Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths (87704 Views)

108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths / 40 Persons Infected As NCDC Confirms 4 New Coronavirus Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by DedeNkem: 9:15am On Apr 23, 2020
We still don't have testing centres in Aba! Ikpeazu is an id*iot
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by maasoap(m): 9:16am On Apr 23, 2020
CrudeSon:
If you know you know grin
NCDC fighting all they can to remain relevant till the money and donations finishes grin cheesy

I hear,and it is funny how all the gullibles above my comments are bending to the fake reports!!!
Expect it to be counting in hundreds now to attract attention grin

It's like you need someone to pay you a visit at home and do a proper orientation for you because it's like what you have been watching and reading didn't have any impact on you. If at this point you are still doubting NCDC that's not even testing people optimally and you're calling hundreds and thousands of people gullible, then your problem is bigger than mount Everest
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Angelfrost(m): 9:18am On Apr 23, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Time to channel all resources into Covid-19 fight.

The deaths are piling up because the Ministry of Health and NCDC have not prioritised mass testing. As long as people are allowed to stay with the virus for long without treatment, they lose the chance to get help and a high possibility of spreading the virus.

All Governors should work on a partnership programme with the Federal Government, International Development Partners and the Private sector (including NGOs) to carryout massive testing for Covid-19. Even though it means reaching out to South Africa and other countries for technical support.

We are wasting time depending on Lockdown to chase the virus.

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

You are preaching to the choir... Our leaders will do no such thing!!!

Honestly, the only reason there is a charade of a lockdown is because other nations are doing so...

Once America and other top nations reopen their economies, our leaders will follow suit.

1 Like

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by DAVE5(m): 9:28am On Apr 23, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

So you know all these yet when Jonathan defeated Ebola you people said it was Lagos state Government and not Jonathan so now where is that Lagos state Government oya dem don handicap?? they need to conquer this one too na. tongue tongue tongue

Please who exactly is "you people"?

Because last I checked, you don't know me or what tribe I'm from or if I'm a Nigerian at all

We as a people need to desist from the old ways, if you're a Christian or Muslim I guess there's no where I've heard Igbo heaven or hausa heaven or yoruba heaven

1 Like

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by maasoap(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2020
StarUp:
If you believe that report, then you can believe anything in this world...

What should we believe? You? With this mentality of yours, would you even protect yourself? It is your type that would rather infect their family members instead of protecting them.

I remember a video that leaked from Kano isolation center showing only 4 people when they initially claimed 21...

Any reason could have explained that away.

funny enough the four people were busy discussing in Hausa that they don't have any virus... Adding that the government just wants tobuse them to make money...

Many people are illiterates. Some are literates but ignorant, just like you. The fact that they were not bedridden coupled with their ignorance would make them say that. All the ones discharged in Osun state were not seriously sick but if they had been allowed to walk freely, they would have infected many people unknowingly.
What exactly is your problem and your likes? You don't trust your leaders, we knew that. But if this thing is spreading like wildfire in USA, UK, Canada, Spain, Italy, South Africa, Egypt, what make you think that it is not spreading in Nigeria?
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by IFNOTGOD(m): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2020
afroxyz:

Please stop exposing your stark stupidity

goat like u are d problem we have in dis country.

d best u could have done is prove what I have said wrong not showing how foolish n stupid u are on a faceless forum.

try buy used some sense
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Ifeanyimichael(m): 9:39am On Apr 23, 2020
Lord please forgive us and heal our land.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by TruthinAction: 9:44am On Apr 23, 2020
How much does the test kits really cost and what does it take to open new test centres? If the two cost mentioned above is within our income, why can't we do it. Open test centres in every States and get more test kits. Employ and train more people. Test as much as 100,000 per day. This is the only way to curb the spread. Otherwise we might end up spending more money at the end than the money we are trying to hold back. They should try and suspend corruption and invest all the monies raised so far to fight the spread. Italy stated with 5 cases and within 5 weeks it rose to over 80,000. Our corrupt leaders should please leave greed aside and do the needful to save Nigerians. They should not think that the money they are stealing will save them when the spread becomes overwhelming.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Fulcrum15: 9:57am On Apr 23, 2020
Nigeria is not a serious country.
We haven't even started testing yet.
We are still scratching the surface and already kano is out of testing kits. Sadly we may experience massive deaths b4 this is over.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by BeStroNG(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2020
monaPhilz:
Bros incase then send for you, kindly request my own details. Thanks

Lol. I pray so.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by beloved961(m): 10:21am On Apr 23, 2020
Funlag:
Lagos the New York of Nigeria undecided
Lagos the Wuhan of Nigeria...Lolzzz
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by drmikeadams(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2020
ovieigho:
may God forgive you o
grin[center][/center] grin grin. grin. Ur holier than Jesus christ and d Pope joined together grin
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Avalancheman: 11:53am On Apr 23, 2020
NigPatriot:

I love you bro.

Thanks. I hope you are not male sha... wink
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Avalancheman: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2020
Fulcrum15:
Nigeria is not a serious country.
We haven't even started testing yet.
We are still scratching the surface and already kano is out of testing kits. Sadly we may experience massive deaths b4 this is over.

If we were going to experience massive deaths, we all may have been dead by now.

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa!
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by McCoy662(m): 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
grin
kponkedenge:

You try. Me I go sleep....na this morning I check am. I no want anything wey go disturb my sleep.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Legendguru: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
No matter how long the lockdown is coronavirus is here to stay like malaria it will continue and drugs will be available soon to treat it stop the alarming daily figures and let people resume next week
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by dominique(f): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kennydoc:

Are you the person in the video? If yes, what happened to you?

He's a serial scammer using a paralyzed person's predicament to rip people. The real person in the video Nwabobo1 has not been active in a while
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by chigoizie7(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

When few rich politicians impose lockdown without palliatives for the numerous poor, they think they are doing the people...

We will all suffer the consequences!!!

But one thing we fail to understand is that when the time comes, na we the poor we go affect most. Of all the over 800 recorded cases. How many of them do you think contacted it from their travel abroad? Majority of them haven’t seen the airports before. Even those that died already were all contacted within naija except few rich. Since the government doesn’t have any palliatives for the masses. Is it now wise for you to put yourself in danger? I know the government should have done something. But in a case where they have failed to do anything. What do you do? Endanger yourself? So many countries are giving palliatives. So many other countries are not as well. I am not living in Nigeria at the moments. Where I live, we have been in lock down longer than Nigeria. No single form of palliative. Yet people understand that few days or weeks of social distancing can do a good job in stopping the spread and once the spread stops, every will go back to their normal businesses. Let me tell you, Nigeria does not have upto 1000. Cases. But as long as they keep recording new cases, the longer the lock down. The government of where I live are planing to reopen the economy by beginning of May because they have flattened the curve. No new cases are being recorded . They just want to make sure that those that have it are treated.

This is a very simple logic. Stop the spread on time and move on. Keep endangering yourselves and increasing the spread and den remain on lock down for as long as it takes. It is as simple as that. It is not easy, but when you check the two scenarios , you choose the one with lesser consequences.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by chigoizie7(m): 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
u11ae1013:
you think it's easy to stay at home without food, why am I even arguing with someone who still feeds from his mother's pot

I know it is not easy.

But when you check the two scenarios , you choose one with lesser consequences.

For as long as people keep moving about and not maintaining the social distancing, the virus keeps spreading and if it keeps spreading, the lock down still remains. And if the lock down is still in effect, the more hunger.

Do you prefer to stay home, stop the spread and in 1 month, everyone gets back to normal biz. Or do you prefer to be moving about and it keeps spreading and then in 6 months the lock down still remains. All over the world. No one is happy staying home. But we have to choose the easy way out.

Of all the over 800 cases, do you think they contacted abroad? All most of all them contacted it locally by not maintaining social distancing.

The country I live in has been on lockdown longer than a Nigeria without any form of palliatives too. But we all stayed home and maintained social distancing, they are opening the economy beginning of May because they are not recording new cases anymore.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by chigoizie7(m): 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
m140:

Give me money make I use buy food stuff

I don’t have money as well.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Kennydoc(m): 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
dominique:

He's a serial scammer using a paralyzed person's predicament to rip people. The real person in the video Nwabobo1 has not been active in a while

Wow! Thanks for enlightening me. I nearly fell for the scam, cos I almost made a transfer to him last night.

I guess the Nwabobo is a Nairalander? What happened to him? He hasn't been active in a while. Is he alright? How can he be reached?
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Angelfrost(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
chigoizie7:

But one thing we fail to understand is that when the time comes, na we the poor we go affect most. Of all the over 800 recorded cases. How many of them do you think contacted it from their travel abroad? Majority of them haven’t seen the airports before. Even those that died already were all contacted within naija except few rich. Since the government doesn’t have any palliatives for the masses. Is it now wise for you to put yourself in danger? I know the government should have done something. But in a case where they have failed to do anything. What do you do? Endanger yourself? So many countries are giving palliatives. So many other countries are not as well. I am not living in Nigeria at the moments. Where I live, we have been in lock down longer than Nigeria. No single form of palliative. Yet people understand that few days or weeks of social distancing can do a good job in stopping the spread and once the spread stops, every will go back to their normal businesses. Let me tell you, Nigeria does not have upto 1000. Cases. But as long as they keep recording new cases, the longer the lock down. The government of where I live are planing to reopen the economy by beginning of May because they have flattened the curve. No new cases are being recorded . They just want to make sure that those that have it are treated.

This is a very simple logic. Stop the spread on time and move on. Keep endangering yourselves and increasing the spread and den remain on lock down for as long as it takes. It is as simple as that. It is not easy, but when you check the two scenarios , you choose the one with lesser consequences.

Sir, it is simple for people who are well disposed... You can't compare standard of living and GDP of those nations to Nigeria even prior to this pandemic.

In some nations, people fight or kick against lock down cos it bores them to death... Right here, an average Nigerian will gladly stay put indoors if he has food to eat and feed his family.... If you have little children to cater for, what do you do??! Cajole them to manage the hunger with you till a virus is contained??!... Let's just be real!!!
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Fa44me: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
Focus9:
Shit getting real, I just no understand Lagos o, wassup na,this lockdown na till November oo if una no respect una self..God help us all
Where will the parents get money to pay you? Or, free lesson is your own palliative assistance to our Country?
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by YeribanzavsAfon: 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
zanjorrg:

That Lagos state claimed they cured Ebola is your problem now. Was money taken from your account when they didn't attribute the cure to Jonathan? I want to know so as to know how I may be of help to you. I'm very sure ur state does not have International Airport, have low number of retunees and also have low rate of recovery.. Let be prayerful and united to fight against this menace... Peace.

Shut and get to work people are getting infected in Lagos in their hundreds if not thousands and you are here whining, same way you people bragged with Jonathan's efforts to curb ebola as YOURS, i want you to now brag about how you have stopped corona virus in the same Lagos stategrin, o seti e!
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by chigoizie7(m): 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sir, it is simple for people who are well disposed... You can't compare standard of living and GDP of those nations to Nigeria even prior to this pandemic.

In some nations, people fight or kick against lock down cos it bores them to death... Right here, an average Nigerian will gladly stay put indoors if he has food to eat and feed his family.... If you have little children to cater for, what do you do??! Cajole them to manage the hunger with you till a virus is contained??!... Let's just be real!!!

Alright, let’s keep going our normal businesses.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by zanjorrg(m): 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

Shut and get to work people are getting infected in Lagos in their hundreds if not thousands and you are here whining, same way you people bragged with Jonathan's efforts to curb ebola as YOURS, i want you to now brag about how you have stopped corona virus in the same Lagos stategrin, o seti e!

I challenge you to tell me the negative effects it had on you attributing the cure of Ebola to Lagos State Govt... I just want to know where it went wrong... And besides, if u want to air your view, you don't need to resort to insult... Talk me as a mature man but if you cant talk like a man, pls don't quote me...
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by YeribanzavsAfon: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
zanjorrg:

[s]I challenge you to tell me the negative effects it had on you attributing the cure of Ebola to Lagos State Govt... I just want to know where it went wrong... And besides, if u want to air your view, you don't need to resort to insult... Talk me as a mature man but if you cant talk like a man, pls don't quote me...[/s]
You cry too much Afonja hypocrite.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by lebete3000: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Squillaci:

That's Nwamabo247. The real guy.

Saw your mail request. Don't have the mail link up to this account anymore. You can reach me on this instead:

shydoki@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by zanjorrg(m): 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

You cry too much Afonja hypocrite.

I can see that you are part of the problems.. Stop being tribalistic and focus on your life... Being tribalistic will not help you in the long run... This is my last time I will quote you.. You are not worth my mention... Peace
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by dominique(f): 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
Kennydoc:

Wow! Thanks for enlightening me. I nearly fell for the scam, cos I almost made a transfer to him last night.

I guess the Nwabobo is a Nairalander? What happened to him? He hasn't been active in a while. Is he alright? How can he be reached?

Sorry for the late response.
He was on Nairaland for a while soliciting for funds (that was how that evil scammer was able to get his video). I haven't seen him here this year. I got his username wrong and I'm not sure of the right spelling. If I'm able to get it, I'll send you the link to his topic.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by nwabobo: 8:00am On May 01, 2020
Kennydoc:

What's up? Why are you looking for me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

#NoBraDay: Nigerians Mark No Bra Day 2023 / Please Beware Of That Bottle Of "Alomo Bitters" You Are About Drinking !!!!!! / Woman Runs Mad In Lagos After Alighting From SUV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.