Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,156 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed (26759 Views)

Bode George: Nigeria Operating A Military Government In A Democracy / Yabagi Sani: South-East Leaders Treating IPOB Issue With Kid Gloves / Buhari Treating Killer Herdsmen With Kid Gloves — Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Jaqenhghar: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2020
Look who is talking. As if he can do any better.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Urchman200: 8:26am On Apr 23, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Common shattap dia and get out! sad angry

You're one of those who plunged this country into the mess she's currently in.
most times some of u who are daft will rather come on social media and insult the messenger rather than the message, learn to attack the message rather than the message?
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by TMKsouth: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2020
Why is he making comparisons with far away USA and Germany? Deluded. He should look closer to home. Most African countries are handling this far better than Nigeria in all aspects, just mention the likes of South Africa and Ghana. How will Nigeria even begin emulating Germany and the US, for goodness sake!
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by dederocs(m): 8:27am On Apr 23, 2020
He is right on this one.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Urchman200: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2020
nairavsdollars:
did you read the news at all? old dude donated N160m to Lagos state government
u know he is a zombie, he will always look for away to talk down on the man .
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Btruth: 8:28am On Apr 23, 2020
nairavsdollars:
the fact that they messed up Nigeria doesnt mean they should be afraid of talking when Buhari's government is doing badly>
You are right sha, but do you think the later will respect any of them talking sha?
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Urchman200: 8:29am On Apr 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
zombie say something meaningful, I know u are Buhari sympathiser as a Muslim, u are here forming niggar.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Patrioticman007(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2020
toprealman:

The guy was a disaster when he was NPA boss. His babe was given million to supply pencil......no pun intended.
Coal calling charcoal black more like.

You this ex convict still dey make noise ?.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by MiztaFabuloz(m): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2020
kikero:

Erm, good morning.

The phrase 'kid glove' is a figure of speech.

For a full meaning of the phrase, click this link

Here , Mr George is using an alternate meaning of the phrase...'the problem is not being handled with the seriousness it deserves'

If he cannot even under the phrase used in the post, do you think he will even understand the English you have written. The guys IQ is low that's just it.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Urchman200: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2020
DonMustafa:
This old man should chill
lazy youths read and attack his message and leave the old man alone.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Missmossy(f): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2020
As if you all are not birds of a feather undecided

Fellow money looter, better keep qwayet angry
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Roon9(m): 8:35am On Apr 23, 2020
FRYSnDIPS:
When you get power you wouldn't be any different....goan sit down my friend!!!!

If you're interested in partnering up as a vehicle owner on the e-hailing platform after the lockdown, I'm available in Lagos as a driver partner for weekly delivery/remittance.
Kindly quote me of interested

Never encourage mediocrity
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by letitrainnow(m): 8:35am On Apr 23, 2020
very true
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Gordson: 8:38am On Apr 23, 2020
This corruption self dey talk cheesy
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Benwallt(m): 8:38am On Apr 23, 2020
See this ex-convict o. Who cares about your being impress or not. The virus should be tackling your generation. Loooooter, shove your head up your ass f*cker
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by blowjohn(m): 8:39am On Apr 23, 2020
Osidazz19:
Ok

Chai, I finally find some sense in what Mr Bode is saying but using America as an example to follow is a NO, NO.

Dotard TRAMP that's using his daily briefing for political campaign? About 47k people dead in the US and the number keeps climbing, so US is a very bad example to follow.

Boss can lead the team but we need medical experts to be thr face of the daily briefing.

What are other countries using their daily briefings to do?
Political campaign too?
Even boris Johnson was still active during isolation.
We dont have leaders here at all.
Buhari is not even fit to be the leader of boys scout.
How can a president be acting as if he's hiding?
No ideas to the table. When trump talks, u can see ideas in form of suggestions.
Here we dont even see the Buhari. Which kind wahala be this. African leaders and power eh. I leave them to God.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Urchman200: 8:45am On Apr 23, 2020
tete7000:
As if when they were in power they performed any better. All these failed leaders still always think anyone respect their opinions. Nigeria is here Mr. Bode because people like you failed and laid bad foundation.
Sometimes one wish that coro can look for all these mofos and swallow them.
oga lets concentrate on the current one that have promised to rebuild the foundation abeg.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by jaxxy(m): 8:46am On Apr 23, 2020
Bode is campaigning. That is very good. Lol
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Karlifate: 8:47am On Apr 23, 2020
buygala:

Prof Prof grin ....

Kid gloves is what it is...it entails when a situation is being handled with soft hands, same way kids are supposed to be handled....before you continue being an idiot, ''kid" in this instance means human children, not the baby goat that you are grin

And please don't drag medical personnel into your fvckery....their gloves are literal while kid gloves as used are connotative to signify a soft and lackadaisical stance smiley

Kit kor....Keri Hilson ni

Set awon "they didn't caught me" grin

Carry on Sir....You are doing well smiley

Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Osidazz19: 8:50am On Apr 23, 2020
blowjohn:

What are other countries using their daily briefings to do?
Political campaign too?
Even boris Johnson was still active during isolation.
We dont have leaders here at all.
Buhari is not even fit to be the leader of boys scout.
How can a president be acting as if he's hiding?
No ideas to the table. When trump talks, u can see ideas in form of suggestions.
Here we dont even see the Buhari. Which kind wahala be this. African leaders and power eh. I leave them to God.

I don't need to hear from Buhari as long I can hear from Medical experts on what are being done.
I'll rather hear from Medical expert instead on Trump spewing lies, propaganda and innuendoes while people are dying.
If any leader wants to lead a press conference on Coronavirus, that leader should stick to Coronavirus related facts that have been vetted by Medical experts and not deviate to some political attacks and lies like Trump has been doing. That very counter productive. He would have been better to just leave it to Dr Fauci and others. It's very obvious that his number one goal is to get re-elected and to the people that are dying on daily basis. Americans are turned off by his antics and lies.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by lacade(m): 8:51am On Apr 23, 2020
Even in US, there are still complaints
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by Swingate(m): 8:57am On Apr 23, 2020
SavageResponse:

What do you mean the lockdown is poorly managed?

Do you expect Buhari to personally be the one to go and enforce the lockdown?!

The government gave an instruction yet stupid Nigerians refused to comply and at the same time members of our security agencies see it as an opportunity to make money and have been collecting money from people to let them move about.

The reason why lockdown is not working is because of the inherent corrupt nature of Nigerians and not because of management afterall lockdown worked in Ghana!

Yes I know what you mean and understand your argument but everyday I look outside the window I see the lapses from the government, when you make a law in a country you also have to show your presence to sensitise people and also enforcement if needed. In the case of Nigeria and Lagos for example we need proper enforcement this is because of the population ignorance and poverty.
This is what the government should do in this case.
1, set up a well trained team to go around and educate people on the need to take responsibility for their actions.
2, set a hotline to report lockdown violators.
3, set up mobile courts to handle cases of hotline violators quickly and community service should be punishment.
4, Buy foodstuff directly from whole sellers and sell them at an affordable price directly to the public weekly in an open and we'll organized environments.
5, Ask all families with any sick person at home to call in and register their address, this information can be used to conduct random tests.

These are some of the things we expect to see from the government, we are all in this together and although I believe the Lagos State government is doing well in treatment and tracking of contacts more needs to be done to produce more positive results.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:00am On Apr 23, 2020
nairavsdollars:
did you read the news at all? old dude donated N160m to Lagos state government

You mean he returned small part of his looted funds
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by pellummy(m): 9:00am On Apr 23, 2020
MiztaFabuloz:

Are you still in primary school?

Fyi he is right, have u boxed b4, their is kids glove!!!!
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by nairavsdollars(f): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2020
tell him ooo. always leaving the message and attacking the messenger
Roon9:

Never encourage mediocrity
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by nairavsdollars(f): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2020
what's this one saying he said kit glove
pellummy:

Fyi he is right, have u boxed b4, their is kids glove!!!!
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by od501: 9:05am On Apr 23, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Common shattap dia and get out! sad angry

You're one of those who plunged this country into the mess she's currently in.

My brother tell them ooo....what even gave him the nerve to spoke on National issue after putting us in darkness. They are the reason for epileptic power supply in this country.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by mindtricks: 9:06am On Apr 23, 2020
Not far from the truth, only that they too were not that good while they were in office.

Bottom line, Nigerians still will suffer for the wrongs of our leaders.
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by pellummy(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2020
nairavsdollars:
what's this one saying he said kit glove

Okay ooo he is right too, kits glove
Re: Bode George: Nigeria Fighting COVID-19 Pandemic With Kid Gloves, I'm Unimpressed by nairavsdollars(f): 9:09am On Apr 23, 2020
ha ha pelllummy, that man must be your teacher in secondary school
pellummy:

Okay ooo he is right too, kits glove

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Telcos Warn Of Shutdown In 11 States Over Kogi’s Clampdown / Ekweremadu Gets International Parliamentary (IPC) Appointment / Igbos Top List Of Donors To Buhari – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.