Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,601 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

I Was Paid 30K For My First Movie Role – Kate Henshaw - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Was Paid 30K For My First Movie Role – Kate Henshaw (354 Views)

Why I Accepted My First Movie Role - Singer Waje Reveals / Adesua Etomi Reacts To Banky W's Movie Role As NYSC Member / PHOTOS: Empress Njamah Rocks Hijab For A Movie Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Was Paid 30K For My First Movie Role – Kate Henshaw by Dreyxam: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2020
With a glittering career as an award-winning Nigerian actress, Kate Henshaw is an actress that radiates so much charisma. She started her acting career coming off the peak of her modeling career where she faced different brands.

Henshaw joined the Nigerian movie industry in the early 90s when the name “Nollywood” had not yet come into existence and has proven to be one of Nollywood’s most sought-after talents.

In this wide-ranging interview with Judith Audu’s Meet the Actor/Filmmaker, the Nollywood star discusses her passion for acting, and her efforts to make a difference. Eelive.ng brings you excerpts from the Instagram Live interview.

From medical microbiology to acting, how was the transition like?
It was basically curiosity, which didn’t kill this cat. I was curious to know what an audition meant. When the late JT invited me for an audition, I decided to go, because I was doing a lot of things while I was in medical school. I was a model, I worked at the International Trade Fair as one of the girls that would sell drinks.

I also worked at the Lagos Motor Fair, I was doing so many things. That was how I came in contact with the late JT Tomwest. I went for the audition and I was picked to play the lead role in my first movie When the Sun Sets. To me, it was a new experience but I had good people around me who were very supportive of this new person. I’m sure they didn’t even know that I had no training in the art but they were extremely supportive of me and here we are today.

How was your first role?
It was scary, I didn't know what was expected of me, what I was supposed to do. All I knew was I needed to get my lines, be prepared, and ready to take direction.

Read the remaining interview here >>> https://www.eelive.ng/i-was-paid-30k-for-my-first-movie-role-kate-henshaw/

(1) (Reply)

Why Young Girls Date Married Men: Blessing Okoro Nkiruka / Gospel Singer Mercy Chinwo, Doing Very Well With Funny Comedy Skits (funniest) / Interesting Details About The Alaafin Of Oyo, His Morach & Many Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.