Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) (52252 Views)

14 Year Old Indian Girl Already Prophesyed When Coronavirus Will Come To An End. / Health Cluster Coordinator At World Health Organization (WHO) / Look At What World Health Organization (WHO) Projects For Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 2:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
Jack500:

Oga! Lockdown is not the solution, if American can not observe lockdown u think Nigeria would? Even Ghana has lifted lockdown, lockdown is not practicable, anything not practicable can't be the solution.

And USA was on Lockdown until recently, when they can't bear it and the cases was not even decreasing.

Did their protest stop the US government from continued lockdown? They are just stupid and lawless fish brains. Governnent knows what its doing. Borders of all countries are closed and you think every government in these countries are dumb?

If people had strictly adhered to the initial two week lockdown directive and government was more proactive since the index case, we may all have been good to go by now.

Is social distancing possble in schools, crowded churches, markets, buses and banks? If this thing gets out of hand in Nigeria even the medical practitioners and frontliners will stay back in their homes and run for their lives because the government of Nigeria is not that reliable. Let us apply wisdom.

Since you say lockdown isnt the solution. What do you think the solution is?
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Jaspaman: 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Halopy:
The way WHO handled the matter under this present regime is the worst so far, starting from the naming of the virus, going by presence, such pandemics are named after the town or area it was discovered, for example, the Asian flu of 1956, hong kong flu, 1968, Spanish virus, Eboka named after river Ebola in Congo, even Lassa fever here was named after Lassa town in Borno state. Why this corona not named Wuhan virus? It simply shows the double standard and politics of WHO. They have not be sincere since day one. They were covering this because they were covering China, they sabotaged use of hydroxyl chloroquine as a possible treatment because the world powers lobbied them because they want to use this opportunity to bring in their vaccine to achieve the new world order. They connived with India not to supply chloroquine to USA. Now they are saying it will be with us for a long time.

Anyway that's not for us in Nigeria. We reject it in Jesus name. We will not take your vaccine and we will be OK. We are rugged and we will use our herbs it will leave Nigeria the way it came. I just wish we have a sensible government.

Most Nigeria's don't even know what you're talking about. All they know is that there's virus and they are in lockdown. They don't care do more indept research to know the how the virus really came about. They don't know W H O are some devish set of people.They are working hand in hand with bill gates.Well time will tell.

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
.. YOU ARE ALREADY A WALKING CORPSE. OZU NWURU ANWU., I NO BLAME YOU!! YOU ARE STILL A COWARD BOTH YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS

Back to sender. Back to you and your worthless generation.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
salt1:

Why all the abuses? Death by hunger is certain. Not everyone will catch the virus

I hope you wont mind being part of the unfortunate ones that will catch it.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Acidosis(m): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
DAVIYJONESS:
MONDAY 27TH APRIL: The Day Nigeria Will Rise Or Fall. Civil War Loading

lagos, ogun and Abuja middleclass and the poor are vehemently waiting for a day that will determine the fate of a nation as the two category of the aforementioned can not survive more than one month of HUNGER for a disease brought into the nation by the elite.

The biggest mistake mr president will ever make is to extend the lockdown and watch the country burn! its revolution people prepare for WAR!

Its apparent nigeria can not distribute palliatives to even 1% of her Citizens of 200million. The best decision is to open the economy and adopt other mechanisms to contain the spread.

LMAO! War? Revolution? By who? Those who can make that happen already have resumed work.

Come 27th April, the lockdown would be extended across the country and nothing would be done. A lot of people are cashing out from the lockdown. You don't expect them to ignite any war. Visit the closest market to you and see inflated prices everywhere. Agberos have resumed work, market women are cashing out big, okada and keke have resumed fully in Lagos. Some buses have started moving passengers. Shop owners in every street across the country have yet to observe any lockdown. The only thing that has changed is the upward trend in prices.

Those who can make your proposed war happen are making money and that is not going to stop anytime soon.

The worst hit in this crisis are the tie and suit/salary folks in the private sector. The average "poor" market woman is not going to join you in your proposed war. The panic buying has turned some of them to millionaires.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
salt1:

Lockdown is solution if there's massive testing and palliatives. Otherwise it's not sustainable

Palliatives are very necessary and i really don't understand what the problem of this government is in that regard.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by LEBEfirstson: 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Digmygold:

Back to sender. Back to you and your worthless generation.
..YOUR NEMESIS HAVE STARTED ALREADY FROM NOW..
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Phyde: 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
The world strong men are still working behind the scene to achieve the New World Order. Let's prepare for what is coming next. Global vaccine.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by israelmao(m): 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Confused bunch of people.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eulalia:
Lies from the pit of hell.
I reject it!
keep deceiving yourself there.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
..YOUR NEMESIS HAVE STARTED ALREADY FROM NOW..

For where? Nemesis that you were born with and will die in. Its in your DNA, fish brain.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by salt1: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Digmygold:

I hope you wont mind being part of the unfortunate ones that will catch it.

I hope I don't catch either. But let's be considerate. You don't trivialize the sufferings of the poor
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Avalancheman: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Digmygold:

Your mannerism exposes the porousness of your fish brain.

Will you STFU! When fools like you begin to pick dead bodies of your corona virus victim family members from the streets you will then VOLUNTARILY opt to stay home and fast for 40 days and 40 nights.

If Buhari dims it necessary to further extend the lockdown, please find sniper around your rural hood and end your apparently very meaningless and worthless life.

It is bodies of your family members killed by Coronavirus that will be picked on the streets.

Since January that the Coronavirus entered the country, we have recorded only 28 deaths. Only lazy, stay-at-home addicted loooonatics won't realise that God has been so good to us.

If all the US, UK, Italy and co have is 28 deaths after 3 months of the virus, Coronavirus would have been completely forgotten in their daily lives.

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa!
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Bennysam: 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Babapyro:

Use your brain whenever you want to comment OK,it's very important.
Tell the idiot

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Acidosis(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Halopy:
The way WHO handled the matter under this present regime is the worst so far, starting from the naming of the virus, going by presence, such pandemics are named after the town or area it was discovered, for example, the Asian flu of 1956, hong kong flu, 1968, Spanish virus, Eboka named after river Ebola in Congo, even Lassa fever here was named after Lassa town in Borno state. Why this corona not named Wuhan virus? It simply shows the double standard and politics of WHO. They have not be sincere since day one. They were covering this because they were covering China, they sabotaged use of hydroxyl chloroquine as a possible treatment because the world powers lobbied them because they want to use this opportunity to bring in their vaccine to achieve the new world order. They connived with India not to supply chloroquine to USA. Now they are saying it will be with us for a long time.

Anyway that's not for us in Nigeria. We reject it in Jesus name. We will not take your vaccine and we will be OK. We are rugged and we will use our herbs it will leave Nigeria the way it came. I just wish we have a sensible government.

Propaganda.

Has any WHO official come to arrest anyone in your neighborhood for using chloroquine? Didn't Trump approve chloroquine? Why hasn't the death rate decline to zero?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by salt1: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
Digmygold:

Palliatives are very necessary and i really don't understand what the problem of this government is in that regard.

They're not giving to anyone that I know. I've seen churches giving to people.

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by emanjayz(m): 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
CONTACT US TODAY ON 08184151414
FOR YOUR NOSE MASK ORDER

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Frezhkid10(m): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
Muh:
The internet thief scammer bank details.
Aminullah abdulwaheed
UBA account number: 2116086231
..bro thank u...and I already saved his number to buy data from him..
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by oloriLFC(f): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
DAVIYJONESS:

lagos, ogun and Abuja middleclass and the poor are vehemently waiting for a day that will determine the fate of a nation as the two category of the aforementioned can not survive more than one month of HUNGER for a disease brought into the nation by the elite.

The biggest mistake mr president will ever make is to extend the lockdown and watch the country burn! its revolution people prepare for WAR!

Its apparent nigeria can not distribute palliatives to even 1% of her Citizens of 200million. The best decision is to open the economy and adopt other mechanisms to contain the spread.
It is well oo. E no go good o. Imagine, one guy called a radio station this morning and said the police should be ready to kill lots of people cos they are not going to stay indoors any longer. Make Naija no burn ooo undecided
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
Can we all continue life now with our face mask and sanitizer? I'm tires of staying indoors since corona virus has come to stay.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
DAVIYJONESS:

The world is shutting down, not just Nigeria.

Remember that even despite palliatives, Americans are also tired of the compulsory sit-at-home.

This is not the best of times to be a political office holder. Before, many of them were there just to steal the things they can, but today, they can't even travel to Dubai to shop grin
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by 12inchess: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
Halopy:

A fellow ignorant person like you will read what you wrote now and think it is making sense not knowing all you wrote there is utter rubbish. I will dispute your nonsense
1) Naming a virus after a location has been found out to be discriminatory especially against people of that place. That is why WHO has stopped doing that. Also, the fact that the Covid19 was first discovered in Nigeria doesn't mean it originated there.
2) There is no proven study that hydroxyl chloroquine works. To test a medication or therapy, you must have good control with checks and balances. Covid19 has about 3 % to 10% mortality rate. It's also more serious in older people and people with exisiting health conditions. It could be a coincidence that it works in one group against the other if the control is not well established for example if one group has way more older people or people with existing conditions.
3)Blaming WHO is dumb. WHO had always taken it seriously. Their major gafe has been not encouraging widespread use of masks irresprective of if you're showing symptoms or not. 20% are asymptomatic. But are you telling me that with all the experts and intelligence U.S has they need to rely on WHO to warn them of what was coming?? So if China say wanted to destroy U.S with a biological virus, is this how easy it would be? I do not believe they didn't know what was coming but they put economy over people and the politicians didn't listen to the experts. Even many hotspot areas in the U.S dont have masks and hand sanitizers in adequate supply so people can protect themselves and also curtail the spread.4) How is it that Nigeria a developing country is able to curtail the spread to under 1000 while U.S is just blowing up and blowing up?
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
sylve11:

Think before you type. embarassed cool

Hey Mr, back off my mentions!

Learn to speak positive things to situations. Let me exercise my spiritual authority through my declarations. We are not on the same realm, so you won't undertand. Therefore stay on your lane.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by EdidemOluomo: 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
Babapyro:

Use your brain whenever you want to comment OK,it's very important.

You should your brain Oga.
Theres alot goin on
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by cray91(m): 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nice Write up With analysis! you have spilled the bean Already. That's the exact Situation of Things now
Kaymaxi2222:
Well it's true that this virus will be around for a while.

```This is what I think about the current situation

Two main pandemics at the moment we are fighting......

1. Coronavirus
2. Hunger virus.

Two main group of people at the moment fighting the the pandemics......

1. The Rich and
2. The poor.

The the global irony and the African outlook......

The rich is afraid of the virus.

The poor is afraid of hunger.

The rich wants the poor to stay home to avoid the spread, but hunger won't allow the poor to stay home.

The poor fears that if they stay home, the hunger virus will kill them.

The rich fears that if they also come out of their homes the coronavirus will kill them.......

What a delicate situation we have .........

Opinion:
In other to restore the world or Nigeria to it's normal social equilibrium.

The rich should assist the poor with food, so that they can stay at home.

When the rich succeeds in keeping the poor at home by providing enough food.

The spread of the coronavirus which the rich fears the most will be chased out!

This is common sense.....Yet because some people have the microphones, all you hear is ...... “stay at home”.......... “stay at home” .

How can they stay at home when the hunger virus is at home.

fight coronavirus
fight Hunger```
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Avalancheman:

It is bodies of your family members killed by Coronavirus that will be picked on the streets.

Since January that the Coronavirus entered the country, we have recorded only 28 deaths. Only lazy, stay-at-home addicted loooonatics won't realise that God has been so good to us.

If all the US, UK, Italy and co have is 28 deaths after 3 months of the virus, Coronavirus would have been completely forgotten in their daily lives.

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa!

Tell your nonsense to your fish brain family members corpses who choose not to adhere to government lockdown directive.

My family members are law abiding , hardworking citizens and will never be infected nor die of corona virus by the grace of God.

If Corona virus was not for Africa we wont have had 28 deaths which is infact not the true representation of the numbers because people are hiding and feeling stigmatised, you inconsiderate dead brain.

Do you even understand what it means to lose a loved one? My only hope is that you get infected and realise your brain needed a reset whilst you were alive when you arrive in hell.

Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, he did not die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
mployer:
You are big liers.

you are an illiterate... religious illiterate.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Digmygold: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
salt1:

They're not giving to anyone that I know. I've seen churches giving to people.

Omg. Who curse this country? Na wa o i did not know they have been collecting the money back.

I do not know of anyone who has received palliatives too. If na to distribute electricity bills and land use charge bills dem for don reach our doorstep.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
DAVIYJONESS:

the chaos will be crazy. Your very own neighbor might attack you for garri. The foolish elites don't care because they have bags of rice inside and they also have big big dogs and armed security men guarding them. When fire enter compound even dogs and security men will jappa
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Halopy:

Spanish flu didn't start in Spain
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by mployer(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nelz77:

China did there’s with total lockdown
Don’t say what u don’t know.

There was no total lockdown in China. Only Wuhan was locked down.
Re: Coronavirus Will Be With Us For A Long Time – World Health Organization (WHO) by TemmyT002(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
DAVIYJONESS:

Which mechanism exactly?
Give solutions. Give ideas.
When you think about it, you will realize that social distancing is the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

170 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 2558. 400 discharged. 87 deaths / Steps To Become A Registered Nurse In Nigeria / Aba Girls Start Having Sex & Regular Boyfriends At The Age Of 10 - Godwin Uwaoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.