Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,068 members, 7,953,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:13 PM

108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths (67294 Views)

195 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1532, 225 Discharged, 44 Deaths / 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths / 35 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 442, 152 Discharged,13 deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by gambia(m): 5:23am On Apr 24, 2020
Whats the way forward? The figure keeps soaring, May God protect and deliver us all.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by ThierryJay: 5:27am On Apr 24, 2020
I pity all those insinuating that COVID 19 is a scam in Nigeria because people you know are not dying yet. Don't worry e go soon clear for una eyes.

With the way people have not been taking precautions here in Nigeria, it's a no brainer that it's going to spread widely. Whatever NCDC stands to gain financially does not stop people from infecting one another.

If it's real in Ghana, in South Africa, in Egypt, in Burkina Faso, why wouldn't it be real in Nigeria? Are all of these countries scammers too? Including their European counterparts?

The billions of grant being claimed to be received by NCDC and embezzled, Nigeria has lost several multiples of that amount in revenue from unproductivity due to lockdown. So will you, as a rational perso,n shut down your personal business that gives you N10million a month, in order to receive a 500thousand Naira handout from good Samaritans? I'm struggling to understand the level of gross stupidity at play here

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by favour32(m): 5:31am On Apr 24, 2020
landmark86:
Dis getting serious I must say.
See what dis useless government have cos us.
Lock airport dey no gree.
They wait till dia friends & family returned. Bringing in the virus for the poor ones.
Now dey are locking us down. Suffering the poor masses.

My brethren, let no deceive ourself, dis lockdown thing will last for long oooo.
Make we remain strong in the Lord cos na we call for CHANGE in 2015 so make we enjoy am 2geda.
Buhari wey sacrify Nigeria because of e daughter.

4 Likes

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Jostoman: 5:33am On Apr 24, 2020
kentosman:
What again? Chai!

Na wa o

How are they doing the contact tracing self?

I think we have found ourselves in a situation that we should start making public details of those that tested positive. Let individuals who have made contacts be the ones to present themselves for tests. While many wont submit, people that want to live will willingly do so.

This thing don be for us oo. After a tile seller that visited Mezonel hospital Adefowope street Aguda died on Saturday, many guys that say this is audio have changed voice. Not exonerating the people managing this as there seems to be some debatable reports from the people running these updates.

My problem is though government is limiting the geometrical spread by locking everywhere, I am worried that there seems no advanced measure in place to drive the spread down. What are the escalated indices of our testing, contact tracing and palliatives? Woe betide anybody using this misery to blow.

As I said earlier, We don't need to window dress this any longer as it is already getting out of hand. We need to be serious about tests as well as tracing so that this lockdown will make sense.
What do I know self?

I just hope we get over this.

My respect to all the health workers now. You guys are the real soldiers with no armour.
your mumu just start
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by solmus: 5:33am On Apr 24, 2020
lipsrsealed

This thing wont even give us a break

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Unrated900(m): 5:36am On Apr 24, 2020
AIT1:
I'm starting to have a rethink as regards this Covid19 cases in Nigeria. It is either the government is over- reporting or under-reporting this cases. I'm not convinced they are sincere with the figures, I might be wrong though.

But this is my take:

The Corona Virus in Nigeria is not as Lethal as we were made to believe. The late Abba Kyari came back to Nigeria March 14 and was diagnosed of the disease March 24, he attended several conferences, APC meetings and also led a delegation to the Kogi state Governor to greet him for the demise of his Mother amongst other things he did Within the 10 days.

Now, no single person was infected by the Late COS from the records, and the only record we have of someone infecting another person is Atiku son that infected the Bauchi Governor.

Hence, I believe all this hullabaloo about the spread of the disease here is weak. We've been on lockdown for about 25 days and we have barely tested 10,000 persons. It's obvious the government is not ready to do mass testing and the cases reported kept rising, so of what use is the Lockdown? What's the objectives of the Total Lockdown?

The government just need to devise any other mechanism for curbing this disease; a total lockdown cannot be sustained.

We were told the virus symptoms and it's complications will start showing after 14 days, since we've been at home how many people has fallen ill suddenly or died unexpectedly in each of our areas across the country. All of us sha can never be asymptomatic.

If they want to share the money, they should go and share it, they should leave us to go and continue our hustle. We are not able to sleep at night, vigilante up and down.

My Verdict: The lockdown should be partial, people can move around with facemask and any other thing to protect themselves. Schools, mosques, churches can still hold on. People are broke and hunger is real!

The cases keeps rising up because they started running house to house test days ago.
Ordinary fever might hold someone with light result to cough,they will tagged it cases confirmed.
This government are hell of a pit.
We knew quovik 19 is real,but the over hyping of this disease makes people get angry daily.

2 Likes

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by guru90: 5:40am On Apr 24, 2020
They wanna rig the billions naira into their pockets.
Chai....... Everyday political figures.
Continue!
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by tragergeorge(m): 5:40am On Apr 24, 2020
RX480:

Don't put your hope in that, Ecuador has similar climate as southern Nigeria and they're suffering the most out of all the South American countries
where you want him put his hopes like you not taking courage from that,,,
The virus no b immoral,,, e get wetin de weak am,,,and Ecuador cancer be compared to 9ja,,,that shit village,,, my dear the chain of transmission is being broken here,,, people.with good immune especially younger adults and teens are not easily affected,,, some get healed without knowing theyhad it,,ask kdb,,,corona nob death sentence ,,,majority of people wen die was about to die before,,,,, malaria,tb did worse and people lived with it before vaccine cone out,,,,HIV never get cure people still fuckig ,,and even with skin...
Shwo ,,,make una no kill persons with panic,,,,the thing no b as e b,,,,if na so most nairaland members for don give update
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Wettoid123: 5:45am On Apr 24, 2020
landmark86:
Dis getting serious I must say.
See what dis useless government have cos us.
Lock airport dey no gree.
They wait till dia friends & family returned. Bringing in the virus for the poor ones.
Now dey are locking us down. Suffering the poor masses.

My brethren, let no deceive ourself, dis lockdown thing will last for long oooo.
Make we remain strong in the Lord cos na we call for CHANGE in 2015 so make we enjoy am 2geda.

is it the change that we called for that made the lockdown to come up?
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 24, 2020
This is just the result of the rich who had tried hiding the disease to seek treatment in private hospitals not equipped to treat it.

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Governorpreside: 5:46am On Apr 24, 2020
AIT1:
I'm starting to have a rethink as regards this Covid19 cases in Nigeria. It is either the government is over- reporting or under-reporting this cases. I'm not convinced they are sincere with the figures, I might be wrong though.

But this is my take:

The Corona Virus in Nigeria is not as Lethal as we were made to believe. The late Abba Kyari came back to Nigeria March 14 and was diagnosed of the disease March 24, he attended several conferences, APC meetings and also led a delegation to the Kogi state Governor to greet him for the demise of his Mother amongst other things he did Within the 10 days.

Now, no single person was infected by the Late COS from the records, and the only record we have of someone infecting another person is Atiku son that infected the Bauchi Governor.

Hence, I believe all this hullabaloo about the spread of the disease here is weak. We've been on lockdown for about 25 days and we have barely tested 10,000 persons. It's obvious the government is not ready to do mass testing and the cases reported kept rising, so of what use is the Lockdown? What's the objectives of the Total Lockdown?

The government just need to devise any other mechanism for curbing this disease; a total lockdown cannot be sustained.

We were told the virus symptoms and it's complications will start showing after 14 days, since we've been at home how many people has fallen ill suddenly or died unexpectedly in each of our areas across the country. All of us sha can never be asymptomatic.

If they want to share the money, they should go and share it, they should leave us to go and continue our hustle. We are not able to sleep at night, vigilante up and down.

My Verdict: The lockdown should be partial, people can move around with facemask and any other thing to protect themselves. Schools, mosques, churches can still hold on. People are broke and hunger is real!

@AIT1.

This table u are shaking. The uncooked rice on it plenty o. If e fall u fit no pack am finish.

Men are cashing out big time as long as this thing lasts. Before Oyibo find standard drug/Vaccine which is very near. Our Dadies and Momies no won carry last. Post COVID-19 Surly there will be a compensation or pardon to affected countries of any kind. They know this so data's needs to be padded anyhow. This is Nigeria for u.

COVID-19 is real thou. But Data is questionable
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by humblebobojay(m): 5:46am On Apr 24, 2020
Lets all believe that 2020 is already finish we should get ready for 2021 to get back to our work

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Stanlat1: 5:51am On Apr 24, 2020
Covid 19 cases is just an election result now . What do you expect from NCDC because the director is from East and you know they like money.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 24, 2020
kentosman:
What again? Chai!

Na wa o

How are they doing the contact tracing self?

I think we have found ourselves in a situation that we should start making public details of those that tested positive. Let individuals who have made contacts be the ones to present themselves for tests. While many wont submit, people that want to live will willingly do so.

This thing don be for us oo. After a tile seller that visited Mezonel hospital Adefowope street Aguda died on Saturday, many guys that say this is audio have changed voice. Not exonerating the people managing this as there seems to be some debatable reports from the people running these updates.

My problem is though government is limiting the geometrical spread by locking everywhere, I am worried that there seems no advanced measure in place to drive the spread down. What are the escalated indices of our testing, contact tracing and palliatives? Woe betide anybody using this misery to blow.

As I said earlier, We don't need to window dress this any longer as it is already getting out of hand. We need to be serious about tests as well as tracing so that this lockdown will make sense.
What do I know self?

I just hope we get over this.

My respect to all the health workers now. You guys are the real soldiers with no armour.

You seem to forget that Baba is a stunch advocate and believer of things taking care of themselves. Perhaps he still believes covid-19 will sort itself out and he locks down the economy.

But this is failing cos the lock only applies to non-car owner, some private sector employees and civil servants.

The rest can bribe their way and move around. There have been movement in Lagos and Nigeria at large. Even the night vigilante stuff is not helping either. It's a means for the stuff to spread. This begs the question are WE ( inclusive of the govt), practising social distancing?

The two major high profile funeral of few days ago, holds all the answer you seek.

The test -infection rate is above 10%. Fatality rate is above 3% from the data from NCDC. And with 8k plus tested. What happens if we test 20% of the population?

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 24, 2020
This is a classic case of figure scaring. If people are treated and discharged it either means:
1. The disease is curable
or
2. People were wrongly diagnosed as having the disease.
3. They re just trumping up figures to scare people.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Chuksyno(m): 5:55am On Apr 24, 2020
This is becomimg a scam. Show us the pictures of victims or we no longer believe it.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Olathunji010(m): 5:56am On Apr 24, 2020
This coronavirus is real... To even believe some useless people are saying there's no any virus.. Anyway may almighty God help us out shaaa

4 Likes

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Xscape1993(m): 5:59am On Apr 24, 2020
AIT1:

But this is my take:

you are very correct. Our rulers are not telling us the truth about this virus of a thing. They keep giving fake figures to get financial help or something.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by blowjohn(m): 5:59am On Apr 24, 2020
AIT1:

But this is my take:

Symptoms of covid19 can appear from 2nd day after contracting it. Range of 2 to 14 days.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 24, 2020
ThierryJay:
I pity all those insinuating that COVID 19 is a scam in Nigeria because people you know are not dying yet. Don't worry e go soon clear for una eyes.

With the way people have not been taking precautions here in Nigeria, it's a no brainer that it's going to spread widely. Whatever NCDC stands to gain financially does not stop people from infecting one another.

If it's real in Ghana, in South Africa, in Egypt, in Burkina Faso, why wouldn't it be real in Nigeria? Are all of these countries scammers too? Including their European counterparts?

The billions of grant being claimed to be received by NCDC and embezzled, Nigeria has lost several multiples of that amount in revenue from unproductivity due to lockdown. So will you, as a rational perso,n shut down your personal business that gives you N10million a month, in order to receive a 500thousand Naira handout from good Samaritans? I'm struggling to understand the level of gross stupidity at play here

If it real why are you still alive?

How come non of your close friends, relatives and acquaintance hasn't died of d disease?

Ghana is relaxing lock down.

If it is really killing medical personnel, why haven't they stopped working? Oh , I forgot the love of 50k daily allowance is greater than the fear of the virus eh?

Ponder on these, and stop your fear mongering.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Princedapace(m): 6:04am On Apr 24, 2020
Dear Nigerians

Never ever forgive these people who were busy telling us they were ready to fight corona when it was yet to come into Nigeria..

With the poor testing rate, Buhari has failed again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by seunfly: 6:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Unrated900:

The cases keeps rising up because they started running house to house test days ago.
Ordinary fever might hold someone with light result to cough,they will tagged it cases confirmed.
This government are hell of a pit.
We knew quovik 19 is real,but the over hyping of this disease makes people get angry daily.

You guys are really talking out of sense, you think government is hyping result to keep u at home and damage the economy?
Even if they want to steal, keeping people unproductive has reduced what they will steal.

Take your calculator, do ur statistic and compare other countries to Nigeria and see that the result is infact under reported due to lack of massive testing kits.
Just know that if government test 1 million people today in high risk area, expect result of tens of thsusand infected.

The only good news is that only 20% of infected person will show symptoms while only few of the people with symptoms will die.

Always use your head even if it makes u happy to blame government.

9 Likes

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Insideout20000: 6:07am On Apr 24, 2020
quentin06:

If it real why are you still alive?

How come non of your close friends, relatives and acquaintance hasn't died of d disease?

Ghana is relaxing lock down.

If it is really killing medical personnel, why haven't they stopped working? Oh , I forgot the love of 50k daily allowance is greater than the fear of the virus eh?

Ponder on these, and stop your fear mongering.
Covid19 is real. My classmate tested positive and she is recovering. She was infected by her father who travelled back to Nigeria from UK.

9 Likes

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by seunfly: 6:10am On Apr 24, 2020
quentin06:
This is a classic case of figure scaring.
If people are treated and discharged it either means:

1. The disease is curable

or

2. People were wrongly diagnosed as having the disease.

3. They re just trumping up figures to scare people.

You have smartphone with data, kindly read more about it before u write things like this.

3 Likes

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by hamzat2003(m): 6:15am On Apr 24, 2020
May Almighty Allah help us oooooo
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by fortran12: 6:16am On Apr 24, 2020
fetrillion:

The higher the confirmed cases,the lower the discharged.We are getting into outbreak which reduces efficiency
We now have too many casualty n little man power.. may God help us.
Hope you know what casualty means, only 31 deaths, are you claiming we have less than 31 doctors in Nigeria?
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by oyeb15: 6:17am On Apr 24, 2020
They just sit in d their office and manufacture figures like inec.

Are they able to test a thousand people yesterday to get hundred positive. This people need to be probed.

Where are they testing people self?
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by ViktorCash: 6:18am On Apr 24, 2020
Let then open airports for people to japa! The country don cast
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by fortran12: 6:19am On Apr 24, 2020
seunfly:

You guys are really talking out of sense, you think government is hyping result to keep u at home and damage the economy?
Even if they want to steal, keeping people unproductive has reduced what they will steal.

Take your calculator, do ur statistic and compare other countries to Nigeria and see that the result is infact under reported due to lack of massive testing kits.
Just know that if government test 1 million people today in high risk area, expect result of tens of thsusand infected.

The only good news is that only 20% of infected person will show symptoms while only few of the people with symptoms will die.

Always use your head even if it makes u happy to blame government.

Hyping does not mean inflating the numbers, its making corona bigger than it is, its mortality rate is less than 1 percent, most people who have it will recover.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Middlewealth: 6:20am On Apr 24, 2020
You see now?!!! Our case dey increase small small n minimal death before dis chinco people entered here, we dey manage ourselves, now see d high progression since they entered, 117, 91, 89, 103 scary figures right? and with increase in death and reduction in recovery. Hmmm, so what are they here for? which impact? Who dey help now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Have This Skin Disease And I'm About To Get Married... Help Needed!! / Help Me! Syphilis Wants To Finish My Life / Dr. Paul Enenche Working From 20th Floor Of Trump Towers (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.