Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths (66927 Views)

195 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1532, 225 Discharged, 44 Deaths / 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths / 35 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 442, 152 Discharged,13 deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 8:43am On Apr 24, 2020
seunfly:
Thank God we have few sensible youth like u in Nigeria.
I always wonder if people are educated and if people's brain works perfectly, they just make wrong claim boldly and nairaland that is supposed to remove comments like this to prevent misinformation will not do anything about it.

I know many people who suspected they have it and are treating themselve at home.

That’s why I often say that Nigerians are the WORST thing to happen to Nigeria...smh
>
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by dadexcel: 8:44am On Apr 24, 2020
9jaRealist:

The testing lab in Kano has been temporarily closed down for decontamination...
Samples collected in Kano has not been tested for the last couple of days, and thus no results therefrom.
>
....ok then ...that's even more dangerous because as it stands now no body know a who has been infected or not....God bless us
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Raptor2cool: 8:47am On Apr 24, 2020
which means the lockdown won't be over soon. please I am starved and stranded. (0233246335 gtb) biko anything you have you will do. I never believed I will be doing this one day.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 56michael(m): 8:47am On Apr 24, 2020
I think am beginning to smell something fishy here,we be been seen d rise of of covid case day by day,plz were are the hospitalized covid-19 patience,all other countries, patiences are seen and how they are been treated,but here we only hear we can't see ���
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by xcelentattitude(m): 8:48am On Apr 24, 2020
AIT1:
I'm starting to have a rethink as regards this Covid19 cases in Nigeria. It is either the government is over- reporting or under-reporting this cases. I'm not convinced they are sincere with the figures, I might be wrong though.

But this is my take:

The Corona Virus in Nigeria is not as Lethal as we were made to believe. The late Abba Kyari came back to Nigeria March 14 and was diagnosed of the disease March 24, he attended several conferences, APC meetings and also led a delegation to the Kogi state Governor to greet him for the demise of his Mother amongst other things he did Within the 10 days.

Now, no single person was infected by the Late COS from the records, and the only record we have of someone infecting another person is Atiku son that infected the Bauchi Governor.

Hence, I believe all this hullabaloo about the spread of the disease here is weak. We've been on lockdown for about 25 days and we have barely tested 10,000 persons. It's obvious the government is not ready to do mass testing and the cases reported kept rising, so of what use is the Lockdown? What's the objectives of the Total Lockdown?

The government just need to devise any other mechanism for curbing this disease; a total lockdown cannot be sustained.

We were told the virus symptoms and it's complications will start showing after 14 days, since we've been at home how many people has fallen ill suddenly or died unexpectedly in each of our areas across the country. All of us sha can never be asymptomatic.

If they want to share the money, they should go and share it, they should leave us to go and continue our hustle. We are not able to sleep at night, vigilante up and down.

My Verdict: The lockdown should be partial, people can move around with facemask and any other thing to protect themselves. Schools, mosques, churches can still hold on . People are broke and hunger is real!

Bad idea angry

A lot of people work in schools you know.

If the virus is really in Nigeria (which I'm already doubting it is) don't you think parents can safely deliver it home to their family members
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Yohh: 8:50am On Apr 24, 2020
emeernest:

Yes,
but if the cases are far above 987, can you explain why people are not falling sick or dying everywhere. Because they say the virus takes about 14days to manifest and we have been on lockdown for much longer.
It is because covid-19 infection is not a death sentence.
The major reasons why they record thousands of death in the developed countries is because they have very large number of elderly people there and this set of people have low immunity. They live long unlike Africans.
Moreso, the NCDC statistics of people infected in Nigeria shows it is majorly the age group 30 and 40 years, a youth population with strong immunity.

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Investnow2017: 8:51am On Apr 24, 2020
From the comments of some here it is not difficult to glean that many already have a mindset about Covid-19, and that mindset is not in tandem with reality about this contagion.

There is something that a lot of folks are looking for that is people with Covid-19 falling down and dying on the street everywhere.

Well, well, well.............

Let us pray that our health system does not get overwhelmed. The US has recorded over 1000 persons found dead in their homes. Ecuador has its own record. Doubting Brazil recorded 407 deaths in one day - yesterday alone!

Overwhelming our ill-equipped hospitals is what concerned persons are crying to avoid. If that happens it won't be funny, and may God help that it doesn't get to that. Amen.

We at this stage need divine intervention. Some are already are already calling for the heads if the NCDC, and Taskforce. May God help us. Some might resign on their own before the sledge hammer! Let God intervene, because we are not ready.

2 Likes

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 8:53am On Apr 24, 2020
wink2015:
I am in support of your suggestion that the lockdown should be relaxed.

Let Nigerians resume their daily jobs and businesses while the rest safety measures is still enforced.

LOCKING DOWN NIGERIANS UNDER THE PRETEXT OF CURBING DOWN THE CORONAVIRUS SPREAD IS VIOLATION OF THEIR DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS.

President Buhari failed to seek the approval of the national assembly before locking down Lagos state, Ogun state and the FCT Abuja.

Lets Nigerians have the choice to remain indoor or to go out.

It is so unfortunate that democratically elected governors are promoting military styled dictatorship just because they want to embezzle WHO funds that will subsequently be paid to membership countries.

It is so laughable that government in Nigeria that does not care whether the common man exist are the one claiming to be concerned about our welfare and well-being health wise.

NA WORLD HEALTH MONEY DEY THEIR THROATS.

NO, it is not...

Your right ENDS when/where it infringes on the rights of others...
So while you may wish to risk your life and your family’s, you cannot risk the general population’s.
>

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 8:58am On Apr 24, 2020
56michael:
I think am beginning to smell something fishy here,we be been seen d rise of of covid case day by day,plz were are the hospitalized covid-19 patience, all other countries, patiences are seen and how they are been treated,but here we only hear we can't see ���

Go to IDH Yaba and to the Onikan Isolation Center (Mobolaji Johnson Arena)...
A friend of mine said anyone who really wants to check out the facilities can do the needful - get infected! grin
>

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by africanusvu(m): 9:00am On Apr 24, 2020
AIT1:
I'm starting to have a rethink as regards this Covid19 cases in Nigeria. It is either the government is over- reporting or under-reporting this cases. I'm not convinced they are sincere with the figures, I might be wrong though.

But this is my take:

The Corona Virus in Nigeria is not as Lethal as we were made to believe. The late Abba Kyari came back to Nigeria March 14 and was diagnosed of the disease March 24, he attended several conferences, APC meetings and also led a delegation to the Kogi state Governor to greet him for the demise of his Mother amongst other things he did Within the 10 days.

Now, no single person was infected by the Late COS from the records, and the only record we have of someone infecting another person is Atiku son that infected the Bauchi Governor.

Hence, I believe all this hullabaloo about the spread of the disease here is weak. We've been on lockdown for about 25 days and we have barely tested 10,000 persons. It's obvious the government is not ready to do mass testing and the cases reported kept rising, so of what use is the Lockdown? What's the objectives of the Total Lockdown?

The government just need to devise any other mechanism for curbing this disease; a total lockdown cannot be sustained.

We were told the virus symptoms and it's complications will start showing after 14 days, since we've been at home how many people has fallen ill suddenly or died unexpectedly in each of our areas across the country. All of us sha can never be asymptomatic.

If they want to share the money, they should go and share it, they should leave us to go and continue our hustle. We are not able to sleep at night, vigilante up and down.

My Verdict: The lockdown should be partial, people can move around with facemask and any other thing to protect themselves. Schools, mosques, churches can still hold on. People are broke and hunger is real!
,on point bro
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by FLOW101: 9:01am On Apr 24, 2020
Three of Kyari's staff were infected.

AIT1:

But this is my take:

My Verdict: The lockdown should be partial, people can move around with facemask and any other thing to protect themselves. Schools, mosques, churches can still hold on. People are broke and hunger is real!
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by jesmond3945: 9:04am On Apr 24, 2020
AIT1:

But this is my take:

this is confirmed cases, what of unconfirmed cases like the kano massacre
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Damexlacazette(m): 9:07am On Apr 24, 2020
[b][/b]All dis na fake news jare. Yesterday it was 873 cases now dis morning again 981. How come cryAll dis na fake news jare. Yesterday it was 873 cases now dis morning again 981. How come
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 9:08am On Apr 24, 2020
Chapii:
you are very correct but mind you Atiku's son did not infect Bauchi Governor, he was lying. He travelled outside the country he did not disclose it. How will Atiku's son leave all his household coupled with hundreds of people he met and infect someone that just shook hands with him on a plane. Guy be wise

Because it’s not everyone that an infected person meets or shared space with gets infected...
The Covid-19 virus is not airborne (as evidence shows thus far), but is transmitted through droplets.

Of the 179 contacts made in Ogun and Lagos by the Italian index case...
Only 1 of those contacts got infected (and he never developed symptoms).
>

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 9:12am On Apr 24, 2020
Damexlacazette:
All dis na fake news jare. Yesterday it was 873 cases now dis morning again 981. How come cryAll dis na fake news jare. Yesterday it was 873 cases now dis morning again 981. How come

No, on Wednesday night (11.25 pm) it was 873...
On Thursday night (11.30 pm), it has grown to 981.

On Friday night, new figures will be released...
And this time, along with the number of tests conducted.
>
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2020
Seawhy:
It is regrettable that covid 19 is increasing on daily basis in Nigeria,instead of decreasing. The question that comes to mind is, why increasing instead of decreasing?. The answer is that Nigeria has more carrier of covid 19 cases than is tested. Based on ncdc, about 4000 Nigerians are being tested daily. Now, with this rate, when can we achieve � testing of Nigerians with a population of about 200million people. For Nigeria to achieve this, there's the need to take this to local government areas. At least one general hospital should be equipped to handle covid 19 issue, This will definitely go a long way in reducing the spreed of this pandemic. Another important thing to look at is the treatment being metted on covid 19 patients. Recall that the Anambra index case complained about how he was dumped in one of the hospitals, no food and no treatment. Any case that hears about this,will prefer to even die in his house than to come and suffer in a government hospital. With the assistance from international communities, we can achieve a better health care in this country, Nigeria.

We are NEVER going to test all 200 million (estimated) Nigerians...
NO COUNTRY plans to (even if they have the capacity) to test all of their citizens.

The numbers are increasing because the tests are increasing...
What’s crucial is not necessarily the raw numbers but the RATE of infection.
>

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 9:23am On Apr 24, 2020
mrkings84:
I PRAY LET THIS NIGERIA VERSION OF THIS VIRUSVJUST END LIKE THIS. ONLY AUDIO FIGURES WITHOUT HAVING TO KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS CONTACTED THE VIRUS PHYSICALLY.

CAUSE SHOULD THE REAL VIRUS ENTER NIGERIA, NCDC WONT BE ABLE TO KEEP THE FIGURES ANYMORE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWwnSQCvxJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWE66XM-Fdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpjRmEGxBk4
>

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 24, 2020
ThierryJay:
I pity all those insinuating that COVID 19 is a scam in Nigeria because people you know are not dying yet. Don't worry e go soon clear for una eyes.

With the way people have not been taking precautions here in Nigeria, it's a no brainer that it's going to spread widely. Whatever NCDC stands to gain financially does not stop people from infecting one another.

If it's real in Ghana, in South Africa, in Egypt, in Burkina Faso, why wouldn't it be real in Nigeria? Are all of these countries scammers too? Including their European counterparts?

The billions of grant being claimed to be received by NCDC and embezzled, Nigeria has lost several multiples of that amount in revenue from unproductivity due to lockdown. So will you, as a rational perso,n shut down your personal business that gives you N10million a month, in order to receive a 500thousand Naira handout from good Samaritans? I'm struggling to understand the level of gross stupidity at play here

Bravo... Thank you very much. Sensible people still exist.

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by BlueMurder(m): 9:45am On Apr 24, 2020
9jaRealist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWwnSQCvxJk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWE66XM-Fdg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpjRmEGxBk4
>

Nice job, man! You're doing a helluva job trying to educate obdurate folks. Ignorance can be dealt with, but when you add stupidity to the mix, a nightmare scenario unfolds.

1 Like

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by seanjy4konji: 9:46am On Apr 24, 2020
Egungun be careful..na express u deh go
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by largeman4u(m): 9:49am On Apr 24, 2020
Am sure we all know testing was suspended in Kano.

Please let us all stay safe.

GOVERNMENT should please send food to the extremely poor people.

God almighty will heal the world.

Buy Tokunbo and naija used Cars @ www.largemanmotors..com
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Auxilliarytony(m): 10:00am On Apr 24, 2020
Everything about Nigeria is #audio. Why can't we be straight for once. Imagine they are still recording 2 cases for Enugu and 1 for Anambra whereas the government of these states have discharged them and currently there is no confirmed case in these states. NIGERIA WHY?
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 10:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Dreyton36:
When Abba kyari died everybody see am ooo
Now what about those 31 y'all claimed that are dead ,why can't we see them too ?

Abba Kyari was a public figure...
And so was Achimugu (the ex-PPMC MD).

Every death is registered and death certificate issued...
But the etiquette is to maintain the privacy of private individuals.
>
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by kevotek1000(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2020
They keep giving us figures... While are the western world is giving us insights and even the happenings in hospitals. In Nigeria no documentary or whatsoever of Coronavirus patients or the testing process except for the nocturnal figures they always make us believe. It's a crazy country down here, been on lock down with no support or palliatives for it's citizens.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 10:09am On Apr 24, 2020
Auxilliarytony:
Everything about Nigeria is #audio. Why can't we be straight for once. Imagine they are still recording 2 cases for Enugu and 1 for Anambra whereas the government of these states have discharged them and currently there is no confirmed case in these states. NIGERIA WHY?

Discharged cases are still included in positive cases...
They will however not be counted among “active” cases.
>
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by aimmoney9: 10:14am On Apr 24, 2020
weyreypey:
E be like say some people are desperate to die in that Lagos State.... Especially those shouting hunger virus ... Suspend lockdown...

Real Lagosians... Don't agree o. Some people wan jakpaa go them home States ni...

Meanwhile Kano State is still rigging their own results...
THIS LOCKDOWN WILL LAST FOR TWO MONTHS AS SEEN IN BUHARI MARCH 29 ADDRESS WERE HE SAID IDP CAMPS WILL RECEIVE TWO MONTHS WORTH OF FOOD.
SIMPLE LOGIC WHY WOULD HE BE GINING THEM 2 MONTHS WORTH OF FOOD WHEN HE WAS DECLARING 2 WEEKS LOCKDOWN (WHY NOT GIVE THEM 2 WEEKS WORTH OF FOOD). I ALREADY KNEW SINCE THEN.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF GOVT IS TO HIDE THEIR MAIN OBJECTIVE.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by aimmoney9: 10:15am On Apr 24, 2020
THIS LOCKDOWN WILL LAST FOR TWO MONTHS AS SEEN IN BUHARI MARCH 29 ADDRESS WERE HE SAID IDP CAMPS WILL RECEIVE TWO MONTHS WORTH OF FOOD.
SIMPLE LOGIC WHY WOULD HE BE GINING THEM 2 MONTHS WORTH OF FOOD WHEN HE WAS DECLARING 2 WEEKS LOCKDOWN (WHY NOT GIVE THEM 2 WEEKS WORTH OF FOOD). I ALREADY KNEW SINCE THEN.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVE OF GOVT IS TO HIDE THEIR MAIN OBJECTIVE.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 10:16am On Apr 24, 2020
kevotek1000:
They keep giving us figures... While are the western world is giving us insights and even the happenings in hospitals. In Nigeria no documentary or whatsoever of Coronavirus patients or the testing process except for the nocturnal figures they always make us believe. It's a crazy country down here, been on lock down with no support or palliatives for it's citizens.

Why do you people have such a ghoulish obsession with seeing dying people?
Anyway, doubtful that anyone will let you or the press into an ICU in Nigeria (thankfully so).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J0VIn76A78

>
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by shekhaz(f): 10:20am On Apr 24, 2020
:-
AIT1:

But this is my take:

Thank you for this comment
My problem now is that we are not being told the area where these figures are coming from.
The government is modelling advanced countries who are taking good care of their citizens. Let's just return to work and take precautionary measures. This is pure wickedness now. They do not have to think of their daily bread and security challenges.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:22am On Apr 24, 2020
At this point what happens to our dreams and aspirations cos trying to survive is just what it is now. chaos and anarchy world ending crumbling Na movie I Dey watch this thing is life real again like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Female Medical Doctor Dies In Warri After Her Return From Ukraine. Photos / Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming / Coronavirus: Face Masks, Hand Sanitizers Sold Out In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.