Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths (66967 Views)

195 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1532, 225 Discharged, 44 Deaths / 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths / 35 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 442, 152 Discharged,13 deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 10:25am On Apr 24, 2020
ThierryJay:
I pity all those insinuating that COVID 19 is a scam in Nigeria because people you know are not dying yet. Don't worry e go soon clear for una eyes.

With the way people have not been taking precautions here in Nigeria, it's a no brainer that it's going to spread widely. Whatever NCDC stands to gain financially does not stop people from infecting one another.

If it's real in Ghana, in South Africa, in Egypt, in Burkina Faso, why wouldn't it be real in Nigeria? Are all of these countries scammers too? Including their European counterparts?

The billions of grant being claimed to be received by NCDC and embezzled, Nigeria has lost several multiples of that amount in revenue from unproductivity due to lockdown. So will you, as a rational perso,n shut down your personal business that gives you N10million a month, in order to receive a 500thousand Naira handout from good Samaritans? I'm struggling to understand the level of gross stupidity at play here

Health is wealth apparently has no meaning in Nigeria... embarassed

>
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by ghettochild(m): 10:25am On Apr 24, 2020
AIT1:
I'm starting to have a rethink as regards this Covid19 cases in Nigeria. It is either the government is over- reporting or under-reporting this cases. I'm not convinced they are sincere with the figures, I might be wrong though.

But this is my take:

The Corona Virus in Nigeria is not as Lethal as we were made to believe. The late Abba Kyari came back to Nigeria March 14 and was diagnosed of the disease March 24, he attended several conferences, APC meetings and also led a delegation to the Kogi state Governor to greet him for the demise of his Mother amongst other things he did Within the 10 days.

Now, no single person was infected by the Late COS from the records, and the only record we have of someone infecting another person is Atiku son that infected the Bauchi Governor.

Hence, I believe all this hullabaloo about the spread of the disease here is weak. We've been on lockdown for about 25 days and we have barely tested 10,000 persons. It's obvious the government is not ready to do mass testing and the cases reported kept rising, so of what use is the Lockdown? What's the objectives of the Total Lockdown?

The government just need to devise any other mechanism for curbing this disease; a total lockdown cannot be sustained.

We were told the virus symptoms and it's complications will start showing after 14 days, since we've been at home how many people has fallen ill suddenly or died unexpectedly in each of our areas across the country. All of us sha can never be asymptomatic.

If they want to share the money, they should go and share it, they should leave us to go and continue our hustle. We are not able to sleep at night, vigilante up and down.

My Verdict: The lockdown should be partial, people can move around with facemask and any other thing to protect themselves. Schools, mosques, churches can still hold on. People are broke and hunger is real!
Who the Bleep is this slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Onucs(m): 10:26am On Apr 24, 2020
Finally, Naija can now keep record of dead citizens
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2020
quentin06:
This is a classic case of figure scaring.
If people are treated and discharged it either means:

1. The disease is curable

or

2. People were wrongly diagnosed as having the disease.

3. They re just trumping up figures to scare people.

There’s NO cure for Covid-19...
The doctors simply manage your symptoms until your immune system builds up the antibodies to rid you of the virus.

If your immune system is weak or fails to build up such antibodies for whatever reason, well then.... cry
>
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 24, 2020
9jaRealist:

There’s NO cure for Covid-19...
The doctors simply manage your symptoms until your immune system builds up the antibodies to rid you of the virus.

If your immune system is weak or fails to build up such antibodies for whatever reason, well then.... cry
>

so how do explain those who tested positive, were quarantined and subsequently discharged?

don't you read the stats?

why the clamp down on hospitals treating convid patients? abi are they afraid of a cure?

your argument is baseless.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 11:11am On Apr 24, 2020
quentin06:
so how do explain those who tested positive, were quarantined and subsequently discharged?

don't you read the stats?

why the clamp down on hospitals treating convid patients? abi are they afraid of a cure?

your argument is baseless.

You didn’t understand what I just wrote? shocked
Their specific symptoms are managed until their immune systems develop antibodies that rid their bodies of the virus.

Meanwhile, they are “clamping down” on hospitals without proper isolation facilities...
Because such hospitals are putting other patients at risk, as well as their workers and by extension the workers’ families and the general public.
>
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by rotadeco27: 11:34am On Apr 24, 2020
RX480:
2000 cases by next week Friday
Habba!
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by tgirlblaze(f): 11:55am On Apr 24, 2020
I truly understand what underlying health issues is...and my knowledge of covid 19 is DT older adult are more vulnerable due to their weaken immune system...and for Seyi makinde and el rufia, re-read dat line again to comprehend well

Do actually understand what is meant by “underlying health issues”?
Cancer and diabetes (like ex-PPMC MD Achimugu), heart disease, kidney or liver issues, etc.

These are conditions that can kill you of themselves...
Meanwhile, what’s the difference in “class” between EI-Rufai, Makinde and Abba Kyari?

The reality is although Nigeria now has 31 fatalities...
The overwhelming majority (over 90%) of positive cases would recover - rich, poor or middle class!
>[/quote]
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Horlhamhi(f): 11:56am On Apr 24, 2020
Good to be back here...
The rate at which this COVID-19 cases is increasing is alarming, hnmmm...we can't help buh adhere to NCDC directives for our health and safety.

#stayhome
#staysafe
#stayhealthy
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by DedeNkem: 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
Not less than 10,000 may die.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Investnow2017: 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
COVID-19: Kano embarks on aggressive contact tracing of 259

thenationonlineng.net Apr 24, 2020 10:01 AM
Kano may relax lockdown for Ramadan shopping
The Kano state Coordinator of the COVID-19 Taskforce, Dr Tijjani Hussain on Friday in Kano, said that the state government has embarked on aggressive contact tracing of over 259 out of the listed 300 contact persons in the state.

Dr Hussain made this Known in an update chat with The Nation.

According to him, “One of the hallmarks of this response is contact tracing. At the moment, we have listed over 300 contacts person and we are following up on 259 of these contacts.

“These contacts, we follow them either through phone or visit them physically in their houses to ensure that we have not left any stone unturned.

Dr Hussaini explained that “over these 13 days since we recorded the first index case, we are able to have 320 suspected cases out of which 73 laboratory-confirmed.

“Similarly, two of these 73 confirmed cases are health workers. Since the beginning of this outbreak, we were able to monitor 53 cases of passengers of interest (those people who came from high-risk areas outside of Nigeria and states faced with high challenges of COVID-19).

“We have also admitted 63 out of the 73 cases and the remaining will be evacuated to the isolation centres.

“As we have learnt, while we have momentary setback last week because our co-chair was diagnosed with COVID-19, but the state government quickly put up another structure to ensure that the coordination mechanism does not break down.

“We have reconstituted and we are much stronger now. So kano people should be confident that this outbreak would be brought under control as soon as possible.

“We are also going to rapidly set up rapid response teams that will go and do investigation, take samples and ensure that these samples are delivered in our laboratories.

“We are in the process of increasing the number of rapid response team from 30 to 40.

“Our testing centres do not run out of commodities”.

He called on the people to cooperate with the state government in her efforts to tame the COVID 19 disease.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by preshy223(f): 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
God help us..... Amen
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Mryacks: 12:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
post=88784966:
Oh!! my Plateau Don answer.

It's like they have still not given Kano new test kits o, as for Lagos, let's just prepare to resume work in 2021.

Happy holidays.

That is ehnn, been quietly praying that Plateau will just cruise under the radar quietly..
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by seunfly: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2020
9jaRealist:

That’s why I often say that Nigerians are the WORST thing to happen to Nigeria...smh
>

It is not the fault of those people but NCDC, They refused to answer calls and they only took people who had contacts with Atiku pikin for testing in kubwa. For more than 3 weeks NCDC has been claiming they want to setup testing centre Kubwa and other satalite site town in FCT, but nothinh yet.

What do u want people to do, sit down and not treat themselve?
Since the drug is on the internet, people just but the antiviral drugs and treat their self with local immune booster to aviod story that touch.

To be honest i believe the affected poeple are far more than what is been tested and to read educated people's comment disputing the reality is very sad.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by kevotek1000(m): 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
9jaRealist:

Why do you people have such a ghoulish obsession with seeing dying people?
Anyway, doubtful that anyone will let you or the press into an ICU in Nigeria (thankfully so).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J0VIn76A78

>

Thanks for the video... Next time try to read well and understand before you quote someone Nairaland.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Akanoaaa(m): 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2020
tinsel:

Are you sure they are not deliberately delaying testing in Kano to avoid panic.

Am not sure but if they do, that means the virus will wipe the whole kano but not only kano, it will affect the whole country. They better start the test so people can be aware.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Akanoaaa(m): 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
uchrikk:

The Minister of Health yesterday said Kano has been given enough test kits, but there is another problem. Some people who work at the test center contracted COVID19 and they needed to decontaminate the place.

Double wahala for the dead body.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Avalancheman: 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
Gilbertase:
that is not how it is. First it is 2months. Second, in the west the cause of mortalities more than anything is not getting timely care/treatment, due to the deluge of cases presenting at the hospital vs beds/resources available to treat. The caise of mortality is the over-burdening of the health system. And we are fast approaching that sadly. I personally will start getting worried when we have 1500 active cases ie. Cases - discharged - dead.

Cos I KNOW the whole of naija cannot handle 1/3 of that number if they by any chance present with serious life threatening symptoms. The excess will be left in God's hands, just as it is happening in the west. It's really just a game of numbers and ours is already going up. 31 deaths already from a system that isnt even swamped yet should call for concern

It 's 3 months because the Coronavirus has most likely been in the country since January. Remember someone who returned from India in January passed on recently.

Also, God has been so good to us, otherwise, there is nothing we are doing now or that we could have done that could have stopped us from recording daily deaths in thousands if the virus were able to hit us hard like the US, UK and co. Absolutely nothing! angry
The US, Spain, Italy, UK and co took severe measures early in the day still went ahead to record daily deaths in hundreds/thousands.

That we only have 31 deaths (mostly returnees and those with serious underlying health conditions) shows that Coronavirus is NOT for Africa at all.

We are just crying wolf where there is none! angry
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by Legendguru: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
really
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by newisd75: 2:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
borno at d heart of d boko haram crises is gaining momenum in d coronavirus league table, d will soon b below kano who have rigged their result
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by bluemansion: 3:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

If the head is bad.. What can the body do?... If the government had shut down the airport early instead of waiting for buhari and atiku children to come back.. We won't be here?.. If they had tested people with so much vigour like they are doing for three days now.. We would have know what to do?. So you expect people to be at home.. No light, no security, no palliatives... Which sane citizen will do that?.. Thank God for your life that you can feed yourself and family.. Las las we go dey alright

Lol @ feeding yourself and family. Me that is begging to survive this period because the lockdown has so affected me? My point was, some people are still making irrelevant movements instead of staying in their houses.
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by babyfaceafrica: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
bluemansion:

Lol @ feeding yourself and family. Me that is begging to survive this period because the lockdown has so affected me? My point was, some people are still making irrelevant movements instead of staying in their houses.

We are too communal.. Staying at home is not an option to most people
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by AnonChick: 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
This is the best time for people to get health insurance because the truth if you feel sick you can consult a doctor from your house by calling the doctor.

I got health insurance for as low as N3,500 from this link https://www.reliancehmo.com/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=reliancehmotext+&utm_campaign=healthinsurance
Re: 108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths by 9jaRealist: 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
kevotek1000:
Thanks for the video... Next time try to read well and understand before you quote someone Nairaland.

Thanks for the thanks...
Next time try to write well and understand what you actually wrote. undecided
>

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"FMC Owerri Doctors Refused To Treat Madonna University Student Shot Last Night" / Female Medical Doctor Dies In Warri After Her Return From Ukraine. Photos / Pregnant Abuja Lady Dies Weeks After Her Baby Shower (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.