Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? (1476 Views)

Python Or Php Which One Should I Learn First / Jave Script Or PHP / Javascript Or PHP, Which One Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Barney001: 7:50am On Apr 24, 2020
Hi guys,
So I just started learning python ,although I learnt php in the past. But I would like to know which one is better for web development .
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Kingpinukecy(m): 8:17am On Apr 24, 2020
Barney001:
Hi guys,
So I just started learning python ,although I learnt php in the past. But I would like to know which one is better for web development .

Although,I don't really know about python but I know its power scripting language.
But I have been using php for a very long time now.its easy to understand and use to me.

But nevertheless, try python because its very power
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Barney001: 8:38am On Apr 24, 2020
Kingpinukecy:

Although,I don't really know about python but I know its power script language.
But I have been using php for a very long time now.its easy to understand and use to me.

But nevertheless, try php because its very power
Wow and I was thinking that python django was better. Thanks tho
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Kingpinukecy(m): 9:37am On Apr 24, 2020
Barney001:

Wow and I was thinking that python django was better. Thanks tho

Yeah, re-read what I wrote.I said I prefer u should use python because its more powerful to u.
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Taofeekdboy(m): 10:26am On Apr 24, 2020
Tho, I have never used php but I am in love with python, anyday anytime because of its versatility and robustness.

Django is very easy to setup when building web apps and it is also fast, also its usefulness is not limited to the use of frontend tech such as Vue.js, React and Angular as I have worked on Django with React, vanilla JS, and JQuery.

It depends on you but I will advise you go for Django for its power and speed in building functional websites.
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by kensmoney(m): 10:37am On Apr 24, 2020
it depends on what u want, if u want a job in Nigeria or u want to freelance with ur programming skills, then go for php, but if u want long time investment, skills that will not fade out soon and u also want to be versatile then I will advice to choose python.
Python and JavaScript's will not fade out in next 10yrs

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by clarknull(m): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
They are both good.
Facebook uses Php, Instagram uses python.

Choose the one you're most comfortable with.

I'd choose python tho, cos of it's simplicity and also, your can use python for other awesome projects e.g Machine learning, normal scripting .......
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Ayemileto(m): 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
kensmoney:
it depends on what u want, if u want a job in Nigeria or u want to freelance with ur programming skills, then go for php, but if u want long time investment, skills that will not fade out soon and u also want to be versatile then I will advice to choose python.

Will PHP fade out in the next 10years?
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Barney001: 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
Taofeekdboy:
Tho, I have never used php but I am in love with python, anyday anytime because of its versatility and robustness.

Django is very easy to setup when building web apps and it is also fast, also its usefulness is not limited to the use of frontend tech such as Vue.js, React and Angular as I have worked on Django with React, vanilla JS, and JQuery.

It depends on you but I will advise you go for Django for its power and speed in building functional websites.
Wow...thanks for the info
You seem to know a lot about python
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Barney001: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
kensmoney:
Uhh...does that mean python is not really in demand in Nigeria?
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Barney001: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
clarknull:
They are both good.
Facebook uses Php, Instagram uses python.

Choose the one you're most comfortable with.

I'd choose python tho, cos of it's simplicity and also, your can use python for other awesome projects e.g Machine learning, normal scripting .......
Thanks...
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by kensmoney(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=Ayemileto post=88816064]

Will PHP fade out in the next 10years?

Most likely,
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by kensmoney(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=Barney001 post=88818099]
Uhh...does that mean python is not really in demand in Nigeria?

Not really, because 70% of web app is powered by php
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Ayemileto(m): 10:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=kensmoney post=88818787][/quote]

Well, I don't think so sha.

But like your previous comment, it depends on what OP wants to do with it.

If he intends to get jobs or projects, then PHP is the best bet for him.

He can start with PHP and move to Python later.
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Taofeekdboy(m): 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Barney001:

Wow...thanks for the info
You seem to know a lot about python
I am a self taught developer who started with python and ever since then I have been working on a lot of its framework, its syntax is straightforward and it's basic is simple to understand as well. You can give it a try and you won't regret you did.
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by LSarcastic: 2:19am On Apr 25, 2020
First of all, you shouldn't compare Django and PHP. One is a Python-based framework while the other is a language. Comparing them is like comparing apples and baskets. So I'll assume you mean, Django VS a PHP based framework(let's use laravel).
Secondly, I'm a Python guy and I would say that no one is better than the other. They both have their pitfalls and strengths. Django has a steep learning curve while laravel is easier to grasp since you could already build your website with plain PHP.

- In terms of speed, Django takes the lead(In real life, language does not determine speed, the architecture of your code does)
- In terms of speed in getting your web app up and running, Django takes the lead
- In terms of Job opportunities in Nigeria for the web, PHP takes the lead
- In terms of startups, Django takes the lead
- In terms of community support in Nigeria, PHP takes the lead(This is very important)
- In terms of cost to set up, PHP is cheaper. I hosted my Django web app https://www.bonychicken.com with roughly 25,000 naira when using PHP would cost me a little over 7,000. I just needed Python's ML capabilities.
- In terms of future relevance, Django would do. Python is really gaining ground fast in Nigeria.
- In terms of versatility, Django is better, Python is general purpose so...

So, I'd say it depends on:
- What you want to build. If you're building something that will require Machine learning and dealing with data, use Django.
- If you just want a web developer job, learn PHP
- If you want to be popular, learn Django
- If you're bored, learn Django

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Barney001: 8:33am On Apr 25, 2020
LSarcastic:
First of all, you shouldn't compare Django and PHP. One is a Python-based framework while the other is a language. Comparing them is like comparing apples and baskets. So I'll assume you mean, Django VS a PHP based framework(let's use laravel).
Secondly, I'm a Python guy and I would say that no one is better than the other. They both have their pitfalls and strengths. Django has a steep learning curve while laravel is easier to grasp since you could already build your website with plain PHP.

- In terms of speed, Django takes the lead(In real life, language does not determine speed, the architecture of your code does)
- In terms of speed in getting your web app up and running, Django takes the lead
- In terms of Job opportunities in Nigeria for the web, PHP takes the lead
- In terms of startups, Django takes the lead
- In terms of community support in Nigeria, PHP takes the lead(This is very important)
- In terms of cost to set up, PHP is cheaper. I hosted my Django web app https://www.bonychicken.com with roughly 25,000 naira when using PHP would cost me a little over 7,000. I just needed Python's ML capabilities.
- In terms of future relevance, Django would do. Python is really gaining ground fast in Nigeria.
- In terms of versatility, Django is better, Python is general purpose so...

So, I'd say it depends on:
- What you want to build. If you're building something that will require Machine learning and dealing with data, use Django.
- If you just want a web developer job, learn PHP
- If you want to be popular, learn Django
- If you're bored, learn Django
Okay...yeah I saw my mistake ...its laravel and django I was supposed to compare...

Guess I'll continue with python then....

You said you were a python guy...Hope you don't mind me asking...if you work as a freelancer or for an IT company in nigeria?

Damn...I just checked your website and I must say you're good...like really good...
If that was all django then ...I'm all for it

2 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Barney001: 8:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Taofeekdboy:

I am a self taught developer who started with python and ever since then I have been working on a lot of its framework, its syntax is straightforward and it's basic is simple to understand as well. You can give it a try and you won't regret you did.
Thanks man
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Collinsanele: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2020
Barney001:
Hi guys,

I don't know much about php(Laravel) because I am a Python programmer.

I would say learn Django, it has a steep learning curve though but once you get the hang of it, you would keep loving it.

Another Python web framework is Flask, it's a micro framework that's easier to learn.
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by LSarcastic: 3:19am On Apr 26, 2020
Barney001:

Okay...yeah I saw my mistake ...its laravel and django I was supposed to compare...

Guess I'll continue with python then....

You said you were a python guy...Hope you don't mind me asking...if you work as a freelancer or for an IT company in nigeria?

Damn...I just checked your website and I must say you're good...like really good...
If that was all django then ...I'm all for it

Thanks for the compliment. Actually, I'm more of a student, still on the search for places I could test my skills. And yes, the website is pure Django for backend. smiley
Re: Which One Is Better: Python Django Or Php? by Millz404(m): 10:12am On Apr 26, 2020
I don't know what you people are saying up there. Laravel has a steeper learning curve compared to django

(1) (Reply)

You’re Not Too Tired To Create. You’re Too Distracted. / Travel Technology Companies In India / Blender Game Engine Or Kivy Game Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.