Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:26 AM

Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP (2671 Views)

Data Shows That Peter Obi Outperformed Both Tinubu And Fashola As Governor / Data Shows Peter Obi Outperformed Tinubu & Fashola As Governors / Buhari Drops Ambode, Re-appoints Fashola As Minister Representing Lago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by mrvitalis(m): 6:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
LarryBee1k:

I wasn't talking about soludo. You can't just rubbish fashola. You said he won't make top 5 governor of his time. How ridiculous. undecided
Which of the governor I mentioned was he better than ? Name one

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by mrvitalis(m): 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ajibel:

You're such a big clown grin

Even governors during Fashola's set have praised Fashola's performance while the governor. His performance in Lagos is currently a yardstick of governance in Nigeria. If Fashola was from your tribe, you wont vomit that shit you spewed up there. You're just envious of him that he is not from your tribe grin
U Mean your Yoruba media hype ...fine name one sector fashola beat the list of governor I mentioned their ... education , health ... infrastructure ..name one

2 Likes

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by mrvitalis(m): 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
ashacot:

As much as I m want us to have the president position from south east, saying that fashola is overated is blasphemy.

Fashola is by far the best governor in Nigeria from 2007-2015
Are you high ...we have done this analysis here ameachi and akpabio dusted him in every sector

2 Likes

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by LarryBee1k: 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
Sorry
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by mrvitalis(m): 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
LarryBee1k:

Mention five Governors that were better than him?
Firstly ameachi and akpabio was levels ahead of him

Relative to revenue received ...Peter obi , chime and kwankwaso were better than fashola
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Okoroawusa: 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
Under which party?
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Ajibel(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
mrvitalis:

U Mean your Yoruba media hype ...fine name one sector fashola beat the list of governor I mentioned their ... education , health ... infrastructure ..name one

Fashola beats all of them hands down, and he scored so many first during his administration. His government pioneered so many reforms in the country and the records are well documented online.

Several threads have also been created in the past here in the politics section about the programmes and projects his government executed, so I won't spam this thread with information you can freely get online.

Please hype your own Akpabio, Obi did well, but don't demean Fashola's 8 years in office as a governor in the process. You can mention the fact that he struggled while a minister in the first four years which I will agree with you wholeheartedly but don't come and attempt to rubbish his stellar performance as governor of Lagos 2007 - 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by LarryBee1k: 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
Sorry
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Sctests: 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
rebranded:
Nigeria has so many brilliant people that can move the country and continent forward.

It is unbelievable the way we always adopt a reactive approach rather than a proactive view.

What do you think Fashola as President and Soludo as VP can bring us.

Objective opinions please.

Fashola is a lawyer with little professional knowledge about Economics. Soludo is a seasoned economist with International links and had governed the National treasury.

Soludo should be President, with Fashola his vice even though we all know it is almost impossible to have such condition in present geographical expression, except the Fulani and hausa decide to join their kins in Niger and Chad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by surgical: 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ajibel:

Fashola is not overrated. He is a brilliant administrator per excellence and his records in Lagos will always speak for him.

And he lacks compassion? Maybe you were too young or you weren't following Lagos politics during his administration.
it is you that was spoon-fed by the media,that did not get his fact right
All the Lagos thing you are talking about is what it is media hype
People now know the difference,no amount of spinning can improve anything

2 Likes

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Sctests: 7:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
LarryBee1k:

Nonsense

He said the truth and you know it. grin

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by mrvitalis(m): 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ajibel:

Fashola beats all of them hands down, and he scored so many first during his administration. His government pioneered so many reforms in the country and the records are well documented online.

Several threads have also been created in the past here in the politics section about the programmes and projects his government executed, so I won't spam this thread with information you can freely get online.

Please hype your own Akpabio, Obi did well, but don't demean Fashola's 8 years in office as a governor in the process. You can mention the fact that he struggled while a minister in the first four years which I will agree with you wholeheartedly but don't come and attempt to rubbish his stellar performance as governor of Lagos 2007 - 2015.
Lol most of you don't travel ....

2 Likes

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Sctests: 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ajibel:

Fashola is not overrated. He is a brilliant administrator per excellence and his records in Lagos will always speak for him.

And he lacks compassion? Maybe you were too young or you weren't following Lagos politics during his administration.

Fashola failed woefully at the Power and Works ministry after beating his chest that 24 hour power supply is not rocket science. It seems Buhari put him in that power ministry to embarass and demystify his much touted credentials as a 'wonder worker'. grin

3 Likes

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Ajibel(m): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
surgical:
it is you that was spoon-fed by the media,that did not get his fact right
All the Lagos thing you are talking about is what it is media hype
People now know the difference,no amount of spinning can improve anything

You call it media hype because you likely didn't reside or visit Lagos between 1999 - 2015

If you know where Lagos was coming from, then you'll respect the views of the 60% Lagos majority who will till endtime appreciate Fashola's efforts in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Ajibel(m): 7:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
mrvitalis:

Lol most of you don't travel ....

Oshey Ajala the traveller... As if na you don travel pass for Nigeria.

Whatever you try to spin on this thread, don't rubbish Fashola's performance in Lagos.

Peace!

2 Likes

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by surgical: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ajibel:

You call it media hype because you likely didn't reside or visit Lagos between 1999 - 2015

If you know where Lagos was coming from, then you'll respect the views of the 60% Lagos majority who will till endtime appreciate Fashola's efforts in Lagos.
it is still the same you people hyping your product
Many lagosian don't appreciate Mr I don't sign checks,except few people like you who are his party members or hangers on
If you want to talk of Lagos Governor who really performed you talk of baba kekere, later jakande,fashola can't match his record, the records are there
Is it the ballooning debt,or sun born yatch,or the light rail line,or the cable rail that were all fraud , you want to credit as fashola achievements?

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by mrvitalis(m): 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ajibel:

Oshey Ajala the traveller... As if na you don travel pass for Nigeria.

Whatever you try to spin on this thread, don't rubbish Fashola's performance in Lagos.

Peace!
Name one project fashola did that can match akpabio stadium or even airport

Or ameachi sports complex or over 200 model schools or model health centers
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Deputy1111(m): 7:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
grin
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Ayekotoo(m): 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
Lagos may soon overtake Johannesburg as Africa’s business hub under Gov. Fashola

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/103295-lagos-among-25-most-innovative-cities-in-the-world.html
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Ayekotoo(m): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
Lagos' Transformation Into a Mega-City: A Visionary Governor?

Within a short time garbage dumps were turned into gardens. One example is the ubiquitous traffic gridlock of places like Oshodi; this area was transformed by demolishing illegal structures and evicting squatters. Thus Eko Oni Baje, 'Lagos must not spoil' in Yoruba, became the mantra on the lips of every man, woman and child. And the world took notice too, global brands and luxury franchises from Porsche, to Radison Blu and Ermenegildo Zegna all came flocking.

https://www.smartcitiesdive.com/ex/sustainablecitiescollective/lagos-transformation-mega-city-visionary-governor/246301/
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Ayekotoo(m): 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2020
mrvitalis:

Name one project fashola did that can match akpabio stadium or even airport

Or ameachi sports complex or over 200 model schools or model health centers

1. Development Of Sporting Facilities:

I may not say much here, because the works speaks for him. Just take a visit to ‘Campus Square’ Lagos Island or ‘Rowe Park’ Yaba, then you would understand my enthusiasm. Fashola has brought sports back to Lagos State. He has renovated Onikan Stadium, Agege Stadium and some touch of the former National Stadium Lagos. The finishing touch he gave to Teslim Balogun Stadium is world class. Just take a ride around Lagos and see what Fashola has done. Every sports have its place in Lagos State.

2. Hosting 18th National Sports Festival:
Eko 2012 has upped the standard once again, after Garden city 2011 performed wonders in terms of hosting. The orgnization of the 18th National Sports Festival in Lagos State was typical of what it was meant to be – ‘Mini Olympics.’ The opening and closing ceremony clearly showed that Lagos State is come of age and capable of handling international events such as CommonWealth Games and Olympic Games. Eashola has set a pace for his successors.

3. Adopting A Talent Program:
You cannot beat this one! Fashola’s government/Private partnership initiative, where private individuals and corporate bodies are encourage to adopt a talent and nurture them until the athletes are capable of competing at the highest level, is already taken off. Most talents discovered during National Sports Festival are going to be first receipiant of the program.

4. Pacesetting Sports Business in Nigeria:
Early this year, Fashola entered a 5 years Memoradum of Understanding (MOU) between Lagos State and one of the world top most sports business organization, Soccerex. Soccerex is to help open up the business of football in Nigeria. The first conference held in September, saw legends of West Africa soccer gather together in Lagos. The conference was an eye opener to most sports manager that attended.

5. World Sports Star Exhibitions:
Fashola championed the initiative of getting world top sports stars to visit Lagos State, and engage with people. This program serve as inspiration to the young and intending Athletes. This year, with some corporate sponsorship, Lagos State hosted the Willam sisters. Serena and Venus Willam, the world foremost female Tennis stars,played some exhibition games with younger and upcoming tennis players. It was a great encouragement and a dream come through for those children that participated.

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by mrvitalis(m): 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ayekotoo:

1. Development Of Sporting Facilities:

I may not say much here, because the works speaks for him. Just take a visit to ‘Campus Square’ Lagos Island or ‘Rowe Park’ Yaba, then you would understand my enthusiasm. Fashola has brought sports back to Lagos State. He has renovated Onikan Stadium, Agege Stadium and some touch of the former National Stadium Lagos. The finishing touch he gave to Teslim Balogun Stadium is world class. Just take a ride around Lagos and see what Fashola has done. Every sports have its place in Lagos State.

2. Hosting 18th National Sports Festival:
Eko 2012 has upped the standard once again, after Garden city 2011 performed wonders in terms of hosting. The orgnization of the 18th National Sports Festival in Lagos State was typical of what it was meant to be – ‘Mini Olympics.’ The opening and closing ceremony clearly showed that Lagos State is come of age and capable of handling international events such as CommonWealth Games and Olympic Games. Eashola has set a pace for his successors.

3. Adopting A Talent Program:
You cannot beat this one! Fashola’s government/Private partnership initiative, where private individuals and corporate bodies are encourage to adopt a talent and nurture them until the athletes are capable of competing at the highest level, is already taken off. Most talents discovered during National Sports Festival are going to be first receipiant of the program.

4. Pacesetting Sports Business in Nigeria:
Early this year, Fashola entered a 5 years Memoradum of Understanding (MOU) between Lagos State and one of the world top most sports business organization, Soccerex. Soccerex is to help open up the business of football in Nigeria. The first conference held in September, saw legends of West Africa soccer gather together in Lagos. The conference was an eye opener to most sports manager that attended.

5. World Sports Star Exhibitions:
Fashola championed the initiative of getting world top sports stars to visit Lagos State, and engage with people. This program serve as inspiration to the young and intending Athletes. This year, with some corporate sponsorship, Lagos State hosted the Willam sisters. Serena and Venus Willam, the world foremost female Tennis stars,played some exhibition games with younger and upcoming tennis players. It was a great encouragement and a dream come through for those children that participated.
Are you for real ? ..... LMAO common on have u seen ameachi sports complex or akpabio stadium ?

Delta has been hosting sports festival and their governor is still failed

Alll the stadium in Lagos combined no reach ameachi fooball stadium inside the sports complex not to talk about akpabio stadiums that's the best in Nigeria by miles
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Malawian(m): 8:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
In what way is Fashola better than Soludo? Soludo's achievements at CBN is still there for all to see. Common electricity, Minister of darkness begin talk say "even sango the god of thunder cannot produce one watt of electricity"
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Malawian(m): 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Fashola thinks government is spending the money PDP made for them at the centre. I recall it was Soludo's strides at the centre that made Fashola look good in the state. Fashola was given super minister and he fluffed his lines spectacularly.
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by stonemasonn: 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
mrvitalis:

Are you for real ? ..... LMAO common on have u seen ameachi sports complex or akpabio stadium ?

Delta has been hosting sports festival and their governor is still failed

Alll the stadium in Lagos combined no reach ameachi fooball stadium inside the sports complex not to talk about akpabio stadiums that's the best in Nigeria by miles
My Guy you cannot Compare Ameachi and Akpabio with Fashola, Fashola beat them by far. But Fashola underperformed as power minister.

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by leosahm(m): 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
ican2020:
What is he coming to do

to rent ur fada's huz......
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by mrvitalis(m): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
stonemasonn:
My Guy you cannot Compare Ameachi and Akpabio with Fashola, Fashola beat them by far. But Fashola underperformed as power minister.
Oga what did fashola build u are telling renovate local stadium ...is that something

I'm telling men that built airport ...build the state with best road network in Nigeria

Ameachi build best primary school sector in Nigeria
Best health care sectors in Nigeria

Best quality of roads in Nigeria

Remember when my lag friends came to pH ..they understood why I wondered what fasholar did to deserve the hype

Bros fashola no reach in any sector ...like no sector at all
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Mace0lane: 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
This is foolishness in reasoning on display.

Renida:
I was at a public place discussing such where a yorubas would be president and the ignore his vice. And some fellas said the igbo Vp will kill the yorubas president because igbos are desperate people. Not me o. I just nought this report here.
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Lovelive: 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
ChoCho54:
Before the objective opinion, why not Obi as president and Fashola as Vp?
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Mace0lane: 8:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Obi is a die hard criminal he will never be VP of Nigeria talk less of President. I am willing to bet a life on that.

ChoCho54:
Before the objective opinion, why not Obi as president and Fashola as Vp?

1 Like

Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by stonemasonn: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
mrvitalis:

Oga what did fashola build u are telling renovate local stadium ...is that something

I'm telling men that built airport ...build the state with best road network in Nigeria

Ameachi build best primary school sector in Nigeria
Best health care sectors in Nigeria

Best quality of roads in Nigeria

Remember when my lag friends came to pH ..they understood why I wondered what fasholar did to deserve the hype

Bros fashola no reach in any sector ...like no sector at all
lol, I can as well tell you he built quality roads, best health care and schools in Nigeria.
Re: Can We Have Fashola As President & Soludo As VP by Corporate2020: 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
rebranded:
Nigeria has so many brilliant people that can move the country and continent forward.

It is unbelievable the way we always adopt a reactive approach rather than a proactive view.

What do you think Fashola as President and Soludo as VP can bring us.

Objective opinions please.

If you are with a small brain, then you will know that we cannot have two Southerners as President and VP. Go and sit down somewhere before Thunder strikes you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guardian Newspaper Counter Peter Obi Erroneous Claim / 102-yr-old Man To Return Home After Meeting Obi In Canada (video) / Gov Seyi Makinde Welcome HE Atiku To Oyo (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.