Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,293 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1575 Views)

Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee / Why Cant My Married Friend Be My Chief Bridesmaid? / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by mygirrl: 12:03am On Jan 08, 2011
Re: . by HTownEve(f): 12:21am On Jan 08, 2011
Why would your friend tell you to advise her to go back to her husband's house naw when he uses her as a punching bag. sad

Abusive relationship wether physically or verbally is a serious matter.
Someone needs to counsel the man first, maybe older family members and then she can return if he promises to stop abusing her. Poor thing.

Yes you can advise her if you are close friends.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 08, 2011
///
Re: . by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:23am On Jan 08, 2011
Its ok if d single lady gatz brainz up dere and d married one is ready to listen
Re: . by Orton10(m): 3:27am On Jan 08, 2011
Wetin Concern You? Your Friend No Know Say Physical Abuse Marriage NA FOR BETTER AND FOR WORSE?
Abeg Leave 'em wif thier Wahala and face yours, undecided
Re: . by ifyalways(f): 10:07am On Jan 08, 2011
mygirrl:

hello please this is the first topic i am posting on this forum i've got an issue that is seriously disturbing me. i've got a friend who got married sometime ago but right now she is experiencing some issues with her husband(physical abuse) recently she moved out of her husband's house and a friend of mine was telling me to call her and advise her to go back to her husband's house. i am quite close to her but the problem is this,  is it ok for me to call her and advice her or don't you guys think that she might take offence since she did not open up to me in the first place
Unsolicited advice is of the devil . . .Osewa seun
Seriously,your GF is yet to confide in you,all u have now is hearsay.If u call her to advice her,first thing that wud ring in her head is that u guys have made her condition your latest gossip news.
If she is truly your friend or she sees u as a friend,she ought to have personally told u her problem.
You can just call her randomly and see if she wud tell u anything . . .then u can advice her.
@Topic,Its not wrong for a single girl to advice her married female friends.
Re: . by queensmith: 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2011
your not a good friend! i advise you not to advise her! in fact, i advise you to move in with her husband and let him beat you instead! mshew!
Re: . by ruffrider(f): 1:19am On Jan 10, 2011
She should attend a self defense class, and start fighting back. See if that works, if she decides to go back to her husband.
Re: . by ruffrider(f): 1:21am On Jan 10, 2011
But then again, disregard my last comment. That could get very messy.
Re: . by mutter(f): 12:57am On Jan 11, 2011
As a single woman you can advise a married woman. Even some marrid women give bad advise. Just be wise and mature about it.
You can talk to her even if she has not approached you because by moving out it is obvious she has a problem.
Be carefull about advising her to move back without knowing the extent of the problem. Sometimes a move- back should not be done without family or professional help.
Abuse is an issue that one has to take very seriously.
Re: . by naijafrend: 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2011
@ Poster, I dont think you should call her up and ask her to go back, Partly because your friend is not in a good state of mind and at this time people tend to get hurt easily, she would misunderstand your good intentions and could even go ahead to think that the two of you were gossiping behind her back, Secondly, she never wanted your opinion and hence never opted to talk to you about it, so why take the pain?
Imagine calling her up with your advice or whatever and she retorts with a "did I even ask you for this, stay away from my life" , on the other hand, if you are really concerned, why don't you pay a casual visit and see if she wishes to confide in you,

@ Topic, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a single lady giving advice to a married woman, it's all about maturity and not about marital status,

(1) (Reply)

Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? / How Often Should Couples Be Intimate / Woman!!!! You Are Priceless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.