Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,483 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment (38983 Views)

Sierra Leone Abolishes Death Penalty / Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do / Chinese Police To Muslims: Hand In All Your Qurans Or Face Harsh Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
Tjohnnay:
bro can we talk on whatsapp pls 07064006494

Strictly business pls

Damnnnnn Nigarrr
Iso right.
happening twice on Saturday

It seems the above language is an online deals code understood only by members.

It is a deal. Can I be part of it? Just being inquisitive.
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by apex3970: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
[color=#] 4027649[/color]
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by apex3970: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
Glink2018:

Saudi Arabian Is the genesis of the Islamic religion but Nigeria is the Revelation of the Islamic religion.
Muslims in Nigeria know Quran more than Prophet Mohammed. Bunch of fools even when they announced social distance in Saudi, there are some demonic-religious Buffon's here that still want to fight the government.

Thank God the president is a Muslim, probably if he's not, the lockdown could have turned to another thing in Nigeria.
Saudi Arabia is working on how to throw away some of the archaic law in Quran and modernize it to the present-day reality while some fools are fixative on doing irrational things yet they claimed that they are educated

.Tueh.

What then do you have to say about few days ago massive protest against the government's lockdown in the United States of America, there was massive protest in Israel too, and just very recently in South Africa. You should be expecting massive protest in Lagos if Buhari should extend the lockdown. (I foresee so, I might be wrong).

WHY THE PROTEST?
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by damoceile: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
Mm.
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by wink2015(m): 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
Beremx:
Beheading is next to be abolished. Saudi Arabia should get it right once and for all

Beheading is a barbaric act.

But it is doubtful if the Saudi government will cancel the law. If they will at least not so soon.

Drug pushers will raid Saudi airports to enter the country to sell their drugs.

Rapist will go overboard to commit mass rape.

However, as the Saudi modernised their monarchical political system.

The world will welcome more Democratic culture from the Saudi.

I also understand that they now allow their women to drive their cars.

A woman can become president one day in Saudi Arabia if the government drop their monarchical system of government in favour of a western style parliamentary system.

NORTHERN NIGERIA GET PREPARED FOR THE WIND OF CHANGE.

Former Emir of Kano state, Alhaji Lamido Sanussi did all he could to enlighten northern political and religious leaders about the backwardness in the north like early marriage, almajiri system, lack of education for girl child etc

What is going on in Saudi Arabia is a pointer that northern Nigeria political and religious leaders have to start amending their ways.
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by omonnakoda: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
Rgade:

There is no instance where 24 lashes in an Islamic nation will be equivalent to 24 months behind bars in western societies.
The things people get flogged for in Islamic countries, are not considered crimes in western societies.
The crime that will land you behind bars for 24 months in US, will attract a longer jail term and harsher punishment in Saudi.
Whereas an offence that attracts you 24 lashes of cane in Saudi will not be considered a crime in US.
So what?
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by quickly: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
U know what is funny

This news will be peppering Northern religious fanatics who want the world to remain in Caveman era arab culture.

However the Arabs they follow, who look at them as sub human and close to monkeys are embracing technology.

Look at Dubai, very liberal and not fanatic and this people are blood relatives to mohammed.

but some africans with no relation want to be holier than the pope.

Almaraiji system u see the result

When this COVid 19 finish with the north may God help us
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
Crown prince Bin Salman is doing a great job.

He is changing saudi Arabia for good.

Allowing women to drive a car, go to stadiums to watch football and now abolishing flogging is a step in the right direction.

He may be an authoritarian but he is making the right decisions.
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by DemonHunTER: 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
It's about time.
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by blackboy(m): 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
Saudi Arabia keeps moving forward while some ppl want us to go backward all in the name of doctrine and fantasim
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by orobs93(m): 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
Whyem15:
Good, but when will they abolish monarchy and move to democracy? Or when will they stop sawing people to bits in their embassy, or when will they stop jailing activist, or when will they stop blowing yemeni school bus and starving the yemeni people?
The crown Prince's has been decieving the word with the sham he calls reforms so that he will be accepted and supported by people all around the world. For close to five years now, he has only allowed women to drive, allowed women to enter stadiums and allowed abolished flogging. If he is serious about reforms, he

would have released the thousands of political prisoners he jailed because they dared to criticise him. He would have stopped the war in yemen and he would have renounced monarchy and called for elections. He should stop being an hypocrite.
Laws are changed by Parliaments or popular referendums in the "civilised" countries he is pretending to emulate, not by a de facto leader. We will never know the public opinion of the saudi people but thousands of people who hates other people and see other peoples' cultures will come here to masturbate.

Well if it’s working for them why change
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by IslamVIRGINS(f): 4:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
MUHAMMAD WON'T BE HAPPY RIGHT THERE IN GRAVE... VERY SOON YOU'LL ABOLISH CALLING YOURSELVES AS allah's SLAVES grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Ykc2(m): 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nothern muslims will be angry
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Fragility6: 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Corona don dey reset saudi brain but their brothers in Northern Nigeria still never get brain
No b Corona cause am. Dem don dey abolish most of dier primitive laws for d past two years
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by NaijadrivaCars: 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2020
What about stoning?
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2020
omonnakoda:

So what?
My reply perfectly clarifies your confusion as to how imprisonments are more humane than lashing.
The analogy is quite flawed.
You will never find yourself in a situation where you'll have to choose between 24 months behind bars and 24 strokes of the cane.
Go and read my reply again. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by egbemaoguta(m): 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
Wetin concern me if they like make them abolish panel beating too is their business
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by enemyofprogress: 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2020
One day and las las their brains go reset to factory settings and there will be peace all over the world as the head slammers will stop their senseless killings all in the name of religion and 770 virgins that Mohammed promised them grin grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by enemyofprogress: 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
What about stoning?
only Mohammed can stop that grin grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
...yet stoning is still legal punishment in Saudi Arabia?!?!?!?!?!?

ok o!
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by enemyofprogress: 5:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ykc2:
Nothern muslims will be angry
abeg abeg we are talking about human beans here, don't bring in those ones
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by FayFayNunu: 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
grin am now tuned to nairaland.... hello everyone
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Ykc2(m): 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
enemyofprogress:
abeg abeg we are talking about human beans here, don't bring in those ones
human beans?what of human nkwobi?
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
decatalyst:

Yes o!

It started with allowing females to drive, go the stadium...now this. I am sure beheading will be abolished soon.

Civilization is finally finding it's roots in that country. I hope the blind and staunch followers get liberated too.

THIS IS CIVILIZATION IN NIGERIA grin
brownemmanuel43:
That's a country wey get sense, not this useless country. Go to North now, same old shit happening, causing wahala here and their. Without north naija for dey somehow better than now. north is just nonsense.

Beremx:
Beheading is next to be abolished. Saudi Arabia should get it right once and for all

Brunicekid:
Exactly...All those punishments should not stand in Saudi no more! They are inhumane punishment!!!

Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Evince(m): 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
decatalyst:

Yes o!

It started with allowing females to drive, go the stadium...now this. I am sure beheading will be abolished soon.

Civilization is finally finding it's roots in that country. I hope the blind and staunch followers get liberated too.
[quote author=decatalyst post=88836181]

Yes o!

Civilization can only be achieved when humans drop god story (religion) completely. Many will disagree with this without realizing how dogmatic and ancient the concept is
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by olaadesino(m): 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
Some people in this forum do not know why they are created into this world. We are created to worship Allah alone without associating partner with. Anything manufactured beings phones, medicines have manual. It is this manual that will tell you do and don't of the particular product. If that is case, our creator attached to you and I manual which Quran and Sunna.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by Evince(m): 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
decatalyst:

Yes o!

[quote author=decatalyst post=88836181]

Civilization can only be achieved when humans drop god story (religion) completely. Many will disagree with this without realizing how dogmatic and ancient the concept is
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by apex3765: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
[color=#] 3560597[/color]
Re: Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment by enemyofprogress: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ykc2:
human beans?what of human nkwobi?
I go wound you o tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US Spy Planes Deployed To Russia & Taiwan As Putin & Xi Hold War Games(Pix, Vid) / Azerbaijan President Appoints His Wife As Vice President (Photos) / John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.