Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me (479 Views)

The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! / Why Are Teachers Not Respected / Tell Us: Are Teachers Owed Salary In Your State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me by Shimzyy(m): 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
Sometimes I wonder why teachers tasked with the role of impacting the students[leaders of tomorrow] are neglected and treated like people with no future.
I still remember when I was in the higher institution studying so hard to graduate with good grade thinking that will enable me to secure a better job but to my greatest surprise immediately after my NYSC I came to realize that getting a job in Nigeria is strictly on connection and not by merit as I always thought of, to avoid boredom and being constantly broke I started teaching at a secondary school atleast to meet up with some of my demands while applying for online recruitment like NSCDC, NDLEA, INEC, IMMIGRATION before the covid-19 pandemic set in.

As the lockdown continues the Hope of we teachers in private school is lost because we're not paid during holidays, am still staying with my parents so food is not the problem as they're providing but currently am totally broke to the extent that accessing the internet have been a very difficult task for me and to be honest accessing the internet have been very helpful to me in learning and also tackling boredom.

Please I'll appreciate it if someone can help me here so I can subscribe.
No amount is small

Re: Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me by Anwons(m): 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
Teachers are neglected because they neglect themselves

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me by Bola146(f): 5:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
Especially the private teachers, most of them will not collect March and April salary. When the parents paid a full term, it's very bad.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me by Shimzyy(m): 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2020
Anwons:
Teachers are neglected because they neglect themselves

How sir?
Can you explain
Re: Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me by Shimzyy(m): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2020
Bola146:
Especially the private teachers, most of them will not collect March and April salary. When the parents paid a full term, it's very bad.

Exactly
Even what you worked for you'll still be begging for the stipend as if you don't deserve it
Re: Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me by Shimzyy(m): 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
Bola146:

I'll really appreciate it if you can be of help to me
Re: Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me by josen16322(m): 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
teachers have to stand together and fight 4 their right becos d govt don value dem at all,but 2me teachers are d number one reason y so many people are brillant in their field of work i wonder wat d world will look like if there is no teachers
Re: Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me by Anwons(m): 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
Shimzyy:

How sir?
Can you explain

Teaching, as a profession, ought to have been the most noble and respected in all ramifications.
But what has happened? No standard is set, the union, NUT is weak and toothless in all the states especially here in Nigeria. It has turned to laissez faire affair, worst of it all is that, due to negligence by the government in different levels and outright lack of solidarity/integrity of the union leaders, the average teacher has built self low esteem thereby creating loopholes for exploitations by different categories of people including the private school owners. They are aware that if you leave, others will fill the void and these happened as a result of the professional self negligence.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Teachers Always Neglected? Please Help Me by Shimzyy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
Anwons:

Teaching, as a profession, ought to have been the most noble and respected in all ramifications.
But what has happened? No standard is set, the union, NUT is weak and toothless in all the states especially here in Nigeria. It has turned to laissez faire affair, worst of it all is that, due to negligence by the government in different levels and outright lack of solidarity/integrity of the union leaders, the average teacher has built self low esteem thereby creating loopholes for exploitations by different categories of people including the private school owners. They are aware that if you leave, others will fill the void and these happened as a result of the professional self negligence.

You have a good point
School owners always treat you bad knowing that even if you leave they are others ready to replace you

(1) (Reply)

How 20 Animals Got Their Name / Ielts Exam Dates In The Year 2020 For The Paper-Based Or Computer Delivery / Meaning And Differences Among Internet,intranet And Extranet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.