Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161049 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
theForth:
why are you laughing, almost cried this morning when I checked waec's website. Are you for real, because I already have an affidavit that was made in 2016?

Please ignore the emoji.. Kindly get an updated affidavit to solve the problem..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
Good afternoon everyone.
@Lekioboboe @Justmellow and other gurus.
I just did my affidavit of Sponsorship at Ikeja high court. So I enquired at the ikeja police command for police character certificate, they told me N30,000 that it's two documents. They said I'll also do one page of Biometrics (10 finger prints).

Please is this valid? Am I making a mistake? Is the price correct?

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
theForth:
why are you laughing, almost cried this morning when I checked waec's website. Are you for real, because I already have an affidavit that was made in 2016?
lol I am not laughing, I am smiling at you. An affidavit is exactly what you need and you are perfectly good to go. Don’t stress yourself.
Unless you want to go through the whole procedure Of going to waec and that is one long train I’m sure you are not up for. Your affidavit is very okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
SCAM !!! Go to police headquarters at Alagbon (it's after obalende) it's 7k physical or 10k by proxy.

NairaLuck:
Good afternoon everyone.
I just did my affidavit of Sponsorship at Ikeja high court. So I enquired at the ikeja police command for police character certificate, they told me N30,000 that it's two documents. They said I'll also do one page of Biometrics (10 finger prints).

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2020
YemmyPOG:

SCAM !!! Go to police headquarters at Alagbon (it's after obalende) it's 7k physical or 10k by proxy.

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gatsbym4(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
NairaLuck:
Good afternoon everyone.

Thanks alot

Kilodeeeee
Why are we like this in this country. Something that’s just 7k, laslas 10k.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hello great people!

I submitted my application early this month...I'm yet to receive the approval.

Currently, I'm thinking of getting my medicals done....Please house, how do I go about it?

Also, when I'm done with the tests, how do I attach it to my submitted application...Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations on your acceptance into a DLI in Canada.

Please follow the LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION to gather your files.

Thanks.
I finally sent my online application for study permit. Hoping for the best. What next

It will end in praise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
The Visa Approval abi?

Jermaineayo:
Hello great people!

Currently, I'm thinking of getting my medicals done....Please house, how do I go about it?

Also, when I'm done with the tests, how do I attach it to my submitted application...Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
Jermaineayo:
Hello great people!

Medicals done? Why the rush? I thought that you can get approval without medicals since current approval is in two stages.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chuksinfotech: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
Dear Friends,

Good Evening, I hope we are all keeping safe are surviving in Nigeria?

Please I need your help in view of the latest update from IRCC on the two-stage study permit application. I want to detail my financial challenge as well as a breakdown of my sources of finance so that I can get some inputs from some of you as regards to my chances of getting a study permit.

I work with an international church organization based here in Nigeria with several businesses, academic institutions as well as churches scattered all over the country and some few countries abroad.

I spoke to an executive member of my organization and he has agreed that the organization would write me a sponsorship letter and release all associated documents because of my study permit application. Usually, the organization issues you with a study leave with pay and expect you to come back man continue work or you are issued a study leave without pay and you can come back if there is an opening for you.

In my own case, I would only be supported with at least N500,000 and the sponsorship letter and other documents with bank statement of at least 500 million. Secondly, one of my bosses is the country director and co-founder of an international organization based in the UK. I also want to use him as a sponsor and the organization’s documents and financial details will also be issued to me.

On my part I have about 2 Million Naira in my account, after tuition fee payment. Order financial documents that I have in my possession are my investment with a mortgage Department of my organization Which is about 1,000,000, my pension Savings which is about 1.2 million as well as my investment of about 500,000 and this funds can only be accessed when I resign.

Friends these are all I have as regards to my finance and sponsorship. And I intend to apply for the preliminary Study Permit for my program in fall 2020 which is online. Please I want you to know that I have already accepted the admission offer and have also gone ahead to enrol for my courses which does not require me paying the tuition yet.

Please what are your thoughts on my current situation?

NB: The name of my school is Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Tuition Fee: 1946.94 + other Payments = 2748.12
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by YemmyPOG: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Make I even burst your bubble, the official price wey dey enter government acct na N3,500. Corruption has finished 9ja !!! It is well!!

gatsbym4:

Kilodeeeee
Why are we like this in this country. Something that’s just 7k, laslas 10k.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
NairaLuck:
Good afternoon everyone.

Thanks alot

Hahahahaha... This country sef... Abeg go to Alagbon police cid ikoyi and get it done for 5k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
Tonyodg:
lol I am not laughing, I am smiling at you. An affidavit is exactly what you need and you are perfectly good to go. Don’t stress yourself.
Unless you want to go through the whole procedure Of going to waec and that is one long train I’m sure you are not up for. Your affidavit is very okay
sorry bro, I thought you were being sarcastic. Thanks for the information, I really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Anon123:

Please ignore the emoji.. Kindly get an updated affidavit to solve the problem..
Thank you sir, I'll do just that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
Anon123:

Hahahahaha... This country sef... Abeg go to Alagbon police cid ikoyi and get it done for 5k
Ok thanks alot @Lekiboboe also said it.
I'm not familiar with the Lagos Island, is it possible for you to drop the description here if im going through Mile 2 ? Or can I send an email? Lastly, do you know anyone there you can refer me to?
so I don't fall into the wrong guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
theForth:
sorry bro, I thought you were being sarcastic. Thanks for the information, I really appreciate.
you welcome success with your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Backupaccount: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
NairaLuck:

Ok thanks alot @Lekiboboe also said it.
I'm not familiar with the Lagos Island, is it possible for you to drop the description here if im going through Mile 2 ? Or can I send an email? Lastly, do you know anyone there you can refer me to?
so I don't fall into the wrong guys

Just find your way to obalende, from there take keke to alagbon, its around ikoyi passport office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TestimoneyTesti: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2020
Good day all, pls I submitted my application just yesterday, online route and today my status was updated, requesting me to go for biometrics just one day interval, please what could this really imply,

And currently from my investigation I think MANOR house lekki phase1 is not yet open for Canada applicants based on biometrics so why could they possibly request me to go for biometrics when they are not functioning yet....?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
TestimoneyTesti:
Good day all, pls I submitted my application just yesterday, online route and today my status was updated, requesting me to go for biometrics just one day interval, please what could this really imply,

And currently from my investigation I think MANOR house lekki phase1 is not yet open for Canada applicants based on biometrics so why could they possibly request me to go for biometrics when they are not functioning yet....?

They request biometrics from everyone. don't be upset. Once they start functioning then you can go for your biometrics.

Many of us here are waiting for them to open

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jerido: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hello dear friends,

Please I need your advise: I would like to know whether it is okay for me to use these as my proof of fund:
Receipt payment for tuition.( 8,321CAD)
Fixed deposit Certificate.
Sponsor Statement of Account.
My Gratuity Statement.
My pension Statement of Account.
Note: I'm only having #200,000 in my savings account statement.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
YemmyPOG:

5k or less if you are present and can negotiate well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:06am On Jul 22, 2020
So now IRCC says processing time for Nigerian Study permit is 22weeks, that’s about 6months.. this is what Yoruba’s call LOBATAN!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:30am On Jul 22, 2020
Engager69:
So now IRCC says processing time for Nigerian Study permit is 22weeks, that’s about 6months.. this is what Yoruba’s call LOBATAN!!!!!
Please where did you see that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 12:42am On Jul 22, 2020

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gatsbym4(m): 12:56am On Jul 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 5:20am On Jul 22, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 6:07am On Jul 22, 2020
Tonyodg:
Things are progressing!!
They are operating but not just yet for biometrics

Please what does this mean
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 6:18am On Jul 22, 2020
Don't worry about it. It keeps changing everytime. Some people's application don pass 22 weeks already.

Osemigho:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 6:31am On Jul 22, 2020
Osemigho:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Seeing this news this morning......
I don't know how best to react it, I guess I'd pretend it's not for us. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.