Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161521 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 6:27am On Jul 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
timeline:

applied 10th june
biometric request: 11th june
no other update and i haven't done biometrics
worried!

VFS Nigeria is closed for canadian biometrics enrollment, so you can’t do your biometrics at the moment.Hopefully,they open soon.But the new 2 stage visa application process means that your background and eligibility check will be done at stage one without you doing your biometrics,then in the second stage your biometrics and medical report are required before you’ll be given full approval.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sewenswepzy(m): 6:43am On Jul 25, 2020
Pls I need urgent advice
I intend applying for PGC in health analytics Cambrian college..however the program overview says the degree can be done either on campus or online depending on the student. Pls wont the possibility of the online access affect my chances of securing a student visa. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sewenswepzy(m): 6:53am On Jul 25, 2020
Does a 3 semester PGD for fall, winter and spring sessions translates to a year of study or 2 years of study. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by CanadaPR: 7:40am On Jul 25, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

Nice one.. Meaning booking makes no difference sef... Meanwhile, is she self sponsored? Masters or PGC? Course relationship with first degree right or work experience?

1) She's Dad Sponspored (Lol)
2) Undergraduate
3) Nothing but A-level etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jardel551(m): 8:11am On Jul 25, 2020
Nellykuch:
Anyone coming into LONDON ONTARIO(FANSHAWE,WESTERN) in need of accommodation let me know. That is if you are arriving in the next 2/3 months.
I am and how can get to talk about this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aquanitavit: 9:35am On Jul 25, 2020
hello dear ,congrats about your English proficiency exception letter,where you able to get it or did you apply without it
Insanity:

I checked yesterday afternoon, it hasn't started, but its ongoing now. I don't know when exactly it started, and background check has not started yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2020
Is this your first application?

Eilenora:
Yes.

the challenge sef is that i did upfront medicals so wondering why I am being asked to go do medicals,almost like they didnt get the result from qlife. also is it normal for 3 stages to be ongoing at the same time:background check,eligibility(just changed today)and then request for medicals.usually isnt the request after both stages have been completed.this new 2 approval stages is bringing in a lot of ? in terms of being able to ascertain next steps.

Found this online so slightly worried:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/request-for-medical-exam-even-after-upfront-medical-report-submission.452424/page-2

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2020
yes it is

Pee2Jay9:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 10:48am On Jul 25, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

That link is an old post from 2017. The CIC website states that it currently accepts upfront medical. See link below posted March 2020

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2020
sewenswepzy:
Pls I need urgent advice
I intend applying for PGC in health analytics Cambrian college..however the program overview says the degree can be done either on campus or online depending on the student. Pls wont the possibility of the online access affect my chances of securing a student visa. Thanks

Most schools keep the classroom option for international students to qualify for student visa. Ask the program Coordinator or admission advisor if international students are eligible to apply for the program and student visa. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2020
Osemigho:

Most schools keep the classroom option for international students to qualify for student visa. Ask the program Coordinator or admission advisor if international students are eligible to apply for the program and student visa. All the best.
What if in a scenerio like this,

a Fall 2020 program is strictly In-person (no virtual mode) & a student gets his/her study permit and travel restrictions is still not lifted,

and the Program Coordinator says this (after mailing him):

You will be required to be on campus to complete the requirements for the program this fall and if you do not already have a VISA then you will not be permitted to partake in the program in September 2020. Unfortunately, the next available intake will be September 2021

Any headway on this
or
can an approved study permit meant for the Fall 2020 program be used to switch for a Winter 2021 program (hopefully the travel restrictions would have bin lifted by then)

NB: Fall 2021 is a NO NO undecided

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2020
Aquanitavit:
hello dear ,congrats about your English proficiency exception letter,where you able to get it or did you apply without it

Yeah, I applied with my English Proficiency Letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wendynuel: 11:59am On Jul 25, 2020
Hello,

I advise you reach out to the hospital to ensure they updated your medical result on the IRCC interface. Upon confirmation, raise a webform attaching the document you received from the diagnostic center (Qlife or IOM), then write a note explaining the fact that you opted for an upfront medical.

I actually submitted an upfront medical which they recently updated. When I was completing the online form I did not select that I had done medical within the last 6 month. I was advised to raise a webform submitting the medical form obtained from the hospital so they won’t send me a medical request since I didn’t select that I had done an upfront medical.

I am certain you will get a positive feedback from them shortly

All the best to all applicants

Eilenora:
yes it is

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wendynuel: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
I learnt from the webinar held by IRCC in India that they will start issuing ‘Approval in Principle’ from next week.

I pray that we shall have series of great news next week

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wendynuel: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
timeline:

applied 10th june
biometric request: 11th june
no other update and i haven't done biometrics
worried!
Hello,

I suggest you check the status panel with icons to see if background check has started. From what I have gathered from all the postings so far, they usually start with background check then proceed to medical request/update.

For the background check, they usually don’t send a notification, so it won’t be part of the messages in your IRCC inbox.

Continue to be positive....all things shall work together for your good.

Wish all applicants good success

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
Lekiboboe:

a Fall 2020 program is strictly In-person (no virtual mode) & a student gets his/her study permit and travel restrictions is still not lifted,

You will be required to be on campus to complete the requirements for the program this fall and if you do not already have a VISA then you will not be permitted to partake in the program in September 2020. Unfortunately, the next available intake will be September 2021

Any headway on this
or
can an approved study permit meant for the Fall 2020 program be used to switch for a Winter 2021 program (hopefully the travel restrictions would have bin lifted by then)

Thanks

If I were in your shoes, my unordered options that may not apply to you will be;

1. Stick to the plan and see if I can use the school email or an official letter to get a travel exemption after visa. You will need a solid quarantine plan to enter finally.

2. Get Visa and defer to 2021 if I can guarantee a travel exemption. I Won’t say September 2021 is a no no. I will ask myself how I can secure it.

3. Get visa, defer program, change program to another winter program.

Your work is to figure out your options and continue to strike out the outdated ones as time and situation changes. However, never say never because waiting till next year might work in your favor.

If I had gotten admission and come to Canada in 2016, I wont have become PR in 2017 and probably won’t be by now. I was deeply saddened that I couldn’t get a masters admission with all my efforts and fall 2016 application to about 4 schools. A fellow nairalander stylishly mocked me for it. In fact, I quit all together until my undergraduate supervisor in Nigeria encouraged me to try again.

I returned with another name and refired. Emailed about sixty supervisors and had about 8 yes in about 5 schools. I applied to 4 schools and got full scholarship in one. I stumbled upon express entry thread around January 2017 and started reading it. The most fruitful part of my journey here was after that my denial in 2016 because I also used that one year to gather experience and knowledge to apply for PR. Those who mock me then actually came back to ask how I got my PR. Hahaha. Today, I am thinking of when to apply for citizenship not PR.

Never say never. Always think of how you can I do it better. All the best.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Osemigho:

If I were in your shoes, my unordered options that may not apply to you will be;

1. Stick to the plan and see if I can use the school email or an official letter to get a travel exemption after visa. You will need a solid quarantine plan to enter finally.

2. Get Visa and defer to 2021 if I can guarantee a travel exemption. I Won’t say September 2021 is a no no. I will ask myself how I can secure it.

3. Get visa, defer program, change program to another winter program.

Your work is to figure out your options and continue to strike out the outdated ones as time and situation changes. However, never say never because waiting till next year might work in your favor.

If I had gotten admission and come to Canada in 2016, I wont have become PR in 2017 and probably won’t be by now. I was deeply saddened that I couldn’t get a masters admission with all my efforts and fall 2016 application to about 4 schools. A fellow nairalander stylishly mocked me for it. In fact, I quit all together until my undergraduate supervisor in Nigeria encouraged me to try again.

I returned with another name and refired. Emailed about sixty supervisors and had about 8 yes in about 5 schools. I applied to 4 schools and got full scholarship in one. I stumbled upon express entry thread around January 2017 and started reading it. The most fruitful part of my journey here was after that my denial in 2016 because I also used that one year to gather experience and knowledge to apply for PR. Those who mock me then actually came back to ask how I got my PR. Hahaha. Today, I am thinking of when to apply for citizenship not PR.

Never say never. Always think of how you can I do it better. All the best.

Thanks for your spot-on response
But am reasoning with ur No. 1 & 3 option

- Actually I have thought about that no. 1 option ,but there is no international flight going in and out of Nigeria, u can't even book for international flights or are there Airlines that are on essential traveling to Canada from Nigeria?

- ur No.3 option is what I chose as an alternative , "Get Visa and change program to another Winter Program"

If I get u correctly for example

Get Visa , switch from a Fall 2020 Program at Seneca College TO a Winter 2021 program at Conestoga College

I guess this is what u mean
& if YES , how can this be done?

Based on your story in the last 2 paragraph, You are really a Product of Grace, God had everything mapped out for u.

Kudos to your resilience cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 1:13pm On Jul 25, 2020
Hello Leki, I've seen this your question like 5x,
sorry that nobody had responded. I'll advice you just use this college to get study permit.. Apply for another program that is still open for Winter.

I know you've paid fees, so that could be hard but just stay positive sha.. All will be well

Lekiboboe:

Any headway on this
or

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
Lekiboboe:

- Actually I have thought about that no. 1 option ,but there is no international flight going in and out of Nigeria, u can't even book for international flights or are there Airlines that are on essential traveling to Canada from Nigeria?

- ur No.3 option is what I chose as an alternative , "Get Visa and change program to another Winter Program"

Get Visa , switch from a Fall 2020 Program at Seneca College TO a Winter 2021 program at Conestoga College

Based on your story in the last 2 paragraph, You are really a Product of Grace, God had everything mapped out for u.

There are scheduled flights still going to Canada. Follow the Living in Canada thread.
For the bolded, I've asked that question before & u even sent a YouTube video that addressed it.. U'll have to apply to Conestoga college still open for Winter. Use ur Seneca study permit and enter Canada, change the school on ur portal after u arrive. This is what i understood from even answers most Gurus gave to my query then

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Some new PR leave from Benin republic or Togo. I am not sure. So, do not base your decision on this.

About your comment on my last two paragraph, was it entirely grace? Was grace reading for me and submitting my application? I asked, pray, and worked for it. I choose to abandon US and focus on Canada after reading.

You can say God inspired me to read more and set some of it before me, but do not ignore my conscious efforts under the shadow of grace. I could have just ignore or make excuses when my supervisor advise me to try again.

I believe Favor is readiness meet opportunity. Your body, soul, and mind must be ready when the opportunity comes. There are many others who I have encouraged to try but refuse to. They have the opportunity, but letting it pass by. I hope they don’t later blame God for not “mapping it out” for them.

I see you appreciated my resiliency. Thanks. All the best my fellow nairalander.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
wendynuel:

Hello,

I suggest you check the status panel with icons to see if background check has started. From what I have gathered from all the postings so far, they usually start with background check then proceed to medical request/update.

For the background check, they usually don’t send a notification, so it won’t be part of the messages in your IRCC inbox.

Continue to be positive....all things shall work together for your good.

Wish all applicants good success

Amen

here is a screenshot of what's showing on my profile

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by quille11: 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
Dear Gurus in the house,

Kindly help with the link to access comprehensive proceedures to applying for student visa to Canada. I have explored the previous threads and can’t find a more detailed one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
Osemigho:

Some new PR leave from Benin republic or Togo. I am not sure. So, do not base your decision on this.

About your comment on my last two paragraph, was it entirely grace? Was grace reading for me and submitting my application? I asked, pray, and worked for it. I choose to abandon US and focus on Canada after reading.

You can say God inspired me to read more and set some of it before me, but do not ignore my conscious efforts under the shadow of grace. I could have just ignore or make excuses when my supervisor advise me to try again.

I believe Favor is readiness meet opportunity. Your body, soul, and mind must be ready when the opportunity comes. There are many others who I have encouraged to try but refuse to. They have the opportunity, but letting it pass by. I hope they don’t later blame God for not “mapping it out” for them.

I see you appreciated my resiliency. Thanks. All the best my fellow nairalander.
Wow are u for real,
despite not being a Citizen of Benin/Togo cheesy,
That will be nice

I never even thought of that.

Noted!!!!!

To God be the Glory for your story

Thanks for sharing your encounter & experience

All da best in ur remaining journey!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
Greetings to all everyone in this group.
Please I need clarifications concerning my SOP, Am almost at the completion stage, I plan going first for my doctoral study and my spouse and child to later join me.
So my questions are:
* Should I state this in my SOP that my family will be joining me or I should not mention anything about them joining me?
* Also, should they apply for theirs immediately I receive my visa (by God's grace) or after 3 months when I get to Canada?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Hello Leki, I've seen this your question like 5x,
sorry that nobody had responded. I'll advice you just use this college to get study permit.. Apply for another program that is still open for Winter.

I know you've paid fees, so that could be hard but just stay positive sha.. All will be well

Thanks Pee2jay cool

Roger that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

There are scheduled flights still going to Canada. Follow the Living in Canada thread.
For the bolded, I've asked that question before & u even sent a YouTube video that addressed it.. U'll have to apply to Conestoga college still open for Winter. Use ur Seneca study permit and enter Canada, change the school on ur portal after u arrive. This is what i understood from even answers most Gurus gave to my query then
That's for the insights,

Would check out the Living in Canada Thread

Appreciate Pee2jay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2020
quille11:
Dear Gurus in the house,

Kindly help with the link to access comprehensive proceedures to applying for student visa to Canada. I have explored the previous threads and can’t find a more detailed one
Go to the first page of this thread (Part 17), u would see lot of comprehensive details there and also in addition ,
read Page 29 & Page 116

Do ask questions in the forum as u progress in ur application and it will be responded to

All da best!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wendynuel: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Amen

here is a screenshot of what's showing on my profile

Your timeline shows they are making great progress on your application as both background and eligibility check are going on concurrently. Based on the two stage approach you don’t need medical & biometrics to receive the 1st approval.

Wish you good success

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
wendynuel:

Your timeline shows they are making great progress on your application as both background and eligibility check are going on concurrently. Based on the two stage approach you don’t need medical & biometrics to receive the 1st approval.

Wish you good success

i really pray everything becomes positive for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2020
Iffylove:
Please I need clarifications concerning my SOP, Am almost at the completion stage, I plan going first for my doctoral study and my spouse and child to later join me.
So my questions are:
* Should I state this in my SOP that my family will be joining me or I should not mention anything about them joining me?
* Also, should they apply for theirs immediately I receive my visa (by God's grace) or after 3 months when I get to Canada?
Thank you.

1. Please, do not mention anything about your family joining you in your SOP, instead state categorically that they will be in Nigeria, they're the best hometie you have right now.
2. I don't know much about this question, my guess is when you arrive Canada you can apply for your family to join you.

Just my opinion.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Manifoldlove: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2020
As this stage, it is not needful stating that your family will be joining you, instead, gather every momentum that will point to the possibility of you returning to your family after studies.

* Yes, get your study permit first and then, put in for theirs.

Iffylove:
So my questions are:
Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.