Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1167918 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 10, 2020
Esekaris1:

Village land ke grin Lol ...please how best can I approach this sponsorship so it can be strong at least... should I add my mother own too? Sent you a mail.thanks.

The offer of employment from the company is enough and you also state your time there was for unpaid internship after which you were offer employment.

You don't need personal assets for your age but your Dad finance must be very solid

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayoola03(f): 5:06am On Aug 10, 2020
You can send me a pm

ptoall1000:

Sister, thank you for this piece. I hv an IT background too with some of th e certifications you mentioned. I ll be coming to Canada next year, I ll appreciate if you can link me up with ur IT brother for some enquiries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phantomcole: 5:39am On Aug 10, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Please I need assistance with which Universities in Canada that take Naija 2.2 degree, even if it is for Postgraduate diploma.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Esekaris1(f): 7:17am On Aug 10, 2020
Time2soar:

The offer of employment from the company is enough and you also state your time there was for unpaid internship after which you were offer employment.

You don't need personal assets for your age but your Dad finance must be very solid

Thank you @Time2soar I'm really grateful... Please should I state that I have been given the employment before I leave here or I will be given the employment upon my return?

And I was thinking of combining both my dad and mom. If she can be a co sponsor to support and take care of the living expenses with solid proof of source of income, so as to reduce the pressure of only him. Although he has everything in his account. Don't know if that will be helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jjerryola(f): 7:23am On Aug 10, 2020
Pls I need clarification from past PhD candidate here pls, I have a list of professors that I want to contact for supervision request against fall 2021 admissions, And I know that this is the best time to start however from my findings I realised I need to attach my transcript( Lautech and unilag ) to the mail, but I'm unable to get it as of now. Pls is it wise to start sending mail without the transcript and I'll appreciate any body that has contact that can help get the transcript on time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 7:49am On Aug 10, 2020
jjerryola:
Pls I need clarification from past PhD candidate here pls, I have a list of professors that I want to contact for supervision request against fall 2021 admissions, And I know that this is the best time to start however from my findings I realised I need to attach my transcript( Lautech and unilag ) to the mail, but I'm unable to get it as of now. Pls is it wise to start sending mail without the transcript and I'll appreciate any body that has contact that can help get the transcript on time
Not sure where you got your findings from but I can tell confidently that transcripts are not compulsory. In addition to your email, research on the Supervisor’s profile then draft and attach a very good research proposal based on his/her area of interest, that could be a plus. This worked for me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:02am On Aug 10, 2020
jjerryola:
In Addition,

Check the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111

For the following content

- What To Include In Emails To Professors When Seeking Grad. School (M.SC/PH.D) Admission & possible Funding in Canada & US

-TIPS ON GETTING A SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH/THESIS BASED M.Sc and Ph.D Part 1 & Part 2

-HINTS ON SECURING ADMISSIONS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES (PARTICULARLY MASTERS' DEGREE)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mummy4life1: 9:14am On Aug 10, 2020
Please, how can I apply for master in Canada and which school is preferable.

I've 2.2 in Physics and 12years working experience in telecommunication. I would like to go with my son and my husband.

Any advice please......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Please, how can I apply for master in Canada and which school is preferable.

I've 2.2 in Physics and 12years working experience in telecommunication. I would like to go with my son and my husband.

Any advice please......
The Minimum Requirement for Masters in Canada is a 2.1,

In my own opinion

You best bet is to apply for a PGD or PG. Cert in a telecommunication related field (based on your 12 years working experience)

Google and Check out
PG. Cert, Wireless Telecommunications
@ Humber College, Ontario
January 2021 intake

Also,
It will be better if your Husband and Son Stay back first, cos apart from Landed Properties & Parents,
your Husband and Son are good HOME TIES (Something' that can compel you to come back to Nigeria, cos you must compulsorily show that after your studies you would come back to Nigeria), probably if you get there and you are settled, u can make a move for ur Husband & Son to come

But it also depends if your son is still in a stage he needs the mother care (1 month old to like 1 year old I guess)

Do await more inputs/response from other members

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mummy4life1: 9:44am On Aug 10, 2020
Lekiboboe:

In my own opinion

You best bet is to apply for a PGD or PG. Cert in a telecommunication related field (based on your 12 years working experience)

Google and Check out
January 2021 intake

Also,
It will be better if your Husband and Son Stay back first, cos apart from Landed Properties & Parents,
your Husband and Son are good HOME TIES (Something' that can compel you to come back to Nigeria, cos you must compulsorily show that after your studies you would come back to Nigeria), probably if you get there and you are settled, u can make a move for ur Husband & Son to come

But it also depends if your son is still in a stage he needs the mother care (1 month old to like 1 year old I guess)

My baby is four month old now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mummy4life1: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2020
Lekiboboe:

In my own opinion

Google and Check out
January 2021 intake

Also,

can my husband apply for his own school too.

2.2 in Banking and finance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by degxyflexy: 10:02am On Aug 10, 2020
Good morning Bruv and Gurus in the house. Please aside from my regular job I was made a representative of a company based Portugal ��. Please can I use that as a form of home tie plus my properties and immediate family? Can I also get a reference letter from the company's HR for my study permit.
Lekiboboe:

In my own opinion

Google and Check out
January 2021 intake

Also,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toseph3456: 10:02am On Aug 10, 2020
Hello everyone. Please I need someone to help clarify something. I got admitted into a college in Ontario for this September session, paid the tuition deposit and have even applied for my visa online (yet to receive first stage approval though). Now my issue is after I submitted my visa application, something came up which resulted in using out of the funds I declared. Is this going to affect my application in any way? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 10, 2020
Toseph3456:
Hello everyone. Please I need someone to help clarify something. I got admitted into a college in Ontario for this September session, paid the tuition deposit and have even applied for my visa online (yet to receive first stage approval though). Now my issue is after I submitted my visa application, something came up which resulted in using out of the funds I declared. Is this going to affect my application in any way? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 10:10am On Aug 10, 2020
Time 2 Soar; Thank you for your immense contribution. Please i also have a question which is similar to a question i have asked before but need to buttress my question further so i can be properly guided. I got an admit to Vancouver Island University with total estimated school fees of around 50k dollars and also go admit to University Canada West with estimated total fees of around 32k dollars. Both MBA admissions. I would like to ask if you feel strongly for me to pick one of these schools and based on the fees and if yes which one should i pick? I choose to settle for these schools basically because i dont have a GMAT score nor GRE and my overall IELTS is 6.5 but have quality years of experience, professional accounting certifications and good GPA. This question is also to the house . What do you think. I am asking should in case there is a better University i can take advantage of that i am unaware of based on what i have now. Would be expecting your response my gurus in the house. I am planning to apply for Jan or February 2021 resumption.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 10:31am On Aug 10, 2020
I think this is not really right and correct.
In the AIP letter, it stated the procedures in which application is been treated and certainly decision is usually based on the first stage for eligibility,
funds, purpose, family ties and intention. Once that is passed, the second is a general and regular routine to know about your records of health, act (criminally) and backgrounds of all checks.
Getting AIP means a lot and close to getting Visa.
Haven't heard of application been refused on the second stage. It's either straight refusal from stage 1 or to proceed to final stage. #MyOpinion
Frankrobbn1:

Wow! Just yesterday and today, this thread is already on page 209, so fast shocked shocked, what info have I missed?. I can relate how everyone is showing great happiness about the new update and the massive AIP letters going about on this platform. In all honesty, I celebrate with you guys and hope it ends favourably for you all in the later stage.

With regards to your question @Tonyodg, majority of first time applicants will definitely receive a notification from IRCC declaring that they have passed the first stage approval in principle. This is because the requirement for the first stage is basically about the applicant's proof of funds and confirmation of genuineness of acceptance letter from the DLI in Canada. The other IRCC standard visa processing assessments which includes Criminality, Overall Eligibility, Security and Information Sharing with other countries are yet to be initiated by the senior immigration officer on the applicant's application. I will probably say that its just the R10 check that has been done so far by the immigration case analyst at the High Commission of Canada, which is primarily to ensure that applicant submitted the right documents for the program (study permit) they have applied for.

Applicants should be more concerned about the second stage as there are higher chances that the visa officer at the High Commission of Canada may likely reject the application if the applicant hasn't demonstrated that they are a bonafide student to undertake the proposed program in Canada. Be properly enlightened that it is at the second stage, the Visa officer will assess the overall credibility and reasonableness of the applicant's intended program in Canada, whether or not is in tandem with their previous studies, current employment or career path/future goals. More importantly, however, the biometrics enrollment details will be used to run a background check on the applicant by the CBSA in an effort to ascertain the applicant's criminality and security status. Kindly note that it is at this second stage the Visa officer will review the entirety of the application and make a final decision. Please be advised that commencement of online classes doesn't influence the discretion of the visa officer or guarantee an applicant's application success. A visa officer can still refuse the application if the applicant doesn't meet the IRCC Act requirements for study permit issuance.

My introspective thought tells me that IRCC is using this new update (AIP letters) to lure applicants into starting their programs from their home country as they can't afford to lose international students for the fall 2020 semester. In a nutshell, let's be optimistic that everything ends well.

I hope this information is helpful to everyone.

As always, it will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 10:35am On Aug 10, 2020
If you have a good english grade, please ignore.
Once you're granted admission, the school would set up an English replacement test for you instead and it's free
bmarketing:

Hi, my eye caught this. I'm about trying to do duolingo test to get an admission. Are you saying we need none of that or ielts?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nomsy33(f): 10:39am On Aug 10, 2020
rebeccausoro:

Memorial University of Newfoundland. Department of Folklore.

The funding is from a combination of departmental base funding, SGS fellowship, and TAship.
my dear reply your mail, I need to make inquiries from you. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 10:42am On Aug 10, 2020
olasubomy:
Time 2 Soar; Thank you for your immense contribution. Please i also have a question which is similar to a question i have asked before but need to buttress my question further so i can be properly guided. I got an admit to Vancouver Island University with total estimated school fees of around 50k dollars and also go admit to University Canada West with estimated total fees of around 32k dollars. Both MBA admissions. I would like to ask if you feel strongly for me to pick one of these schools and based on the fees and if yes which one should i pick? I choose to settle for these schools basically because i dont have a GMAT score nor GRE and my overall IELTS is 6.5 but have quality years of experience, professional accounting certifications and good GPA. This question is also to the house . What do you think. I am asking should in case there is a better University i can take advantage of that i am unaware of based on what i have now. Would be expecting your response my gurus in the house. I am planning to apply for Jan or February 2021 resumption.

You don’t need ielts for Vancouver island university Cos I got admission without one albeit your transcript showing you where taught in English would suffice... and yes you don’t need GRE also.. my problem with VIU is that the fees is exasperating .. VIU fees is not for the faint hearted my opinion go for a cheaper school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 10:49am On Aug 10, 2020
Columbia college does.
What I used for my brother
Graceee:
Hello house
Please is there any canadian college that accepts Bank wire transfer (FORM A) for tuition payment.
I kept seeing FLY wire and credit card and there charges are high
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oyinlove15: 10:50am On Aug 10, 2020
What specialization are you taking on finance, marketing or leadership, if you are taking on finance they are still several schools with just msc finance, I am even surprised that you got MBA at ucw despite not having GMAT. My own point is you need to check on through the courses offer to know if you are satisfied with it you could also check LinkedIn for alumnis of both schools to ask questions. Also I noticed you said you have accounting qualifications ,if you aren't done with your Acca you could take advantage of UCW Acca pathway.
olasubomy:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 11:01am On Aug 10, 2020
I think that may be a refusal as decisions to proceed is always from the first stage considering all checks then to proceed to medicals and PC
fratermathy:
AIPs are trickling in now. I wonder if they intend to give all applicants an AIP. How will they notify applicants if their applications do no move past the first stage? Will they make them wait till after biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 11:03am On Aug 10, 2020
Spotlights:
I think this is not really right and correct.
In the AIP letter, it stated the procedures in which application is been treated and certainly decision is usually based on the first stage for eligibility,
funds, purpose, family ties and intention. Once that is passed, the second is a general and regular routine to know about your records of health, act (criminally) and backgrounds of all checks.
Getting AIP means a lot and close to getting Visa.
Haven't heard of application been refused on the second stage. It's either straight refusal from stage 1 or to proceed to final stage. #MyOpinion

I
Good morning guys,the comments by Frank is valid and we should all prayerfully approach stage 2 AIP.

See below extract from Cic site,read it deeply...... any changes is Deep!

“Stage 2: We check your application for admissibility and any changes to your eligibility

In this stage, an officer reviews your application for

a medical exam, if needed
police certificates, if needed
your biometrics
any information that changed after we reviewed your application for eligibility“

Please ensure you are still eligible after biometrics and medical....most especially POF wise, The VO will conduct a full review at stage 2 let us all be ready............may all AIP holders get final approval after review.Amen

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Qudkom(m): 11:23am On Aug 10, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Just got my AIP now

Applied : June 10

Appreciation to @Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Qudkom & every HONORABLES who has bin contributing to this forum...

To everyone waiting for approval, ur Testimony is on the Way

Congratulations and thanks for the mention.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:29am On Aug 10, 2020
Mummy4life1:
can my husband apply for his own school too.

2.2 in Banking and finance

This is wat u will do, apply for admission den visa. You will take your child with u , finally wen you land, your husband can apply for spousal work permit to join you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 11:45am On Aug 10, 2020
Esekaris1:

Village land ke grin Lol ...please how best can I approach this sponsorship so it can be strong at least... Sent you a mail.thanks.

Do you want to buy land in Banana Island when you are still looking for proof of fund?

The sponsorship is not hard. Show the money and relationship to your sponsor. It is best if your sponsor is your parent Or siblings. If otherwise, provide prof of how you are related.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
@frankrobbn1.
I reason with your points and at the same time, I am bringing to your notice that my brother was refused SP January 2020 based on Family ties and not convinced he would leave canada after his studies. (A 15yr boy)

I reapplied for him on 14feb and he just got his AIP on 5th Aug even before the AIP letter, IRCC requested that he should send a notarized parents consent letter allowing him to stay with a custodian as it wasn't submitted initially, just the Canada custodian letter alone was attached and after few weeks the AIP letter came through.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DrFunmisticGlow: 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
Time2soar:

Your sister is the person that knows why she settled for the three private universities, there are other schools like MUN and UNB that have better reputation and also cheaper than these three private universities.

The second options TWU is preferable of these three and tuition is $35,000 not $41,000
she applied to one of those schools mentioned but was rejected because she graduated with a 2:2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jjerryola(f): 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=92651979]
In Addition,

Check the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
dayjeee:
Thank you for your input sir. Will Going for ordinary diploma in mgt course raise red flag as per career progression? Since i dont have a background in mgt, is a must i do Pgd or i can do ordinary diploma?

Hello Dayjeee,

If there is no clear reason or intention on why you chose a Diploma ahead of a Master or PGD/C after a B.sc, then stay clear. Its important to be able to demonstrate that the program choice is a progression whether a Diploma, Advance Diploma, PGD/C, Master or Ph.D.

Settling for a program that doesn't show progression isn't impossible to secure a visa with it but the chances maybe slim and requires furnishing the VO with satisfactory reasons and proven that you're a genuine student.

If you decide to go for a Management course, endeavour that you have at least some exposure or experience. This way, you can be able to make a case. If you understand your situation and have the know-how of what the Diploma program entails and its benefits, you may succeed. If not, PGD/C or a Post-Baccalaureate Diploma may just be your best bet outside Master.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
amobola:
Hi house. Quick question, is it necessary to change a document by document Wes report used for EE to a course by course report for study purpose.Though admission has been obtained from a college already but is it necessary to do it to strengthen the study visa application? Thanks

Hello Amobola,

Save yourself the time and resources. Since you already secured your admission, you won't be needing your WES evaluation report. Its not a requirement for SP route.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
Qudkom:

Congratulations and thanks for the mention.
Thanks Honorable

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95