Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155920 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:12am On Aug 18, 2020
Annettevoke:
Good morning Frank, Pls what is BVL? Will those who havent done Biometrics receive it too?
BVL - Biometrics Validity Letter

Check the link below for more details about BVL and what it SIGNIFY

https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/39#:~:text=Starting%20from%20September%202018%20until,refusal%20from%20the%20Canadian%20embassy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by osadestiny: 10:26am On Aug 18, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The University of Regina offers flexible programs that are available in three (3) different semesters (Fall, Winter and the Spring). The chances of getting an undergraduate admission strictly depends on your academic qualifications and WAEC results. If you had good grades in your WAEC with the compulsory components (English and Mathematics) not less than C6, you will be given an admission within 4 weeks.

Let me know if you have other questions.

It will end in praise.

Okay that’s fine, thank you very much for this information, it will really help. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 10:31am On Aug 18, 2020
thanks

Lekiboboe:

BVL - Biometrics Validity Letter

Check the link below for more details about BVL and what it SIGNIFY

https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/39#:~:text=Starting%20from%20September%202018%20until,refusal%20from%20the%20Canadian%20embassy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:31am On Aug 18, 2020
Annettevoke:
Good morning Frank, Pls what is BVL? Will those who havent done Biometrics receive it too?

BVL - Biometrics Validity Letter. This letter comes as a correspondence letter on your Mycic account. This letter is specifically sent to applicants who have done biometrics and informing them that their biometrics is valid for a decade for any temporary resident visa application they might have in future with IRCC. In your present situation since you've not given your biometrics details to IRCC, you will not receive this update. Although bear in mind that you will still receive this BVL letter prior to the approval of your study permit.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:38am On Aug 18, 2020
Sunshine777:
Good Morning,
Please, I need help.
Can I use the same upfront medical I got from study visa for PR (It states student on it)? I did it last month(July). Has anybody done this?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/using.asp

----------------------------------------
A medical assessment is interchangeable and can be used for other immigration categories, unless the medical officer imposed one of the following limitations on the assessment:

The most commonly used limitations are:

“Assessed as excessive demand exempt only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies under an immigration category that is no longer excessive demand exempt (e.g. the foreign national applied as sponsored spouse (FC-1) and now applies as Federal Skilled Worker)
“Assessed as Temporary Resident only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies for permanent resident status or extend his or her stay in Canada.

I did it successfully. I just wrote in my letter of explanation that I have a valid medical used for student visa and I am willing to retake if necessary. They approved my application without requesting another one. However note that your PR visa will be valid until a day before your medical expires. They may also request another one if your PR application is delayed. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:47am On Aug 18, 2020
TheCongo2:

Wow... and you didn't even invite me to your graduation angry

At least I am glad to know you have graduated. You are such an inspiration.
I am still in London. Not planning to move out of London anytime soon.

Hello, are you schooling in London. I plan to come there (Fanshawe College) this December by Gods grace when I get my approval.
How is it like there and how easy is it to transition from study to PR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 11:24am On Aug 18, 2020
Fgmp12:

C of O if it’s available. You can also upload receipt of the land purchase and deed of assignment.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Slayyy001: 11:37am On Aug 18, 2020
Fgmp12:

We don’t know when the embassy will be opened and i’m not sure about the processing time now as they are having a lot of backlogs already.
Based on their policy to stop TRV application intake by September 30, does that mean I can apply online after September 30 for student visa or it means I can’t ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2020
Hello Gurus in the house.

Kindly educate me on the below please.

Eilenora:
Hello All,

Please I need clarity on a few things.

It has been resounded here and on other threads that a 2:2 cant get you admission into a Uni in Canada right? But I just learnt of 2 people who got admission for an executive MBA programme in a University and they didnt even ask for their academic standing. The admission was based more on work experience and requires going to Canada maybe every quarter or so. Is it because it is an executive as opposed to a full time programme? What is the probability of them securing a work permit after this programme?

On the issue of finances and bank statement after submitting one's application, my friends who have been bankers for almost a decade informed me that the Embassy only verifies the authenticity of the statement and never account balance after the date of the duration in your statement. A few people have also said the same thing in previous posts. If this is really the case, why has it been sounded over and over here that one should maintain your balance and not pull out substantial funds until one's visa comes out? Can I be educated on this please? hubby was my sponsor and wants to use his funds and does not see why millions should remain in his account till eternity

Finally, does PHD require GMAT?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2020
My fellow Fanshawe intake, let us carry each other along please. Hopefully all things work out I will also be coming in December

Dameelee:

Hello, are you schooling in London. I plan to come there (Fanshawe College) this December by Gods grace when I get my approval.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TheCongo2: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dameelee:

I live in London but I didn't go to school in London.

It is a quiet and lovely City. I like it for my kids
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sunshine777: 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
Thanks for this. I have searched everywhere for this information. Wasn't looking forward to coughing up another 35K for medicals.

Osemigho:

I did it successfully. I just wrote in my letter of explanation that I have a valid medical used for student visa and I am willing to retake if necessary. They approved my application without requesting another one. However note that your PR visa will be valid until a day before your medical expires. They may also request another one if your PR application is delayed. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Snrfeji: 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hello pls I'd like to make enquires about graduate studies in memorial university of Newfoundland Canada, please is it compulsory and necessary to have a GRE scores for master's requirements?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2020
Slayyy001:

Based on their policy to stop TRV application intake by September 30, does that mean I can apply online after September 30 for student visa or it means I can’t ?
Not sure I have heard of any policies, you can apply anytime I guess. I might be wrong tho.
Or do you mean paper applications?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by usmee(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hi there,

Just to double check with you, I figured I didn't include my middle name in the previous Webform I sent which I eventually corrected but I still got a reply that the information I provided differs from the one they have on file. In my previous Webform I selected "YES" that my application is being processed in Canada.

However my question is how do I know where my Study visa application is being processed between Ghana, Kenya & Nigeria?

librangyps:

You might have sent the web form to a wrong VAC not handling your application.

If you applied from Nigeria, send to Kenya visa office.
Also cross check you filled out the form correctly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by usmee(m): 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hi guys,

I figured I didn't include my middle name in the previous Webform I sent which I eventually corrected but I still got a reply that the information I provided differs from the one they have on file. So I really don't know what to do.

Does it have to do with the question of whether my student visa application is being processed in Canada because I selected "YES"

How do I know where my Study visa application is being processed between Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria & Canada?

What could be the possible reason ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 2:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Eilenora:
My fellow Fanshawe intake, let us carry each other along please. Hopefully all things work out I will also be coming in December

Yaaay we will all meet there by Gods grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hello house
Please I’ll like to make some inquiry for my friend.

He is currently in Ireland for PGD but wants to go to Canada for his masters next year. He wrote his final exam in May.

The question is does he have to return to Nigeria before he can start his application process? Or he can apply from Ireland?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bigwayne: 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
Can someone please make this make sense to me. The Canadian High commission in India posted that they are weighing options to reopen VACS in September even with India having the potential to become the new epicenter pf the Covid-19 Virus. I am not sure why the Canadian Vacs in Nigeria are not yet opened or keeping mute on reopening plans. Does not make sense to me.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
TheCongo2:

I live in London but I didn't go to school in London.

It is a quiet and lovely City. I like it for my kids

The bolded, facts. The Congo, I hope you and the family are staying safe. God willing, in December, we should have another get together wink

Dameelee and Eilenora, there are several Nigerians living in London and several nairalanders studying in Fanshawe. I have had the privilege of physically meeting 4 of them.

Dameelee, transitioning from study to PR depends on so many factors. You will get clarity once you arrive Canada.

London is a good place and I love it. I wish you guys all the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 2:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dameelee:
Hello house

He is currently in Ireland for PGD but wants to go to Canada for his masters next year. He wrote his final exam in May.

The question is does he have to return to Nigeria before he can start his application process? Or he can apply from Ireland?

He is done with studies so I am assuming he is on work permit at the moment. He can apply right there in Ireland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Dameelee:
Hello house

It’s an online application, you can start it from anywhere in the world.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
dommakavelli:
That's true, AIP is like recieving medical request. And in this case, AIP is even way better than receiving medical request because applicants now know for sure that they have passed the eligibility test once they receive AIP.
Yes, it is not guaranteed that Visa would be approved after receiving AIP. However, if you receive AIP, it means, you are eligible for a study permit. So, their is an extremely high and significant chance that your visa would be approved. like 95% chance.
Provided your situation did not change e.g. loosing your admission without providing a new admission letter, you can only be denied a visa after AIP, if you failed admissibility requirements such as criminality, medical grounds, submitting false information or documents, and if your sponsorship changed (e.g, death of a sponsor, if you loose your scholarship and you did not provide alternative source of sponsorship, etc). I believe that if your situation changes or if you failed any of the admissibility requirements, you will not be denied right away, VO usually give applicants the opportunity to clarify things.

The question is how often does Nigerian applicants situation changes or fail admissibility requirements? Probably 1 in 1000 chances.

Of course, it is left for applicants to decide how they feel about receiving AIP but I think their's no cause for Alarm.

You can see the link for a list of reasons your application can be denied after AIP (inadmissibility reasons)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons.html

Goodluck everyone!

hello, please could you share more light about jobs in NL? preferably for an oil and gas engineer.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ysakaws1:

What about after you have been granted a visa?

You can still defer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
Thank you so much for the info (now I'm eagerly looking forward), and by Gods grace December it will be

Naijaforeigner:

The bolded, facts. The Congo, I hope you and the family are staying safe. God willing, in December, we should have another get together wink

Dameelee and Eilenora, there are several Nigerians living in London and several nairalanders studying in Fanshawe. I have had the privilege of physically meeting 4 of them.

Dameelee, transitioning from study to PR depends on so many factors. You will get clarity once you arrive Canada.

London is a good place and I love it. I wish you guys all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
usmee:
Hi there,

Just to double check with you, I figured I didn't include my middle name in the previous Webform I sent which I eventually corrected but I still got a reply that the information I provided differs from the one they have on file. In my previous Webform I selected "YES" that my application is being processed in Canada.

However my question is how do I know where my Study visa application is being processed between Ghana, Kenya & Nigeria?

Select the option that says your document is being processed OUTSIDE Canada.
If you applied from Nigeria, select Kenya office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2020
usmee:
Hi guys,

I figured I didn't include my middle name in the previous Webform I sent which I eventually corrected but I still got a reply that the information I provided differs from the one they have on file. So I really don't know what to do.

Does it have to do with the question of whether my student visa application is being processed in Canada because I selected "YES"

How do I know where my Study visa application is being processed between Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria & Canada?

What could be the possible reason ?

If your application is online, check your details name
Date of birth
Application
UCI number.

Cross check the names and make sure on the webform, the first name is actually the first name, the surname is the sure name, no commas or full stop. The date of birth is the same, the application and UCI numbers are the same

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello All,

Please I need clarity on a few things.

It has been resounded here and on other threads that a 2:2 cant get you admission into a Uni in Canada right? But I just learnt of 2 people who got admission for an executive MBA programme in a University and they didnt even ask for their academic standing. The admission was based more on work experience and requires going to Canada maybe every quarter or so. Is it because it is an executive as opposed to a full time programme? What is the probability of them securing a work permit after this programme?

On the issue of finances and bank statement after submitting one's application, my friends who have been bankers for almost a decade informed me that the Embassy only verifies the authenticity of the statement and never account balance after the date of the duration in your statement. A few people have also said the same thing in previous posts. If this is really the case, why has it been sounded over and over here that one should maintain your balance and not pull out substantial funds until one's visa comes out? Can I be educated on this please? hubby was my sponsor and wants to use his funds and does not see why millions should remain in his account till eternity

Finally, does PHD require GMAT?

Executive MBAs, like most professional course, needs your money and experience more than GPA. If a program will offer scholarship, that decision is mostly based on merit based, which high GPA is a signal of good academic performance.

Work permit is given to those whose program was mostly completed in Canada and requires a study permit.

You are advised to keep your money intact because your visa officer can request an updated bank account.

Check your program website to know its requirements, which may include GRE or GMAT.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
I just confirmed that not everyone is receiving AIP, through an associate. Some with scholarship in Canada are even rejected. For this reason, I believe AIP candidates are steps ahead. Congrats to y’all!!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
Osemigho:
I just confirmed that not everyone is receiving AIP, through an associate. Some with scholarship in Canada are even rejected. For this reason, I believe AIP candidates are steps ahead. Congrats to y’all!!!
Great
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Osemigho:

They don't seem to be informing those with rejections about their status. That is why we have a unbalanced view of the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
Interesting!
Would you say people with upfront medicals and has been updated to Medical passed, can still be denied?
fratermathy:

They don't seem to be informing those with rejections about their status. That is why we have a unbalanced view of the situation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.