Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155486 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
rebeccausoro:

I have been able to do it! Booked for Monday grin grin grin grin

This was fast. People are not just calming down. 600yrs of fruitfulness in Canada for all TRV applicants.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
Oluwatosin2000:

Is accommodation included?

Nope not sure, you can contact the school to ask more details.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
NerdoInnocentia:

Thanks
I hope the appointment is really valid
I hope xo too, cos at least there should be a response instantly or almost instantly one sent that webform mail.

What I don't know is, if it ain't a bad idea to still register and book online even though one have booked through e-mail.

Cos those who booked online got a Date , & Time Scheduled for their Appointment

Hopefully by 12am till 6am, the server gonna be less busy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NerdoInnocentia(f): 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

I hope xo too, cos at least there should be a response instantly or almost instantly one sent that webform mail.

What I don't know is, if it ain't a bad idea to still register and book online even though one have booked through e-mail.

Cos those who booked online got a Date , & Time Scheduled for their Appointment

Hopefully by 12am till 6am, the server gonna be less busy

I'll wait the 4Hours. If I don't get an email or sms as they said I'll try the online method again.
This thing is really stressful!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
NerdoInnocentia:

I'll wait the 4Hours. If I don't get an email or sms as they said I'll try the online method again.

I got the confirmation email immediately I booked online.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
NerdoInnocentia:

lol the people confirming it are at home na cheesy
Isn’t it human beings again Confirming it , give it time
Don’t stress yourself so much you booked already they would send confirmations to we various individuals

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
Olashore09:
I want to share my position and possibly get advice and opinion. I currently have admission into a college and the classes have started and I opted to start classes online, which I have on 3rs of August. I have not applied to ircc, I am just planning to do that. I have paid 50% of my tuition. I'm stuck with proof of funds. I have a lump sum and I don't want to dump it into my account once. In fact my online head ache is how to go about my pof

Hello Olashore09,

This isn't a calculated risk but a blind one. It maybe wise to defer before online classes takeoff just to stay safe and to secure your funds. Its less than 30 days to September 15th when the set date for receiving the two steps approval becomes elapsed for Fall applicants. Still, the uncertainty of filing your application is unclear. Kindly do the needful.

As for your funds, waiting to break it in piecemeal will be time consuming which isn't totally to your favour. The lump sum can be tagged to reasons of property sale, business, investment, goodwill benefit coupled with well-supplied evidence.

Modified: I missed the excerpt you mentioned classes has started. If you've not yet registered for courses, see how you can advise your school to defer your admission, If they will agree to it.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
Esekaris1:
Hello guys please I want to inquire is there any need to apply for a study leave letter at where you did once did an internship but you have completed the internship after which you were given an offer of employment and it states that you are expected to resume the new position after masters after your masters. My boss said there's no need, I just want to be sure.

Hello Esekaris1,

I understand from your post that you've not yet resumed. However, I will still render my opinion with the two perspectives below;

If you've not resumed your duties, get a reference letter advising the VO of the job security and strongly describing the official set date to join the coy prior after your study in Canada.

But if you've resumed your duties, get a leave and reference letter.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dips04: 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
Good evening guys
You all have been doing a great job here.
I am sorry if I will be pulling you back with my question, can a 3rd class degree holder be admitted directly for MSc in Canada and if not what other options do a 3rd class degree holder have.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
booked for wednesday. fingers crossed!

i hope it's not audio booking cheesy. Is their office open? make dem do o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

hello, please how do i go about that? and since no information have been updated on my profile is it still okay to get GCMS? frankrobbn1
justmellow

Hello NwanyiOkpa,

Its advised. For those who don't have someone that can get the notes on their behalf normally use the service of third party agencies via their respective websites. We are forbidden to promote any commercial site in here, and thus, can't directly refer any but you will be able to get some couples via google search.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
NerdoInnocentia:

Exactly what I will do too, but I saw a page acknowledging that I have submitted it.

Incase you experience difficulty filling the web form, kind fill in your phone number as normal instead of (+234)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mazeb: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
Please I need help, I just found about now after booking for my Biometrics for August 24th that my name is not showing correctly in my Biometric letter. E.g. Full name is Obi Tony Agu, but my letter is showing Obi Agu Agu. I submitted application since July 4th and I am just noticing it.

Account name on my profile is showing the correct name but on the status where it shows that I have read all my messages, I am seeing Obi Agu Agu (that is 1st name and surname twice)

Someone kindly advice me on how to rectify it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dips04:
Good evening guys
I am sorry if I will be pulling you back with my question, can a 3rd class degree holder be admitted directly for MSc in Canada and if not what other options do a 3rd class degree holder have.
Not possible,

Minimum requirements for M.SC in CANADA is 2.1

The only option a 3rd class holder has is is to apply to a college in a PG. Cert program related to his/her fmr. Degree (B.SC) for career progression purpose
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dips04:
Good evening guys

Impossible.. a PGD is your best bet. A PGD in a course related to your bsc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
mazeb:
Please I need help, I just found about now after booking for my Biometrics for August 24th that my name is not showing correctly in my Biometric letter. E.g. Full name is Obi Tony Agu, but my letter is showing Obi Agu Agu. I submitted application since July 4th and I am just noticing it.

Account name on my profile is showing the correct name but on the status where it shows that I have read all my messages, I am seeing Obi Agu Agu (that is 1st name and surname twice)

Someone kindly advice me on how to rectify it.

This is what you can do... Tomorrow, go sign an affidavit of name stating your real name and date of birth as it is in your application status and international passport. On the day of the biometrics, pls go with both documents. If the error is also in your visa application portal, all you need to do is after the biometrics, send the affidavit via webform notifying them of the error and the affidavit has the correct name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
Your lawyer should be able to advise you better on this.

quote author=OluwaFavored post=93029551]Hi House,

To the experience gurus here,

my SP was denied on 21 July with a single reason
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the
purpose of your visit.

I applied for a judicial review through a lawyer I was introduced to, but I didn't know judicial review take long time to conclude.

Now, I'm thinking re-applying but not sure if I can do that while the judicial review appeal is ongoing and not concluded yet.

Please, what do you think?

1. Wait for the review appeal to conclude? but this may not be against this fall 2020 according to the lawyer and my program does not have a Spring/Winter start, it also cannot be differed. I will have to reapply against Fall 2021. Its a very competitive program.

2. Withdraw the review request and reapply afresh for SP with maybe an affidavits that I will be returning home after my program since the only concern is my leaving Canada after my program. Again, get a certificate of enrollment from my school to add.

3. Lastly, do everything in #2 above but without withdrawing the review request.

Please, advise, so that I can take the steps before it is late. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mazeb: 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Anon123:

This is what you can do... Tomorrow, go sign an affidavit of name stating your real name and date of birth as it is in your application status and international passport. On the day of the biometrics, pls go with both documents. If the error is also in your visa application portal, all you need to do is after the biometrics, send the affidavit via webform notifying them of the error and the affidavit has the correct name

Court or Notary Public
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
mazeb:

Court or Notary Public

Court preferably
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
rebeccausoro:
Has anyone been able to book for biometrics. I'm finding it difficult to do so.

how did you know that booking has started? lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
some of us have booked ours already. i have mine for monday.
NwanyiOkpa:

how did you know that booking has started? lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2020
Sanovsky007:
some of us have booked ours already. i have mine for monday.

i have booked too.

Thanks a lot. 25th Aug.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hello guys!

I applied for my Study permit on the 16th of June and didn't get any update on my application until I ordered for my GCMS notes 15 days ago.

I just received the notes now to discover that I FAILED the eligibility review done on the 17th of July, 2020.

Part of the reasons for the denial includes ; no travel history and inadequate funds, weak family ties.

I acknowledge that I do not have any travel history and was single when I did the application (married now though). I will defer my admission and use the next 6 months to get travel experience and increase my POF and then reapply again. Unfortunately, my course can only be started in the fall term, so I will be defering to Fall 2021.

I am pained but not discouraged. We will do this once again.

I am grateful to everyone for the knowledge I have gotten from this forum.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
hello house.

congratulations to all those who got AIP recently. a big thank you to Frank, Justmellow, Lekiboboe and all those who have a great source of information.

please has anyone used western union business solutions to pay their tuition fees? what rates do they use ?

which bank accepts and processes it as my accounts officer in Zenith said he has not heard of it before.

lastly, who is in University of Ottawa let’s connect.

all the best to everyone waiting for good news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mazeb: 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
Anon123:

Court preferably

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

I applied for my Study permit on the 16th of June and didn't get any update on my application until I ordered for my GCMS notes 15 days ago.

I just received the notes now to discover that I FAILED the eligibility review done on the 17th of July, 2020.

Part of the reasons include for the denial includes ; no travel history and inadequate funds, weak family ties.

I acknowledge that I do not have any travel history and was single when I did the application (married now though). I will defer my admission and use the next 6 months to get travel experience and increase my POF and then reapply again. Unfortunately, my course can only be started in the fall term, so I will be defering to Fall 2021.

So sorry for the delay, The Lord is your strength.
I said something about these people not updating us all on the latest on our App. I feel most of the decisions have already been made but they just don’t want to let it out yet so people wouldn’t rush to apply again and then they will be having more backlogs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
I have tried severally to book my appointment online to no avail so I have used the email option and awaiting a confirmation via email. Got the same account locked message others received when trying online. Hoping I can get biometrics over and done with so we know our fate with regards to the 2nd stage of the approval process. #anxietyoverload. It will all end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

Part of the reasons include for the denial includes ; no travel history and inadequate funds, weak family ties.

please direct me on how you got yours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

so sorry...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

Sorry for the sad update.. As for the bolded, you dont need to travel to get travel experience, people have gotten approvals with virgin passports. Travel history isnt a denial reason but more like a default setting for VOs..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

YOU are getting it on your next trial. God bless you for not giving up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
I don't want you be discouraged, denial is part of the process.
Be strong and hopeful in your next try.

No bad feelings! Just try and cover as many lapses as you could in your next app.

Success is certain next

Nwannediutor:
Hello guys!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.