Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161576 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:04am On Aug 31, 2020
olasubomy:
Good morning my egbons and gurus and thanks to everyone for your contribution on this forum, i have gained alot.

Thanks also to those who encouraged me to apply for my study permit myself and not use agents, i have started oo and please expect plenty questions from me. smiley smiley smiley

3, While filling the form IMM1294 ( Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada) The instructions says " to give details of our employment for the past 10 years" There was only section to fill three employments Is there any need to fill another IMM1294 as additional documents to fill the remaining two places i worked and if yes, how do i go about it considering my only + addition is the employment part?

My gurus and egbons in the house, I will await your answers to my four enquiries above.

Have a blessed day ahead.

Having read the contributions of @Fgmp12 and @Justmellow which are absoultely valid, I would like to chip in my suggestion based on the question 3 with hope that anyone who find themselves in the same situation can also make the most of it.

Now, while filling the form IMM1294 ( Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada) and you found out that the required spaces provided is not sufficient to cover for your ten (10) years work experiences. All you have to do is to merge both work experiences you have had in the past, the names of the companies and the duration contemporaneously so you can fulfil the instructions given on the form.

For instance, if you have worked for Mr. A company from 2012 to 2015 and at the same worked for Mr. B company from 2015 to 2016. And presently working for Mr. C company from 2016 to present. You can combine the previous companies i.e (Mr. A company/Mr. B company) as the employer in the form and simultaneously the duration spent as (2012 to 2016). While leaving the present company (Mr. C company as the first and stand alone firm in the history).

I have personally implemented this on several applications with vast working experiences and the applications were successful. More importantly, however, I will also advice you include a copy of your resume/CV to provide better clarity to what have been filled on your study permit form.

I hope this information is helpful to anyone who finds themselves in the same situation.

It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 10:08am On Aug 31, 2020
Excluding living expenses.. We were talking of tuition na
Damian457:
thanks.
Including living expenses right?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:14am On Aug 31, 2020
Dameelee:
Please how long does it usually take for the passport to be returned after you submit it?
Someone told me it takes months?

Apparently, it takes months for passport send off due to the effect of the novel COVID-19 pandemic. On a normal condition before the pandemic, it doesn't exceed 3 weeks.

It will end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:21am On Aug 31, 2020
Wilpert2:
Good day everyone, I am Currently studying in Russia for my bachelors degree.
Is it possible for me to process my student visa from here or I have to come back to Nigeria ?
I want to leave Russia because of the language difference and I plan studying law in Canada.

If you have a valid work permit, study visa or a permanent resident holder in Russia. I would advise that you should apply for your study permit from Russia and get an expedited processing times with lower visa officer's scrutiny on your file.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by donmanuel1: 10:26am On Aug 31, 2020
Which university in Canada accepts 2.2.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:28am On Aug 31, 2020
Nastan:
Dear good people of Nairaland, please I was offered admission by Cape Breton University into Baccalaureate Diploma Business Analytics, commencing this fall. But I already have Msc in Insurance and Risk Management.

Will the VO see it as progression or regression or should I apply for another Masters program. I am currently working with a financial institution.

Please I need your advise and any useful resources that will be of help.

Save your yourself the stress, the time, the money and energy and apply for a second master's that is not related to your first masters in Insurance and Risk Management. My reasons being that its much more achievable to bring up reasonable points as to why you're going for a second masters than a PGD. A post Baccalaureate diploma would not be feasible in your case as you're going for a program that is lower than your already completed degree and as such the visa officer will see you as a potential emigrant who is using study permit to facilitate relocation to Canada rather than educational advancement.

All things considered, you can also explore your chances of emigrating successfully to Canada as a permanent resident by calculating your CRS score to know if you qualify to enter the EE pool.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2020
donmanuel1:
Which university in Canada accepts 2.2.

Check Laurentian University and Memorial University of Newfoundland you may be considered for admission with a 3.45 CGPA. Though your chances are very slim. Better still go for a PGD in a field that is directly related to your speciality.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2020
bisolaemilia:
Hi Guys,

Please I am trying to order my gcms notes from gcms buddy..But I see there are different order types, should I go for the GCMS basic, GCMS Basic with explanation report or GCMS/CBSA Notes Explanation Report..

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you m

GCMS Basic is fine. Go for it. This will provide the electronic notes of the visa officer and enable us know the current state of your application at the visa office in Nairobi.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anndav(f): 11:02am On Aug 31, 2020
Thanks.....that is relief

VAC have started dispatching passports that are in their custody back to applicant's mailing address. I know someone who got his passport returned to him last week. Did you pay for any courier service charge after the submission of your passport? if yes, then i would advise that you should keep sending emails to the embassy while you CC: the VAC until your query has been attended to. At this present time, your passport is still with the visa office in Nairobi.

It will end in praise.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 11:03am On Aug 31, 2020
Hello house, what is the price and location for medicals in Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 11:03am On Aug 31, 2020
Please house whats the implication when your application changes from your action is required to submitted and i have not given my biometrics. This change occurred on 20th august and i applied july 13th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Wilpert2: 11:19am On Aug 31, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

If you have a valid work permit, study visa or a permanent resident holder in Russia. I would advise that you should apply for your study permit from Russia and get an expedited processing times with lower visa officer's scrutiny on your file.

It will end in praise.

Yes I have a valid resident permit because I am a student here. I came with student visa. I pray and hope it’s end praise. Canada is my dream country.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 11:53am On Aug 31, 2020
Bestvibe2020:
Good morning Nairalanders.
Please for people going to conestoga college, how long does it take to defer a programme.
Written the school about a week ago and there has been no response up until now.
Is there somebody else I am supposed to email..
Mine took 3weeks.
One thing you should consider while waiting is the competitive level of the course you applied for. There's a class capacity per intake, tho I don't think yours if filled but it sometimes add to why there might be a delay. if you've paid the Acceptance Fee then no cause for alarm.

In all, just be patient you'll get the new LOA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Save your yourself the stress, the time, the money and energy and apply for a second master's that is not related to your first masters in Insurance and Risk Management. My reasons being that its much more achievable to bring up reasonable points as to why you're going for a second masters than a PGD. A post Baccalaureate diploma would not be feasible in your case as you're going for a program that is lower than your already completed degree and as such the visa officer will see you as a potential emigrant who is using study permit to facilitate relocation to Canada rather than educational advancement.

All things considered, you can also explore your chances of emigrating successfully to Canada as a permanent resident by calculating your CRS score to know if you qualify to enter the EE pool.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

It will end in praise.

@Frankrobbn1 thank you for coming through. Please what if I choose not to declare that I already have a Master's, will there be any implication? Note that my employer has given me a letter of introduction, and I think a qualification in Business Analytics as a banker will be seen by VO as upscaling my skill set.
Meanwhile are there affordable schools for Masters in Business Analytics or Financial Analytics that I can apply for now?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Do u think it's progressive? If yes, make the VO see it like u see it.. I'm guessing u know which it is, before u made ur choice. Pls check this school well o, are you sure that u can get PGWP with it?

Please is there a DLI that one cannot get PGWP with? How do check it if that's the case?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
Tonyodg:
last I checked the date was sept 23rd
Try and book now cause my now it’s going to October

Okay thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hello @frankrobbn.

I did upfront medicals and submitted my appliction since July 14. Up till now my medicals has still not reflected despite several emails and web forms attaching the e medical slip.You said not to send any more of these so I am anxiously waiting for my CIC log in page to be updated. I already have AIP since August 5. Do I need to order GCMS notes for this as previously suggested by another moniker?

While researching, i read that during stage 2 of the approval process (having now done biometrics), they will check if there has been a change in your eligibilty from when your AIP was initially issued. So with the Naira appreciating against the dollar, hubby decided to liquidate all his investments and monies in Naira accounts, purchased dollars and kept in his dorm account. Now wondering if there will be a problem if they look into my proof of funds again in Stage 2 only to realise that there are no monies in the statements i submitted with my application (although research and enquiries again shows that they cant check past the last date of the statement submitted with your application hence they can never know your account balance as at today). My qstn is if I should be proactive in sending them a new bank statement of the dorm account reflecting the dollars purchased and deposited or I should wait until they ask for an updated statement? I read in previous page that a lot of times the Nigerian embassy here stil looks into proof of funds after the study permit has been issued and before PPR hence my qstn

Finally, can you kindly direct me to the link for how to secure admission for phd? this is not for me but for a friend

Many thanks

Can you also kindly advise

Frankrobbn1:

IRCC has clearly stated that they will not reject any in process application for non-compliance of documents. Your application will NOT be rejected after the stipulated 30 days period given to you to complete your medical exam. As a matter of fact, they will systematically extend the deadline.

Please resend a copy of the E-medical slip via this email - nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Keep me posted should your Mycic account changes.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Ckechi:

Okay thanks.
lagos is now sept 28 and Abuja sept 8/9
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nastan:

Please is there a DLI that one cannot get PGWP with? How do check it if that's the case?

Yeah some schools don't offer PGWP eligible programs.

You have nothing to worry about in your case. To the best of my knowledge, Cape Breton offers PGWP eligible programs.

However, do confirm yourself in the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html#wb-auto-29
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
jubrilx:
Hello house, what is the price and location for medicals in Abuja?
Price - #46,500

Address: No. 55, Hassan Musa Katsina Road ( at the junction of Hassan Musa Katsina Road and J-K Gadzama Street), Asokoro, Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thoyesh: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
Hello guys, for a masters degree in canada, when applying for a study visa, do we need to show sufficient funds for the entire 2years stay or just the first year alone like its done in the US?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thoyesh:
Hello guys, for a masters degree in canada, when applying for a study visa, do we need to show sufficient funds for the entire 2years stay or just the first year alone like its done in the US?
Thanks

Just 1 year and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
Nastan:

Yes there are so many.. U'll find it on CIC website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2020
silvamania:
Good morning,

Please I want to confirm something . Am about to submit my applications . I have two bank accounts (salary and savings). The savings account has enough funds to cater for my tuition fee, living expenses and I can still take like 3K CAD for flight itineraries while the Salary is just having like 150k inside

Am self sponsored going for a one year MBA

Is it compulsory for me to include the salary or I can just include my payslips and other office documents ?

Please advice . Thank you

If you profile indicates paid employment you should include your salary statement of account but if your profile indicates business, there is not need for the salary statement of account

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
Just one year is stated, but i like to think that they'll want to see how the subsequent years will be settled.. So of u're self sponsored, try to show for the duration and if sponsored by someone,
they should know s/he will still be capable.. Cheers

Thoyesh:
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mrkingz: 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thanks JustMellow.

Please, is it safer to WAIT till the funds transferred to my salary account from my sponsor STAYS at least 4 MONTHS before submitting my Study Visa application? I am trying to avoid creating a scenario of "suspicion" where it's like funds was dumped into the account in view of visa application - especially when this will be the 1st time such an amount has ever entered the account..

I thought someone else with similar question could get an answer, thus my asking this in public space.

To other gurus, your feedback and thread links will do us a huge good.

Much respect.
JustMellow:

Hello Mrkingz,

If you've already gotten your LOA., you can decide to put it in 6 months prior to the program start date whilst you gather more information and source for the required documents during the time waiting period. I have as well responded to your PM.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
mrkingz:
Thanks JustMellow.

Please, is it safer to WAIT till the funds transferred to my salary account from my sponsor STAYS at least 4 MONTHS before submitting my Study Visa application? I am trying to avoid creating a scenario of "suspicion" where it's like funds was dumped into the account in view of visa application - especially when this will be the 1st time such an amount has ever entered the account..

I thought someone else with similar question could get an answer, thus my asking this in public space.

To other gurus, your feedback and thread links will do us a huge good.

Much respect.

If the money is from your sponsor with a letter of sponsorship, there is no need to wait.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by eightyeight: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
Has anyone seen this. Someone got refusal even after getting AIP

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2020
eightyeight:
Has anyone seen this. Someone got refusal even after getting AIP

What kind of dance do we dance to these tunes��

Please was he already asked to go for medical or no medical request yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
Has any July applicant received passport request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FariDk67: 2:05pm On Aug 31, 2020
Thanks to everyone here,I have done my biometrics today and it's remaining my medicals..hope I get to rejoice at the end of it all

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sanovsky007(m): 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2020
If IRCC don't respond this week, I feel a lot of applicants will definetely withdraw or defer their admission.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.