Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1165824 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
Hello House,
Is there anyone who did upfront medical on August 22, 2020 at QLife after submitting online application (but before medical request from IRCC) whose IRCC status has reflected positively?
I did my upfront medical on said day and notified IRCC via web form (they acknowledged receipt of eMedical sheet 7 days later and said they have forwarded to relevant visa office and advised I notify Nairobi visa office where my file is). I have called QLife and they confirmed uploading my medical to e Medical on August 29, 2020.

My timeline for Spring (May) 2021 admission
Applied online on July 21, 2020
BIL On July 21, 2020
Biometrics done on August 24, 2020 ( reflected on my IRCC profile "Biometrics Completed"wink
Upfront medical done on August 22, 2020.

What next? Gurus @FrankRobbn, @Lekiboboe @rebeccausoro @Osemigho etc come to my aid with advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
MadeMan01:
Hello House,
Is there anyone who did upfront medical on August 22, 2020 at QLife after submitting online application (but before medical request from IRCC) whose IRCC status has reflected positively?
I did my upfront medical on said day and notified IRCC via web form (they acknowledged receipt of eMedical sheet 7 days later and said they have forwarded to relevant visa office and advised I notify Nairobi visa office where my file is). I have called QLife and they confirmed uploading my medical to e Medical on August 29, 2020.

BIL On July 21, 2020
Biometrics done on August 24, 2020 ( reflected on my IRCC profile "Biometrics Completed"wink

What next? Gurus @FrankRobbn, @Lekiboboe @rebeccausoro @Osemigho etc come to my aid with advice
Apart from the e-medical sheet you sent to IRCC Nairobi through Webform , did you also send the e-medical sheet to CIC Nairobi Kenya E-mail?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Apart from the e-medical sheet you sent to IRCC Nairobi through Webform , did you also send the e-medical sheet to CIC Nairobi Kenya E-mail?

Yes I did just as I was advised by IRCC two days ago when they replied me to:

nairobi@international.gc.ca and
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Both e mails I got from the IRCC page

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
MadeMan01:
Hello House,

BIL On July 21, 2020

Just give them some time. They are working with limited capacity now. They'll definitely update it soon. Relax.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 1:07pm On Sep 02, 2020
Dameelee:
Please did any of these people defer their admission?

No. We are starting online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
Annettevoke:
my timeline
Applied may 4th
medical request - july 22nd
medical passed - august 5th
done biometrics- completed - august 24th
NO AIP? WHY?
can someone share their thought cos doesnt sound well to me since other May applicants are getting AIP after medical request but i didnt get.

Just relax. Your AIP will come or maybe even a PPR direct. If you got your medical request, it means that the VO found you eligible. They won't ask you to spend money on medicals if you aren't eligible. If you've raised a CSE already, just be patient. If not, raise one. In the mean time, you can order your GCMS notes.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Austacus: 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
Please we have to change this idea that CANADA is using your fees to save their economy. This is a big insult to Canada.

For Christ sake CANADA is a developed country. They have many ways of of making money and the number one is taxation. Any country that do taxes like Canada and England can never go broke. They have so many natural resources that they don't even touch. If you go to a territory as a tourist in YUKON you are allowed to pick gold for free. Canada makes bombardier and electric train, they have beautiful tourist attraction like honeymoon capital of the world, they have wonderland etc those places bring serious money to the country. Cause tourist comes and spends heavily then leave the country Unlike students.

The money they dish out to their citizens and refugees monthly asides from CERB is way more than the total amount that are coming From international students.

It's an insult if anyone feels Canada is using international students to save their economy. It's just like saying this to the states.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 1:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
Mobi22:

Please what's going on with May applicants, even me too i applied in May

I really don't know. The May applicants I know have all gotten their AIPs.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:13pm On Sep 02, 2020
MadeMan01:

Yes I did just as I was advised by IRCC two days ago when they replied me to:

nairobi@international.gc.ca and
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Both e mails I got from the IRCC page
Ok, since they have acknowledged you, eerything seems fine. Do wait patiently and stay hopeful.

By the way,
did Q-life notify u in the clinic that you can get a copy of your medical reports (HIV, Syphillis & Creatinine test) excluding Doctors Report?

With this you can be able to know if your medical result is on point & good to go.

IOM Lagos do give medical report if an applicant request for it.
I did request for mine from IOM Lagos through mail, and 24hrs later it was sent to me.
So on the day of my BIOMETRICS, 3-hrs later after doing the BIOMETRICS, I just checked my profile to access the Biometric update and I got a notification "MEDICAL PASSED"

So you can contact Q-Life if they do such

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 1:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Ok, since they have acknowledged you, eerything seems fine. Do wait patiently and stay hopeful.

By the way,
did Q-life notify u in the clinic that you can get a copy of your medical reports (HIV, Syphillis & Creatinine test) excluding Doctors Report?

With this you can be able to know if your medical result is on point & good to go.

IOM Lagos do give medical report if an applicant request for it.
I did request for mine from IOM Lagos through mail, and 24hrs later it was sent to me.
So on the day of my BIOMETRICS, 3-hrs later after doing the BIOMETRICS, I just checked my profile to access the Biometric update and I got a notification "MEDICAL PASSED"

So you can contact Q-Life if they do such

Yes I did enquire about getting copy of it, but QLife said I have to pay for it. So I boned them and am looking out for the passed update on my profile. I may send them a mail later this week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by yorex2011: 1:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Good morning,
As per connection/Link, NO I DON'T, but I can remember the Officer who attended to me,

U can send me a PM on that
Though u will still pay for it (#5k to #10K)

By the way,

Sometimes last year or early this year, I can remember someone posted the details of an Officer here in the Forum which I had the screenshot, though I wasn't able to get across to her

POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE

Address: Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex Alagbon Close Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone : 08051794949, 08081772907
Name - Officer Hassan R. Oluwafunke
Cost : N3,000
(Note: things have changed since that time, so expect to pay more than that)

Also note that some kinda street wise stunt can be essential in the aspect of Negotiation wink

Hi, please does this certificate also come with your biometric info page (fingerprints et al). Actually need to submit fingerprints for a background check I'm doing an wondering if I should do it with the police or just look for anyplace that my fingerprints can be captured. I'm just thinking that the police might carry more weight than other places I could do this...

Note that it's a UK agency requiring the fingerprints
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
MadeMan01:

Yes I did enquire about getting copy of it, but QLife said I have to pay for it. So I boned them and am looking out for the passed update on my profile. I may send them a mail later this week
Like Seriously,

Let me Assume its cos of the Price,

"Medical Report for Applicant fee" might have not bin budgeted for the #35K Q-life Charges, probably that's why they asked you to pay for it.
Where as,
IOMHAC that charges #46,500 might have added the "Medical Report for Applicant fee" in the amount they charge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
jayrouce:

You can send an email to the nairobi office.

email: nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

SubjectL UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT (e-medical information sheet) FOR MY APPLICATION

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this mail meets you well.

My name is ******* state your full names***********.

I am contacting you with regards to an UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT I did on *****date the medical exam was done******.

Please upload this additional document for my medical exam and attach it to my application.

My Application Number is ********** and my UCI number is ******** .

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

**********your full names************

Credit: From this family.

Thanks �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
yorex2011:

Hi, please does this certificate also come with your biometric info page (fingerprints et al). Actually need to submit fingerprints for a background check I'm doing an wondering if I should do it with the police or just look for anyplace that my fingerprints can be captured. I'm just thinking that the police might carry more weight than other places I could do this...

Note that it's a UK agency requiring the fingerprints
No it doesn't,

As suggested, I think the one from the POLICE would carry more weight

Do await more response in this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Minah2020: 1:53pm On Sep 02, 2020
jayrouce:
Hello lovely people.

Good morning. I appreciate everyone for the guidance and help rendered so far.

This is supposed to be like a family where we share in happiness and sadness of everyone.

It saddens me to see us trying to prove points. Everyone is entitled to their views and let us not fight on matters that even the schools and IRCC seem to still be debating on. They usually give generic information on high level basis.

As you guys have said, let the GCMS speak and we should all be open minded on this matter.

We should not throw shades at one another and tomorrow meet in Canada and hate on one another.

We need more friends and do not want to convert friends to foes.

Have a productive week guys.

This is my birth month and I use that as a point of contact for new things (good news) for everyone.

On a lighter note, for all the people throwing chairs at one another here, I go invite una on my birthday to come eat and drink (no alchohol for you if you will continue to fight) grin grin grin cheesy wink

Much love guys.

It's my birth month also.. In advance to us. Cheers ����� cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2020
We are in the same shoes. though I got my medical report from Qlife and it shows passed. Still yet to reflect same on my cic page
MadeMan01:
Hello House,

BIL On July 21, 2020

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The people that have been approved of their study permit applied long before the invention of the AIP. These set of applications was submitted to IRCC in Jan, Feb, March, and April. It was due to the travel restrictions of Canada, the visa officer didn't initiate a passport request. It was clearly stated on several GCMS notes I recently vetted. Consequently, my standpoints have never been contradictory as you perceive it and be advised that I'm not trying to put any doubtful conception on people's mind.

I may not be patient enough to continue debating with you on this matter as you may have limited insight about the current situation.

It will end in praise.

sir robbn, I am very worried now. I am in my third month of waiting.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2020
Hello all,

I did upfront medicals in January but applied in July, attaching my e-medical slip but I still don't have an update on my portal. Is there something I should do?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Eilenora:
We are in the same shoes. though I got my medical report from Qlife and it shows passed. Still yet to reflect same on my cic page

Let's give them time. I feel if one has got acknowledgement from web form, it will ultimately be updated. Also send to visa office in charge
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by yorex2011: 2:44pm On Sep 02, 2020
Lekiboboe:

No it doesn't,

As suggested, I think the one from the POLICE would carry more weight

Do await more response in this

Oh ok thanks. I assumed that the form that was filled with your data and fingerprints, a copy could be gotten and sent to the agency.

Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2020
Please can anyone help with these?
heidepaper:
Good morning,
1) please can I use a letter of allocation to show proof of land (with a house on it)? The deed of agreement between the estate and the owner of the land is 15 pages, this would take up a lot of space.
2) Can the agency handling the rent of a house write a letter stating how much they receive on the house? If yes, can someone please help with directions or a sample for the letter? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
MadeMan01:
Hello House,

BIL On July 21, 2020

Relax. Come on. You submit and want a La la response ? But I know one thing, you will get Your Visa.
You picked May 2021 session. Come rain, come sun. This covid should have gone low or countries must have pushed for things to go back to old times.
They have enough time for them to do background checks on you and more.
Put a on blind eye on this now, do something else.
It will come man.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 4:05pm On Sep 02, 2020
ConradAce1:

Relax. Come on. You submit and want a La la response ? But I know one thing, you will get Your Visa.
You picked May 2021 session. Come rain, come sun. This covid should have gone low or countries must have pushed for things to go back to old times.
They have enough time for them to do background checks on you and more.
Put a on blind eye on this now, do something else.
It will come man.

Thank you for the positive words.
I take solace in them grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2020
I submitted since 19th July but no show.... I already ordered for GCMS.... Do the same and pray always.

milkytins:
Can one request for GCMS note for this status:

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Submission date: July 22nd.

Few people that submitted application after this date have received AIP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
BlegendE:
Orientation #Saskatchewan starting soonest

Nice. McGill finished orientation last week smiley.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2020
demiiii:
Is this really possible, What will be your excuse for deferring at 50% of your program?

Hello Demiiii,

Currently, IRCC has introduced three changes to the rules guiding online studies, more like upgraded. One of the new implementation is that students for May 2020 that deferred to September and the September intakes are allowed to complete their entire studies online and still be eligible for a PGWP. This is whether the online studies was completed abroad or in Canada.

I don't think personally, that deferring the other 50% of the online studies prior after the first still makes such student eligible for a PGWP. As before now, a personal scheduled break that isn't with the school's academic calendar, makes the student ineligible for it. I believe that the three updated IRCC guidelines/rules made this clear.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
mrkingz:
Thank you JustMellow.
1. the thing is my savings account has not seen so much traffic of cash as compared to my salary account. That is why im thinking having the gift-deed cash sent to my salary account would be ''safer'' for me as compared to my savings account. what do you think?

2. should the LOE, GIFT DEED letter from sponsor be notarised?

Much respect!

Hello Mrkingz,

I see no need for the Deed Gift from your sponsor. It would be good if the said funds that will be committed by sponsor towards your study be addressed in the Letter of Sponsorship and likewise in your SOP. The issue of lump sum deposit should be given clarity in both letters.

Since your salary account has more activities, then stick with it. If possible include payslips.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nastan:
Please are there universities Canada that don't require GMAT/GRE for Masters in Business related courses?

Kindly assist if there's any.

Check M.BA at Thompson Rivers University, British Columbia
Source:
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/145#91625045

-Uni De Montreal, Canada
M.sc Business in Business Administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2020
AIP only is not a sure guarantee for final approval as boldly spelt out by IRCC. But AIP with MER is almost a confirmation of receiving a positive decision.

All that is done here as regard to AIP including mine are mere speculations based on individual research and observations which may or not be in favour of our laid theory. Hence may make us say you were wrong and I was right. I don't know but I think nobody can authoritatively say a gotten information was shared by a VO in confidence to the person's discretion.

So, it may not be right to use too many definite words when sharing certain information especially in regards to this AIP thingy whether you are very sure or not. If anyone has taken time out to read from IRCC website, therein, you may realize the reason why IRCC uses words like may, could, if and the likes even when they understand this rules clearly.

Make we rest for this matter. People must surely get approval and many refusal go still dey wella. From the onset, refusal dey always plenty pass approval. For this debate, we all duh do well to support and oppose. This duh make people wet no be get the deep understanding about this AIP know the two sides.

Please bear if I talk rubblish, election matter nahim dey hot for Edo State now and I dey location wan try cash out. As you see am the reason for the rubblish.

Please, lets not derail the thread with arguments but information. As for those that have requested for their GCMS notes, please endeavour to share so we can at least know what's going on. Oh, Indians!! These people to cooperate for IRCC matter.

As of 31st August, 2020 eehhh! I have counted about 7 refusals whose GcKey account still shows the normal under review et al. They were all July 19th downwards applicants. All without AIP. The notes will provide more clarity.

Its well

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ckechi: 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ckechi:
Hello all,

I did upfront medicals in January but applied in July, attaching my e-medical slip but I still don't have an update on my portal. Is there something I should do?

Please can somebody help me with this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
Ckechi:
Hello all,

Hello Ckechi,

If after the medicals you've forwarded the e-medical slip to IRCC already, there is nothing you can do at this time. You just have to be patient and it will be updated soon in your account. I know its not easy to be at ease at this point in time of uncertainty.

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75