Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1171917 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Efair12: 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2020
Engager69:

Ma’am the rate of refusal would always be high, so just play your part, package well, get every thing necessary. Then apply.. after that pray to whatever you believe in for mercies and Favour cos at that point it’s no longer in your hands. Wishing you the very best. Godspeed

Alright, Thank you and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2020
Waliyusuff:
Good morning the cerebrals, I’m very very new here. I need all help I can get and thank you all in advance.
I got refused based on the following grounds;
Based Family Tie to home country and Canada
Based Purpose of visit.
Based on personal assets and financial status.
Based on travel history.

Got admission to study Advanced Nursing Practice in Clinical and Critical Care.
Previous education; Nursing with 5years of experiences.

The following are the documents submitted were;
LOA
SOP ( guess poorly formatted �)
Letter of introduction, employment and confirmation letter from employer. ( state Gov Job)
Play slip, Statement of account 9M (I’m sponsoring myself)
Tuition deposit receipt
Lands documents
Marriage certificate
Daughter birthday certificate
Resume
And ielts result.
Now I want to reapply, I need help with my SOP. Pls Gurus in the house kindly review my SOP with me and guide me on how to repackage my application.
Already differed admission to Jan 2021.

You married yea? please do not apply with your family just yet, hold on a little when you get over there apply for them to come over.This cancels family ties.

Finance, how many years program are you going for?, how much is tuition balance? Also let’s say 3m for living expense(means each year 3m for how many years you would be spending). How would your family fend when you travel? Do they have money for there up keep if 9m is channeled to your education? Ans all this, this cancels finance

Purpose of visit... try and write a bad ass sop.. this cancels purpose of visit

May the lord be with you.. Godspeed...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
chloe3:
Good day to every one. I appreciate the efforts of the gurus in the house to couch others to achieve success. i also have a concern i will like everyone to comment on or advice me on. My Visa was denied last two months and reasons where economic ties and study/career progression. AkA; purpose, ties.
I want to re-apply and i want to change my course of study, my bsc is in technical education, and i have 2yrs experience in project management. But now i want to go for pgd in education so that there will be a study progression is this ok or i should stick to the projects management i used to apply initially?

My advice get your GCMS note to be sure how to tackle the purpose of visit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2020
Onweke:
If I decide to use my mother as a sponsor and possibly ask her to deposit like 5 million to my account then should I submit her bank statement, her employment details and reference letter from the bank or just reference letter and employment details ?.

How do I explain the source of this fund ?

Stay safe and remain blessed.

Yes submit her statement , submit the reference, submit her employment details also and submit your statement too. also get a sponsorship letter also from mumsie, also a deed of gift for the 5m explaining how you got such an amount lodge into your account at once.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2020
Engager69:

Only issue I sense here is that, won’t the VO raise eye brows on why your uncle is going to use almost all his funds on you, plus you guys don’t bare same surname. Why would your uncle having 65k spend about 50-60k on you? He would be left with 5k after sponsoring you. Those he not have dependents of his own? This is a question begging for an answer bro.. this is RED bro
Actually he earns 200k cad per annum as an IT consultant with an active contract with the government of alberta he has four dependants As at now that am applying he has 65k. My tuition is 10kcad which he pledges to pay every year. I will sort my living expenses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Victory1989(m): 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2020
Hello house, my friend was ask to go for her medical in February and she passed in March and in May, she was ask to upload a new admission letter which she did in June, since then she hasn't gotten any update from CIC.

Please house what should she do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
Victory1989:
Hello house, my friend was ask to go for her medical in February and she passed in March and in May, she was ask to upload a new admission letter which she did in June, since then she hasn't gotten any update from CIC.

Pray to God

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

Pray to God

Perioddddd lmao

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 11:47pm On Oct 10, 2020
Hello

She can order her GCMS notes to see if her application has been approved.

To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If you have anyone in Canada (citizen, PR or temporary resident) to order it on your behalf it would cost $5 cad only.

Best wishes

Victory1989:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 11:51pm On Oct 10, 2020
Hello Efair12

Will the visa officer sir down to review the long history of the account? 13m coming in at once, no matter what must be explained with proof. If you can’t explain it, it’s a very big red flag. You basically have half of October and November to apply and get the visa as you said your classes start 1st December, if I were the one, I would defer. The final decision lies in your hand though.

Best wishes
Efair12:

Thank you for your reply,
Firstly we have been running the account for over 6 months and it has a turnover of over 100m. For the kind of business we do and based on the history of the account, having 20m in a short period shouldn’t be a problem since money comes in from time to time. My first year fees and living expenses of 10000 dollars is 13m
Secondly, I had my b.sc in Tourism and events management and want to pursue my masters in Tourism management
Thirdly, I have a land property and I also have a reference letter from the commissioner of tourism in my state.
Lastly, I just want to be sure if I should go ahead with the application giving the time frame or still defer since my program starts 1st of December. Please let me know if there’s any other advice you have, thank you and God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Qudkom(m): 12:55am On Oct 11, 2020
Wishing everyone a succesful TRV application. It is quite sad that the internationl community is watching all the activities in our country right now regarding the SARS Brutality. I pray and hope this does not affect our VOs view applications and not see applicants applications as a desperate way of leaving the country. I remember vividly during thlast election a lot of applications where refused because they thought people were trying to escape. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:39am On Oct 11, 2020
Hello, house, kindly advise me on how I can show ties to my home country Nigeria, because all my siblings and my mom are Canadian citizens, I am not married nor do i have any kids.
Hello gurus in the house, I applied for my study permit early September with the following.
1. My LOA from NAIT to read electronics engineering
2. Reference letter from my workplace (I work as an IT systems administrator)
3. Previous travel history (I have been to Canada in 2018 and returned without over staying)
4. Full payment of my first year tuition.
5. 10k cad for my upkeep in my mother’s account in Canada as she is a citizen for over 6 years (through pr)
5. letter of guardianship from my sister’s husband who are both citizens of Canada,
6. And also a letter from my other sister who was born in Canada..
I have weak home ties in Nigeria (literally everyone in my family is a citizen apart from my dad and I) how do I prove my home ties in Nigeria ps. I am not married and have no kids.
Thanks in advance... God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 11, 2020
Waliyusuff:
Good morning the cerebrals, I’m very very new here. I need all help I can get and thank you all in advance.
I got refused based on the following grounds;
Based Family Tie to home country and Canada
Based Purpose of visit.
Based on personal assets and financial status.
Based on travel history.

Got admission to study Advanced Nursing Practice in Clinical and Critical Care.
Previous education; Nursing with 5years of experiences.

The following are the documents submitted were;
LOA
SOP ( guess poorly formatted �)
Letter of introduction, employment and confirmation letter from employer. ( state Gov Job)
Play slip, Statement of account 9M (I’m sponsoring myself)
Tuition deposit receipt
Lands documents
Marriage certificate
Daughter birthday certificate
Resume
And ielts result.
Now I want to reapply, I need help with my SOP. Pls Gurus in the house kindly review my SOP with me and guide me on how to repackage my application.
Already differed admission to Jan 2021.

as a nurse you can easily do pr or get nomination with low crs scores. Also uk is there. Why going through study route.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 3:21am On Oct 11, 2020
Hello adeenzo

Have you already received a response concerning the application?

If you can’t prove family ties then you should focus on economic ties and a good SOP(statement of purpose) explaining why you’d come back home. Home ties could be landed properties, good financial standing (statement of account), a registered business, good job with study leave letter, active community involvement. It all depends on your age though.

Please wait for more input from others in the house.

Best wishes
adeenzo:
Hello gurus in the house, I applied for my study permit early September with the following.
3. Previous travel history (I have been to Canada in 2018 and returned without over staying)
5. 10k cad for my upkeep in my mother’s account in Canada as she is a citizen for over 6 years (through pr)
5. letter of guardianship from my sister’s husband who are both citizens of Canada,
I have weak home ties in Nigeria (literally everyone in my family is a citizen apart from my dad and I) how do I prove my home ties in Nigeria ps. I am not married and have no kids.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 4:13am On Oct 11, 2020
chloe3:
Good day to every one. I appreciate the efforts of the gurus in the house to couch others to achieve success. i also have a concern i will like everyone to comment on or advice me on. My Visa was denied last two months and reasons where economic ties and study/career progression. AkA; purpose, ties.
I want to re-apply and i want to change my course of study, my bsc is in technical education, and i have 2yrs experience in project management. But now i want to go for pgd in education so that there will be a study progression is this ok or i should stick to the projects management i used to apply initially?

If your GPA is low, you may want to check out the Masters Preparation Certificate in Education at Brock University. Also get your GCMS note.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 11, 2020
adeenzo:
all this process can’t your mum file for you to come join her

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifelajulo: 4:58am On Oct 11, 2020
Happy Sunday to all the gurus in the house, please I need your advice on my application and the way forward.
I got admission for fall 2020 to one of the Colleges in Canada and I applied for visa through an agent.

I applied in June
Got AIP to proceed online study on August 5th
Got Biometrics in June 25
Got Medical Request on August 12.

All these were done and updated on my profile.

The problem now is that my course of study is Laboratory based and my school had asked me to come down to Canada for my study on first week in September but I don't have the full study permit to come. I wrote a letter to the Registrar explaining my predicament that I just got AIP and that I can't travel without full permit. All my plea for deferment of admission or request to study online until the coast is clear fell in deaf ear. Later on my admission was withdrawn by the school. They ask me to reapply again ( the program is highly competitive and the admission is only in fall every year).

Technically I don't have admission now though I paid a non refundable tuition deposit of 1,500 and due to the unclear future I didn't pay the full tuition fee.

My question are:

How should I proceed with this my condition?.

If am giving full SP what can I do with it?

Do I still need to reapply for study visa for this same course next year?

If I apply for another course in another school for summer or winter, can I use this SP?

Please am confuse, I need help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 5:35am On Oct 11, 2020
Ifelajulo:
Happy Sunday to all the gurus in the house, please I need your advice on my application and the way forward.
I got admission for fall 2020 to one of the Colleges in Canada and I applied for visa through an agent.

I applied in June

The problem now is that my course of study is Laboratory based and my school had asked me to come down to Canada for my study on first week in September but I don't have the full study permit to come. I wrote a letter to the Registrar explaining my predicament that I just got AIP and that I can't travel without full permit. All my plea for deferment of admission or request to study online until the coast is clear fell in deaf ear. Later on my admission was withdrawn by the school. They ask me to reapply again ( the program is highly competitive and the admission is only in fall every year).

Technically I don't have admission now though I paid a non refundable tuition deposit of 1,500 and due to the unclear future I didn't pay the full tuition fee.

My question are:

If I apply for another course in another school for summer or winter, can I use this SP?

I will probably reapply for admission to the same program and have a closely-related back up admission to another should the first school takes time to make their decision.

If IRCC request an updated admission letter, you will give them the one you have. You are allowed to change program after visa. However, if you update IRCC with a different program admission, your application may be subjected to another review. The keyword here is “may”. No one can guarantee what will happen. You just have to ready when they need it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 8:26am On Oct 11, 2020
Hello Ifelajulo

Sorry about this mess
Kindly start applying to other programs. Apply to the old program too.

Best wishes
Ifelajulo:

I applied in June

My question are:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 8:26am On Oct 11, 2020
What kind of nonsense school is that. So they won't even give your money back? IRCC can call your school to confirm your admission or request a new admission letter from you. If you can't provide one, you're toasted. I strongly recommend that you find another admission ASAP. Check another school or a related program if you have to. Technically your status has changed, and you can be denied because you stopped meeting eligibility requirements.

Did you email the dean of your program and the registrar? Did you email the program coordinator too?

PM me please, maybe we can make some calls to the school

Ifelajulo:

I applied in June

My question are:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by babybenbaby: 9:40am On Oct 11, 2020
I can send you my SOP and you can review it and see.
My sponsors were both my brothers; I had my living expenses in my account; 5.5m and a notarized gift deed letter to explain the lump sum deposit.
I used the student copy of my transcript which I scanned myself, same one I used to get the admission. I don't think if there were missing grades I will have gotten admitted.

Anon123:

The purpose of visit came from your sop

Finance: how much was in your account
Who was your sponsor

Go through your transcript, are there errors in or was it poorly printed out or scanned.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oscarbravo: 10:31am On Oct 11, 2020
Chocs:
Dear House,
If you use proof of funds from an unknown source and you get caught, you’re risking a 5-year ban. Please desist from going through short cuts. May we all reach our goals.

Best wishes

This is not an unknown source.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2020
Really? Buying proof of funds from someone they don’t know? Someone who isn’t related to them in any way?It’s still illegal bro.

Patronize at your own risk
oscarbravo:

This is not an unknown source.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2020
Please gurus And members of this house i need a format of a notorized gift of deed letter sample. I was advised to add a legal tone to the one i wrote. Thanks in anticipation. And if it is an affidavit of gift deed I Dont know which one is the best way to put it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
Dear Gurus in the house and great Nairalanders, greetings to you all.

I have come again to seek your help! I have been working on my SOP for more than a week, writing and rewriting.

At this point, I need someone that help proofread it for me. Please, Gurus with cognate knowledge in SOP structure and crafting, come to my rescue, I intend submitting my application for Study Permit this week. Please!!!!!

@Frankrobbn1
@naijaforeigner
@JustMellow
@Lekiboboe
Etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
Why did you allow yourself to be born in Nigeria. You should have protested this a long time ago
adeenzo:
I have weak home ties in Nigeria (literally everyone in my family is a citizen apart from my dad and I how do I prove my home ties in Nigeria ps. I am not married and have no kids.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Why did you allow yourself to be born in Nigeria. You should have protested this a long time ago
[/b]lmaoooo why did you allow yourself to be born in Nigeria cheesy[b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
Engager69:

My advice get your GCMS note to be sure how to tackle the purpose of visit
Thanks for your response. The reasons are what the VO said in my GCMS notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifelajulo: 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
dommakavelli:
What kind of nonsense school is that. So they won't even give your money back? IRCC can call your school to confirm your admission or request a new admission letter from you. If you can't provide one, you're toasted. I strongly recommend that you find another admission ASAP. Check another school or a related program if you have to. Technically your status has changed, and you can be denied because you stopped meeting eligibility requirements.

Did you email the dean of your program and the registrar? Did you email the program coordinator too?

PM me please, maybe we can make some calls to the school

Thanks, I tried to send message but is not going through, please if you can send message to me I will appreciate it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
Thank you

JustMellow:

Hello Milo9,

You may want to consider improving on:

1. Funds
2. Home ties
3. Future benefit/prospect of the intended course
4. Level of Establishment (tie this to your current employment)
5. Use a capable sponsor (if applicable)

Even if you're trying to use family as home ties, don't tie yourself with too much responsibilities, especially if you're low income earner.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by flimzie: 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
Hi @ayodeji786 please I need your help, I just recently got admitted to MUN and I really don't want to make mistakes. How much tuition should I pay up front? since MUN didn't specify and can you please share your email address so I can ask some other specific questions.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oghogho1313: 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
Hello House,

Has anyone carried out asset valuation(land, cars, houses) for use in strengthening financials for Study Permit application? How did you go about it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.