Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1179855 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kunlewisdom(m): 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2020
Thank your for your response, I really appreciate.

For the purpose of visit He applied for BSc.

For the home ties: Who-He used Mum and for, What- Uncle Properties

Mum is a business woman but her business is not registered with CAC can this be an issue if we use her personal account statement, properties and Bond/ T-bills certificate?

Anon123:

Sorry for your denial..

For the purpose of visit, what did he apply for bsc ,masters , diploma or PGD.
For the home ties.. Who and what did he use as hometies.

In his reapplication you and your mum can be his sponsors. Even the maternal uncle can still be a co-sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hellooo @fathermathy, @vibrant 99 @chocs, @ naija foreigner and other gurus please respond. i was denied initially andi posted here but i was advised accordingly. Going for a phd without funding and still looking for another but in the main time my winter admission for Jan 2021 is almost here. I already raised my SOA from 4m to 9m (32k cad) curtesy of gift deed of 5m from parents added their pay slips and last promotion letter with int passport. Also my sponsor who was termed 3rd party in my GCMS note becos he is a distant uncle from mother side has paid my first year tuition of 10k cads upfront against winter 2021 with promise in sponsorship letter of paying for the remaining 3years (my tuition plus living expenses per year is 20k cads) he has a company and a closing balance of 65k cad. Phd Mcgill university. I am thinking of reapplying next week. Already tackled home ties by living my family behind and tackled travel history by talking about the need to travel now. Can i reapply like this or i shud add other things again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2020
fratermathy:

Sure. I'll talk to the person and get permission but in the mean time, you can send a pm request.

Still waiting for your response bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hello skull4eva

It seems you’re keen on reapplying and no one can convince you not to cheesy Well, there’s no harm in trying.

You’ve improved your profile significantly. Please get an affidavit of sponsorship from your uncle stating he will be responsible for tuition for the program, if he can state a specific amount he’ll be putting forward for that, it would be great. And he should mention that your tuition has been paid by him and he will pay for the next 3 years etc. in the sponsorship letter.

Don’t forget to work on your SOP(statement of purpose thoroughly) please get a guru in the house to read through and make corrections. You can also explain your reasons for not having a travel history. Attach an amazing resume/CV to your client information.

Explain why spending so much on the degree would be worth it, how it will benefit you and your career. With specific examples. Also attach a LOE (explaining how you have addressed every of the visa officer’s concerns)

Also attach a proof of the deed of gift, stating it alone might not be enough.

The above is my personal opinion, others in the house might disagree.

Best wishes

skull4eva:
Hellooo @fathermathy, @vibrant 99 @chocs, @ naija foreigner and other gurus please respond. i was denied initially andi posted here but i was advised accordingly. Going for a phd without funding and still looking for another but in the main time my winter admission for Jan 2021 is almost here. I already raised my SOA from 4m to 9m (32k cad) curtesy of gift deed of 5m from parents added their pay slips and last promotion letter with int passport. Also my sponsor who was termed 3rd party in my GCMS note becos he is a distant uncle from mother side has paid my first year tuition of 10k cads upfront against winter 2021 with promise in sponsorship letter of paying for the remaining 3years (my tuition plus living expenses per year is 20k cads) he has a company and a closing balance of 65k cad. Phd Mcgill university. I am thinking of reapplying next week. Already tackled home ties by living my family behind and tackled travel history by talking about the need to travel now. Can i reapply like this or i shud add other things again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ednut1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
Chocs:
Hello ednut1

You might get blocked for mentioning the name on here. It’s not allowed. You can talk about it in private messages.

Best wishes
nawa cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
Chocs:
Hello skull4eva

It seems you’re keen on reapplying and no one can convince you not to cheesy Well there’s no harm in trying.

You’ve improved your profile significantly. Please get an affidavit of sponsorship from your uncle stating he will be responsible for tuition for the program, if he can state a specific amount he’ll be putting forward for that, it would be great. And he should mention that your tuition has been paid by him and he will pay for the next 3 years etc. in the sponsorship letter.

Don’t forget to work on your SOP(statement of purpose thoroughly) please get a guru in the house to read through and make corrections. You can also explain your reasons for not having a travel history. Attach an amazing resume/CV to your client information.

Explain why spending so much on the degree would be worth it, how it will benefit you and your career. With specific examples. Also attach a LOE (explaining how you have addressed every of the visa officer’s concerns)

Best wishes

Sent you a pm boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2020
Chocs:
Hello skull4eva

It seems you’re keen on reapplying and no one can convince you not to cheesy Well there’s no harm in trying.

Best wishes

Please is there a difference between affidavit of sponsorship and sponsorship letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2020
skull4eva:
Please is there a difference between affidavit of sponsorship and sponsorship letter?
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thequeeen: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hello. Please I want to ask how feasible is to get visa if you are a 2:1 graduate with admission from a college.
I heard that it is a red flag if you use an admission from a college instead of a university and you have a 2:2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hello skull4eva

A sponsorship letter is written and signed by the sponsor while an affidavit of sponsorship is done in court. You’re swearing before the court that the words put down are true (like with every other affidavit)

I found a sample online. Please find it attached below.

Pm seen and responded to.

Best wishes.

skull4eva:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hello Thequeeen

A minute number of people have done it and succeeded. It depends on how well you can package your application and convince the visa officer. If you’re not sure you can convince the VO, just apply for a master’s.

Best wishes
Thequeeen:
Hello. Please I want to ask how feasible is to get visa if you are a 2:1 graduate with admission from a college.
I heard that it is a red flag if you use an admission from a college instead of a university and you have a 2:2

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
A Sponsorship letter can be written as formal letter, no need for Affidavit .

The person sponsoring you would or may have an establishment here in Nigeria, let the person use the letter head of his/her company and do a note in it, it is very sturdy and would pass the litmus test... If they don't, they should put the bank account, name and possibly a line that defines the origin of the account till date.

All this Affidavit have no special effect, it is seen as a common paper in their hand.

This days, they don't take us too serious to consider that area of my government.

Chocs:
Hello skull4eva

A sponsorship letter is written and signed by the sponsor while an affidavit of sponsorship is done in court. You’re swearing before the court that the words put down are true (like with every other affidavit)

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
Thanks boss
Chocs:
Hello skull4eva

Best wishes.

Thanks boss. Please reply my pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
vibrant99:

A Sponsorship letter can be written as formal letter, no need for Affidavit .

The person sponsoring you would or may have an establishment here in Nigeria, let the person use the letter head of his/her company and do a note in it, it is very sturdy and would pass the litmus test... If they don't, they should put the bank account, name and possibly a line that defines the origin of the account till date.

All this Affidavit have no special effect, it is seen as a common paper in their hand.

This days, they don't take us too serious to consider tha[b][/b]t area of my government.

About the bolded thats serious oooo. Thanks bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thequeeen: 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2020
Thankyou, I’m grateful

Chocs:
Hello Thequeeen

A minute number of people have done it and succeeded. It depends on how well you can package your application and convince the visa officer. If you’re not sure you can convince the VO, just apply for a master’s.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by herbDean101: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hello, if you're application was rejected, and you want to reapply, do you need to get a new LOA from your school, if the start date on the LOA has passed, or can it still be used?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Wondakid56: 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
Please I got admission at Conestoga college Waterloo campus to study global hospitality management at post graduate level, I studied mass communications as first degree over here in Nigeria.....
But my visa was refused because of two reasons

1)am not satisfied you will leave Canada after study based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

2)am not satisfied you will leave Canada based on your purpose of visit

My father is my sponsor and it stated clearly every financial document and capacity well gathered and submitted too

Please I wanna re apply what should I get right?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by starkyniichan(m): 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2020
herbDean101:
Hello, if you're application was rejected, and you want to reapply, do you need to get a new LOA from your school, if the start date on the LOA has passed, or can it still be used?

Better off, getting a new updated one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Efair12: 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2020
Good evening everyone,
My name is Ife and I am very very new here, how’s everyone doing? Please I’d need your help with my case thanks in advance.
I have been offered an admission into a DLI and program starts Dec 1. I am 24, married. My husband is my sponsor as we run an automobile business together and we are both signatories to the account. I paid 5000 CAD for tuition deposit and as at now we have 7m in the account but will hopefully raise 20m before I apply for my visa. I intend to apply alone even though I have a daughter.
Now my fear is, since my program is close do I still go ahead to and apply? And also the refusal rates nowadays is alarming and is making me skeptical should I go ahead and apply regardless or wait till the world is a bit normal. I was able to gather few information that the rate of denial is high but their desk is full or so so they trying to clear and let new applications come in. Has anyone been approved recently? Please I’d like for all the guru to come to my aid in this, I want to make my mi d to either go ahead with the application or defer to April next year. I’d be glad if you look into this, thanks and God bless����
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:15am On Oct 10, 2020
Hello herbDean101

You need to get a new one with a new start date
herbDean101:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:28am On Oct 10, 2020
Hello Wondakid56

Sorry to hear about your refusal

The refusal reasons stated here has nothing to do with finance. It’s family ties and purpose of visit but your gcms notes will throw more light into the matter.

The reasons you were given in your refusal letter are generic. To see the specific cause of your rejection, you need to order your GCMS notes. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If you have anyone in Canada to order it on your behalf it would cost $5 cad only. Please order it immediately. From the notes you’ll see the visa officer’s specific concerns and you’ll be able to address it before replying if you decide to reapply.

For purpose of visit it could be that your sop (statement of purpose) was weak OR the course you’re going for does not align with your previous academic background or work experience.

Meanwhile you can share your profile and all documents submitted so the house can advice you while you wait for your notes.

For your profile you can share
Marital status and number of children if any
Previous course studied and level (e.g bsc, HND e.t.c.)
Course you’re going for in Canada and level (eg pgd, bsc, msc etc)
If you’re employed, the field the employment is in (eg admin assistant, lawyer etc)
Did you submit proof of any landed property or other assets?

Best wishes
Wondakid56:
Please I got admission at Conestoga college Waterloo campus to study global hospitality management at post graduate level, I studied mass communications as first degree over here in Nigeria.....
But my visa was refused because of two reasons

1)am not satisfied you will leave Canada after study based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

2)am not satisfied you will leave Canada based on your purpose of visit

My father is my sponsor and it stated clearly every financial document and capacity well gathered and submitted too

Please I wanna re apply what should I get right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:40am On Oct 10, 2020
Hello Efair12

My advice for you would be to defer. This would give you enough time to build your account and prepare your application documents. December is close. Going from 7m to 20m in such a short time, how would you explain that? What’s the source of the money? This is something the visa officer would check. Having the money alone is not enough, the source must be clear with proof.

Some people have been approved recently. It’s good you found the thread before you applied. Kindly read from page one of the thread (you can see the page numbers at the bottom of the page) to the end and build your knowledge, so you can put in a very strong application.

For funds, you need to show proof of tuition for 1 year + at least 10,000 cad for living expenses. As someone with a husband and kid, there must be enough money left for them to live well while you are studying, all the money belonging to the family cannot be used for your study. So 7m is definitely too small.

What course did you study previously and what level? (e.g bsc, HND e.t.c.)
What Course are you going for in Canada and level (bsc, msc, PGD)
If you’re employed, what field is the employment in? (eg admin assistant, lawyer etc)

These are things that can affect your application. The course you’re going for should align with your previous academic and employment line. If it doesn’t, you must give convincing reasons to the visa officer why you’re going for that course to avoid a refusal.

Do you own any landed property? Please include proof of it in your application if you have any.
Also your business registration documents

You should start writing your SOP (statement of purpose) now. It’s a very important part of your application.

You can check out the following links to help you prepare a solid application. It has info on documents needed, how to upload them, common reasons for refusal and how to tackle it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#72169936

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89356538

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91040264

https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

Best wishes Ife

Efair12:
Good evening everyone,
My name is Ife and I am very very new here, how’s everyone doing? Please I’d need your help with my case thanks in advance.
I have been offered an admission into a DLI and program starts Dec 1. I am 24, married. My husband is my sponsor as we run an automobile business together and we are both signatories to the account. I paid 5000 CAD for tuition deposit and as at now we have 7m in the account but will hopefully raise 20m before I apply for my visa. I intend to apply alone even though I have a daughter.
Now my fear is, since my program is close do I still go ahead to and apply? And also the refusal rates nowadays is alarming and is making me skeptical should I go ahead and apply regardless or wait till the world is a bit normal. I was able to gather few information that the rate of denial is high but their desk is full or so so they trying to clear and let new applications come in. Has anyone been approved recently? Please I’d like for all the guru to come to my aid in this, I want to make my mi d to either go ahead with the application or defer to April next year. I’d be glad if you look into this, thanks and God bless����

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Waliyusuff: 5:29am On Oct 10, 2020
Good morning the cerebrals, I’m very very new here. I need all help I can get and thank you all in advance.
I got refused based on the following grounds;
Based Family Tie to home country and Canada
Based Purpose of visit.
Based on personal assets and financial status.
Based on travel history.

Got admission to study Advanced Nursing Practice in Clinical and Critical Care.
Previous education; Nursing with 5years of experiences.

The following are the documents submitted were;
LOA
SOP ( guess poorly formatted �)
Letter of introduction, employment and confirmation letter from employer. ( state Gov Job)
Play slip, Statement of account 9M (I’m sponsoring myself)
Tuition deposit receipt
Lands documents
Marriage certificate
Daughter birthday certificate
Resume
And ielts result.
Now I want to reapply, I need help with my SOP. Pls Gurus in the house kindly review my SOP with me and guide me on how to repackage my application.
Already differed admission to Jan 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:09am On Oct 10, 2020
Hello Waliyusuff

It is not safe to post your SOP on a public forum. Kindly take it down. You can approach someone on the thread and send it to them via email.

Best wishes
Waliyusuff:
Good morning the cerebrals, I’m very very new here. I need all help I can get and thank you all in advance.
Based Purpose of visit.
Based on travel history.

LOA
Letter of introduction, employment and confirmation letter from employer. ( state Gov Job)
Tuition deposit receipt
Lands documents
Marriage certificate
Resume
And ielts result.
Now I want to reapply, I need help with my SOP. Pls Gurus in the house kindly review my SOP with me and guide me on how to repackage my application.

Previous SOP
Dear Sir/Ma,
Letter of Explanation: Canada Study Permit

Having completed my Bachelor degree in Nursing Studies coupled with more than five years working experience, my intentions is to acquire more skills and Certifications by pursuing Post graduate Certificate in Enhanced Nursing Practice – Clinical and Critical Care.

I choose to further my studies in Canada due to international recognitions of the Canada certificates, high quality of education which is affordable and very good academic standard. Conestoga College of Technology and Advanced Learning is my choice because of its high reputation for Nursing Studies continuing education and highly qualified faculty members.

After completion of my program, I will return to my home country Nigeria to apply the newly acquired skills and knowledge in the Institute (Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital) where I am presently working. I am granted a study leave of one year. I enclose a copy of the study leave with this letter. I am married and I have a daughter of less than two years who will not be coming with me to Canada. I have no intention of remaining in Canada after my studies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:19am On Oct 10, 2020
Hello Waliyusuff,

First thing you need to do is to order your gcms notes.

The reasons you were given in your refusal letter are generic. To see the specific cause of your rejection, you need to order your GCMS notes. To do that, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If you have anyone in Canada to order it on your behalf it would cost $5 cad only. Please order it immediately. From the notes you’ll see the visa officer’s specific concerns and you’ll be able to address it before replying if you decide to reapply.

For travel history you can give a good explanation why you have none.

For financial and personal assets, 9m seems too small to me. Canada requires you have 1 year tuition fee + at least 10,000 cad for living expenses. If you’re married, you need to show how your wife and kid will survive while you’re studying, could be your wife’s employment docs and her pay slips, if she’s not working, could be your transferring old amount of money to them for upkeep.
Also for self sponsored students, the visa officer will check for the possibility of you paying your tuition for other years without working in Canada (this also means you need more money) if your course is more than a year.

How many years is the course?
How much is tuition for 1 year?

For purpose of visit it could be that your sop (statement of purpose)/ letter of explanation was weak OR the course you’re going for does not align with your previous academic background or work experience OR it doesn’t show career progression. Eg you have a BSC already and you apply for an ordinary diploma (which is less than a bsc)

From your SOP I can see you have a bsc nursing.
The course you’re going for in Canada is a post graduate certificate as you stated in your SOP. Was your Bsc nursing graded? If yes, what was your GPA? If you had a 2:1 or first class, you should be aiming for a master’s and if you had a 2:2 a PGD/PGC is okay.

This questions can give the house a clue on what went wrong with your application.

For family tie you can explain how you’re leaving your family behind, your landed properties and improving your account statement will help.

Summary: you have a lot of work to do. First order your gcms notes and start building your account up. While the house gives their input before the arrival of your gcms notes. Also your SOP needs a lot of work, it is vague.

Best wishes

Waliyusuff:
Based Purpose of visit.
Based on travel history.

LOA
Tuition deposit receipt
Lands documents
Marriage certificate
Resume
And ielts result.

Previous SOP
Dear Sir/Ma,

Having completed my Bachelor degree in Nursing Studies coupled with more than five years working experience, my intentions is to acquire more skills and Certifications by pursuing Post graduate Certificate in Enhanced Nursing Practice – Clinical and Critical Care.

I choose to further my studies in Canada due to international recognitions of the Canada certificates, high quality of education which is affordable and very good academic standard. Conestoga College of Technology and Advanced Learning is my choice because of its high reputation for Nursing Studies continuing education and highly qualified faculty members.

After completion of my program, I will return to my home country Nigeria to apply the newly acquired skills and knowledge in the Institute (Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital) where I am presently working. I am granted a study leave of one year. I enclose a copy of the study leave with this letter. I am married and I have a daughter of less than two years who will not be coming with me to Canada. I have no intention of remaining in Canada after my studies.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:29am On Oct 10, 2020
Hello Waliyusuff

A tip for working on your previous statement of purpose. Written by @lekkiboe

Guidelines on How to write an SOP (Statement of Purpose)

Most important thing: Avoid Plagiarism

While writing SOP, the following things to be mentioned which will boost chances of convincing a VISA OFFICER and possibly getting a STUDY VISA APPROVAL:

1. Introduce yourself in first paragraph. Write, what kind of person you are, your interests and personality etc. This may also include one line background of work & study you did earlier. This should be related to the course your are going to pursue.

2. Explain what do you know about the area of study you are applying for.
Like HR, Marketing, Finance, IT, Multimedia, Engineering etc. Market trends, application of knowledge in work, organisations/roles where you can work after studying in this XYZ field and if possible, 1-2 real life example where you experienced this personally (in your current job or someone in family who works in this field etc.)This shows you are well read and know what you are getting yourself into.

3. Now explain Why Canada.
Mention all points Canada is famous for like low crime rate, diversity (which helps in learning), livability and quality of life related statistics etc. Facts & figures help you here. Google a little

4. Why this particular college/Univ. Explain ranking of the same or relevance of course being offered or if someone known is studying there etc. Mention positive points which you can gather from ex-student's testimonials and college website itself. Again, write in your own language and by your own understanding.

5. Why this Program:
Mention why you chose this program. Explain how courses (subjects) of this course will help you in your career, how some of these subjects you have learnt earlier (basic knowledge) and need better and upgraded knowledge about these (especially if applying for PG/masters), explain application of subjects in real job scenario etc.

6. Summarize with reason of coming back to home country: Now summarize all details by mentioning your career goals and what will you do post completing this course.Mention how this course will help you in making your career in your home country. Be passionate about job market of your home country and coming back to your country. Because "You'll not leave Canada" is one of the biggest reason for Student Visa refusal.

7.Travel history
If u av not travelled bfor, state the reason why u av decided to travel at this point of ur life, and how important the program is to ur career & personal development back home

8.Family Ties-Hime ties
U can talk about how children are apparent to family inheritance, and how u are obliged to take care of ur family (parent and siblings). U can attach their birth certificates

Secondly, talk bout Landed Properties (Documents, deed of assignment, Deed of conveyance,survey plans and other important doc.) to of prove ur Hometies

9. Proof of Funds
Mention that you have paid ur tuition fee or made a deposit of ur tuition fee and so so as amount has bin set aside by your sponsor for ur Tution fee (if not yet paid), so so amount for ur One year Living Expenses (might be more than one year) and so so amount for ur flight itinerary

10. Final Note
U can end it like this or in ur own language
Dear Sir/Madam, I hope that you will find all my documents in proper order and I kindly request you to process my visa application as soon as possible. I am very much thankful to you for giving me your valuable time to process my student visa application.

Your Sincerely,
Write ur name and Surname

Happy Writing
Courtesy @lekkiboe

Waliyusuff:
Based Purpose of visit.
Based on travel history.

LOA
Tuition deposit receipt
Lands documents
Marriage certificate
Resume
And ielts result.

Previous SOP
Dear Sir/Ma,

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Waliyusuff

While writing SOP, the following things to be mentioned which will boost chances of convincing a VISA OFFICER and possibly getting a STUDY VISA APPROVAL:

1. Introduce yourself in first paragraph. Write, what kind of person you are, your interests and personality etc. This may also include one line background of work & study you did earlier. This should be related to the course your are going to pursue.

Like HR, Marketing, Finance, IT, Multimedia, Engineering etc. Market trends, application of knowledge in work, organisations/roles where you can work after studying in this XYZ field and if possible, 1-2 real life example where you experienced this personally (in your current job or someone in family who works in this field etc.)This shows you are well read and know what you are getting yourself into.

Mention all points Canada is famous for like low crime rate, diversity (which helps in learning), livability and quality of life related statistics etc. Facts & figures help you here. Google a little

4. Why this particular college/Univ. Explain ranking of the same or relevance of course being offered or if someone known is studying there etc. Mention positive points which you can gather from ex-student's testimonials and college website itself. Again, write in your own language and by your own understanding.

5. Why this Program:
Mention why you chose this program. Explain how courses (subjects) of this course will help you in your career, how some of these subjects you have learnt earlier (basic knowledge) and need better and upgraded knowledge about these (especially if applying for PG/masters), explain application of subjects in real job scenario etc.

6. Summarize with reason of coming back to home country: Now summarize all details by mentioning your career goals and what will you do post completing this course.Mention how this course will help you in making your career in your home country. Be passionate about job market of your home country and coming back to your country. Because "You'll not leave Canada" is one of the biggest reason for Student Visa refusal.

7.Travel history
If u av not travelled bfor, state the reason why u av decided to travel at this point of ur life, and how important the program is to ur career & personal development back home

8.Family Ties-Hime ties
U can talk about how children are apparent to family inheritance, and how u are obliged to take care of ur family (parent and siblings). U can attach their birth certificates

Secondly, talk bout Landed Properties (Documents, deed of assignment, Deed of conveyance,survey plans and other important doc.) to of prove ur Hometies

9. Proof of Funds
Mention that you have paid ur tuition fee or made a deposit of ur tuition fee and so so as amount has bin set aside by your sponsor for ur Tution fee (if not yet paid), so so amount for ur One year Living Expenses (might be more than one year) and so so amount for ur flight itinerary

10. Final Note
Dear Sir/Madam, I hope that you will find all my documents in proper order and I kindly request you to process my visa application as soon as possible. I am very much thankful to you for giving me your valuable time to process my student visa application.

Your Sincerely,

Happy Writing
Courtesy @lekkiboe

My brother you are doing a lot to help people on this thread . I always look forward to your wonderful guides

May the almighty reward us all in this Canada journey

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by babybenbaby: 11:18am On Oct 10, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Waliyusuff

5. Why this Program:

7.Travel history

8.Family Ties-Hime ties

9. Proof of Funds

10. Final Note

Your Sincerely,

Happy Writing
Courtesy @lekkiboe

Hi, I followed these guidelines back to back and still got denied. .I think these guys aren't interested in PGD people anymore cos the few people I have noticed that got approved are Masters with funding. I uploaded a copy of my denial reasons. The third reason, I don't even understand because I related courses I had done in the university, I uploaded my transcripts too, I even work in the same field. I have applied for my GCMS notes too. Please can I send you a mail to review my SOP

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Waliyusuff: 11:20am On Oct 10, 2020
Thank you so much for your quick response. I have ordered for my gcms note, the reasons directly point at those four points. The SOP I posted was the one submitted and I have taken it down. I have bnsc in Nursing 3.6 gp, I’m going for a PGC in nursing. My tuition is 18,000 CAD and submitted statement of account with about 37,000Cad.
Pls can I mail the new SOP I used to answer refusal grounds to you, to help me vet it? I will be glad to if you can review it with me.
Thanks once again.

Chocs:
Hello Waliyusuff,

First thing you need to do is to order your gcms notes.

For travel history you can give a good explanation why you have none.

For financial and personal assets, 9m seems too small to me. Canada requires you have 1 year tuition fee + at least 10,000 cad for living expenses. If you’re married, you need to show how your wife and kid will survive while you’re studying, could be your wife’s employment docs and her pay slips, if she’s not working, could be your transferring old amount of money to them for upkeep.
Also for self sponsored students, the visa officer will check for the possibility of you paying your tuition for other years without working in Canada (this also means you need more money) if your course is more than a year.

How many years is the course?
How much is tuition for 1 year?

For purpose of visit it could be that your sop (statement of purpose)/ letter of explanation was weak OR the course you’re going for does not align with your previous academic background or work experience OR it doesn’t show career progression. Eg you have a BSC already and you apply for an ordinary diploma (which is less than a bsc)

From your SOP I can see you have a bsc nursing.
The course you’re going for in Canada is a post graduate certificate as you stated in your SOP. Was your Bsc nursing graded? If yes, what was your GPA? If you had a 2:1 or first class, you should be aiming for a master’s and if you had a 2:2 a PGD/PGC is okay.

This questions can give the house a clue on what went wrong with your application.

For family tie you can explain how you’re leaving your family behind, your landed properties and improving your account statement will help.

Summary: you have a lot of work to do. First order your gcms notes and start building your account up. While the house gives their input before the arrival of your gcms notes. Also your SOP needs a lot of work, it is vague.

Best wishes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Waliyusuff: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2020
Thank you Chocs. Have edited it.
Chocs:
Hello Waliyusuff

It is not safe to post your SOP on a public forum. Kindly take it down. You can approach someone on the thread and send it to them via email.

Best wishes

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.