Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1178980 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
SKEPTA:

is the my bank statement something like this?

if yes then you’re good to go

yes it's something like that but you know it was high commission of Kenya that requested for me to prove that my statement of account is not fraudulent

so the address should be high commission ng ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ayokaq:
Dalhousie is in Nova Scotia not New Brunswick
Roger that, thanks for the correction
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tobyy10:

yes it's something like that but you know it was high commission of Kenya that requested for me to prove that my statement of account is not fraudulent

so the address should be high commission ng ??

if yours looks like the one I just showed you,then you’re perfectly fine,If you request for my bank statement from any bank in nigeria for canadian visa application ,the receiver will always be canada embassy ng.

so you’re good to go
just make sure you scan it properly and the scan is clear.

Goodluck bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
SKEPTA:

if yours looks like the one I just showed you,then you’re perfectly fine,If you request for my bank statement from any bank in nigeria for canadian visa application ,the receiver will always be canada embassy ng.

so you’re good to go
just make sure you scan it properly and the scan is clear.

Goodluck bro

okay Sir. another question,
1) if I send it to Canada embassy ng. will the high commission in kenya receive it? because that's where the letter came from
2) so I will send this my bank statement and the letter of authenticity disputing any fraudulence on the statement of account I earlier presented via webform right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
Tobyy10:

okay Sir. another question,
1) if I send it to Canada embassy ng. will the high commission in kenya receive it? because that's where the letter came from
2) so I will send this my bank statement and the letter of authenticity disputing any fraudulence on the statement of account I earlier presented via webform right?

1.)Yes,it’ll be received

2.) yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
SKEPTA:

1.)Yes,it’ll be received
2.) yes

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tobyy10: 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
SKEPTA:

1.)Yes,it’ll be received
2.) yes

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Osemigho: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
Canhopeful:
Hi Everyone!

I received AIP today. All glory to God!

My spouse and I applied for SOWP & SP, respectively.

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jimohib(m): 2:00am On Oct 09, 2020
Hello house. I got my GCMS notes yesterday and it was accompanied by a message from CIC today stating that I was REFUSED.

Timeline;

Applied: 26th of July
Biometric passed: 29th Aug
Ordered GCMS notes: 26th Sept.
Eligibility: Failed!

Documents;

Acceptance letter
SOP
Sponsor’s statement of account (Dad)
Sponsor’s landed properties (About 7)
My statement of account
Employment letter
Letter of recommendation from employer
Affidavit of support from sponsor
Nysc certificate
BSc certificate
CAC certificate
Marriage certificate
Professional course certificates
Birth certificate
Passport

My admission expired on Sept 8.

But I have deferred it to Sept 2021.

I plan to reapply soon. Please how and when should I do it for better success rate?

Please help me, @Frankrobbn1, @JustMellow, @Fratemathy, @luckymama and other members.

Help my career biko.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Babeth: 2:25am On Oct 09, 2020
Hi everyone
I got a refusal, please how can i orer for GCMS Note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:27am On Oct 09, 2020
Hello jimohib

Sorry to hear about your refusal. You can reapply as soon as you can address all the issues mentioned in your GCMS notes.

Your SOP (statement of purpose) was not good enough. You’ll need to rewrite it. Stating how the course you’re going for will be beneficial to you, why it’s worth it considering the high cost of study, why you’re studying in Canada and not Nigeria and how it will help you progress in your career. Don’t just give broad reasons like it will help me get a better job. Be more specific e.g going for this master’s will help broaden my knowledge on ABC and give me research skills in ABC. So try to be specific and use examples. After writing your SOP you can approach one of the gurus in the house to help you vet it.

For previous employment and studies; what did you study previously? And what did you apply for in Canada? And what level? e.g Msc, PGD etc

How much was in your sponsor’s account (total) Seeing you submitted 7 proof of property, I’m not sure what else can show family ties. But showing your family is doing well will be a plus (e.g heavy bank statement, proof of business etc)

Please wait for more input from others.

Best wishes

jimohib:
Hello house. I got my GCMS notes yesterday and it was accompanied by a message from CIC today stating that I was REFUSED.

Timeline;

Documents;

Acceptance letter
SOP
Sponsor’s statement of account (Dad)
Sponsor’s landed properties (About 7)
My statement of account
Employment letter
Nysc certificate
BSc certificate
CAC certificate
Marriage certificate
Professional course certificates
Birth certificate
Passport

My admission expired on Sept 8.

But I have deferred it to Sept 2021.

I plan to reapply soon. Please how and when should I do it for better success rate?

Please help me, @Frankrobbn1, @JustMellow, @Fratemathy, @luckymama and other members.

Help my career biko.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:30am On Oct 09, 2020
Hello Babeth

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

To order your GCMS notes, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. I’m not allowed to post a link to any (I can get banned). It costs between $15-$20 cad (if you order it yourself from these sites) and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If you have someone in Canada to order it on your behalf, it will cost 5 cad only.

Best wishes

Babeth:
Hi everyone
I got a refusal, please how can i orer for GCMS Note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UPrincess: 6:13am On Oct 09, 2020
[quote author=jimohib post=94751260]Hello house. I got my GCMS notes yesterday and it was accompanied by a message from CIC today stating that I was REFUSED.

Timeline;

Sorry for the refusal. Just re strategize. Your ordered GCMS note took just 12 days? Been waiting for my order for too long.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 6:50am On Oct 09, 2020
FROM OCTOBER 20, 2020
You can travel to Canada if :
1) You have your visa
2) The university has their covid readiness plan approved
3) You’re asymptomatic.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:03am On Oct 09, 2020
Hello house. Please my sister works with National Space And Development agency as a legal officer. Now we are currently in the process of applying to McGill university for MSC in Space and Air Law. That’s the only school in Canada that offers that. Will she have any problem securing the visa because that’s the only school she’s applying into? She has a kid can that also be a factor?. I’ll be very happy if someone can please answer. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:17am On Oct 09, 2020
adeniyi3971:
Hello house. Please my sister works with National Space And Development agency as a legal officer. Now we are currently in the process of applying to McGill university for MSC in Space and Air Law. That’s the only school in Canada that offers that. Will she have any problem securing the visa because that’s the only school she’s applying into? She has a kid can that also be a factor?. I’ll be very happy if someone can please answer. Thanks in anticipation

If she gets admitted, she won't have issues getting the study permit. However, be prepared to show proof of adequate funds. I know someone in this program at McGill who already has an AIP. I wouldn't advise your sister to apply with her kid immediately except the child is less than 4 years of age. If she must apply with the child, she should be ready to show proof of more funds. Basically, if she gets admitted, she should plan to show proof of at least 10million in her account (tuition+living expenses).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lanrelala: 7:45am On Oct 09, 2020
Hello house, please is there anyone who applied after September 15th for January 2021 intake and has AIP?

2nd time applicant:
I applied September 21
Medical Request September 23
Medical passed: October 6

No AIP.
With the new IRCC trend, is this a good sign?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 8:16am On Oct 09, 2020
Goodnews grin grin grin grin

GTB increased international spending limits on cards to $200.

You can now pay for your SP with it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 09, 2020
Legacyedition:
Goodnews grin grin grin grin

GTB increased international spending limits on cards to $200.

You can now pay for your SP with it.
yayyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2020
Canhopeful:
Hi Everyone!

I received AIP today. All glory to God!

My spouse and I applied for SOWP & SP, respectively.

Thanks to Frankrobbn, Fratermathy, Osemigho, Neverlosehope, etc.

Congratulations to you peace. Good to know you implemented the advices given to you.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:24am On Oct 09, 2020
Dameelee:
Thank you
I saw notes at the bottom of the GCMS notes but nothing detailed, it’s not stated if the application has been approved, hence my confusion.

Applied: 18th of May
AIP: 6th Aug
MR: 9th Aug(can’t remember the exact date)
Medical passed: 28th Aug
Eligibility not passed yet on my profile.

Documents submitted
Admission letter
SOP
Sponsors statement of account (2 accounts)
My statement of account (2 accounts)
Gift deed (showing deposit of the POF from my sponsor to me)
Documents of landed properties in Lagos, Abuja(dads)
Employment letter
IELTS result (added it since I already had it from a year ago)
Nysc cert
BA cert
Birth cert
Passport

I guess this is all or majorly all.

U are Welcome

Based on your screenshot , you application has shown tremendous progress.

I have a feeling if they ease their Travel Restrictions, they should start rolling out Final Approvals (Second Stage).

It will end in Praises!!!!! wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 10:46am On Oct 09, 2020
Hi!
Please the applicant you know that got PPR, was it just updated ghostly on his portal of there was an email to the effect? Also did the applicant receive AIP prior to the PPR?
Thanks for your response
rebecausoro:

I haven't gotten it yet. I know someone who has so I'm preempting mine and planning ahead. I know that some of the requests will come this month, especially for those who applied in April/May. The person who got his that I know applied in March.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:47am On Oct 09, 2020
Amen o, I really hope so
Lekiboboe:

U are Welcome

Based on your screenshot , you application has shown tremendous progress.

I have a feeling if they ease their Travel Restrictions, they should start rolling out Final Approvals (Second Stage).

It will end in Praises!!!!! wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2020
Ah.. MR in 2 days? Amazing.. This is looking good from where I'm sitting so congratulations.
Their trend state that AIP was for applications before 15th September for fall 2020.. There's been exceptions to this rule so who knows for sure? Just stay hopeful and be checking flights grin

Lanrelala:
Hello house, please is there anyone who applied after September 15th for January 2021 intake and has AIP?

2nd time applicant:
I applied September 21

No AIP.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lanrelala: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2020
Thank you very much! Hoping for positive outcome.

Much appreciation to JustMellow and other gurus in the house that keeps encouraging us and giving us solid advice. You guys are the real MVP.

Pee2Jay9:
Ah.. MR in 2 days? Amazing.. This is looking good from where I'm sitting so congratulations.
Their trend state that AIP was for applications before 15th September for fall 2020.. There's been exceptions to this rule so who knows for sure? Just stay hopeful and be checking flights grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2020
@Lanrelala This is really great news, I tap into this. Please can you share the documents you submitted? Also what was the reason for your previous rejection and how did you address it?

Lanrelala:

2nd time applicant:
I applied September 21

No AIP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lanrelala: 12:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
Previous rejection: February 2020.
Reasons: Employment, Finance, Home Ties.
GCMS: Generic reasons mentioned above, nothing specifically mentioned.

New Application:
SOP 4 pages
LOE 3 pages, addressing previous refusal.
University Certificate and Transcript
WAEC
Certificates from online courses that relates to course of study( I took 5 free courses between my last refusal date till new application and highlighted how each complements the course I'm going for in Canada)
Police character certificate
My Statement of Account with 1.4M closing balance.( didn't include it in first application)
Letter of employment(didn't include it in first application)
Confirmation of employment(didn't include it in first application)
Study leave(didn't include it in first application)
Letter of introduction from employer(didn't include it in first application)
Payslips for 3 months( didn't include it in first application)

Sponsor's(my biological brother) statement of account (business and personal) with 45k Cad balance
First semester tuition fee receipt $6000 Cad.
Sponsor's business documents. (Sole owner of business)
Sponsor's Letter of Sponsorship on business letterhead
Sponsor's affidavit of Sponsorship
Sponsor's property documents
Family photos
Birth certificate/ affidavit of all family members

sleekcheek:
@Lanrelala This is really great news, I tap into this. Please can you share the documents you submitted? Also what was the reason for your previous rejection and how did you address it?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 1:48pm On Oct 09, 2020
fratermathy:

If she gets admitted, she won't have issues getting the study permit. However, be prepared to show proof of adequate funds. I know someone in this program at McGill who already has an AIP. I wouldn't advise your sister to apply with her kid immediately except the child is less than 4 years of age. If she must apply with the child, she should be ready to show proof of more funds. Basically, if she gets admitted, she should plan to show proof of at least 10million in her account (tuition+living expenses).

If it’s proof that one is small, her husband is a custom officer and we also are ready to help her. Her child will be 3 by December 12 and she’s applying for fall 2021 admission.

Is it possible you can link us with the said person studying the course? Thanks for your reply and thanks in anticipation of your timely response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
adeniyi3971:

If it’s proof that one is small, her husband is a custom officer and we also are ready to help her. Her child will be 3 by December 12 and she’s applying for fall 2021 admission.

Is it possible you can link us with the said person studying the course? Thanks for your reply and thanks in anticipation of your timely response.

Sure. I'll talk to the person and get permission but in the mean time, you can send a pm request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
kunlewisdom:
Good day everyone, I am new here and Please I need your help on the following questions.

1. My brother applied for a study permit and was refused based on the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

2. His Sponsor was our maternal Uncle he has a registered biz, but we don't bear the same surname, I will like to know if this could be one of the reasons why he was refused, any idea please.

3. I want him to re-apply for the Visa but I will like to know if he can change the sponsor at this stage to Mum and then myself as a co-sponsor I work in a manufacturing company, Mum has a business but not registered with CAC, can this be a barrier?

4. I want to request for his GCMS but I learnt that only people living in Canada can apply, please any idea on how I can go about this.

Thanks to everyone as you help me on this questions

Sorry for your denial..

For the purpose of visit, what did he apply for bsc ,masters , diploma or PGD.
For the home ties.. Who and what did he use as hometies.

In his reapplication you and your mum can be his sponsors. Even the maternal uncle can still be a co-sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
fratermathy:

Sure. I'll talk to the person and get permission but in the mean time, you can send a pm request.

PM sent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kunlewisdom(m): 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2020
Thank you for your response, that information will really be helpful.

Chocs:
Hello kunlewisdom

I’m giving a response to question 5.
You can apply for your GCMS notes using a third party site. You do not need to be in Canada to do this. Kindly google “GCMS notes sites Canada” there are several websites you can order from. We are not allowed to post such links here so I can’t post it. It costs between 12-20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready.

Best wishes

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.