Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161288 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:40am On Oct 14, 2020
[quote author=Chanteljane post=94924948][/quote]
U r welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 11:03am On Oct 14, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The medical exam that was requested by IRCC will be automatically updated on her MyCIC account within three (3) working days.

Your friend who got admitted to University of Windsor should proceed with making the tuition deposit through FORM A. He should email the student financial services for the University's wire payment details which comprises of the Swift Code and Bank identifier number. Form A is quite cheaper in comparison with other mode of payment.

It will end in praise
amen , in Jesus name. Thank you bro . Really appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:20am On Oct 14, 2020
paul12345:
Hi JustMellow,
God bless you for the info.

All you said is well noted.Why I choose the communication is simply because i have part experience in communication in d bank where i work and and would love to exploit that part since I'm not grounded in it and it's more like am taking a study leave to return to my organisation after my program to continue with them.Hence the reason for my choice of program.

2ndly,the mutual fund has been save for over a yr and has been transacted upon but kept increasing except now we intend to use most of it for the school.besides It should still have about N4m left after paying schl fees and expenses for myself and baby.So dont you think this can be enough proof for them to survive on till my return even though my hubby salary is not much?

Please let me know what you think.

Many thanks JustMellow

Pls I'll appreciate if you can copy and send me your feedback to my mail also for personal reasons.
ijeomavalerie88@gmail.com

God bless you and others that have helped me here.You're truly one family.

Hello Paul12345,

Its good to be enlightened on your reasons for the course choice. NGN 4m is highly sufficient for the upkeep of a family of three for 2yrs coupled with the support of a working class adult.

To further strengthen your financial circumstances, you can included tuition fees payment receipt for one academic session for your other two kids (and letter from their school to the effect addressed to IRCC, if applicable).

If your family lives in a rental apartment, include rent payment receipt for at least 1yr and letter of contract agreement (if applicable). You can as well include a family health insurance or medical coverage certificate/evidence for at least a duration of 1yr.

If applicable, set up a family emergency savings account and have the 4m deposited in it. If this is not the case, you can use your spouse account to demonstrate the funds since he's going to be the sponsor. Mind you, it MAY be best if the mutual funds is liquidated before filing your application and include a letter/evidence to explain the lump sum deposit.

For obvious reasons, I may not be able to send you an email but if for personal reason(s) you intend to be privy, click on my signature and send a direct message. I will respond.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:25am On Oct 14, 2020
Nastan:
Dear Gurus in the house and great Nairalanders, greetings to you all.

I have come again to seek your help! I have been working on my SOP for more than a week, writing and rewriting.

At this point, I need someone that help proofread it for me. Please, Gurus with cognate knowledge in SOP structure and crafting, come to my rescue, I intend submitting my application for Study Permit this week. Please!!!!!

@Frankrobbn1
@naijaforeigner
@JustMellow
@Lekiboboe
Etc

Hello Nastan,

I hope others can respond positively. I can't help out within that short timeframe. Apologies!

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:29am On Oct 14, 2020
jogojogo:
please house, good evening. Please when reapplying for visa, should i still talk about me, the school i am going and my family or i should just go straight to the reasons that was given for refusal?

Hello Jogojogo,

You're required to talk about all the above when addressing the VO's concerns. If the VO's concerns are much, draft a separate letter to address the concerns.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekysoft(m): 11:33am On Oct 14, 2020
Hello everyone ??
been a long time here ? Guess i have missed a lot... Frankrobben..please i want to ask if there is anyone here that is in St john NL? headed there now .. kindly message.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2020
AbiodunMobi2025:
Hello Family, @ Frank, @ Luckymama @ Justwise @ Just Mellow @ all

My gcms note just landed and I will all need our contribution to help me understand what I can do before I reapply.
I was denied in my first application based on insufficient fund to finance my tuition and living expenses. My tuition is 14000cad and living expenses is 11000cad(quebec). My sponsor is my uncle(mother's brother) with a SOA of 21m as at the time of application and subsequently 34m one week after application. I submitted the following documents in my first application as POF.

1. Uncle SOA with a balance of 21m
2. Uncle birth certificate
3. My mothers birth certificate that shows she share same parent with uncle.
4. A family tree illustration
5. Uncle LOE and Affidavits that shows a breakdown of how he will be fueling my study, that he has been sponsoring me after the death of father during undergraduate, and that currently I am his only dependant as her two biological daughter are married.
6. Picture with uncle and my brother
7. Uncle business documents and drivers license.

Note: I didnt add my SOA in my first application because it is having a low balance and it wont count on the application to me. I was just 6month into Assistant Environmental officer position after a successful 9 months internship when I applied. I was placed on no payment as an intern and on a stipend during probation period in which I just concluded.

I am going for Msc Environmental Engineering.

I need our contribution considering the option that I wont be paying tuition before visa approval.

Hello AbiodunMobi2025,

I am sure if you get it right, you would get the visa in your next attempt. Why not get your uncle to have your LE transferred to you and try to pay for at least your first semester or present the 1yr education cost in your personal account. Also try as much as possible to include all necessary evidence of relationship with your uncle. If your uncle has been soley responsible for your wellbeing for some reasons, get evidence.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2020
Good morning guys. Pls I need ur advise as regards the FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY box on the IMM form.

Can I add the worth of my sponsor's landed property to the FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY box or should I ONLY use the funds that are in his account

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
Nastan:
Dear Gurus in the house and great Nairalanders, greetings to you all.

I have come again to seek your help! I have been working on my SOP for more than a week, writing and rewriting.

At this point, I need someone that help proofread it for me. Please, Gurus with cognate knowledge in SOP structure and crafting, come to my rescue, I intend submitting my application for Study Permit this week. Please!!!!!

@Frankrobbn1
@naijaforeigner
@JustMellow
@Lekiboboe
Etc

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jogojogo: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2020
Ok noted. Thanks a million.

JustMellow:

Hello Jogojogo,

You're required to talk about all the above when addressing the VO's concerns. If the VO's concerns are much, draft a separate letter to address the concerns.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MyRace: 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2020
Thank you @JustMellow.

Working on it already

JustMellow:

Hello MyRace,

The first step is to identify the mistakes and then work with the concerns stated in the notes to rework your letter(s). I think with the two point refusal reasons and with the help from the notes, you should be able to build insights on addressing the raised concerns accordingly. For the home ties, support your social ties with economic ties also.

If the error came from the VO, point this out too. I think you will do just fine, just focus.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2020
sleekysoft:
Hello everyone ??
been a long time here ? Guess i have missed a lot... Frankrobben..please i want to ask if there is anyone here that is in St john NL? headed there now .. kindly message.

I m not there. I m in 9ja but dm me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2020
sleekysoft:
Hello everyone ??

Hello,

Please did you travel from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
Toluchenko:
Good morning guys. Pls I need ur advise as regards the FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY box on the IMM form.

Can I add the worth of my sponsor's landed property to the FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR MY STAY box or should I ONLY use the funds that are in his account

Thanks

Funds available for your stay, is the amount that will be readily available and accessible by you during the course of your studies. Following this, you can't use the worth of a landed property in Nigeria or the entire funds in your Sponsor's account for this purpose. It is totally irrational for a sponsor to give you the whole money in his/her account for your abroad education.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2020
sleekysoft:
Hello everyone ??

The cruise master ! cool How you doing? Greetings to you. The applicants I know that are heading to NL province have deferred their admission to the next available intake.

All the best man.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mille: 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
Sorry if I'm derailing but I just want to rant here.

I applied thinking my masters GPA was 3.7. I basically just converted my overall masters grade from my grading system to the canadian one, using the international grade equivalency on their website. If they had done it semester by semester, it would have been 3.8. But they did it course by course and now I'm left with a 3.44 grade.

Please what are my chances. I applied to McGill and Utoronto for both funded masters and PhD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
adeenzo:
Hi Chocs and nairalanders

Please do you have any idea the typical time frame for canada to initiate communication with an applicant after successfully submitting his/her application... i submitted my application on the 7th of Sept and up till now no word from CIC is that odd or its the normal long timeframe?
Ps... i have done my biometrics since because of my previous travel to canada, so no letter from them indicating i go for my biometrics
please see the screenshot below to see the status of my application

In view of the attachment, I can understand that your application is still at its preliminary level and currently being processed by an Assistant Case Analyst at the High Commission of Nairobi. At this present time, you've to exercise a little more patience until a decision has been communicated to you.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

In view of the attachment, I can understand that your application is still at its preliminary level and currently being processed by an Assistant Case Analyst at the High Commission of Nairobi. At this present time, you've to exercise a little more patience until a decision has been communicated to you.

It will end in praise

Thanks so much Frankrobbn1 i am really grateful, I will continue waiting, and i believe all will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2020
Good evening gurus in house! I hail �

I had 2:2 in my first degree and obviously couldn't secure a University admission. So i do not understand when the VO said that 'looking at my educational history, my decision to study in Canada does not seem reasonable.

I want to reapply for SP. Course to commence January 2021. Is it too late to apply?

I have now gotten my inlaw to move the funds to my account.

I intend to attach a snapshot of the school's web page containing the course overview and career path and how it aligns with mine.

I INTEND SUBMITTING THE EXACT SAME FILE AS IN MY FIRST APPLICATION AND THIS TIME ALSO INCLUDE A LETTER OF EXPLANATION, MY NEW STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT, A LETTER FROM INLAW SAYING HE HAS NOW FORWARDED THE MONEY TO MY ACCOUNT. WILL THIS BE ENOUGH?

Please advise me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
GCMS note says approved since April and Visa issued in July. Has any Nigerian applicant recieved PPR recently?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ejoborigoodluck: 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2020
I have been asked to submit a new updated bank statement and you can see the photo .
does that mean if I submit a new updated bank statement they well give me visa and also does that mean all my other documents are okay by them expect from the updated bank statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mmesomamichael: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2020
Frankrobbn1:
Congratulations in advance to everyone on this honourable thread!.

I want to officially welcome you all to PART 17 a new dawn, a time of jubilation and testimony. On this faithful day, by the power in the name of Jesus Christ, I speak in life into every TRV applications in and out side of this thread awaiting response from IRCC. Today, I come with the full anointing of the Holy Ghost and I stand as an Oracle of the Most high God and I decree and declare as many of you that are believing God for TRV success, May God in heaven open every close doors in your life and may the Visa officers at the Canadian embassy be forced to grant you your visas... I call forth the heavenly beings (Archangles) to take charge of every applications here and perfect everything that concerns your application this time.

If you believe strongly in the grace of God Almighty, as you punch the LIKE BUTTON may heaven intervene in your case and may your application find favour in the sight of the visa officer. So shall it be in Jesus name.... AMEN!

Your Case is settled forever... Go and Rejoice.

Part 17 Grace --------------------------》100%Loaded!

Cc: Justwise thanks for the update & acknowledging my request. We look forward to a more productive days on this thread.

As always, IT WILL END IN PRAISES FOR EVERYONE

Please I submitted my student visa since February 22nd 2020, had my biometrics and medical test done which I passed but still haven't gotten an update about my application uptill now, I have made use of the Nairobi web form but still no updates. What do you advise I do?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hello Mmesomamichael
I’ll advice you to order your gcms notes. It will show the most recent state of your application.

To order it, just google “GCMS notes sites Canada” and you’ll see several websites you can order it from. It costs between $15-$20 cad and can take up to 35 days to be ready. If you have anyone in Canada(citizen, PR or a temporary resident) to order it on your behalf it would cost $5 cad only.

Best wishes
Mmesomamichael:

Please I submitted my student visa since February 22nd 2020, had my biometrics and medical test done which I passed but still haven't gotten an update about my application uptill now, I have made use of the Nairobi web form but still no updates. What do you advise I do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 6:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
ejoborigoodluck:
I have been asked to submit a new updated bank statement and you can see the photo .
does that mean if I submit a new updated bank statement they well give me visa and also does that mean all my other documents are okay by them expect from the updated bank statement

We can't exactly tell if what they need is a updated statement of account only or if this is a rejection and they are asking you to reapply with a updated statement of account. All indications point to the latter. In any case, let us have your complete profile and timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 6:50pm On Oct 14, 2020
It is unclear whether you have been rejected or if they want a new statement of account. However, take advantage of the situation. If you application is still opened, I think you should send an updated statement of account. It seems they are not sure you have enough money. So, if you have not paid tuition and you have the cash. I think you should pay ASAP. Then, send the receipt and new statement of account to IRCC.

If your application has been finalised. Then it means you have been rejected. GET a GCMS to be sure if their's nothing else. If their's nothing else then, maybe follow my suggestion above in your new application and use same documents. You can get a co sponsor too.

ejoborigoodluck:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2020
Mille:
Sorry if I'm derailing but I just want to rant here.

I applied thinking my masters GPA was 3.7. I basically just converted my overall masters grade from my grading system to the canadian one, using the international grade equivalency on their website. If they had done it semester by semester, it would have been 3.8. But they did it course by course and now I'm left with a 3.44 grade.

Please what are my chances. I applied to McGill and Utoronto for both funded masters and PhD.
How did you get to apply for funded phd at mcgill?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2020
It's very likely your application has been approved. Get a GCMS note. I also think you should send an inquiry to Nairobi. I have an applicant in the same situation. He submitted around the same time as you. GCMS says application approved but he's still waiting for PPR. He has emailed Nairobi and he's waiting for response. Let me know if you send an inquiry to Nairobi.

Good luck

Mmesomamichael:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekysoft(m): 7:33pm On Oct 14, 2020
NOpe i am going from Corner Brook(Mun grenfell campus)
LordAA:

Hello,

Please did you travel from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Arosam(m): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2020
It's urgent ooo, which other payment method can one use? Deadline for school fee payment is 18th Oct. Went to the bank but they said they are out of dollars
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mmesomamichael: 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2020
dommakavelli:
It's very likely your application has been approved. Get a GCMS note. I also think you should send an inquiry to Nairobi. I have an applicant in the same situation. He submitted around the same time as you. GCMS says application approved but he's still waiting for PPR. He has emailed Nairobi and he's waiting for response. Let me know if you send an inquiry to Nairobi.

Good luck

Thanks for advice but how do I start the enquiry and please could you send me Nairobi's email address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oghogho1313: 8:07pm On Oct 14, 2020
ejoborigoodluck:

Hi Bro,

When did you apply? What's your timeline like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hello everyone,I got my gcms note today

Timeline
submitted july 16th
Aip-july 30
medical request-july 31st
medical updated- august 26
biometrics done-august 25

gcms ordered- September 16

gcms arrived today october 14

Hopefully I get ppr soon.

I wish everyone Goodluck.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.