Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160693 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2020
Oreoluwamipo:
She's applying into Candore college , and yes HR as well .. She studied Psychology - BSC

What do you think pls?

Hmmm..ok Oreoluwamipo,

Well..

In my own opinion,

In her Cover Letter,
she should find a way to create/develop a cogent reason why she's going for a PGC in HR (based on her Degree in Psychology & her Work experience in Customer Service Rep.)

The link below can help her in that

https://www.online-psychology-degrees.org/faq/can-i-pursue-a-human-resources-job-with-a-psychology-degree/#:~:text=While%20some%20colleges%20and%20universities,the%20field%20of%20human%20resources.

Also, about her Customer Service Representative Work experience,
I would suggest she should check for the Similarities btw Customer Service Rep. and HR, so she can av more clarity & cogent reasons on why she's going for a PG. Cert in HR at Candore College.

The link below can help her to decipher that
https://www./any-similarity-between-customer-service-job-human-resource-sharmin

So in a nutshell, she should endeavor to write a Cover Letter based on the above information, and also make use of those Tips I mentioned to u based on your Scenerio (Pol. Science transitioning to HR)

Also,
all of this are what she can write in her SOP (Statement of Purpose),
Cos even after she gains the admission, Canada Study Visa Application is like another hurdle which she gotta convince a Visa Officer (VO) in her SOP with Cogent (Strong) Reasons why she is going for a an HR program instead of a Psychology or Psychology-related Program.

I hope u find this helpful

All da best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2020
Seunbankole:
bless honourable
U are welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Papapa1234: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
Hello Everyone , I am 31 years , married with two kids.. I have been running my business ,never worked.. I has a second class lower.. an agent I met said I should give up the Canadian dream for schooling cos I do not qualify.. I intentionally waited to have my kids before furthering and pursuing a career.. I feel sad. What can I do pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2020
Hello Papapa1234,
Don’t let the negative words get to you. Though it might have come from a good place. In my opinion, you should give it a try. Do the required work of researching and getting information that would help you package a strong application.

What did you study in your first degree? Is it a bsc?
Since you have second class lower, you should be looking at post graduate diplomas or post graduate certificates.

Is your business registered? What line of business is it?

You can decide to go to the same field as your business or previous study.

You need to select a good course that shows career progression

Write a every strong SOP (statement of purpose)

Have the required funds

Prove you will come back home after your studies.

And everything will fall into place

Best wishes

Papapa1234:
Hello Everyone , I am 31 years , married with two kids.. I have been running my business ,never worked.. I has a second class lower.. an agent I met said I should give up the Canadian dream for schooling cos I do not qualify.. I intentionally waited to have my kids before furthering and pursuing a career.. I feel sad. What can I do pls?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Papapa1234: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
Oh wow..you have just lifted my spirit.i will definitely give it a try..I won’t give up..
Thanks so much
Chocs:
Hello Papapa1234,
Don’t let the negative words get to you. Though it might have come from a good place. In my opinion, you should give it a try. Do the required work of researching and getting information that would help you package a strong application.

What did you study in your first degree? Is it a bsc?
Since you have second class lower, you should be looking at post graduate diplomas or post graduate certificates.

Is your business registered? What line of business is it?

You can decide to go to the same field as your business or previous study.

You need to select a good course that shows career progression

Write a every strong SOP (statement of purpose)

Have the required funds

Prove you will come back home after your studies.

And everything will fall into place

Best wishes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2020
Don't give up at all. Start reading from the beginning of this thread, you would find a lot of useful information. It might seem like a lot to read, but when you go through, you would see that you do stand a chance.

It's all about the course you choose and how you package your application.

Canadian Study permit might be tough to get but definitely not impossible for you.

Also, feel free to ask questions here.

This Nairaland family is amazing! A lot of selfless people here.

Papapa1234:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
Yes. Saskatchewan has been approved DLI

To everyone who has AIP and recently got BVL,
is ur DLI approved for the COVID-19 readiness plan?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/approved-dli.html#wb-auto-42[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
Guys my gcms notes has arrived. Can someone explain to me please? Looks like the diploma thing as Frank said and probably MY Sop has the issue. I also noticed my criminality was put as "cancelled"

Cc frankrobbn chocs lekiboboe and Co

Please

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
Papapa1234:

They suppose lay that agent down, flog am 56 times at the village square.. brother just get the required funds, get a good school that is a registered DLI, get a program that shows career progression and package well, you should be good to go. I advice you go to part 16 and this present thread and read well. All which you seek is within. Godspeed bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:18pm On Oct 21, 2020
Olayinkaji:
Guys my gcms notes has arrived. Can someone explain to me please? Looks like the diploma thing as Frank said and probably MY Sop has the issue. I also noticed my criminality was put as "cancelled"

Please
So sorry about ur refusal Honorable Olayinkaji

Do u av a B.SC or HND? If yes, u shouldn't av gone for a DIPLOMA, that's no Career/Academic Progression.

- Its either u go for a PG. Cert (if u av a 2.2 or HND) or Masters (if u av a minimum of 2.1)
- The Program must either align with ur Fmr degree (B.SC/HND) or Work experience ( 2 years or more)

Application Plan is Vague & Poorly documented is referring to ur SOP

Criminality Cancelled - did u submit a Police Clearance Certificate?

Do Share your Profile by:
Listing the Documents u submitted for both ur "Client Information & POF"

With that Members in house can be able to connect the VO's comment with ur Documents and av a clarity on why u got refused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2020
Sorry about this, it simply means the application didn't pass the eligibility stage which denotes an automatic refusal. Have you gotten refusal letter? Did you get AIP? How about mer?
Olayinkaji:

Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by aduomayebe: 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2020
Hello guys. So I applied for Post Graduate Certificate course on Occupational Health and safety management at Lambton college in Toronto. My visa was denied in late September but I got my GCMs note today.
The initial purpose of denial in the refusal letter was 1) purpose of visit and 2) I won’t leave Canada Based on my personal assets and financial status.
I have paid the first semester fees and have sufficient money for the next fees.
Total money available in the account statement was around USD 250,000.
Please gurus in the house kindly see my GCMs note and help dissect the case and advised me appropriately

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:27pm On Oct 21, 2020
Pimp04:
Sorry about this, it simply means the application didn't pass the eligibility stage which denotes an automatic refusal. Have you gotten refusal letter? Did you get AIP? How about mer?
Yes I have gotten refusal already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2020
Lekiboboe:

So sorry about ur refusal Honorable Olayinkaji

Do u av a B.SC or HND? If yes, u shouldn't av gone for a DIPLOMA, that's no Career/Academic Progression.

- Its either u go for a PG. Cert (if u av a 2.2 or HND) or Masters (if u av a minimum of 2.1)
- The Program must either align with ur Fmr degree (B.SC/HND) or Work experience ( 2 years or more)

Application Plan is Vague & Poorly documented is referring to ur SOP

Criminality Cancelled - did u submit a Police Clearance Certificate?

Do Share your Profile by:
Listing the Documents u submitted for both ur "Client Information & POF"

With that Members in house can be able to connect the VO's comment with ur Documents and av a clarity on why u got refused

Yes I have a BSc Electrical Electronics. The submission was done by the agent.

Profile as stated before boss
Olayinkaji:

Okay, I used a agent as advised by parents.
My profile: Got admission to NBCC for IT(Network and security)
Presently working as a Projects Officer (almost related to the course).
I wrote an SOP stating why I wanted to pursue the course as I am presently a part time Network Adminstartor in my fathers secondary school(i coordinate and install all internet/networok issues around the college) which made me manage a lots of projects around the school.
I stated after the diploma, i will later pursue a masters degree in same related field to advance my career as i grad'ed with 2-2.
I submitted land document, cac of the school, sponsor(dad) soa with a balance of 8m(total credit 22m, total debit -13m for 6 months duration; it expired on the day the agent submitted due to lockdown affecting soa release) and fixed deposit of 3m.
* Offer of employment as projects officer and letter stating as network administrator of the school(since its family-owned)
* Work ID card (as projects officer) with employment letter
* Letter of support
* CCNA cerficate
* I have never traveled outside Africa before except to benin on tour.

Grad year:2017,
Work date: immediately after my nysc ( more than a year work experience)
Medicals: did upfront medicals
Date of application: may 1,
BCL: May 2,
Upfront Medicals updated to pass: May 25

I hope this is enough profile if not, please feel free to ask me for more details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chydon4God: 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2020
Please I need someone to guide me, I have first degree in chemistry and masters in operations and supply chain management and then banking experience. I want to go to Canada to study another Masters. Should I make it chemistry related or banking related to enable me get visa easily?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:30pm On Oct 21, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Yes I have a BSc Electrical Electronics. The submission was done by the agent.

Profile as stated before boss
Based on my own view on ur profile,

- U made an Error in the place u mentioned after the diploma, i will later pursue a masters degree in same related field to advance my career as i grad'ed with 2-2..
Since u av a 2.2, even if u wanna do a Masters in ur later Career, a PG. Cert/PGD is the next thing to do in which you need to av hood grades in, cos it is impossible to pursue a Masters after doing a DIPLOMA.

- Going for a DIPLOMA after a B.SC is a Red Flag

So for Career Progression purpose, u av shown u av work experience in N+ Network Administrator,

A PG. Cert in a Computer Network related Related program such as
- PG. Cert in Wireless Network
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=Wire&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

- PG. Cert in Cyber Security
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=Cybers&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

is what u should go for............

- Write a strong LOE (Letter of Explanation) to tackle the Refusal Reasons made BT the Visa Officer

Do await more inputs from members in house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Based on my own view on ur profile,

- U made an Error in the place u mentioned after the diploma, i will later pursue a masters degree in same related field to advance my career as i grad'ed with 2-2..
Since u av a 2.2, even if u wanna do a Masters in ur later Career, a PG. Cert/PGD is the next thing to do in which you need to av hood grades in, cos it is impossible to pursue a Masters after doing a DIPLOMA.

- Going for a DIPLOMA after a B.SC is a Red Flag

So for Career Progression purpose, u av shown u av work experience in N+ Network Administrator,

A PG. Cert in a Computer Network related Related program such as
- PG. Cert in Wireless Network
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=Wire&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

- PG. Cert in Cyber Security
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=Cybers&page=0&by%5BProgramCredentialEnglish%5D%5B0%5D=Graduate%20Certificate

is what u should go for............

- Write a strong LOE (Letter of Explanation) to tackle the Refusal Reasons made BT the Visa Officer

Do await more inputs from members in house

Yes I see I made a big mistake in the diploma also pointed out by Frank. Agfnt should have advised me better.
Sorry to ask is it better I go for a projects/business related work (as my employment details) or go as networking/computer. I have no problem doing the two, only looking at the job offers over there relating to the courses.

Your advise is appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 11:38pm On Oct 21, 2020
Hello Chydon4God,

Banking related would make more sense.
Chydon4God:
Please I need someone to guide me, I have first degree in chemistry and masters in operations and supply chain management and then banking experience. I want to go to Canada to study another Masters. Should I make it chemistry related or banking related to enable me get visa easily?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 22, 2020
I am not a guru like some people in this house but since you have your masters and work experience why not just do IELTS and go the express entry route. It might save you the cost of study

Chydon4God:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 1:33am On Oct 22, 2020
HI GUYS.

Got my notes earlier today. See extracts below. Regarding medicals, my portal got updated to passed on the 16th of Oct meanwhile the date on the notes is 10th Oct which explains why medicals is yet to reflect in the notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:35am On Oct 22, 2020
Hi Eilenora,

Nothing is showing below
Eilenora:
HI GUYS.

Got my notes earlier today. See extracts below. Regarding medicals, my portal got updated to passed on the 16th of Oct meanwhile the date on the notes is 10th Oct which explains why medicals is yet to reflect in the notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 1:51am On Oct 22, 2020
Eilenora:
HI GUYS.

I have done biometrics and even saw several comments confirming biometrics done and good in the notes so I dont know why it reads outstanding.. For the rest of the comments, looks like it is still in the review stages so still on the waiting game. Let me know what you guys think as I am not sure I have seen this in any other notes I have come accross on the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 1:54am On Oct 22, 2020
I have reposted now.

Chocs:
Hi Eilenora,

Nothing is showing below

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 2:16am On Oct 22, 2020
This looks positive to me. The outstanding might have been entered before you gave your biometrics. I can see the “may accept employment..” talk and eligibility passed, so it looks positive. Congratulations in advance. Stay positive
Eilenora:

I have done biometrics and even saw several comments confirming biometrics done and good in the notes so I dont know why it reads outstanding.. For the rest of the comments, looks like it is still in the review stages so still on the waiting game. Let me know what you guys think as I am not sure I have seen this in any other notes I have come accross on the thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 4:09am On Oct 22, 2020
fratermathy:

Congrats. When you finally download the letter, do tell us if it came from the Nairobi office.

Like how do you know which office it's coming from. A sample I saw has no office address on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:39am On Oct 22, 2020
Yesterday, some people in the house got letters without an address but usually the address is written at the end of the letter.
MOKENN:

Like how do you know which office it's coming from. A sample I saw has no office address on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fehinebony(f): 6:44am On Oct 22, 2020
BVL Dropped yesterday evening' 21st of October

Timeline of my Application
Applied 19th June, 2020
Medical request was sent on 21st of July, 2020
Medical was updated to pass on 28th of Jully, 2020
I received AIP 18th of August , 2020

BVL was issued in China

I pray the China VOs will be bearers of Good News, Amen

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifelajulo: 6:46am On Oct 22, 2020
Good Morning gurus in the house, I received this mail early this morning (see attachment). My school is not in the COVID 19 approved DLI and I don't think they are interested in getting approval because they have mailed me that they will not be taking International students in 2021.

Although my Admission has been withdrawn by the school, I got AIP, passed Medical and Biometrics. Lekkibobo advised me to apply to other schools which I have done.

Should I remain positive even with this mail?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:50am On Oct 22, 2020
Congratulations in advance.
fehinebony:
BVL Dropped yesterday evening' 21st of October

Timeline of my Application
Applied 19th June, 2020
Medical request was sent on 21st of July, 2020
Medical was updated to pass on 28th of Jully, 2020
I received AIP 18th of August , 2020

BVL was issued in China

I pray the China VOs will be bearers of Good News, Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:51am On Oct 22, 2020
This is not a negative email. It’s just saying AIP isn’t a study permit and you can’t travel with an AIP. Stay positive
Ifelajulo:
Good Morning gurus in the house, I received this mail early this morning (see attachment). My school is not in the COVID 19 approved DLI and I don't think they are interested in getting approval because they have mailed me that they will not be taking International students in 2021.

Although my Admission has been withdrawn by the school, I got AIP, passed Medical and Biometrics. Lekkibobo advised me to apply to other schools which I have done.

Should I remain positive even with this mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 6:58am On Oct 22, 2020
for those that got bvl,did you get your aip from ircc china or ircc nairobi office?

Also has anybody gotten bvl or ppr from ircc nairobi?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2020
Ifelajulo:
Good Morning gurus in the house, I received this mail
I also received the mail, have gotten Aip and Medical request, and my school is not on the approved list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.