Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155275 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 11:21am On Oct 22, 2020
Hello chocs. Yes I have done my biometrics before (I have previously traveled to Canada) hence I didn’t get a biometric request, my application just says we are currently reviewing your eligibility and also background check processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Pimp04:
@Frankrobbn1

@Lekiboboe

Hi, so for my case I applied March 24, with biometrics from previous application and upfront medical, got AiP Aug 6, then got deferral letter from my college for Jan 2021 intake August too. You advice I send it to IRCC Kenya office immediately? If yes how?
Also could this be the reason I'm yet to get a BVL?

Please raise a webform and provide the updated LOA to the Nairobi immigration office.

IRCC WEBFORM NAIRAOBI.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2020
heidepaper:
Hello. I’m in Abuja. I have sent an email to vfs to enquire. They said it will take 2 days or less to get a reply. People in the house have said it’s via courier, if that’s the case I’ll use DHL

Please what email address did you use?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2020
Long post alert. Approval!

Abbreviations used in my write-up
SOA - Statement of account
POF - Proof of fund
LOA - Letter of acceptance
Uni - University
LOE - Letter of explanation
SOP - Statement of purpose
BVL - Biometric validity letter
PPR - Passport request

Online Application: 20 September
Application was submitted with upfront medical
Biometric request: 21 September
Biometrics done: 23 September
Biometrics updated to pass: 23 September
Medical updated to pass: 23 September
Eligibility review and background check started: 23 September
BVL: October 21
PPR: October 22

Application from Nigeria.

No AIP. No address of the office where the BVL and PPR came from.

Sponsor: Parent

Profile: First time applicant, Last degree completed 1.5 years ago, 25, been doing only voluntary work since last degree

Course: Msc - thesis based with funding. The program has a minimum funding amount that every student gets once admitted.

Tuition: I did not pay any tuition or deposit.

Course is a bit related to my undergraduate degree but the relationship won’t be very clear to someone not in the field, so I took my time to show the relationship in my SOP. I stated the relationship between my previous study and the course, and also some voluntary work/courses I did relating to the course. I also stated some courses from my undergrad degree that are related to the course I applied for. I stated that those related courses from my undergrad have laid a foundation that would make me successful in the course I’m going for in Canada.

Documents submitted
The 3 forms as seen on my checklist on my GC account after answering the questionnaire. I did not print out any form to sign by hand. I gave a signature(by writing my full name as in my passport) on the portal there before submitting my application that covered for everything. I put dates in the required spaces though.

Upfront medical slip uploaded to the upfront medical session (gotten from the clinic after I completed my exam)
NB: if you want to attach an upfront medical exam slip before submitting your application and you can’t find the “upfront medical exam” section to upload your medical slip, it means you did not answer the questionnaire properly. Please go back and make sure you choose “YES” when asked if you’ve had any medical exam with a panel physician in the last 12 months.

Conditional LOA for January 2021 (condition to be fulfilled: sending transcript and degree certificate to the University)

Digital photo (according to the stated specification on the GC account when you click the question mark sign next to the name of the document)

International passport (old ones and current one) Included all pages with entry/exit stamps and visas

POF documents:

•Sponsor’s Bank statement
•Applicant’s bank statement
•Payslip of sponsor
•Business registration documents of sponsor
•Sponsor’s letter of Introduction from employer
•Last promotion letter of sponsor
•Employment letter for sponsor
•Sponsor’s pension statement (was not used as a proof of fund, just to show sponsor has back up money post-retirement)
•Property proof of sponsor
•Sponsorship letter (no affidavit was done, sponsor just signed)
•Included LOA to show funding received
•Screenshot for conversion of amounts in account to CAD (with time and date showing)

Client information
•LOE 4 pages (3 pages of write up and the last page was a list of documents I attached to the client information section and what page they can be found on)
•Birth certificate of applicant
•Uni Transcript
•Degree Certificate
•WAEC result
•IELTS result
•Certificates from courses/trainings related to the proposed course I’m going for
•CV/resume
•Documents showing proof of voluntary work since completion of my last degree (for gap since my last study)
•Deed of gift for a land from sponsor
•Sale agreement for a property to explain lump sum deposit in sponsor’s SOA
•Police character certificate(only the certificate, that’s the first page)
•Picture showing sponsor and I
•Certificate of state of origin

TIP:
Arrange your documents properly. Make it easy for the visa officer to go through your application. I had a table of content for most sections listing out the documents it contained and what page they were on.

All the best to everyone expecting good news.
Thanks to everyone in the house who assisted in one way or the other. I’ll be here to assist others too.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2020
englois:
Just to encourage those with second class lower (2.2) not to give up. I got my offer of admission from university of Windsor for Masters program (MASC). Thank you Jesus! Now to start processing my visa

SOrry you had admission with 2-2?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:27am On Oct 22, 2020
Yes yes, the news I signed up for.. congratulations
Faith243:
Long post alert
PPR request, let me catch my breathe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Please raise a webform and provide the update LOA for Nairobi immigration office.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=nairobi

It will end in praise

Oga frank kindly help me check the gcms notes I posted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2020
Congratulations to those who got their PPR.
And to those waiting and those that will re-apply, may ours end in praises too.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2020
Chocs:
Hello @lekkiboe

The summary of this is that, if 150 days has passed since the student’s intended start date of the program, the VO should ask the student to show an updated letter of acceptance to be sure the student still has an admission for a new start date before they continue processing the visa.

If it is less than 150 days since the start time for the course, they can continue processing without asking for a letter.

Based on this, it does not matter when you defer. They just want to see you still have an admission before issuing you a study permit.

Best wishes
Thanks Hon. Chocs ...appreciate....

Can I conclude that this scenerio does not av anything to do with the Applicant who got AIP and hasn't gotten BVL yet or could it be that cos his skool (DL) is yet to be in the Covid-19 readiness Plans ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:33am On Oct 22, 2020
adeenzo:
Hello chocs. Yes I have done my biometrics before (I have previously traveled to Canada) hence I didn’t get a biometric request, my application just says we are currently reviewing your eligibility and also background check processing.

The visa officer is reviewing whether you meet the requirements for a study permit to Canada which include your choice of program and proof of funds. Whilst, the CBSA are verifying if you have any criminal records in any country. Apparently, your application is still in process, further correspondence will be communicated to you soon. Keep faith alive.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2020
Congratulations to all those that got their PPR...
you guys are giving us hope..
I’ll join in sharing my good news soon.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 11:38am On Oct 22, 2020
A very big congratulations to everybody that got their PPR!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by starkyniichan(m): 11:41am On Oct 22, 2020
A friend got ppr

Applied - July 11

Aip - August 6

Biometrics - September

Bvl - October 21

ppr - October 22

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demure178(m): 11:45am On Oct 22, 2020
If you are applying for Canada and the section for medical request and you don't have a medical form. What can I upload there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by demure178(m): 11:47am On Oct 22, 2020
heidepaper:
Long post alert

Abbreviations used in my write-up
SOA- Statement of account
POF- Proof of fund
LOA- Letter of acceptance
Uni - University
LOE- Letter of explanation
SOP- Statement of purpose
BVL - Biometric validity letter
PPR - Passport request

Online Application: 20 September
Application was submitted with upfront medical
Biometric request: 21 September
Biometrics done: 23 September
Biometrics updated to pass: 23 September
Medical updated to pass: 23 September
Eligibility review and background check started: 23 September
BVL: October 21
PPR: October 22

Application from Nigeria.

No AIP. No address of the office where the BVL and PPR came from.

Sponsor: Parent

Profile: First time applicant, Last degree completed 1.5 years ago, 25, been doing only voluntary work since last degree

Course: Msc - thesis based with 20k funding for each year. The program has a minimum funding amount that every student gets once admitted.

Tuition is ~9k cad. I did not pay any tuition or deposit.

Course is a bit related to my undergraduate degree but the relationship won’t be very clear to someone not in the field, so I took my time to show the relationship in my SOP. I stated the relationship between my previous study and the course, and also some voluntary work/courses I did relating to the course. I also stated some courses from my undergrad degree that are related to the course I applied for. I stated that those related courses from my undergrad have laid a foundation that would make me successful in the course I’m going for in Canada.

Documents submitted
The 3 forms as seen on my checklist on my GC account after answering the questionnaire. I did not sign any form, I gave a signature(by writing my full name as in my passport) before submitting my application that covered for everything. I put dates in the required spaces though.

Upfront medical slip uploaded to the upfront medical session (gotten from the clinic after I completed my exam)
NB: if you want to attach an upfront medical exam slip before submitting your application and you can’t find the “upfront medical exam” section to upload your medical slip, it means you did not answer the questionnaire properly. Please go back and make sure you choose “YES” when asked if you’ve had any medical exam with a panel physician in the last 12 months.

Conditional LOA for January 2021 (condition to be fulfilled: sending transcript and degree certificate to the University)

Digital photo (according to the stated specification on the GC account when you click the question mark sign next to the name of the document)

International passport (old ones and current one) Included all pages with entry/exit stamps and visas

POF documents:
Total funds 6m + 10k cad transferred to me + 20k funding from my program

•Payslip of sponsor
•Sponsor’s pension statement (was not used as a proof of fund, just to show sponsor has back up money post-retirement)
•Screenshot for conversion of amounts in account to CAD (with time and date showing)

Client information
•LOE 4 pages (3 pages of write up and the last page was a list of documents I was attached to the client information section and what page they can be found on)
•Uni Transcript
•Degree Certificate
•WAEC result
•IELTS result
•Certificates from courses/trainings related to the proposed course I’m going for
•CV/resume
•Documents showing proof of voluntary work since completion of my last degree (for gap since my last study)

TIP:
Arrange your documents properly. Make it easy for the visa officer to go through your application. I had a table of content for most sections listing out the documents it contained and what page they were on.

Thanks to everyone in the house who assisted in one way or the other. I’ll be here to assist others too.

Can I have your contact please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 22, 2020
Hello, sure!

Send me a private message here. We can communicate via email.

Cheers
demure178:

Can I have your contact please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:50am On Oct 22, 2020
Please is there anybody that got PPR whose DLI is not on the covid19 readiness list
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 22, 2020
heidepaper:
Long post alert

Documents submitted
The 3 forms as seen on my checklist on my GC account after answering the questionnaire. I did not sign any form, I gave a signature(by writing my full name as in my passport) before submitting my application that covered for everything. I put dates in the required spaces though.

POF documents:
Total funds 6m + 10k cad transferred to me + 20k funding from my program

•Payslip of sponsor

Client information
•LOE 4 pages (3 pages of write up and the last page was a list of documents I was attached to the client information section and what page they can be found on)
•Uni Transcript
•Degree Certificate
•WAEC result
•IELTS result
•CV/resume

TIP:

big congrats boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Zodka: 11:53am On Oct 22, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The University of Manitoba processing times for undergraduate admission takes about 4 weeks. Whilst for post graduate programs are processed within 3-4 months depending on the choice of your program. You can email the graduate admissions to inquire why your application has taken longer than expected.

It will end in praise.

Thanks, yeah. I emailed them. I was told decisions will be made in April next year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:57am On Oct 22, 2020
Noted . Thanks so much.

JustMellow:

Hello Oreoluwamipo,

You may want to look at other course like Leadership in Management courses at Royal Roads University. Political Science in Almost all Canadian Universities are very competitive with very limited seats for International Studies of less that 16.

Also, the department mostly appreciates and place priority for those with the course background. If you're bent to secure an admission in Pol. sci., you may also want to check University of Victoria which is strictly thesis/research-based program with full funding provided by supervisors.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 11:57am On Oct 22, 2020
Hi
Please if an applicant has an AIP and he did paper application should he expect a BVL. Or he will just expect his passport stamped with the BVL. His school is an approved DLI.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Honorable Nairaluck posted this Snapshot on the 1st of SEPTEMBER

I think this should address the Situation but I don't know if there is any new development to this effect.

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten PPR.

My application since Aug 19th has remained in eligibility and background check is under review.

We keep hoping for the best as I hope to share my testimony soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dbankx1:

Hello, sorry for the disturbance, but it isint too clear, should I upload my mother’s details like birth certificate and passport or my fathers birth certificate in the client information ? Or where can I upload such documents Or should I upload them in the financial sector as they are both my sponsors??

If I were you, I will include my parent's birth certificates in the client information section and upload financial documents such as account statements, affidavits, CAC docs, sponsor's payslips, gift deeds etc. in the proof of funds section. I will also mention in my SOP all this information and where they can be located in my application. This is why I advice to include a table of content page as the first page in any merged pdf, this page will contain the description of the documents merged in the file and the page numbers.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
From this, schools like Fanshawe whose plan is yet to be approved; our applications are on hold and wont advance to ppr stage. OUCH!

quote author=silvamania post=95195680]Maybe we can learn from this ;
*IRCC WEBINAR for Indians OCT 22*

1. Your visa will be in a deactivated state if your college is not on the covid ready list (those who have visas)
2. If you have an AIP for 2021 then you must have deffered and if you did then you have to notify the ircc about the defferal with a new loa via the webform
3. for the classes starting in 2021 you will get a normal visa (NO AIP if you have an aip send them the new LOA via webform)
4. All the applications will be on hold if the said DLI is not yet on the list. only those application who's DLI's are on the list will be prioritised and also advances to 2nd stage.
5. If you have completed 1 full year online you are still eligible for PGWP (for 1 year programs)
6. If your college is on the list you can travel anytime for sept students irrespective of the mode of delivery (3 weeks prior before the class start date for jan students)
7. VFS will open stage wise (Delhi vfs is open for accepting passports)
8. There is no date on vfs yet discussions are going for November opening.
9. No POE is needed if your DLI is on the list. carry your loa, quarantine package list (or ur quarantine plans), passport and visa.
10. when they know when vacs will open then they will prioritise who has to give biometrics first.
11. No ppr's will be issued without biometrics (my ppr is on hold due to no bio)
12. passport requests will be sent to students who's DLI is on the list.
13. Quarantine plan is at the college discretion.
14. you can give biometrics in another country but you cant give biometrics at the port of entry (no bio no visa)
15. DLI list will be updated every 2 weeks (dli can update you before the 2 week time).

*SOURCE :- IRCC WEBINAR*
*©️KSA*[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 12:09pm On Oct 22, 2020
You're the real honorable, thanks man.
Lekiboboe:

It finally ended in Praises
Congratulations Honorable Jermaineayo, am so happy for you.. smiley

Oya go and start getting your Winter Boots, Jackets , Turtle Neck Top, Gloves etc. Ready... wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hello, I used info.cannig@vfshelpline.com

DINO71:

Please what email address did you use?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
Judging from extract from IRCC INDIA webinar, I seriouslt doubt it

Dameelee:
Please is there anybody that got PPR whose DLI is not on the covid19 readiness list
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
adeenzo:
@chocs, I am torn inbetween ordering my gcms notes or I should just wait it out, it’s being 45 days since my online application was submitted and still Canada hasn’t initiated any first response ... God take the wheel
I advise you order for it. I have done mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hi everyone

Is it possible for paper applicants to receive PPR after AIP and medical request passed since passport submitted already??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Obanidavid: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hello family, my PPR just landed too. All glory be to God and thanks to this e-family.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adwal2020: 12:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
To God be the glory!

I take this opportunity to appreciate all gurus and everyone on here who keep giving their time and effort to assist in answering questions, even when many will come here to insult and accuse them falsely without any proof.

Special shout out to Frankrobbin and Qudkom for their unexplainable and unlimited assistance to make this application a success. They motivated my spirit when am about to quit and gave answers that quenched my doubts.  I am impressed by their extensive knowledge and ability to share relevant information in an understandable manner. At last, the GOLDEN MAIL (PPR!) dropped in my mailbox today.

2nd time applicant from Nigeria
VAC: Nairobi but my file was transferred to China due to Covid 19
University: University Canada West.
Programme: MBA FINANCE
Intake: Deferred to Winter 2021

Timeline for 1st Application

Date Applied: 10th December 2019
Biometrics Request: 11th December 2019
Biometrics Given: 16th December 2019 updated on my GCkey account same day
Upfront Medical: 6th December 2019
Medical Updated Passed: No
BVL dropped: 31st January 2020.
Application Refused: 2nd February 2020 though Refusal letter dropped on 3rd February 2020

Timeline for 2nd Application

Date Applied: 2 April 2020
Biometrics Request: No, since I had already done Biometric in my 1st Application
AIP: 6th August 2020
Upfront Medical: Used the same medical that was submitted in my 1st application (Since Medical will expire after 1 year)
Medical Updated Passed: 30th September 2020 (My medical was not updated until 30th Sept after sending several webform and emails. Infact I have to request for my medical report at some point to know if I had any issue with my medical)
Request for Updated LOA: 8th October 2020. Submitted the following day since I already collected my deferment letter from my school. It was acknowledged as received on my GcKey acct.
BVL/Correspondence Letter: 21st October 2020
Passport Request (PPR) and Info on submission of Passport due to Covid: 22nd October 2020

Documents Submitted for 1st Application

1. All necessary IMM forms
2. Letter of Acceptance
3. BSc degree certificate
4. Copies of travel stamps, visas to show travel history. Though I have only travel to few countries.
5. Children birth certificate
6. Marriage certificate
7. Company bank statement and reference letter

Reason for refusal:

Applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed study would be a reasonable expense and family ties.

Documents Submitted for 2nd Application

1. All necessary IMM forms
2. Letter of Acceptance
3. BSc degree certificate
4. Copies of travel stamps, visas to show travel history. 
5. Letter of Explanation to tackle reason for my 1st application refusal stating my companies business activities, impact within my communities etc.

I also ensured that all funds that was moved to my personal savings account in lump sum was clearly stated as purpose of School fees, feeding and accommodation.

6. All documents arranged and merged in one pdf
7. Wife and children birth certificate.
8. Children school fees payment receipt and letter from school stating that my children school fees has been paid - for 4 terms (Whole of 2020 and part of 2021)
9. Copy of my upfront medical since it was not updated to pass in my 1st application
10. My company CAC documents, and tax clearance for my 2 businesses.
12. Letter from NGO’s acknowledging my company contributions and support.
13. Certificate of trainings attended so far. Those trainings are relevant to my intended program of study.

Home Ties: I used my business as my home tie. I stated it clearly that am only going to canada to gain international business experience and exposure, that I will come back home to infuse those experience and knowledge to my business here in Nigeria. 

I used my house and other properties I have in my name and wife as home tie too. I did an asset affidavit and Asset valuation.

I also issued an employment letter to my wife, appointing her as the company director. This was done to show the Visa Officer that my business will still keep operating in my absence. 

Proof of Fund:

1. I was self-sponsored, so I showed my 2 companies bank statement.

2. Personal account

3. Reference letter from my bank for all the accounts.

4. Receipt for prepaid School Fee of CAD8k+

It was a long wait as Covid 19 set in. I had to request for my GCMs note on 3rd August 2020. It was delivered on 18th August 2020. 

From the note, I noticed my application was approved on 26th April 2020 but IRCC couldn’t give approval due to Covid 19.

For everyone still waiting, I believe the miraculous gift to all answered prayers is knocking already.

For those who have been rejected, please keep the hope, keep asking questions and continue to do the right thing.

As Frankrobbin will always say, It will end in praise !

Thanks.

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.