Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155489 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
JohnErrin:

when i try to pay, all i see is debit card and interac, no flywire option
**i am talking about visa not tuition

GTB master card : $200 limit . #390-#399 exchange rate

Access bank visa card : $1,000 monthly limit. #445/$ .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 11:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
BoyHuncho:

Hailings sir, please I wanna verify if IELTS is a neccessary criteria for Nigerian applicants at lambton.

Thanks.

Yes it is. I ran away from them cos of IELTS to Langara.

After application, Langara also started asking for language test as new requirements, I was forced to write Duolingo. Passed it the second time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2020
fratermathy:

You can send to me via pm...
Sent you a mail now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BoyHuncho(m): 12:06am On Oct 29, 2020
Legacyedition:

Yes it is. I ran away from them cos of IELTS to Langara.

After application, Langara also started asking for language test as new requirements, I was forced to write Duolingo. Passed it the second time.
chai wahala! Just to be completely sure chief, did they specifically tell u that it is needed for nigerians? Because I saw an option for "not applicable" while trying to register on their site and someone else said it wasn't neccessary for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 12:15am On Oct 29, 2020
BoyHuncho:
chai wahala! Just to be completely sure chief, did they specifically tell u that it is needed for nigerians? Because I saw an option for "not applicable" while trying to register on their site and someone else said it wasn't neccessary for Nigerians

You can contact them. They might have changed. Covid might have reset their brain.

This was the school reply last June.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 12:40am On Oct 29, 2020
amobola:
Hi house, pls if someone arrives late for his vfs biometrics appointment in Lagos, can the person still be attended to same day or he has to reschedule?

A similar thing happened to me when I went for my biometrics. My appointment was for 12; due to traffic arrived at 2pm (I was traveling from outside Lagos). I called them on the way, they told me they will attend to me if I get there before 3pm. Got there, explained to one of the workers at the gate and he allowed me in.

If you can, don't late.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 2:36am On Oct 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

@milkytins, truth be told it is almost impossible to convince the visa officer that you're a genuine student. The GCMS note has adequately enumerated the concerns of the visa officer and reapplying to study a master's program which is lower than your already completed degree doesn't show a career progression. As a consequence, I would strongly encourage you to explore the Express Entry route, max your IELTS (8,7,7,7), get your credentials evaluated by WES/ICES and apply to become a permanent resident of Canada. The PR route is straightforward and more assured once your documents are complete.

As always, it will end in praise

Thanks bro. IELTS 8,7,7,7 is far too low to meet current score even with my PhD cos of age and addition of family. Even IELTS 9,9,9,9 gives me 461.
I will try other routes. Thank u for ur contribution. God bless u.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Betterlife2018: 4:37am On Oct 29, 2020
milkytins:

Thanks bro. IELTS 8,7,7,7 is far too low to meet current score even with my PhD cos of age and addition of family. Even IELTS 9,9,9,9 gives me 461.
I will try other routes. Thank u for ur contribution. God bless u.

I know how you feel it will surely end in praise. My candid advice is to venture into Express entry, I think you are in IT related field. You might be lucky to get Ontario nomination- they picked lots of IT related NOC these days.
Have you considered non- accompanying spouse route if that will boost your score. Have you considered learning French language, What of your spouse- any chances from that angle.

Have you checked Saskatchewan PNP- you might be lucky too

Go to the NL forum for Express entry and learn more.

You can as well reapply for SP- there is always a miracle if you don't give up.
No time to waste. Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 6:39am On Oct 29, 2020
Any new BVL or PPR update from yesterday or this morning?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by joyenaholo11(f): 6:54am On Oct 29, 2020
Thank you very much.
I can use any DHL office right?

heidepaper:
Hello,

What I did was to send my passport and other documents vi DHL to VFS Canada Abuja. I sent it with a two way courier. A two way courier means I paid for them to take it to VFS and also to bring it back to me when the passport has been stamped.

These are the documents I included in mine:

International passport

Letter form IRCC asking me to submit my passport

Signed consent form (if you need the form, send me a private message and ask for it)

Original receipt I got during biometrics from VFS with the 2 colored photocopy of my passport that was attached to it

2 passport photographs

Also note that when VFS finally replied my email, they said these are the required documents (please see picture below) but I had already submitted mine by then.

The cost of the DHL was 3,300 Naira for everything.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 7:12am On Oct 29, 2020
Yes

joyenaholo11:
Thank you very much.
I can use any DHL office right?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 7:15am On Oct 29, 2020
Just got BVL today

Application profile:

Submitted August 25th
upfront Medical Passed September 4th
AIP- September 12th
BVL- 29th October

Faithful God! on Webform i was informed my file was in Nairobi but the BVL came from China.

Seems to reduce backlog,China office is issuing the BVLs.

Best wishes to all waiting.

rebecausoro:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 7:18am On Oct 29, 2020
Tenianu:
Just got BVL today

Application profile:

Submitted August 25th
AIP- September 12th
BVL- 29th October

Faithful God! on Webform i was informed my file was in Nairobi but the BVL came from China.

Congratulations to you. The China office has now become the centre of good news.

I wonder what IRCC is doing to those who applied between March and May. It is well o.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 7:25am On Oct 29, 2020
rebecausoro:

Congratulations to you. The China office has now become the centre of good news.

I wonder what IRCC is doing to those who applied between March and May. It is well o.

Is your school on the list of DLIs with approved covid-19 readiness plan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 7:26am On Oct 29, 2020
SKEPTA:

Is your school on the list of DLIs with approved covid-19 readiness plan?

It is. MUN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 7:36am On Oct 29, 2020
Why do people only get BVLs and PPRs at night in Nigeria? It also seems they get it almost at the same time too. It's kind of weird that they don't send these things during the day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 7:36am On Oct 29, 2020
Please send me the VFS consent form

heidepaper:
grin Your own dey come soon.

I think all airlines are operating. No?

I’ve not really settled flight. Waiting for my passport to arrive.

But my preferred airlines are Turkish and Lufthansa.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tenianu: 7:38am On Oct 29, 2020
China is about 10 hours time difference ...

Time Zone difference i guess

rebecausoro:
Why do people only get BVLs and PPRs at night in Nigeria? It also seems they get it almost at the same time too. It's kind of weird that they don't send these things during the day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vigzodgreat2020: 7:56am On Oct 29, 2020
Hi Ayoola03. Please can I send your a pm?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2020
DefyTheOdds:
Hello heidepaper, Please what sections of the VFS consent form did you fill?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2020
Hello

Please send me a private message, when I accept your request you can ask for it. It’s easier for me that wy.

Cheers
Tenianu:
Please send me the VFS consent form

mbboxed atgmaildot com

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 8:09am On Oct 29, 2020
Congrats to you. Please which office in China? Beijing??

Tenianu:
Just got BVL today

Application profile:

Submitted August 25th
AIP- September 12th
BVL- 29th October

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Whispering: 8:26am On Oct 29, 2020
Yes oh!

March Application... Just checked my mail and BVL dropped at 3:45am from China.

rebecausoro:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:26am On Oct 29, 2020
Please has this happened to anybody? The current status of my application showed Application updated (but I didn't get any email), I tried opening my application but it wasn't opening, and all of a sudden my current status changed to Submitted. I feel like Canada is just fucking with me hehe... day 52 of my application submitted and still no contact sad sad. It will end in praise grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2020
Chocs:
Honorable, he’s talking of visa fees not tuition.

Yea.. He explained
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

@Anon123, I appreciate your insightful comments and contributions on this platform.

However, I have concerns that the bolded suggestion put forward by you as regards @milkytins enquiry is misleading and falsifying.

Advising @milkytins to conceal the fact of having acquired a Masters and PhD in his reapplication is misrepresentation. Please note that withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter according section 40(2)(a) of the Canadian Immigration law would automatically render him inadmissible to Canada for a period of five (5) years. Therefore, I don't believe this is the best move at this point in his application.

@milkytins, truth be told it is almost impossible to convince the visa officer that you're a genuine student. The GCMS note has adequately enumerated the concerns of the visa officer and reapplying to study a master's program which is lower than your already completed degree doesn't show a career progression. As a consequence, I would strongly encourage you to explore the Express Entry route, max your IELTS (8,7,7,7), get your credentials evaluated by WES/ICES and apply to become a permanent resident of Canada. The PR route is straightforward and more assured once your documents are complete.

As always, it will end in praise

Duly noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:40am On Oct 29, 2020
Chocs:
He has already included it in this application and they have it on record. If he removes it he’s joking with a 5 year ban. Please don’t try it.

Yea.. Thanks for the correction
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:42am On Oct 29, 2020
adeenzo:
Please has this happened to anybody? The current status of my application showed Application updated (but I didn't get any email), I tried opening my application but it wasn't opening, and all of a sudden my current status changed to Submitted. I feel like Canada is just fucking with me hehe... day 52 of my application submitted and still no contact sad sad. It will end in praise grin

Its a norm here... Just keep being positive

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 29, 2020
It’s called ghost update. It means they’re working on your application.
adeenzo:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 8:56am On Oct 29, 2020
adeenzo:

Day 52.

Have you gotten medical request?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2020
Legacyedition:

Day 52.

Have you gotten medical request?.

No honorable, I haven't
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:59am On Oct 29, 2020
heidepaper:
It’s called ghost update. It means they’re working on your application.
Does that mean my application will soon be updated?

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.