Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1164416 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sacrono: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2020
Hello everyone.

Pls I have a big confusion. I've been going through school websites for my masters, most of which specify that I don't need an English proficiency test like IELTS if I graduated from an English speaking country. On the other hand I see everyone talking about taking the English exams.

Can I really get masters admission without IELTS in Canada given that I graduated from a school in Ghana?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DefyTheOdds: 9:23am On Oct 29, 2020
Thank you!

heidepaper:
Hello

I gave consent to information sharing (first part of the form)

I gave consent to giving biometrics (last part of the form)

I didn’t consent to using agents or receiving help from VFS staff (last part of the form)

Cheers

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2020
skull4eva:

Sent you a mail now
Sent the sop sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2020
Please house can someone help me the current cost of medical examinations at IOM Abuja
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 9:34am On Oct 29, 2020
Anamekele:
Please house can someone help me the current cost of medical examinations at IOM Abuja
Thanks.
It would be around 35-60k depending on the number of tests they run for you.
Please I will like to ask, when did you get your medical request? or are you doing upfront medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2020
sacrono:
Hello everyone.

Pls I have a big confusion. I've been going through school websites for my masters, most of which specify that I don't need an English proficiency test like IELTS if I graduated from an English speaking country. On the other hand I see everyone talking about taking the English exams.

Can I really get masters admission without IELTS in Canada given that I graduated from a school in Ghana?
Hi,

As Regards English Test Requirement you see on school websites, u are exempted if you are a NIGERIAN, GHANIAN etc.

If u are a NIGERIAN, Ghanaian, u don't need an English Test to apply for a Masters in a Canadian Skool, NIGERIA, GHANA is an English Speaking Country & ur medium of instruction from the University is English etc

IELTS (English Test) for admission in Canada are meant for countries whose language or official language is not ENGLISH e.g India, China, Philippine , Vietnam etc.

If you are mandated by the skool in Canada to get a Proof of English Proficiency,
Contact (mail) your skool in Ghana , that u need an English Test Waiver/Exemption letter I.e LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Find attached a Sample of an English Test Waiver/Exemption Letter you should get from ur sch. in Ghana

In a nutshell,
Yes, u can get Masters Admission without IELTS in Canada

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:41am On Oct 29, 2020
adeenzo:
Please has this happened to anybody? The current status of my application showed Application updated (but I didn't get any email), I tried opening my application but it wasn't opening, and all of a sudden my current status changed to Submitted. I feel like Canada is just fucking with me hehe... day 52 of my application submitted and still no contact sad sad. It will end in praise grin

It's called "Ghost Update"...... Your application status will change to "Application/Profile Updated" and upon login the status will suddenly return back to "Submitted". Please do not panic as your application is progressing and looked into by an immigration officer. Expect a good news soonest from IRCC.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anamekele: 9:45am On Oct 29, 2020
adeenzo:

It would be around 35-60k depending on the number of tests they run for you.
Please I will like to ask, when did you get your medical request? or are you doing upfront medicals?
Today

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:54am On Oct 29, 2020
sacrono:
Hello everyone.

You DON'T need to write IELTS once you graduated from an English speaking country and the language of instructions during your undergraduate were taught in English language. It is important to note that Ghana is also among the countries waived from showing language proficiency. Kindly go ahead with your application for master's admission.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It's called "Ghost Update"...... Your application status will change to "Application/Profile Updated" and upon login the status will suddenly return back to "Submitted". Please do not panic as your application is progressing and looked into by an immigration officer. Expect a good news soonest from IRCC.

It will end in praise
Thanks, Frankrobbn1 for the clarity.. I am patiently awaiting the good news, hopefully on or before tomorrow grin grin

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2020
adeenzo:

Amen
Thanks, Frankrobbn1 for the clarity.. I am patiently awaiting the good news, hopefully on or before tomorrow grin grin

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:04am On Oct 29, 2020
adeenzo:

It will end in praise

May it be done according to your heart desire. Amen!. Keep the house posted on the outcome of your application.

As always, it will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

Just like my own no updates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 10:23am On Oct 29, 2020
NairaLuck:

Just like my own no updates
Did this also happen to you today?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 10:23am On Oct 29, 2020
Lekiboboe, good day .... i am still on the hunt for a PGD diploma in Canada. You did recommend Nbss for me last week with a Human resource Management PGD. Can i please get more options from universities with very low tuition ? thanks as you reply to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 10:44am On Oct 29, 2020
adeenzo:

Did this also happen to you today?

Yes. Got ghost update this morning
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 10:56am On Oct 29, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders,

I’ve been a quiet reader and became a new member today. I must commend the good works here.

Although I asked someone to help ask this question but I thought it would be better I do the asking myself to be fully involved.

Here’s my concern;
I got the biometrics request on 9th and got it done 20th. Till date, my profile still shows action required; we need your biometrics. I already called VFS severally and they asked me to send an email to the visa office which I have done.

Someone I spoke with said until they confirm receipt of biometrics, they won’t start any processing. Although my background check and the rest say we are processing your background check and eligibility says your application is in progress.

I will like to know what this means please and if anyone has been in this position, what was done and how long the wait was before it got updated.

From date of submission my application is 21days today and from the day I had biometrics done, 9days today.

Please I’ll be glad to read from everyone.

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 11:21am On Oct 29, 2020
owolabia:

Yes. Got ghost update this morning
Have you done your medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2020
adeenzo:

Have you done your medicals?

Yes. Medical request passed on 19th Sept
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 29, 2020
46,500 if you’re 15 years old and above. If you want their information sheet, you can send me a private message. I’ll forward it via email
Anamekele:
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by luckyjojo: 11:42am On Oct 29, 2020
Please has Lagos Vfs opened after the closure last week. I want to submit my passport.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sacrono: 11:42am On Oct 29, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

As Regards English Test Requirement you see on school websites, u are exempted if you are a NIGERIAN, GHANIAN etc.

If u are a NIGERIAN, Ghanaian, u don't need an English Test to apply for a Masters in a Canadian Skool, NIGERIA, GHANA is an English Speaking Country & ur medium of instruction from the University is English etc

IELTS (English Test) for admission in Canada are meant for countries whose language or official language is not ENGLISH e.g India, China, Philippine , Vietnam etc.

If you are mandated by the skool in Canada to get a Proof of English Proficiency,
Contact (mail) your skool in Ghana , that u need an English Test Waiver/Exemption letter I.e LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Find attached a Sample of an English Test Waiver/Exemption Letter you should get from ur sch. in Ghana

In a nutshell,
Yes, u can get Masters Admission without IELTS in Canada
Thank you for the detailed answer. God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sacrono: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You DON'T need to write IELTS once you graduated from an English speaking country and the language of instructions during your undergraduate were taught in English language. It is important to note that Ghana is also among the countries waived from showing language proficiency. Kindly go ahead with your application for master's admission.

It will end in praise
Thanks a lot! Amen and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2020
gustav25:
Lekiboboe, good day .... i am still on the hunt for a PGD diploma in Canada. You did recommend Nbss for me last week with a Human resource Management PGD. Can i please get more options from universities with very low tuition ? thanks as you reply to this
For PG in HR from Universities with Low Tuition, non I know of,

The chunk of HR programs (PG) in Canada are mostly in Colleges, only few Universities have HR programs & they are only available on Masters Level

The tuition of colleges in ONTARIO starts from the range of $14,000 CAD upward

So in summary,
For PG in HR. Program with low tuition, NBCC is you best shot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2020
Yes it is open, when did you get PPR?
luckyjojo:
Please has Lagos Vfs opened after the closure last week. I want to submit my passport.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Beebeedream: 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hi Everyone! Please I need samples of recommendations letters for Masters admission, I have actually drafted something but I need to be sure I have gotten it right.
Also the school did not really specify the recommendation letters to be academic, please does this mean I can use a colleague or friend as references.

Thank you.

Pleeeeeeeease still need a response, I have gone through the threads and haven’t gotten this.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hello All,

please I need help with my SOP. I need someone to help me review it. Plenty thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
Lekiboboe:

For PG in HR from Universities with Low Tuition, non I know of,

The chunk of HR programs (PG) in Canada are mostly in Colleges, only few Universities have HR programs & they are only available on Masters Level

The tuition of colleges in ONTARIO starts from the range of $14,000 CAD upward

So in summary,
For PG in HR. Program with low tuition, NBCC is you best shot.
i just found it .... sorry for this post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
gustav25:
screw... it seems the seat for human resource management is occupied and exhausted already cry cry cry
Seat exhausted??

You mean the PG. In HR seats for Sept.2021 intake is alrdy full?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Seat exhausted??

You mean the PG. In HR seats for Sept.2021 intake is alrdy full?
my bad .... i just saw it now . Sorry for my fallacy of hasty generalization

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by shopil: 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Good Morning Nairalanders,

Please i seek for assistance:

I am a graduate of Accounting with OND,HND,AAT,BSC,ACA, ACMA, CGMA(CIMA), 30 years of Age married with a kid. I have 9 years working experience in the accounting and finance field. My wife is also 30yrs of age, a Tax consultant with a Big4 audit firm in Nigeria with OND,HND,ACA she has 3years working experience with the firm.

We are interested in relocating to Canada.

Is it possible my wife apply for admission upon getting the admission can i follow her since i have more certification to get a Job and as i am aware my CIMA qualification can get me Canada CPA which is a top notch. I am a bit green in this application process and i need your assistance in directing me to the right thread where i can get more info. I have gone through some threads here and its quite lengthy and some of the info's are not what i need to kick start the process.

Please kindly assist a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
shopil:
Good Morning Nairalanders,

Please i seek for assistance:

I am a graduate of Accounting with OND,HND,AAT,BSC,ACA, ACMA, CGMA(CIMA), 30 years of Age married with a kid. I have 9 years working experience in the accounting and finance field. My wife is also 30yrs of age, a Tax consultant with a Big4 audit firm in Nigeria with OND,HND,ACA she has 3years working experience with the firm.

We are interested in relocating to Canada.

Is it possible my wife apply for admission upon getting the admission can i follow her since i have more certification to get a Job and as i am aware my CIMA qualification can get me Canada CPA which is a top notch. I am a bit green in this application process and i need your assistance in directing me to the right thread where i can get more info. I have gone through some threads here and its quite lengthy and some of the info's are not what i need to kick start the process.

Please kindly assist a brother.

WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE ELDERS HERE

I will suggest,
Why note try express entry and you apply as PA then your wife an kid accompany you? Evaluate your credentials it will be "2 or More Certificates" then you and your wife have over 3years work experience. So Enroll for ENGLISH CERTIFICATION EXAM and you should get an ITA with high Band Scores.
Dont stress your self with study route when you're qualified for PR from here.

It takes time and patience but it's worth it

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.