Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,231 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1165958 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
BoyHuncho:
Hello fam, please is it possible to use a savings account for statement of account purposes??

Answers needed urgently.
Yes , Any account works.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by highmey(m): 11:52pm On Nov 04, 2020
highmey:
Hello Everyone,

A quick one; please is there any school that accepts Nigerian PGD in Canada for their Masters Programme. I know some schools in UK accepts it though.

I have both HND (Upper Credit) and PGD (Distinction) both in Computer Science as I intend going for Masters in Data Analytics/Big Data/Artificial Intelligence.

I've made lots of research on this, but it seems most Canadian Unis accepts only HND or BSc (2.2) for their PGD/C.

Please help, your input will be very much appreciated!!!

FYI

I think most University in Canada do not accept Nigerian HND+PGD into their Masters' Programme; Rather, go for a PGD/C if you have an HND, then elevate to MSc.

Here are schools that DO NOT accept HND+PGD for their MSc.
1. University of Manitoba
https://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/nigeria.html

Here are schools that MAY accept HND+PGD for their MSc.
1. Carleton University
https://graduate.carleton.ca/international/admission-requirements/nigeria/

PS: I will update the list as I make more findings.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wendynuel: 12:17am On Nov 05, 2020
Hello,

I received my ppr yesterday. Thank you to everyone that contribute on this platform. We are all winners. I am optimistic that many more approvals will come through.

Details of application will be posted later.

Submitted application - 21st June 2020 (with upfront medical) - Ist time applicant
AIP - 6th August
PPR - 4th November

Thank you

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wendynuel: 12:37am On Nov 05, 2020
Please I need assistance with the 2nd and 3rd page of the form. Indirect submission consent and the biometrics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 5:06am On Nov 05, 2020
Congratulations

You’re welcome! All the best in Canada smiley
Dee4Doyinsola:
Congratulations to you too smiley. Thanks a lot for your help.
Thanks to honourable Chocs as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 6:14am On Nov 05, 2020
For all the old timers here, please how long does it usually take for Lagos VAC to process and return passports on the average? Mine was delivered yesterday and since those who submitted since last two weeks are yet to give us feedback, I must assume that it takes well over 2 weeks. Would that be correct? I'm just curious because I want to start planning ahead of an estimated time.

Cc: frankrobbn, justmellow, chocs and anyone else who can help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 6:33am On Nov 05, 2020
Usually 7-10 business days.

I think the first set of people submitted their passports last week Monday/Tuesday and they’re yet to get a feedback from VFS. We will use them to ‘track’ the process, at this time.

Once again, be calming down...lol

rebecausoro:
For all the old timers here, please how long does it usually take for Lagos VAC to process and return passports on the average? Mine was delivered yesterday and since those who submitted since last two weeks are yet to give us feedback, I must assume that it takes well over 2 weeks. Would that be correct? I'm just curious because I want to start planning ahead of an estimated time.

Cc: frankrobbn, justmellow, chocs and anyone else who can help

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunledavidz: 7:00am On Nov 05, 2020
Hi Gurus,

Please help, I want to re-submit my application by next week

My GCMS file dropped yesterday and the reason for my rejection was stated.

I applied for PGC in Global Business Management @ Centennial College though I have HND in Statistics and also ICAN chartered accountant with over 6 years of working experience. Since I can't apply for Masters Degree except doing PGC because I actually wanted to do an MBA in Business Administration.

I was refused based on the attached documents.

I want to reapply, please any information or direction to go about this will be appreciated.

@ frankrobbn, justmellow, chocs and the gurus.

Thank you

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oyibo4real: 7:04am On Nov 05, 2020
oyibo4real:
Congratulations to all with success stories and to the hopefuls as well; it will always end in praise for us all.

Please I'd like to ask, for programs with co-op option, can one add the experience gained during this period as part of Canadian work experience in the future? I'm asking cos there's an arguement over this, between me and my friend and it's important I/we understand this before taking any decision. Somebody please come to our rescue, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2020
Legacyedition:
Mzmisty

Longjonjoe

Kelvine95 welcome grin

Silvamania welcome

Olasubomy welcome

Mademan01 do notify us if you get any update.

Tomitomeroo Sept 30 . ( we are set bros grin)

We are all early October baby. cheesy . Them seniors done get ppr

Make we gather.. cool

Class mates.

Application updated...... You all can check also .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 8:19am On Nov 05, 2020
Legacyedition:

Class mates.

Thanks Legacyedition, Mine has been updated also but it is not allowing me to login fully maybe some system glitch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adunola20: 8:33am On Nov 05, 2020
Marh:
Pls any update on your children's application?

No update yet oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2020
Adunola20:

No update yet oo

IRCC is focusing on study permit applications. Other forms of TRV are not being considered at this point. You may get a response when they've cleared their backlogs but just keep your fingers crossed on that. Their aim at this point is to finalise the applications of individual study permit seekers. Accompanying family members will not be prioritised yet but this could change soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 8:54am On Nov 05, 2020
Legacyedition:

Class mates.

Hi Legacyedition

No update for me yet.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 8:55am On Nov 05, 2020
olasubomy:

Thanks Legacyedition, Mine has been updated also but it is not allowing me to login fully maybe some system glitch.

Hi

Please when did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 9:02am On Nov 05, 2020
olasubomy:

Same thing happened here. Not quite sure it's a glitch. It's ghost update. Our applications is being worked on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 9:02am On Nov 05, 2020
MzMisty:

Hi

Please when did you submit your application?

Hi MzMisty Oct 4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 9:03am On Nov 05, 2020
MzMisty:

Hi Legacyedition

No update for me yet.

Maybe you missed the timing or something. Let's hear from other classmates too that checked after you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goodman25: 9:13am On Nov 05, 2020
Ujeinijobog:
And just to inspire someone, I had a 2:2 and got full funding. So to anyone out there, shoot your shots and do not let anything deter you from aiming higher than you ordinarily will cause you'll never know!

Congrats on your Visa. Please which school did you apply to. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2020
olasubomy:

Hi MzMisty Oct 4

Oh...ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 9:35am On Nov 05, 2020
Legacyedition:

Maybe you missed the timing or something. Let's hear from other classmates too that checked after you.

Timing?
What timing? �
Has yours always been on “action required“ before it changed today?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2020
MzMisty:

Timing?
What timing? �
Has yours always been on “action required“ before it changed today?

No... Submitted?.

What's the needed action?. Biometrics?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 9:47am On Nov 05, 2020
Legacyedition:

No... Submitted?.

Yes yes. Biometrics.
Did mine already and I sent web forms to China, Lagos, Nairobi with details of it but nothing yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2020
MzMisty:

Yes yes. Biometrics.
Did mine already and I sent web forms to China, Lagos, Nairobi with details of it but nothing yet.

Please send more.

Send more mail

Send more webform .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2020
Legacyedition:

Same thing happened here. Not quite sure it's a glitch. It's ghost update. Our applications is being worked on.

Please, when did you do biometrics? I heard it is from the date of biometrics processing time count.

Btw, there is no update in mine and I applied same oct 4th and did biometrics on the 19th Oct.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2020
Legacyedition:

No... Submitted?.

But this is what my page shows.

The biometrics details below is still blank on my profile.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 9:55am On Nov 05, 2020
kelvine95:

Please, when did you do biometrics? I heard it is from the date of biometrics processing time count.

Btw, there is no update in mine and I applied same oct 4th and did biometrics on the 19th Oct.

We did Biometrics same day. October 19.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2020
kelvine95:

I submitted Oct 8 and did my biometrics 20th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2020
MzMisty:

But this is what my page shows.

The biometrics details below is still blank on my profile.

It should be the biometrics then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.