Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156042 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 6:51pm On May 16, 2020
Nice! I hope it works this time.
Rollyxxmv:
First refusal reasons: Family ties and employment situation

I didn't include any proof family ties, meanwhile advisory says Family members birth cert, even if they're not accompanying you. I didn't also include any employment info, advisory stated otherwise

2nd refusal: the whole 5 generic reasons(Fam ties, employment, travel history, purpose, Finance status)

I retified the reasons for the first refusal, Only for me to include my POF which was 2-3months prior to my submission
Advisory says Up to date or at best 1month prior

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Austacus: 7:02pm On May 16, 2020
librangyps:

Got this off ircc website.

Please check official fee schedule and birth certificates.

I was asked if I have taken any standardized English language test before, I ticked yes and my toefl score report is the evidence.

I hope my GMAT score report also helps to push the point that I merited the admission for mba.

Hi,

The essence of the requirements is proof of relationship between you and your parents. Therefore, providing siblings' birth certificates is absolutely not needed. You don't need it in your application!
you are to provide a civil or religious record of yourself and your parents, it could be a birth certificate, baptism certificate, parents marriage certificates, or adoption whatsoever...

There is enough space in IMM FORM to list all your siblings and provide their DOB.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 7:07pm On May 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please I have a quick question; are we required to submit the additional forms that are in the Visa office instructions document?

They just seem like a repetition of the the information that i already provided in the actual CIC forms (the family information and application for study permit forms), the visa office instruction document also has a document checklist, are we meant to submit it because there is a checklist document from CIC as well.

They are asking for family information all over again in the visa office form, employment history etc, not sure why this is necessary because I already completed the cic forms providing the same info.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 16, 2020
Cflow10:
Good day house and all the gurus, I’m writing my SOP right now, is it advisable to talk about a school that you paid the acceptance fee then turned down because of another school in order to like show how much you care about this particular school and their program?

Thank you for your responses.
i've read several SOPs, personally I think you should just concentrate on why you chose the school, just focus on the main stuff.
hope it helps...still the gurus/expert could offer better insght. just be patient before submitting.

it shall end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 16, 2020
jpepper:
Hello everyone,

Please I have a quick question; are we required to submit the additional forms that are in the Visa office instructions document?

They just seem like a repetition of the the information that i already provided in the actual CIC forms (the family information and application for study permit forms), the visa office instruction document also has a document checklist, are we meant to submit it because there is a checklist document from CIC as well.

They are asking for family information all over again in the visa office form, employment history etc, not sure why this is necessary because I already completed the cic forms providing the same info.

Thanks
To avoid stories that touch,you should fill and submit,its a form afterall....still wait on gurus to give a better insight
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sterling1122(f): 7:14pm On May 16, 2020
Hi people,

Please I’m a newbie here and I’d like to ask if everyone that submitted their study permit application on this platform notarized every of the documents they uploaded.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rollyxxmv(m): 7:16pm On May 16, 2020
I think this is for people going through paper route.
jpepper:
Hello everyone,

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:21pm On May 16, 2020
mcobex:
Great job bro
Thanks... @mcobex...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 7:22pm On May 16, 2020
Meek127:

To avoid stories that touch,you should fill and submit,its a form afterall....still wait on gurus to give a better insight

Thanks for the quick response, i get your point, the only issue is that I have document size constraint and I have tried my best to compress, I don't want to end up with illegible documents just because I am adding things that are not even relevant in the first place
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 7:24pm On May 16, 2020
Rollyxxmv:
I think this is for people going through paper route.

Thanks, I am leaning towards this position as well, I would have just submitted the forms anyway, but I am struggling with the max document size so I want to avoid unnecessary documents that will force me to compress to a point where the text is barely legible

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 7:28pm On May 16, 2020
@Frankrobbn1 please what are your thoughts on this?

jpepper:
Hello everyone,

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:30pm On May 16, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Lekiboboe

It won't be susceptible to your application in any way and the reason comes in two:

1. I believe the inflow and outflow has history of similar running amounts or to such extent.

2. To be totally satisfied, you can as well just print the BS cover page and the page of the transaction and support it in brief in your Letter.

Nice job you doing here!

Alright, Roger that
Thanks xo mch for ur Input @JustMellow

My Pleasure cool!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rollyxxmv(m): 7:30pm On May 16, 2020
How do i pm boss, so you check out this sop please
kanuchinweotito@gmail.com is mine..

dommakavelli:
Nice! I hope it works this time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 7:33pm On May 16, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It's confirm today from IRCC news! Fall 2020 courses will be conducted Onine due to the COVID-19 and this doesn't have any negative impact when applying for your PGWP in future. Automatically, you shouldn't think of travelling to Canada until after the fall term 2020. Students can begin programs online from outside of Canada and complete up to 50% of their program outside Canada.

COVID-19 PANDEMIC has disrupted so many plans and activities. However, keep the faith and hope for the best.

It will end in praise.

Hmm, I don't like this at all, considering the power situation in Nigeria (no light) and even having to pay for data to keep up, bad network, time difference issues as well. This COVID-19 is a total disruption.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:44pm On May 16, 2020
Doloris2626:
[color=#006600][/color]
@frank, @justmellow and other gurus in the house.
I wish to share my profile here so you people can advice me;
I have a bachelor of science in estate management and have paid $1000 non refundable deposit to confirm my seat for in class diploma program in construction management technology at Nscc.
I don't have a corporate job, and no strong personal POF. I have no registered business or assets to prove economic home ties. My tuition fees and living expenses would be taken care of by my maternal uncle(mom's brother) he is a Canadian citizen and is very keen to sponsor me.
Note: I was denied last year because of insufficient funds, and I used my mom' account statement which had almost 6 million, and mine which has 1m and also I paid 1yr tuition fees($14000). Pls, I need ideas on how to package my application so that I will get it right this time considering my profile.
Thanks in anticipation!!

Hello Doloris2626,

I don't know what reasons your previous application was refused for and if you'd applied with same Diploma program or Course of study and how you'd explained your application/situation.

My observation inwardly was based on your brief explanations. Only go ahead with the program if you can satisfactorily delineate your reasons for it to the VO. If not, go for a progressional program like a PGD/C.

I don't know if the financial situation in your previous application has changed but you should consider using your mom as a co-sponsor and get your uncle to transfer the LE to you. This will support and raise the closing balance in your personal account. Get your uncle to pay part or full of your tuition fees and supporting it with his own BS and financial documents and his PR card or document. This way, your mom can show her 6m and you can show your account lets say 4m coupled with that of your uncle which I believe is sufficient. Since the tuition and LE expenses is out of the way, your mom can write a co-sponsorship letter declaring the amount that she's commiting into the intent and the purpose its budgeted to meet. Also, same goes for the sponsor.

I suggested using your mom as co-sponsor because the core funds will be coming from your uncle which if reflected in the part of your uncle and considering the easily verification of his personal/financial situation gives more credibility to your financial availaibility and strength to support and help your application.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:51pm On May 16, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Hello, please proceed

Thank you for your revert, I already DM'd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:53pm On May 16, 2020
jpepper:

Hmm, I don't like this at all, considering the power situation in Nigeria (no light) and even having to pay for data to keep up, bad network, time difference issues as well. This COVID-19 is a total disruption.
Yes u are right, its of no advantage at all for many international student most esp. in this part of the world

- The Power Supply Aspect is so epileptic
- That Time Zone difference ehnn.. cry cry

Online classes are not new to Foreign Schools in North America, Europe and some other developed continents cos they are used to it.

We all pray a miracle happen so that this pandemic will be gone bfor Fall Intakes resume lectures..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:04pm On May 16, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello
I have responded to your mail

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 8:14pm On May 16, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yes u are right, its of no advantage at all for many international student most esp. in this part of the world

- The Power Supply Aspect is so epileptic
- That Time Zone difference ehnn.. cry cry

Online classes are not new to Foreign Schools in North America, Europe and some other developed continents cos they are used to it.

We all pray a miracle happen so that this pandemic will be gone bfor Fall Intakes resume lectures..

Amen oo, because the arrangement will not be funny for folks from this side, i think those oyinbo people don't understand the living conditions here o.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:17pm On May 16, 2020
Hello JustMellow... Kindly respond to my email

JustMellow:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:22pm On May 16, 2020
jpepper:

Amen oo, because the arrangement will not be funny for folks from this side, i think those oyinbo people don't understand the living conditions here o.
Yes I feel they don't...

On a Lighter note
"Hope ZOOM no dey zap DATA Shaa.. grin"

Na to go find one Mast hang a GLO MODEM (GLO SIM) make the speed dey run like BERRY ALLEN"

It will always end in PRAISE wink

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 16, 2020
jpepper:

Thanks for the quick response, i get your point, the only issue is that I have document size constraint and I have tried my best to compress, I don't want to end up with illegible documents just because I am adding things that are not even relevant in the first place
okay bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oganammuo: 8:34pm On May 16, 2020
Chalva:
I was shown an Indian study permit approval today.he was given study visa for fall 2020 within 12 days of application and we are here receiving bvl..for ur mind.d system is working.please am referring to hopeful2019.let me draw ur attention to my refusal reason:.was refused for insufficient tuition fee after paying my full tuition fee.this was the same reason d gave me in my second application that made me to pay full tuition fee..THE SYSTEM IS REALLY WORKING

I sent you a mail, pls can you reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 16, 2020
jpepper:

I jejeli dey wait till after corona..cuz of reasons like this...ngl I can't cope with online classes,doesnt suit my style of learning at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:55pm On May 16, 2020
jpepper:

U can give ilovepdf compressing a shot
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

And if it didn't show any significant file size reduction with legible contents in ur Documents, Follow this trick..... I used it and it worked perfectly..

Trick to Compressing our document(Courtesy @Nonso16)
Go to google search for PrimoPDF, download it...

Install and close it.

Open your document, Hold "Ctrl + P" like you want to print,

It will take you to another interface where you will be able to select your printing options,

Now Select Printer and you will see a drop-down menu, Now Select PrimoPDF and Click on Print.

Wait for the progress bar to be done, Mind you it's not printing but trying to interface with the PrimoPDF software,

When that's done, the PrimoPDF software will Popup and You will click on CREATE PDF, it will ask you to save it. FINISH .

Locate where u saved the document (i.e the Directory), check the Property of the file, u will discover the size of the file has reduced to a very reasonable extent

That's the magic ...

NOTE: The picture Quality might reduce a little but will still be visible

I Compressed a 2.1 mb file to 403KB using this PrimoPDF

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rollyxxmv(m): 8:55pm On May 16, 2020
grin
Lekiboboe:

Yes I feel they don't...

On a Lighter note
"Hope ZOOM no dey zap DATA Shaa.. grin"

Na to go find one Mast hang a GLO MODEM (GLO SIM) make the speed dey run like BERRY ALLEN"

It will always end in PRAISE wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sterling1122(f): 9:01pm On May 16, 2020
Please I need a response fam.

Let me rephrase my question: do I have to notarize all of my documents to be used for application? This is because I got a refusal on the 11th and this was one of the reasons that someone mentioned as I didn’t notarize any of the documents I submitted.
Sterling1122:
Hi people,

Please I’m a newbie here and I’d like to ask if everyone that submitted their study permit application on this platform notarized every of the documents they uploaded.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flourhine: 9:04pm On May 16, 2020
Good day my people.please I need some clarification on some of the documents to be submitted and the space provided.
I really wants to b clear enough about this coz I Will b submiting the documents any moment from now.where exactly I'm I going to submit the SOP,Police character,letter of affidavit for sponsorship,birth certificate,etc.coz there is no space provided for such in there.
What are the documents I'm going to put in the client information.what are the documents to be put into the optional information.the space provided for application made outside of Canada how do I put the documents there.should I scan it coz I have already printed that online with the barcode and uploaded it into the space.thank u

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flourhine: 9:10pm On May 16, 2020
[u are definitely good to go with all this your documents.one certain thing I know is this forget anyone claiming guru ontop ratification of documents.this Canada issue na just luck and grace aswer2gad.
ote author=Iphiegrace post=89503465]I decided to finish my birthday celebration Yesterday before addressing my issue.
So refusal dropped yesterday on my way to get myself a birthday cake.
BVL was 24th April.

Ties to home country and Canada :
no relative in canada o, never been to Canada all of us dey naija asides my sister a British citizen. I’m marrried with 2 kids not going with husband or children. How else will I prove that naija is home and Canada is a strange land to me.

Financial status and assets.
Paid first term tuition of over 8000 Canadian dollars,3 bedroom apartment ownership declaration with irrevocable power of Attorney and $20000 US fixed deposit I’m the main sponsor, my mum is giving 4 million naira co sponsor even without the co sponsor I have enough for balance and living expenses. We decided to make it stronger hence her co sponsoring.

Employment: been employed since I graduated 2010 and till date showed letter of introduction,
Payslip, employment letter. And employment letter from previous places Of work in Dubai and Nigeria

Purpose of visit: To do masters in Technology Management and Entrepreneurship because as an Optometrist we deal with a lot of instrumentation. And to succeed in that field as a business owner you need to be grounded in Technology Management, hence my interest.

There is no telling what will happen next application.

It’s well but deeply demoralizing.
First application yes but a lot of effort went into it to secure documents before the lockdown.
This platform kept my hopes high. Seeing almost everyone receiving same report is sad.

Thank you to all the contributors God bless you immensely.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:10pm On May 16, 2020
Flourhine:
Good day my people.please I need some clarification on some of the documents to be submitted and the space provided.
I really wants to b clear enough about this coz I Will b submiting the documents any moment from now.where exactly I'm I going to submit the SOP,Police character,letter of affidavit for sponsorship,birth certificate,etc.coz there is no space provided for such in there.
What are the documents I'm going to put in the client information.what are the documents to be put into the optional information.the space provided for application made outside of Canada how do I put the documents there.should I scan it coz I have already printed that online with the barcode and uploaded it into the space.thank u
Hello Flourhine,
Visit the link below

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD ....courtesy @Frankrobbn1
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#72169936

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 16, 2020
@Flouhrine,i no go lie...your case strong die,if I be VO na once I for issue you that permit....just hang on to hope and check if there was any inconsistency.
I wish you the best

IT WILL END IN PRAISE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Flourhine: 9:44pm On May 16, 2020
[Aswer2gad frank.its all about luck and grace which I always believe God knows best.
Concerning the family information and application made outside of Canada I'm I going to submit the one I printed out with the barcode for the application made outside of Canada or I click on it and fill another one.
I'm addition to family information will I click on it and filled in all the information requested or what coz I never included any famz concerning my application.
quote author=Meek127 post=89625881]@Flouhrine,i no go lie...your case strong die,if I be VO na once I for issue you that permit....just hang on to hope and check if there was any inconsistency.
I wish you the best

IT WILL END IN PRAISE[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.