Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155953 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:00pm On May 16, 2020
owee:
Hi All,

Would it be an issue if one has an active Express Entry account when applying for a Canadian study permit. Would it be advisable to delete the EE profile?

Am asking cos the spate of denials are worrisome and one cannot be too careful.

mrengeen:

Yes, please delete the EE profile before applying for a Study Visa.

There won't be need for OP to delete an active EE profile esp when already in the pool because of applying for a study. If OP meets the eligible score, it will be better to let it run concurrently with the SP except otherwise if the score is low and has no intention to search/apply for PNP. Dual intent is recognized by the VOs but strictly on their discretions. Deleting an eligible EE profile for SP isn't an ideal decision except on the obvious.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:01pm On May 16, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Hello JustMellow... Kindly respond to my email

Done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:15pm On May 16, 2020
gettingbeta:

Hello Frankrobbin,
permit me to ask, I have a mutual fund investment I have been building up for a while now, and I have specifically written to them to issue me a statement to the Canadian embassy for this purpose, are you implying the statement does not hold water enough? If they carry out due diligence as earlier implied, they should know people have mutual funds which is basically a good investment these days especially this period of low interest rates, should I go ahead and use the investment letter specifically written to the embassy informing them of my investment with the firm.

Hello Gettingbeta,

If you're using a mutual funds investment to support your financial strength, endeavour to have sufficient amount in your BA to cover your LE expenses and maybe your first semester tuition fees. If not, liquidate part of the investment funds into your BA with cogent explanatory backing. The true authenticity of the mutual funds investment is gradually been pondered upon because there has been ongoing illicit conspiracy/arrangement between the investment organization and their clients (the applicants). This has continually raised suspiciousness.

So endeavour to show much part of your funds in liquidated form. This gives better display of your available funds. You may decide not to liquidate your investment funds if you can show sufficient liquid funds in your BA.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 10:25pm On May 16, 2020
Meek127:

i've read several SOPs, personally I think you should just concentrate on why you chose the school, just focus on the main stuff.
hope it helps...still the gurus/expert could offer better insght. just be patient before submitting.

it shall end in praise
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vokay91: 10:41pm On May 16, 2020
chisongozi:
Who here applied to Memorial University for Masters and has gotten admission?

I did.. have gotten
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gettingbeta(m): 10:51pm On May 16, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Gettingbeta,

If you're using a mutual funds investment to support your financial strength, endeavour to have sufficient amount in your BA to cover your LE expenses and maybe your first semester tuition fees. If not, liquidate part of the investment funds into your BA with cogent explanatory backing. The true authenticity of the mutual funds investment is gradually been pondered upon because there has been ongoing illicit conspiracy/arrangement between the investment organization and their clients (the applicants). This has continually raised suspiciousness.

So endeavour to show much part of your funds in liquidated form. This gives better display of your available funds. You may decide not to liquidate your investment funds if you can show sufficient liquid funds in your BA.

All the best

Thanks @justmellow, I just submitted. If they truly verify as they claim, they should know those who have investment with banks and investment firms like IBTC, anyways I leave my fate to God to decide.

I appreciate the advise and assistance also, its well appreciated. thanks to dommakavelli also for proofreading my SOP, God bless you for the insight.

@justmellow, let me know if you still interested in the coop letter.

Regards,
smiley

It will end in praises for everyone!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 10:56pm On May 16, 2020
Please I need a link for a standard Canadian Resume
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by klintino: 11:04pm On May 16, 2020
Vokay91:

I did.. have gotten

Hello Vokay, I intend to apply to MUN for Employee Relations. Can you guide through the process. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 11:30pm On May 16, 2020
Cflow10:
Good day house and all the gurus, I’m writing my SOP right now, is it advisable to talk about a school that you paid the acceptance fee then turned down because of another school in order to like show how much you care about this particular school and their program?

Thank you for your responses.
@justmellow
@Naijaforeigner
@oma22
@Qudkom
@frankrobbn1
@wunaarroon69
@dommakavelli

Would really appreciate your inputs/ opinion on this.
Gracias in advance.
@
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tstunt: 11:33pm On May 16, 2020
Thank you.

Rollyxxmv:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications

Here's one. The second item is an advisory and in pdf form. Download

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:42pm On May 16, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:
Please I need a link for a standard Canadian Resume
@Chukwuemeka101

Find attached two TEMPLATES of Canadian Standard Résumé (.jpg and .docx)

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:11am On May 17, 2020
No, you don’t need to reference your other university to convince your VO on why you’re going ahead with the chosen one. That’s just a waste of words/pages. The VO is more concerned about your purpose of visit, funds, ties etc... than your reason of dumping one university over another lol.

My personal opinion though, others may suggest otherwise.
Cflow10:

@justmellow
@Naijaforeigner
@oma22
@Qudkom
@frankrobbn1
@wunaarroon69
@dommakavelli

Would really appreciate your inputs/ opinion on this.
Gracias in advance.
@
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jpepper: 2:48am On May 17, 2020
Lekiboboe:

U can give ilovepdf compressing a shot
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

And if it didn't show any significant file size reduction with legible contents in ur Documents, Follow this trick..... I used it and it worked perfectly..

Trick to Compressing our document(Courtesy @Nonso16)
Go to google search for PrimoPDF, download it...

Install and close it.

Open your document, Hold "Ctrl + P" like you want to print,

It will take you to another interface where you will be able to select your printing options,

Now Select Printer and you will see a drop-down menu, Now Select PrimoPDF and Click on Print.

Wait for the progress bar to be done, Mind you it's not printing but trying to interface with the PrimoPDF software,

When that's done, the PrimoPDF software will Popup and You will click on CREATE PDF, it will ask you to save it. FINISH .

Locate where u saved the document (i.e the Directory), check the Property of the file, u will discover the size of the file has reduced to a very reasonable extent

That's the magic ...

NOTE: The picture Quality might reduce a little but will still be visible

I Compressed a 2.1 mb file to 403KB using this PrimoPDF

Thanks alot for the suggestions, I have a mac and could not find a PrimoPDF version for mac, I had tried the other online tools but was still a little above the limit. Anyway, I managed to fix it somehow finally!

Thanks again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 4:15am On May 17, 2020
Meek127:
@ naijaforeigner...hello

Hello sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 4:35am On May 17, 2020
Meek127:
@naijaforeigner
Please i need a run through on how you applied for your second program. You're the perfect person to help me out.
I'm not interested in a thesis or Phd,that's why im picking 1yr instead

(1) Getting a study permit inside Canada is not hard. All you need to do is pay the full 1st semester fees of your second program and have about 3,000Cad in your account and you are good to go.

(2) Almost same documents you used when applying from outside Canada.
I don't know what you mean by recommendation letter.

(3) You are advised to apply early for your second study permit Inside Canada. You can apply as early as 90 days before the expiration of your current study permit. CIC also strongly recommends you apply at least 30 days before the end of current study permit.

How early you should apply for a second program depends on how competitive the program is. My advise, apply as early as possible.
This is May, some students already applied for winter 2021 grin

(4) You are bringing money, why wont they accept you? Bro, they need you more than you need them. forget all this shakara wey dem dey do for students outside Canada. You can either apply to the same university or change schools. It is legal, acceptable and very common.

(5) It depends on the program. If it has a coop, why not?

(6) My second program is in a college. 8 months PGC. Although I got admission for a 16months masters, I did not follow through. 2 things I considered were cost and age. By the time I would be done with the Masters program, age may no longer be on my side towards getting a PR.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 6:22am On May 17, 2020
ralfudoh:
@Naijaforeigner This isn't nice to say. I guess the truth isn't nice to say because it was too blunt. You can see this now. I dont mean to argue with you but can you see this? And you tell me my words aren't nice. How else would you want the truth sugar coated.

I am actually searching for the truth in your post. I will address key points from your previous post.

1. Visa is not a right, It is a privilege

I completely agree.
So because visa is not a right does that mean the process should be unfair, inconsistent and inefficient?
Do you see so much complaints in the UK student thread?

Most people are complaining about the process not the outcome. If people are rejected and the process is fair, there will be little or no complaints.

10 different applicants will apply from different parts of Nigeria and they will all be refused for generic reasons. These 10 different applicants will pay and apply for GCMS notes and they all get similar generic statements. Does it not occur to you that there is something wrong with the process? To add salt to injury, applicants are even refused within 3 days. Are you saying they verified documents within 3 days? grin
Is IRCC not paid processing fees?

2. Nigerians come to Canada and don't go to school and they use fake documents

Another myth peddled around without facts.

Austacus, Wheyme, Myself, Asapant, vestment all study in Ontario. There is a woman on this forum whose husband attends my school (moniker witheld). There are about 5 other people on this forum in my school (I cant remember their moniker). Lonelydude, graduated from University of Western Ontario last year and he has a fantastic job with a very good pay. We keep in touch on a regular.

Sleeky is in Newfoundland, Bracha I think is in Brandon. There are a couple of other Nairalanders spread across different provinces all studying. All these people are Nairaland members I got to know on this forum. They moved to Canada from Nigeria and they are studying. I specifically mentioned Nairalanders so you know I am not telling you stories out of the blues. Did all these people use fake documents?

Do you need me to tell you other people outside this forum who I know personally and they all moved from Nigeria to Canada and are still studying, some graduated, some are working and doing well in Canada?

Because you all hear 2 or 3 students moved to Canada and did not go to school, bloggers post it and you all assume that is the norm with most Nigerian students.

5 Nigerians are doing yahoo, drugs, crime in Toronto. It makes headlines. What about the thousands of Nigerians doing exceptionally well? Do you use the same energy to celebrate Nigerians, definitely in the majority, that are doing well in Canada?

The sad fact is negative news spread so fast and then people assume that is the norm. We don't celebrate Nigerians who are in school doing well. We are too focused speaking about the few people spoiling the country.

3. Nigerians struggle to get their fees paid when they are in Canada

I can tell you for a fact that at least 80% of Nigerians that come into Canada go to school, pay their fees and complete their education. They may struggle, there may be challenges but they get the fees paid. Which International student does not struggle to pay their fees?

I have paid a total of 33,000Cad, is that beans? My parents are not politicians, government workers or contractors. Indians struggle to pay their fees as well. Almost all nationals struggle. kini big deal. We struggle but we get it paid.

IRCC only asked to show money for 1 year and by the way, who just leaves 33,000Cad in their account doing nothing?

4. Nigerians are not honest.

We have dishonest people everywhere in the world. I mean no disrespect, If you have dishonest people as friends, please change your circle of friends. Dishonesty has nothing to do with Tribe, nationality or race. It is all about the person and his/her principles.

I hope you have a good one.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:50am On May 17, 2020
jpepper:

Thanks alot for the suggestions, I have a mac and could not find a PrimoPDF version for mac, I had tried the other online tools but was still a little above the limit. Anyway, I managed to fix it somehow finally!

Thanks again
Oh...okay...., its actually a Windows .Exe Software

Glad U finally made an headway with ur document compression

You are welcome...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 7:26am On May 17, 2020
Lekiboboe:

@Chukwuemeka101

Find attached two TEMPLATES of Canadian Standard Résumé (.jpg and .docx)

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 7:34am On May 17, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

I am actually searching for the truth in your post. I will address key points from your previous post.

I completely agree.
So because visa is not a right does that mean the process should be unfair, inconsistent and inefficient?

Most people are complaining about the process not the outcome. If people are rejected and the process is fair, there will be little or no complaints.

10 different applicants will apply from different parts of Nigeria and they will all be refused for generic reasons. These 10 different applicants will pay and apply for GCMS notes and they all get similar generic statements. Does it not occur to you that there is something wrong with the process? To add salt to injury, applicants are even refused within 3 days. Are you saying they verified documents within 3 days? grin

Austacus, Wheyme, Myself, Asapant, vestment all study in Ontario. There is a woman on this forum whose husband attends my school (moniker witheld). There are about 5 other people on this forum in my school (I cant remember their moniker). Lonelydude, graduated from University of Western Ontario last year and he has a fantastic job with a very good pay. We keep in touch on a regular.

Sleeky is in Newfoundland, Bracha I think is in Brandon. There are a couple of other Nairalanders spread across different provinces all studying. All these people are Nairaland members I got to know on this forum. They moved to Canada from Nigeria and they are studying. I specifically mentioned Nairalanders so you know I am not telling you stories out of the blues. Did all these people use fake documents?

Do you need me to tell you other people outside this forum who I know personally and they all moved from Nigeria to Canada and are still studying, some graduated, some are working and doing well in Canada?

Because you all hear 2 or 3 students moved to Canada and did not go to school, bloggers post it and you all assume that is the norm with most Nigerian students.

5 Nigerians are doing yahoo, drugs, crime in Toronto. It makes headlines. What about the thousands of Nigerians doing exceptionally well? Do you use the same energy to celebrate Nigerians, definitely in the majority, that are doing well in Canada?

The sad fact is negative news spread so fast and then people assume that is the norm. We don't celebrate Nigerians who are in school doing well. We are too focused speaking about the few people spoiling the country.

I can tell you for a fact that at least 80% of Nigerians that come into Canada go to school, pay their fees and complete their education. They may struggle, there may be challenges but they get the fees paid. Which International student does not struggle to pay their fees?

I have paid a total of 33,000Cad, is that beans? My parents are not politicians, government workers or contractors. Indians struggle to pay their fees as well. Almost all nationals struggle. kini big deal. We struggle but we get it paid.

IRCC only asked to show money for 1 year and by the way, who just leaves 33,000Cad in their account doing nothing?

We have dishonest people everywhere in the world. I mean no disrespect, If you have dishonest people as friends, please change your circle of friends. Dishonesty has nothing to do with Tribe, nationality or race. It is all about the person and his/her principles.

Correct , let me score you 20/20 lol,

Even sef, some even move to canada with fake documents, is just luck and God,

All we are asking ,is for these VOs To be fair and also go through our documents properly ,,,,we paid them for the process

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Zika123: 7:36am On May 17, 2020
What's the age range for PR?
Naijaforeigner:

(1) Getting a study permit inside Canada is not hard. All you need to do is pay the full 1st semester fees of your second program and have about 3,000Cad in your account and you are good to go.

(3) You are advised to apply early for your second study permit Inside Canada. You can apply as early as 90 days before the expiration of your current study permit. CIC also strongly recommends you apply at least 30 days before the end of current study permit.

How early you should apply for a second program depends on how competitive the program is. My advise, apply as early as possible.

(4) You are bringing money, why wont they accept you? Bro, they need you more than you need them. forget all this shakara wey dem dey do for students outside Canada. You can either apply to the same university or change schools. It is legal, acceptable and very common.

(6) My second program is in a college. 8 months PGC. Although I got admission for a 16months masters, I did not follow through. 2 things I considered were cost and age. By the time I would be done with the Masters program, age may no longer be on my side towards getting a PR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 7:56am On May 17, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Yes I feel they don't...

On a Lighter note
"Hope ZOOM no dey zap DATA Shaa.. grin"

Na to go find one Mast hang a GLO MODEM (GLO SIM) make the speed dey run like BERRY ALLEN"

It will always end in PRAISE wink
Another option will be for your school to send you recorded lessons so you can download and watch at your own time. Also, they will give you materials to study so as to keep up(I am not too sure of this though but feel free to ask them about it)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 8:01am On May 17, 2020
Cflow10:
@justmellow @Naijaforeigner @oma22 @Qudkom @frankrobbn1 @wunaarroon69 @dommakavelli

Would really appreciate your inputs/ opinion on this. Gracias in advance. @
It is not relevant, focus more on better points.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MisterSpark: 8:06am On May 17, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

2011? Thats not bad, UR will give you admission If your WAEC is ok,....

My questions...

Have you done any program or training that has certificate ,that can help you explain to the VO the gap from 2011 till now

It could be National Diploma, computer training? Certificate course, professional courses etc..

Yea she does, thanks again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:07am On May 17, 2020
mcobex:
Another option will be for your school to send you recorded lessons so you can download and watch at your own time. Also, they will give you materials to study so as to keep up(I am not too sure of this though but feel free to ask them about it)
Wow that's a brilliant idea smiley...

I will enquire if there is a provision for that..

Thanks @mcobex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2020
Do you read to understand or your read to reply. I dont understand your bitterness. Let me point it out to you, majority of the monickers you mentioned are close allies. We chat on a regular. Who said all Nigerians who go to Canada dont school. I know a lot who paid over $30,000 for a year MBA and have graduated. I know those who have graduated with distinctions. At least if I keep dishonest friends, I dont know how it affects you, at least they are getting their visas like I mentioned in my post, a friend whom I know used genuine documents. So I can't see where i said my friends are not genuine. Next time read to understand rather to attack. No matter how you want to sugar coat it, the obvious fact still remains. In summary, what i said, is it true or not? A yes or no. You still typed all the long epistle and still mentioned that this things happen. So whats the point? Nobody said Nigerians are not doing good. I had not finished reading your reply, and an obvious case popped up, I drew your attention to it, you did as if you didnt see it.This is my last post on this, you can continue with it. You can keep searching. Remember there is life outside nairaland. Nairaland accounts for less than 10% of applicants.
Naijaforeigner:

I completely agree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:21am On May 17, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Every single information was helpful. I'm comfortable with picking a year now. Thank you so much.
God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 9:35am On May 17, 2020
MisterSpark:

Yea she does, thanks again

Then she can use one of those certificate to apply, after getting admission with WAEC

NOTE= HND should not be used ( I stand to be corrected though)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:50am On May 17, 2020
chisongozi:
Who here applied to Memorial University for Masters and has gotten admission?

Me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 9:51am On May 17, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
No, you don’t need to reference your other university to convince your VO on why you’re going ahead with the chosen one. That’s just a waste of words/pages. The VO is more concerned about your purpose of visit, funds, ties etc... than your reason of dumping one university over another lol.

My personal opinion though, others may suggest otherwise.

Thanks Once again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 9:55am On May 17, 2020
mcobex:
It is not relevant, focus more on better points.
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Duakkie: 10:23am On May 17, 2020
Please advice .

I have a b.sc in accounting , but intend to apply for accelerated nursing program , do I need to write waec for science courses .

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.