Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,898 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (578) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1177486 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 8:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Sirromey:
Mehn mine was march, have you done medicals and received BVL?

Medical request passed
AIP and New LOA request
No bvl yet

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2020
Ok. I got BVL last week. Send them a mail.
owolabia:

Medical request passed
AIP and New LOA request
No bvl yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kinzeerichy: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2020
fratermathy:

Send a mail to lagos-immigration@international.gc.ca. Copy to abuja@international.gc.ca

Okay. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 8:20am On Nov 25, 2020
Sirromey:
Ok. I got BVL last week. Send them a mail.

OK. No problem

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Noms11: 8:39am On Nov 25, 2020
Good morning all.

Please one question that begs to be answered here is:

Has anyone received their passports back without having to pay the VFS in house courier fee? Obviously, using a two way courier service to send passport to them.

@fratermathy, et al.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 9:22am On Nov 25, 2020
BlegendE:
i have a question.

is it true that TORONTO has CLOSED ITS BORDER? embarassed

Land boarders....yes!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2020
People of Nairaland.. please today’s day 3 and no acknowledgment letter from IRCC or VFS about my Biometrics what do I do, I also don’t have acess to my portal so I can’t check it, I have tracked with the tracking no but no records found

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:03am On Nov 25, 2020
Can someone explain to me this Nigeria student express IRCC keeps sending people. Now they are requesting for IELTS and bank statement of 12months. must one have to get these requirements before the due day?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Byefelicia:
People of Nairaland.. please today’s day 3 and no acknowledgment letter from IRCC or VFS about my Biometrics what do I do, I also don’t have acess to my portal so I can’t check it, I have tracked with the tracking no but no records found

did you apply online, u should have access.

unless you used an agent. therefore you should have access. on the portal, u will see your biometrics number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 10:12am On Nov 25, 2020
Anon123:

did you apply online, u should have access.

unless you used an agent. therefore you should have access. on the portal, u will see your biometrics number

Yes I am using Agent

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 10:13am On Nov 25, 2020
I just got this “Your application, tracking ID xxxxxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 11/25/2020 8:50:53 AM”. I dispatched my passport to VFS Lagos on 9th of Nov and it was received by the legend, Mr Festus on 10th Nov.

What does that message mean? Because it’s amazing IRCC is just receiving it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:15am On Nov 25, 2020
Byefelicia:

Yes I am using Agent

You have to tell the agent to give you access to your portal as long as have paid him/her in full. Thats the only way you can see if you have a biometrics number and see future updates concerning your app

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:19am On Nov 25, 2020
Ayobami2001:
I just got this “Your application, tracking ID xxxxxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 11/25/2020 8:50:53 AM”. I dispatched my passport to VFS Lagos on 9th of Nov and it was received by the legend, Mr Festus on 10th Nov.

You are likely to get feedback soon. Typically a day after this message comes but it could also take longer. Just know that they are working on your passport now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2020
Hi @Time2soar has the biometrics dropped yet? mine is still yet to rreflect
Time2soar:

Thank you, since you have done yours it will reflect, it is just a matter of time. I just wonder why mine has not dropped

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2020
Lovethchisom:
Hello all
Good morning everyone on this thread.
I am new here as a registered member, have been following this wonderful thread as a guest and i appreciate everyone's contributions. it has helped me a lot.

Please my study permit was refused based on Financial Status and Personal assets, Please how do i explain the part of the Personal Assets. please help put in words for me. Thanks

how much was on your own statement of account,
how much was on your sponsors.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 10:23am On Nov 25, 2020
I just dey wonder why IRCC no free update my own ooo. It's been there since 16th. Issokay.
Ayobami2001:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 10:24am On Nov 25, 2020
Anon123:

You have to tell the agent to give you access to your portal as long as have paid him/her in full. Thats the only way you can see if you have a biometrics number and see future updates concerning your app

But is it possible for them to have updated my portal and not send a message to my email? Because I usually get emails from them..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 10:34am On Nov 25, 2020
What was the last email you received from them before this? And when was that?

Ayobami2001:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2020
Byefelicia:

But is it possible for them to have updated my portal and not send a message to my email? Because I usually get emails from them..

yes... also possible they haventwhich is why either ways you need to have access going forward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2020
I received this earlier on the 12th of Nov

“Your application, tracking ID xxxxxxx is in transit and has been dispatched to the IRCC Office through the Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos Office, on 11/12/2020 4:13:42 PM for processing”.

jdoe28015:
What was the last email you received from them before this? And when was that?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2020
I appreciate your feedback bro

fratermathy:

You are likely to get feedback soon. Typically a day after this message comes but it could also take longer. Just know that they are working on your passport now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2020
Please what are the first 8 digits of your tracking ID? It gives an idea to when it was processed by VFS and sent to IRCC...

Ayobami2001:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2020
Noms11:
Good morning all.

Please one question that begs to be answered here is:

Has anyone received their passports back without having to pay the VFS in house courier fee? Obviously, using a two way courier service to send passport to them.

@fratermathy, et al.

If you used a two way courier service, you won't be asked to pay. Your courier company would come and pick up your passport when it's ready. Most times, they pick it up when they go there to deliver passports.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2020
Marh:
Good Evening House,
Pls is there anyone that is yet to get PPR for Spouse/ Children?

I too did not get for my daughter. So I sent a webform with her information and it was sent on Monday. I am submitting her package in a few minutes now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2020
Please who can I email to report vfs for their horrible service?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 10:48am On Nov 25, 2020
Siobhanle:
Please who can I email to report vfs for their horrible service?

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
VFS Lagos has done it again

You can mail the company's management directly using any of the mediums posted here:

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/contact.html

You can also write to IRCC or contact them on social media to make your complaints.

For a company that deals with passports and other sensitive documents, VFS has to ramp up their efficiency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 10:49am On Nov 25, 2020
During my telephone conversation with the CS Rep at VFS this morning, i gathered that applications with tracking IDs '20201112CALAPKT...' upwards are still under processing at the IRCC office. That means those that were processed at VFS from 12th November till like 18-20th November are still at the embassy.

Just for our information...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Elizdee: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2020
OtunbaTee:

NSE is optional, my resumption is January 11th, not sure I'll meet up sef, since I dont want that NSE route

Please when did you put in your application and have you gotten any update from IRCC.
I am resuming January too but I have gotten any update from IRCC after I submitted my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2020

I take it that’s since the 12th of Nov. Thanks!

wolepopo:
Please what are the first 8 digits of your tracking ID? It gives an idea to when it was processed by VFS and sent to IRCC...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2020
Ijeanwuli:
Good morning

I just got a notice from IRCC that I may be eligible for Nigerian student express.

They are asking me to provide IETS results.

Looking at the requirements for Nigerian student express I dont have $30kcad in my bank account. I used a sponsor so im wondering if this will not be a wild chase

Please has anyone here received this notice .. how did you handle it because it looks like the will not continue with processing my application untill I provide the document or the time given to provide the document elapses

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 10:55am On Nov 25, 2020
Thank you! And It’s actually vfs Abuja, they’re honestly incompetent, it’s baffling how people can pay a whole N12570 (daylight armed robbery) for delivery within the same state (even within Nigeria) and you will tell me that you can only deliver my passport on two days only. Even with that one sef you’re not fast about it and behave like you’re rendering the service for free. Even small courier companies are more competent.
You can’t even reach their customer care, how can their number be busy Is it a personal line and the emails I send are bouncing back

I think the thing that’s doing my head in the most is that this thing isn’t next day delivery especially if it’s within the same state. They should start using dhl or ups if their in-house courier company isn’t up to the job abeg.

fratermathy:

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
VFS Lagos has done it again

You can mail the company's management directly using any of the mediums posted here:

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/contact.html

You can also write to IRCC or contact them on social media to make your complaints.

For a company that deals with passports and other sensitive documents, VFS has to ramp up their efficiency.

(1) (2) (3) ... (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.