Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1177895 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
Good evening all, please I had my upfront Medicals done today. What do I do next ? So they can have it ahead .
September applicant.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by blcoolfemol: 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2020
You dey para oo... As e dey hot grin

I wish you all the very best. We will join you soonest.

rebecausoro:

Congrats to you too. I hope we get our passports returned soon. I plan to travel next weekend.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
1oak:
Good evening all, please I had my upfront Medicals done today. What do I do next ? So they can have it ahead .
September applicant.
Thank you

the clinic sends the results in 4days time. for now, u wait for a positive update.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
Big Congratulations to everyone who had their Counterfoil and LOI recently!

You’ve graduated from the Mail Refreshers Academy.... The rest of us will be joining you soon grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
impeccablerose:

With IDP/MOD, CBT holds at Yaba, Lagos. CBT tests holds almost everyday.

With British Council, there are different CBT centres in different states.

Try to book a test on the website of both bodies, you'll see available dates. You don't have to complete the booking till you're ready.
Thanks for this info

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bidemialade43: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2020
Anon123:

do u have any experience in mass comm
Yes...my internship and also worked as an announcer in a radio broadcast before going for my nysc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
I know we October applicants will testify early next year ,this one they're sending NSE letter to delay for another 30days I dont understand..its well!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goodbetterbest: 6:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
Congratulations to all those who have reached one mile stone or the other. Apparently its not just getting PPR that's the end...so Congratulations on getting correspondence letter, LOI, counterfoil, profile changing to approval and finally getting back your stamped passport. Phew! When we say it must end in praise it's not just cliche o. See the process.

Anyways thank you to all who have selflessly shared their process and journey here. I've been a silent reader.

I've got 2 questions please.

Those getting NSE when is your resumption date? Since it's a new process we need to start collecting data to be able to make informed guesses or assumptions. Maybe since their resumption is closer it qualified them for NSE? Since there's no where to indicate prior to submitting application that you want or will opt for this process.

Secondly those who submitted with their children and have been approved, have your children's passport been requested too?

I submitted late September with my children for May resumption. Just our medicals have been passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2020
Goodbetterbest:
Congratulations to all those who have reached one mile stone or the other. Apparently its not just getting PPR that's the end...so Congratulations on getting correspondence letter, LOI, counterfoil, profile changing to approval and finally getting back your stamped passport. Phew! When we say it must end in praise it's not just cliche o. See the process.

Anyways thank you to all who have selflessly shared their process and journey here. I've been a silent reader.

I've got 2 questions please.

Those getting NSE when is your resumption date? Since it's a new process we need to start collecting data to be able to make informed guesses or assumptions. Maybe since their resumption is closer it qualified them for NSE? Since there's no where to indicate prior to submitting application that you want or will opt for this process.

Secondly those who submitted with their children and have been approved, have your children's passport been requested too?

I submitted late September with my children for May resumption. Just our medicals have been passed

NSE is optional, my resumption is January 11th, not sure I'll meet up sef, since I dont want that NSE route

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goodbetterbest: 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2020
I pray I don't get this NSE request. I no get power for ielts and co plus my hubby is my sponsor and just transferred the money to my account just before I submitted so I may not qualify for the process sef

bidemialade43:

Yes...my internship and also worked as an announcer in a radio broadcast before going for my nysc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
I stumbled upon an IRCC page and since we have many new applicants or those who intend to apply soon, these points/questions may be of use as you package your application. IRCC provided them for their Visa Officers. I have edited it and removed some irrelevant parts. I hope this helps newcomers to this thread.

Purpose and duration of the trip: Suggested questions
1. What is the purpose of your trip?
Things to consider:
What will the person be doing in Canada?
What are the applicant's plans for visiting Canada? Are the plans well thought out or are they frivolous?

2. How long will you be staying in Canada?
Things to consider:
What is the duration of the visit?
Is the time requested limited? Indeterminate?
Considering the applicant’s situation in their home country and the purpose of the trip, is the time requested reasonable? Plausible? Practical?

Ties to Canada or country of residence
3. What ties do you have with Canada?
Things to consider:
Does the person have family in Canada? If so, what is their immigration status in Canada?

4. What ties do you have with your country of residence?
Things to consider:
Is the person employed? If yes, at what salary? In what position? Has the applicant's employer approved a request for leave?
What family does the person have in the country of residence? Where were they at the time of the application?
Does the person have property? What is the value of the property?
What financial obligations is the person leaving behind? What is the nature and value of these obligations?
What other responsibilities and obligations is the person leaving behind? How will they be discharged?
Is travel consistent with local customs or practices? Has the person travelled before?
Additional information: Even if the person’s ties to the home country seem to be strong, there may be other factors in the general economic or political environment which make the long-term prospects for the person or their family unstable. Consider these factors in the assessment.

Documents and financial support
5. Do you have a valid passport or travel document?
Things to consider: What is the expiry date on the passport or travel document?

6. How will you support yourself in Canada?
Things to consider:
Does the client have the means to be self-supporting or is someone else willing and able to provide adequate support?
What is the source of funds?
Are there currency restrictions in the home country?
Additional information:
Foreign nationals must have enough funds to maintain themselves in Canada without resorting to illegal employment or social assistance.

7. Will you be able to leave Canada?
Things to consider:
Does the person have the financial ability to return, such as an airplane ticket, money or a statement of bank assets?
Does the person have a passport, travel document and/or visa which will admit the person to the home country or to a third country?

8. Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence?
Has the person provided biometric information and, if so, what are the results of the biometric checks?

10. Do you suffer from a serious medical condition?
Things to consider: Does the person meet the medical requirements under R30?
Additional information: For more information, refer to medical requirements.

11. Have you ever been refused a temporary resident visa to travel to Canada?
Things to consider: Has the person provided biometric information and, if so, what are the results of the biometric checks?

12. Were you ever removed from Canada or any other country?
Things to consider:
Has the person provided biometric information and, if so, what are the results of the biometric checks?
Does the person require authorization to return to Canada?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
blcoolfemol:
You dey para oo... As e dey hot grin

I wish you all the very best. We will join you soonest.

Lol. Yes o. Until I am in my room in St. John's, I won't have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vegaz: 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lekiboboev2:

The two disciplines (Physics & Computer Science) complement each other, with physics providing an analytic problem-solving outlook and basic understanding of nature, while computer science enhances the ability to make practical and marketable applications, in addition to having its own theoretical interest.

If you notice in Networking (N+), the units of of data (speed transfer & usage) is called KB - Kilobyte, GB - Gigabyte, Hertz etc. ,those are physics terminology

So in a nutshell, it won't raise a red flag, just find a way to do justice to that on your SOP when applying for VISA, cos a VISA OFFICER would want to know why you are going for a PG.Cert in Computer Science instead of a Physics related PG. Cert program which is best known to u based on the Computer Science program u wanna study

See the link below for
Computer Science Related PG.Cert/Post Baccalaureate Program
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/431#95227017

Good luck

Good evening boss. Please is it possible you have a link to Physics related PG.Cert/Post Baccalaureate Program just like this one you helped me with? I’m still trying to package myself before I get everything available for me to start applying...Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
Please house I want to know if Canada vfs office in Lagos is collecting application from students who want to apply for study permit from Nigeria.

My agent is telling me that they have not been collecting application for study permit from new applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
makapoda:
Please house I want to know if Canada vfs office in Lagos is collecting application from students who want to apply for study permit from Nigeria.

My agent is telling me that they have not been collecting application for study permit from new applicants.
they are not ( no paper applications till further notice)
Submit online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
i have a question.

is it true that TORONTO has CLOSED ITS BORDER? embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
BlegendE:
i have a question.

is it true that TORONTO has CLOSED ITS BORDER? embarassed

I can't seem to find any source for this. Besides, you shouldn't worry about air travel. Except the Federal Government changes policy concerning international students coming into Canada, you'll be mostly alright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboev2: 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2020
vegaz:

Good evening boss. Please is it possible you have a link to Physics related PG.Cert/Post Baccalaureate Program just like this one you helped me with? I’m still trying to package myself before I get everything available for me to start applying...Thanks!
Good evening Honorable,

No I don't
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2020
Good evening house!

Indeed what God can not do doesn’t exist, what a wonderful God, He made my application soo fast and very swift.

Late post. Late September applicant.

I applied on the 21st of September 2020.
Biometrics: 23rd of September
Medical request: 23rd of September
Medicals done on the 9th of October and passed on the 15th of October.

Noticed just one ghost update.

BVL 2nd November...PPR 3rd November.

Used a company account.

Please feel free to ask me anything.

Thank you!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone, please who has a copy of the consent form and email for retrieving passports. My passport was received by Lagos VFS since yesterday morning and I haven’t gotten any message from them yet. I heard they only dispatch on mondays and Wednesdays, which means I may have to wait again for another week �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chic91(f): 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2020
Please house, Kindly assist, I'm having issues paying for the canada visa application online using my master card... Please is there an alternative

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
chic91:
Please house, Kindly assist, I'm having issues paying for the canada visa application online using my master card... Please is there an alternative
I used GT bank...which bank are u using ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
jdoe28015:
Hello everyone, please who has a copy of the consent form and email for retrieving passports. My passport was received by Lagos VFS since yesterday morning and I haven’t gotten any message from them yet. I heard they only dispatch on mondays and Wednesdays, which means I may have to wait again for another week �
Consent form

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by samsung007(m): 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2020
Dora14:
Good evening house!

Indeed what God can not do doesn’t exist, what a wonderful God, He made my application soo fast and very swift.

Used a company account.

Thank you!!

Congratulations Honorable Dora
smiley smiley

How God is a living God.

I tap from your grace.

Congratulations once again..Go and tell them in Canada that we are coming too wink

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vegaz: 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
Lekiboboev2:

Good evening Honorable,

No I don't

Ok thanks. I’ve chosen to go for a more physics related course if I can get one, because for my home ties, all I got is my family members here..I’m the last child and I’m still single. My father and 3 other siblings all live here in Nigeria (all married and with kids), my oldest sister is a US citizen, and my mom a US PR. (She’ll be visiting naija next month)......I’m hoping this doesn’t go against me when the time comes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
Dora14:
Good evening house!

Used a company account.

Thank you!!

Wow congrats, this is like the fastest I have seen.. I had my application submitted 7th of sept but till now still no contact from IRCC... congratulations on your speedy application, may all be well for us

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
Thank you

OtunbaTee:

Consent form

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mmesomamichael: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
rebecausoro:

Email was acknowledged and then this morning, my passport status changed to under process. Hopefully, I will return with better news tomorrow or next.

Ehen.. Abuja office also replied and they were responding to what I did not ask them (something about TRV validity). grin
HI Rebecausoro, which of the emails acknowledged it?
When did you send the email and when did you get an acknowledgement and what type of acknowledgement is that?
��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chic91(f): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
OtunbaTee:
I used GT bank...which bank are u using ?
Access bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dayjeee(m): 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
Dora14:
Good evening house!

Thank you!!
congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dayjeee(m): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
chic91:

Access bank
is your card enabled for online usage?

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.