Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1158841 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2020
bidemialade43:

You’re very correct!
Ok o.....
Abegi somebody should help to with list of universities that still take admission for MSc in Canada
Thank you

McGill
Wester
McMaster
Saskatchewan
Brock
Etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JoshM23: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2020
Online applicants when did you get loi, was it when your passport was delivered back to vfs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 26, 2020
Time2soar:

Yes you can, you will apply for SOWP but both of you will need to provide good home ties but many have done it before

That's right!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2020
JoshM23:

Then check your online profile, a final decision as already been made... the approval mail is same as loi and that should be sent when your passport is ready

Brother, I check my online account more than 5 times a day.
That's why I don't understand the rationale behind the delay.
Or can someone re-link an already linked paper application? Just thinking out loud
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 11:58am On Nov 26, 2020
Ikechuqu:
I don’t get emails from VFS but I usually check on the tracking platform and saw this now... thing is nothing has changed on my IRCC portal... no counterfoil or LOI.

Is this normal?

If you haven't gotten your counterfoil then it's not normal. Call VFS to confirm and then contact IRCC too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JoshM23: 12:02pm On Nov 26, 2020
Kakokako:

Brother, I check my online account more than 5 times a day.
That's why I don't understand the rationale behind the delay.
Or can someone re-link an already linked paper application? Just thinking out loud

Suggest you raise a webform and send mail to Nairobi immigration

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
Kakokako:

Thanks boss.

Truth is, I no wan start Winter classes online in Naija

Same here too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2020
fratermathy:

If you haven't gotten your counterfoil then it's not normal. Call VFS to confirm and then contact IRCC too.

Been trying to reach VFS but their number has been busy all day.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ikechuqu:

Been trying to reach VFS but their number has been busy all day.

You can also send them an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
JoshM23:

Suggest you raise a webform and send mail to Nairobi immigration

I sent an email and a webform last week Tuesday, not replied yet. I sent another one yesterday. I think I'll be sending email every 2-3days now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BabyCanada: 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
fratermathy:

You can also send them an email.

After paying the 12,570 for the courier service, do I also need to send a consent form again? Please this is urgent?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
Please when did you send your passport ?
Ayobami2001:
Hello Guys...I just got this email. Does it mean my stamped passport is ready for collection?

"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20201112xxxxx has been received from the IRCC Office on 11/26/2020 9:04:30 AM and will be dispatched to the Canada Visa Application Centre where you applied or at the courier address provided by you at the time of submission of your application. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
BabyCanada:

After paying the 12,570 for the courier service, do I also need to send a consent form again? Please this is urgent?

There's a courier consent form. Someone posted it sometime ago.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
Time2soar:

Hello Debbyiii, the mybankstatement you sent does it have the required amount for six month consistently or were there times during the last six months that the money in the account was less than the required amount and is the statement for one year
the bankstatement was one year history
it was ticket no and password
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Dear IRCC,

I am a paper applicant who submitted an application since March 12th.
I a student of university of Regina. The only last In take I have is Jan 2021. I appreciate you for the medical request,AIP on 10th September.
I also thank you for the BVl since 27th October.

But please give me my approval and passport..

Or should I say give me back my palliative since March you have been holding on to it..
#papperapplicantslivesmatters!�����

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mankind5050(m): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
@JohnErrin I think NSExpress isn't for you based on your explanation.When u receive the NSE letter, just send them a msg to continue you application in a normal.
JohnErrin:
Hey guys, i can see alot of people are getting the email from ircc that they have been chosen for student express entry, and are required to send bank statenment using mybankstatenment and ielts. My question is will i be needed to write ielts as i have done it before and i graduated from a school in the UK, and also my dads bank is first bank and i dont see it as part of the banks that offer a mybankstatement option.
if i was given this student express entry letter how would i go about the bank situation? because waiting a long time to opt out of it is not an option for me as my school starts jan 12.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ableka001:
Dear IRCC,

I a student of university of Regina. The only last In take I have is Jan 2021. I appreciate you for the medical request,AIP on 10th September.

Or should I say give me back my palliative since March you have been holding on to it..
#papperapplicantslivesmatters!�����

I doubt if IRCC is on Nairaland. You should mail all their offices one after the other and raise CSEs too. Go on Twitter and Facebook and send your queries to them publicly. Call their Ottawa and Edmonton CPCs. Mail the Minister of IRCC and his office. Just raise awareness of your unique plight and let's see how it goes from there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
Legacyedition:

From the mail sent. The account is to show sufficient funds for your study for 6 months. And 12 months of banking history.
the didn't ask for proof of funds or bank statement again
since I submitted mybankstatement during the application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
this is how mybankstatement lookslike

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
Please o be calming down me self I don hands up for his people since 27th October...���

Lol �

The wait is totouros
owolabia:

Same here too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
On the 9th....received on 10th by Mr Festus

Dameelee:
Please when did you send your passport ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
fratermathy:

I doubt if IRCC is on Nairaland. You should mail all their offices one after the other and raise CSEs too. Go on Twitter and Facebook and send your queries to them publicly. Call their Ottawa and Edmonton CPCs. Mail the Minister of IRCC and his office. Just raise awareness of your unique plight and let's see how it goes from there.

Thanks I appreciate I am aware they aren’t on nairaland just crying out loud

Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
Goodbetterbest:
I didn't think there was an angle like this. Asking for only ielts. Please good sis run and write the exam. You'll get your Visa approved in 20days o.

I'm trying to book for an exams
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mankind5050(m): 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
For study permit, the spouse will get Open work permit , LMIA isnt required but as you said, applying with family/spouse may rob off the applicant points for Hometie, this may lead to rejection except the SOP is strong and clear enough to convince the VO
adeenzo:

It's possible but there are so many mitigating factors.
1. for you to have a work permit, a company (LMIA) in Canada must have given you an employment letter before you even begin the work permit process.
2. It might count against your husband when it comes to family ties in his home country, it is better he goes alone so that he has you (his wife) and if you guys have kids, as his family ties to comply him to coming back
3. My overall advice is that you guys should try the express entry, it might be a better route for you.

Please wait for the gurus in the house to give more inputs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by KRTL: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Pls can I start the process of a new application if I still have my passprt with the embassy.. tho I have gotten a withdrawal approval for the last application (visit visa)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ableka001:
Please o be calming down me self I don hands up for his people since 27th October...���

Lol �

The wait is totouros

Bro, you try na, since 27th Oct. Mine was 6th.

By tomorrow, it will be 3 weeks since I've received BVL.

I'll probably send them another email before the end of today sef

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
Please o you people should explain what is happening here.. I tracked my passport i submitted on friday last week and this is the message I'm getting, see below.
your processed passport has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 2020/11/24 and is ready for collection. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
Dameelee:
Please o you people should explain what is happening here.. I tracked my passport i submitted on friday last week and this is the message I'm getting, see below.
your processed passport has been received at the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 2020/11/24 and is ready for collection. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Buy Services” page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC

That's a default message. Ignore it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Debbyiiii: 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
Debbyiiii:
the didn't ask for proof of funds or bank statement again since I submitted mybankstatement during the application
that is what I got from ircc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ableka001:
Dear IRCC,

#papperapplicantslivesmatters!
�����

I am a paper applicant who submitted an application since February 25th
I a student of university of Windsor. The only last In take I have is Jan 2021. I appreciate you for the medical request,AIP and New LOA request on 10th September.

No updates yet

Or should I say give me back my palliative since February you have been holding on to it..
#papperapplicantslivesmatters!
#EndVisaDelay

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hehe, let us be calming down o. I saw the attached image online. Please can anybody shed more light?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ennyboy12(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Sirromey:
I doubt. Some schools do accept 4 point GPA over your final two years. For 2.2 students seeking to go to Canada PGD is the way.

Okay. Thanks

Please how do i know if the course i have interest in... can be admitted for the PGD

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.