Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1162816 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2020
Dora14:

I did mine for 6k I mean police report and I still have the Inspectors contact if you want it please reach out

Please I will need this when I am doing my PR in January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ajoke08: 11:36am On Dec 03, 2020
Good morning,
I called Q-life to make bookings for medical this morning and I was told they are fully booked for December.. I want to do upfront medical because my school resumes Jan. I submitted my application on sept 30., and I got the NSE message.. am planning to submit my ielts and mybankstatement tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 11:36am On Dec 03, 2020
You need to calm down and get them on phone again. You’re almost at the finish line, don’t let anyone ruin your joy.

dicedapples:
Hello, I’m not sure of what to do again. I got a notification that my passport is ready for pick up, I called the vfs, the agent was extremely rude to me and even cut the phone on me while I was calling out my tracking ID. I have tried to call the vfs back, but it doesn’t go through. Can anyone please put me through with the process, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2020
I just got my LOI. I have also successfully moved my flight to December 25th. I am now set once I get my passport next week

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2020
LOI just dropped for my daughter...counterfoil received yesterday..

You guys can check

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 11:46am On Dec 03, 2020
evergold:
For those trying to reach VFS and can't get through, if you use Android, download auto redial.

I just used it. I set it to automatically dial VFS 386 times. After about the 15th time I was able to talk to an agent.

VFS don enter trouble.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 11:46am On Dec 03, 2020
Go to his office with 2 yours and give him a sound warning, possibly disrupt his office and threaten his life. My candid advice
Tt4tolu:
Good morning all. Please I have some questions to ask before I take my actions.
I'm applying through an agent Expedia Consult. I submitted all my documents in September. He said he applied in October after I've paid my Visa fee N153,000(Myself,hubby and one child).
I got to know last week that he did not apply. He said he have an Intel in ircc and he said it's not safe to apply. I flared up and this made him submit my application on 30 Nov.

I've been calling him to schedule me for biometrics but he said this year is filled up until next year. I went online and I booked the biometrics for Tuesday ( I hope I'm on track).

I want to storm his office now. What do you think I can do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 11:48am On Dec 03, 2020
Please which school are you heading to?

evergold:
I just got my LOI. I have also successfully moved my flight to December 25th. I am now set once I get my passport next week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 11:57am On Dec 03, 2020
Someone help a brother out on what to do. Still no Counterfoil or LOI after VFS notified me of passport collection.

I’ve raised webforms but no response.

I’ve gone ahead to pay for the courier service as I called multiple times to confirm and VFS keeps saying passport is ready for collection.

What to do now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
Faith243:
Please which school are you heading to?

Hey, Sorry, I know this is a school thread. I couldn't find the one for work permit, so I decided to join you guys here since I was getting all the info I need here. Me and my family are moving to Toronto. My daughter has a visitor's visa, my wife has an open work permit and I have a closed work permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2020
Ikechuqu:
Someone help a brother out on what to do. Still no Counterfoil or LOI after VFS notified me of passport collection.

I’ve raised webforms but no response.

I’ve gone ahead to pay for the courier service as I called multiple times to confirm and VFS keeps saying passport is ready for collection.

What to do now?

Why don't you send a mail to Abuja @ international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
evergold:

Why don't you send a mail to Abuja @ international.gc.ca

Sent three mails already. Still no reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
adeenzo:
PPR just dropped... yes yes yes
I am so happy right now...
Timeline
1st time applicant
Submitted 7th of September
I didn’t receive any medical request for close to 2-3 months so I decided to do my upfront medicals, my medicals was updated to pass on the 27th of NOV and my BVL and PPR dropped 3rd of December...

Thank God.
Please guys don’t give up abeg... just believe.
I will be back with more info

Congratulations Adeenzo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
Good afternoon my people. My fellow paper applicants three gboza for una, we are coming close to the finish line ✌

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by robot001: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2020
evergold:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 12:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
adeenzo:
PPR just dropped... yes yes yes
I am so happy right now...
Timeline
1st time applicant
Submitted 7th of September
I didn’t receive any medical request for close to 2-3 months so I decided to do my upfront medicals, my medicals was updated to pass on the 27th of NOV and my BVL and PPR dropped 3rd of December...

Thank God.
Please guys don’t give up abeg... just believe.
I will be back with more info

Congratulations! Enjoy the feeling.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jelam: 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
@Teemade
I also got the NSE message
But my bank standard chartered doesn’t give the mybankstatement financial certificate stuff.
What do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JohnErrin: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
I just booked for 19th December for ielts exam and Ircc game me till 1st jan to submit the results for nse� what is life?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
Pimp04:
Go to his office with 2 yours and give him a sound warning, possibly disrupt his office and threaten his life. My candid advice
Threaten his life? And what happens the next day/week when he dies by gunshot along the road, or dies mysteriously in his sleep or at work? Who do you think will be sued for carrying out a threat on the deceased man's life? Rather threaten someone with a lawsuit or, better still, threaten their job, but never their life, unless you're too willing to endanger yourself for nearly nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oginnite(m): 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
Question on POF.

Can two account statements of the same account holder(applicant) be combined for POF in either student permit application?

Urgent response please guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
Congratulations

evergold:

Hey, Sorry, I know this is a school thread. I couldn't find the one for work permit, so I decided to join you guys here since I was getting all the info I need here. Me and my family are moving to Toronto. My daughter has a visitor's visa, my wife has an open work permit and I have a closed work permit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
saskatoonguy:
PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS
I'm a lawyer with registered Law Firm, I Have an account which i have fixed for almost a year but right now it is no more fixed. The Balance in the account is #6,500,000 (22,110CAD) and another account which i run on a regular basis with Balance of #2,500,000(8,500CAD). I have Paid Tution fee. My Program is MBA(2years). Spring Intake

First Year Estimated school - 17,500CAD

Tuition deposit Paid - 6,000CAD

Total POF at Hand(after paying tuition deposit) - 30,610CAD

My Question
1. Is the above account balance enough for POF and if it is enough, How can i package it?

2. Can I submit the two account as POF(Combined) or there is another way to package this POF

Please I need the insight of Seniors here as i am about to submit my application.

I am guessing you're a self sponsored applicant, your POF should show the full money for the program ie tuition plus the LE for the 2 years of stay.
Your tuition is CAD11,500 after deducting your deposit. So you will need to have CAD11,500 + CAD20,000 (living expenses for 2years) + CAD3000 (flight and miscellaneous) in your POF. Sums up to CAD34,500, and you should have a little left over for assurance. This is what I did in my own case as a self sponsored applicant.
You can submit 2 accounts. You also need to show proof of legit earnings, so if non of the 2 accounts is your salary account, you will need to attached your salary account too to show evidence of salary payment, together with your payslips.

Finally, in your SOP, you will explain all this details in the Proof of Funds section to ensure the info is easy for the VO to understand.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jelam: 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
[quote author=TeeMade post=96631183]Please I need your advise @frankrobbn1. My hubby is my sponsor and he uses First Bank which I hear does not issue this financial certificate being requested, for the NSE processing route. We also have our our joint accounts with Stanbic, have our bulk funds in Stanbic Asset Management account and Stanbic USD Funds account. The Asset management arm of the bank is also a separate financial body that may not offer the requested certificate since its not a typical bank. Also, I submitted documents from several financial institutions showing proof of investments in local and foreign shares plus my own available funds as well which makes up all the proof of financial support that I submitted with my application. My questions therefore are:
1. Will it suffice if some of the funds are moved to my personal account to make up the required 6months funds while I explain the lump sum in a letter? especially since the funds are coming from thesame financial sources for which i have initially presented documents when i submitted my application?

2. Does the 6months funds include or exclude tuition fees? Since IRCC requires 10k CAD for a 1year stay in Canada outside Quebec, 6months funds should mean 5k CAD. Please clarify

3. Will they not be interested in seeing my hubby's financial source and records for the requested 12months since he is actually the sponsor? But now that his bank does not offer the requested certificate, how do we go about this? Or

4. Can I just write to them to continue with the initial processing since I am unable to get the required document from First Bank to show my hubby/sponsor's 12months financial history as requested? [/what solution did you find @teemade]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lobinche101(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
Good morning my people.. I just applied for a 2 year education after degree program in Brandon university and I'm sure I will get the admission. My little concern is about my statement of account and sponsor too.. I know I will need about 15million or 20 million but my issue is not with the money but how to leave the money for 6 months or so. WILL I LEAVE THE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT FOR THE WHOLE 6 MONTHS or I JUST HAVE TO RUN HEAVY TRANSACTIONS THROUGH MY ACCOUNT THEN A MONTH OR TWO BEFORE I PRINT MY STATEMENT I WILL JUST DROP THE 20 MILLION and let it run for like a period of 1 or 2 months. Also I'm close to the king of my town who is a first class OBA. Can I also leverage on him for letters like showing I'm rooted to my community and do a lot for the community that I will definitely come back or if I should ask him do like a community reference for me.. if yes. What will I ask him to provide for me like documents and all... please help a brother.. my questions still plenty but make I start with this small one.... GOOD NEWS SOON FOR US ALL.. AMEN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olaa123: 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
Please, from those who wrote the ielts. How difficult is it? Just got the NSE request and it's so depressing. After all the struggle getting all documents I submitted. Now this.
I work fulltime. Is it possible to pass the ielts while working fulltime?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DefyTheOdds: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2020
University of Alberta

adeenzo:

which school in edmonton abeg, I am going to NAIT

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olaa123: 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
Does the mybank statement allow the bank to check the bank account at any given time or just for a specific period of time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Congratulations Hon. adeenzo,

Glad you made that decision to do an UPFRONT MEDICALS

Its obvious there is a BERRY ALLEN SWIFTNESS in your Application

Go yee & do exploits in MAPLE LAND!!!

Yes ooo... we thank God for everything, now we are going to conquer canada grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2020
Olaa123:
Does the mybank statement allow the bank to check the bank account at any given time or just for a specific period of time?

Just a specific period.
Within the time frame of when the ticket ID and password was generated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jelam:
@Teemade
I also got the NSE message
But my bank standard chartered doesn’t give the mybankstatement financial certificate stuff.
What do I do?

Nothing.
You can send them a webform letting them know, or you just wait out the 30 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teefinix: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
Kindly assist with suggestions please.

teefinix:
Good morning,

Please I got mail for NSE to submit ielts and bank stmt. I really want to exploit this option but the bank stmt i used is first bank which is not on the list of banks
I have called the bank nd they confirmed they don't offer the service.
Can i move the funds to my fcmb for the purpose of getting this bank ticket ID and certificate? Or can I upload the first bank printed stmt?
Kindly help with suggestions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 12:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
JohnErrin:
I just booked for 19th December for ielts exam and Ircc game me till 1st jan to submit the results for nse� what is life?

Paper based test or CBT?

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.