Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159694 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:45am On Dec 03, 2020
Good morning to y'all

I got a question

Can someone with an HND do a Post-Baccalaureate program ?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 03, 2020
JohnErrin:

But the only one I can see is paper based

The computer based test is only available at the MOD Tower Yaba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2020
adeenzo:
PPR just dropped... yes yes yes
I am so happy right now...
Timeline
1st time applicant
Submitted 7th of September
I didn’t receive any medical request for close to 2-3 months so I decided to do my upfront medicals, my medicals was updated to pass on the 27th of NOV and my BVL and PPR dropped 3rd of December...

Thank God.
Please guys don’t give up abeg... just believe.
I will be back with more info
Congratulations Hon. adeenzo,

Glad you made that decision to do an UPFRONT MEDICALS

Its obvious there is a BERRY ALLEN SWIFTNESS in your Application

Go yee & do exploits in MAPLE LAND!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 7:49am On Dec 03, 2020
Finally! After a long eligibility review period. I’m happy for you. Congratulations!!!
adeenzo:
Timeline
1st time applicant
I didn’t receive any medical request for close to 2-3 months so I decided to do my upfront medicals, my medicals was updated to pass on the 27th of NOV and my BVL and PPR dropped 3rd of December...

Thank God.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 7:50am On Dec 03, 2020
West0099:
Please can someone help me on the medicals aspect pls i did my biometric last month want to do the medicals and police report all upfront.

Hi West009, i recently read complaints about IOM not accepting Upfront medical applicants for now except you have a medical request from IRCC, i am not sure if this is still the case as at date, i think you should try QLife and they are even more cheaper only you would have to plan your route to Victoria Island as thats where they are located in Lagos. You can check their web https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/cim-terms-and-conditions for more details.

The Police Character Certificate is not compulsory but no harm if you can try getting this just to strengthen your application.

All the very best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:54am On Dec 03, 2020
West0099:
Please can someone help me on the medicals aspect pls i did my biometric last month want to do the medicals and police report all upfront.

If its an UPFRONT Medicals u wanna do,

Its either you do it at

IOM (Lagos or Abuja) - #46,500

Or

Q-life - (Lagos Only) - #35,000

For IOM,
this is your plug
How to book for Medicals at IOM, Ikeja, Lagos or Abuja
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/261#93191277

For Q-life,
this is your plug
Q-life , Lagos , Details (For Medicals)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/389#94601459

After you are through with the medicals, either of the clinics you choose to do ur Medical will give u an E-MEDICAL SHEET, its that E-MEDICAL SHEET u gonna send via WEBFORM AND MAIL to CIC NAIROBI IMMIGRATION OFFICE

The link below is ur plug for that
Sending Webform of E-Medical Sheet (Upfront Medicals) & Sending the same E-medical sheet via E-mail to Nairobi office (see template of the message body for the Webfrom & Email)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

FYI: You might want to consider doing your Upfront medicals at Q-LIFE (Lagos Only), cos recently (Late November 2020 till when this post was made) some people have some complaints about IOM, it might be due to the end of the year approaching, so this situation should be over as soon as the Yuletide Season is over.

You should have done the POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE before submitting ur study vsa application, but I don't know if u still gonna be needing it.

But in case u eventually gonna be needing it,
the link below is ur plug

Police Clearance Certificate & Affidavit at Notary Club High Court
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933476

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 7:58am On Dec 03, 2020
Has anyone sent their passport to any of the VFS offices outside Nigeria?
Dame24:

Congratulations!!! If you’re in a hurry to travel, don’t send your passport to any Vfs in Nigeria wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 7:59am On Dec 03, 2020
You can book directly on the sites of airlines, although you may have difficulty making payment...it’s worth the try though.

When you log in and input flight details, you’ll know the prices...

Kellymaria:
Hi guys, please I have a quick question.

Can I book directly on flight website rather than using third party websites.

Can I book directly in Ethiopian airline website instead of booking on wakanow or travelstart.

Please respond with your opinion and advice guys. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 8:01am On Dec 03, 2020
Someone used VFS Ghana in late October and even shared their payment details here. He didn’t give a feedback or maybe I missed it. The general feeling is that Niamey or Ghana can’t be as overwhelmed as Lagos and Abuja

iampaulsmith:
Has anyone sent their passport to any of the VFS offices outside Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:02am On Dec 03, 2020
SKEPTA:

sending to acrra via dhl is 27,500 and you also have to pay 378 cedes for transmission fee and return courier

ecobank nigeria won’t do it, they’ll tell you to go and use western union or moneygram

i ended up using a bureau de change in ghana to do it i paid 31k for 378 cedes for something that was meant to be 26k

The whole accra thing is a lot
They’re organized yes, but my passport isn’t back to me and i haven’t even gotten counterfoil or loi yet , It got to accra last wednesday, got tracking number on monday

DHL to Accra is N27,500 now? That's insanely high.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 8:03am On Dec 03, 2020
Just book your medical with QLIFE. Don’t bother to try IOM at all. Someone here complained that IOM is no longer attending to upfront medical.
West0099:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 8:04am On Dec 03, 2020
iampaulsmith:
Yours is really a miracle. Congratulations Dora!!! I just sent you a mail

A miracle oh!!! God is really good from getting approval under 1month and few weeks to this �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:04am On Dec 03, 2020
fratermathy:

DHL to Accra is N27,500 now? That's insanely high.

yeah, From the lekki phase 1 branch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 8:08am On Dec 03, 2020
Congrats Adenezoo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 8:09am On Dec 03, 2020
One needs to be sure. Ghana is not Lagos where you can storm at any time �. I’m sure Skepta will keep us posted on his case.

Dampops:
Someone used VFS Ghana in late October and even shared their payment details here. He didn’t give a feedback or maybe I missed it. The general feeling is that Niamey or Ghana can’t be as overwhelmed as Lagos and Abuja

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 8:11am On Dec 03, 2020
When did you submit it to the DHL office? Just trying to see how long it took to get there
SKEPTA:

sending to acrra via dhl is 27,500 and you also have to pay 378 cedes for transmission fee and return courier

ecobank nigeria won’t do it, they’ll tell you to go and use western union or moneygram

i ended up using a bureau de change in ghana to do it i paid 31k for 378 cedes for something that was meant to be 26k

The whole accra thing is a lot
They’re organized yes, but my passport isn’t back to me and i haven’t even gotten counterfoil or loi yet , It got to accra last wednesday, got tracking number on monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bidemialade43: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2020
adeenzo:
Timeline
1st time applicant

Thank God.
Congratulations oh.......
You’re highly favoured... you guys are giving me hope that there is nothing impossible to achieve oh

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:16am On Dec 03, 2020
iampaulsmith:
When did you submit it to the DHL office? Just trying to see how long it took to get there

Friday(almost at the close of work)
but they informed me that they will start work on it the next monday as they were about to close

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 8:17am On Dec 03, 2020
iampaulsmith:
One needs to be sure. Ghana is not Lagos where you can storm at any time �. I’m sure Skepta will keep us posted on his case.

yeah sure
but like they are a lot organized, they even called me to confirm that they had received it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bidemialade43: 8:23am On Dec 03, 2020
And to everyone we’ve sent congratulations to....
Please try in your own leisure time tell us how your application went...from the admission process to visa processing including the documents submitted
Try to lecture us about the Do’s and Don’t of the application....
It is more pleasant if we decided to do our reunion in Canada oh���

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2020
Wow! I would take that over Lagos VFS anytime any day. Passport sent 3rd Nov then LOI and Counterfoil since 30th November but no single change even on the tracking platform.

I can bet that if I had sent to Ghana on 3rd of November, I should be typing this post from Montreal

SKEPTA:

yeah sure
but like they are a lot organized, they even called me to confirm that they had received it

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 8:31am On Dec 03, 2020
MAKE UNA NO GO ADVISE PERSON DO RUBBISH!

E SAY MAKE E CARRY E PASSPORT GO ACCRA!

From Lagos.... ha.... if I ca wait from June till November to get approved is na the 1 month delay VFS Lagos (that thunder will soon fire) that I can’t wait for.....

My dear... carry ur Passport to VFS Lagos and just know that in 4 weeks, the lord will be ur strength and ur BATTLE AXE!

I don drop my 1 kobo for the matter!

This is my 4th week waiting for Lagos VFS... but be ye not deceived, my flight is June 1 2021!!

E go be!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 8:32am On Dec 03, 2020
Akannitommy:
Wow! I would take that over Lagos VFS anytime any day. Passport sent 3rd Nov then LOI and Counterfoil since 30th November but no single change even on the tracking platform.

I can bet that if I had sent to Ghana on 3rd of November, I should be typing this post from Montreal

My fellow Montreal nigga!

God go do am for us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 8:34am On Dec 03, 2020
Longjonjoe:

I didn’t submit up to a year bank statement nor ielts and i got NSE, even my application is under review like this. This thing na random sumtin and God is involved

Hey, are you saying IRCC has started reviewing your eligibility?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2020
Lekiboboe, start the day with them...

Good morning

Lekiboboe:

Called this number 15 minutes ago, the person who picked started with some story for the gods and after telling me to speak with an agent, I jz heard WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE DAY,

4PM never nack ooooo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 8:39am On Dec 03, 2020
adeenzo:
Timeline
1st time applicant

Thank God.

Finallllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I am super super super happy for you!!!!!!!! Congratulations Adeenzo. Your persistence was crazy though..hahahaha! Cheers to better life in Canada.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DefyTheOdds: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2020
Congratulations!!

adeenzo:
Timeline
1st time applicant

Thank God.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tt4tolu(f): 8:46am On Dec 03, 2020
Good morning all. Please I have some questions to ask before I take my actions.
I'm applying through an agent Expedia Consult. I submitted all my documents in September. He said he applied in October after I've paid my Visa fee N153,000(Myself,hubby and one child).
I got to know last week that he did not apply. He said he have an Intel in ircc and he said it's not safe to apply. I flared up and this made him submit my application on 30 Nov.

I've been calling him to schedule me for biometrics but he said this year is filled up until next year. I went online and I booked the biometrics for Tuesday ( I hope I'm on track).

I want to storm his office now. What do you think I can do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2020
Blavkmaann:
MAKE UNA NO GO ADVISE PERSON DO RUBBISH!

E SAY MAKE E CARRY E PASSPORT GO ACCRA!

From Lagos.... ha.... if I ca wait from June till November to get approved is na the 1 month delay VFS Lagos (that thunder will soon fire) that I can’t wait for.....

My dear... carry ur Passport to VFS Lagos and just know that in 4 weeks, the lord will be ur strength and ur BATTLE AXE!

I don drop my 1 kobo for the matter!

This is my 4th week waiting for Lagos VFS... but be ye not deceived, my flight is June 1 2021!!

E go be!

For people who aren't in a hurry, Lagos VFS is great. They can submit passports and even forget it there till they are ready.

For those who want quick action but don't have the money to send their passports outside the country, Abuja VFS is a better option.

For those who want all-round efficiency and have the money, Accra, Niamey or Yaounde VFS should do the trick. People even send their own as far as Dakar and South Africa.

As long as Nigerians work in the VFS, expect the "Nigerian factor". As long as the Nigerians there are Lagosians cheesy, anything goes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by saskatoonguy: 8:48am On Dec 03, 2020
PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS
I'm a lawyer with registered Law Firm, I Have an account which i have fixed for almost a year but right now it is no more fixed. The Balance in the account is #6,500,000 (22,110CAD) and another account which i run on a regular basis with Balance of #2,500,000(8,500CAD). I have Paid Tution fee. My Program is MBA(2years). Spring Intake

First Year Estimated school - 17,500CAD

Tuition deposit Paid - 6,000CAD

Total POF at Hand(after paying tuition deposit) - 30,610CAD

My Question
1. Is the above account balance enough for POF and if it is enough, How can i package it?

2. Can I submit the two account as POF(Combined) or there is another way to package this POF

Please I need the insight of Seniors here as i am about to submit my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 8:48am On Dec 03, 2020
Goodmorning everyone, please what time can we start calling vfs, the automated message is saying they are closed when I selected the option to talk to an agent. Na wa oh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.