Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1165526 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2020
goingforward:
Thanks for your response. Abuja seems to be the fastest route. Although he did his biometric in Lagos since 2018 though.

I'm hoping that the passport will return before Christmas, if we send it tomorrow.

Hopefully it will come but the chance is very slim
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
Kimkalash:
Yeah early last week
Nice, when did you send your passport? I sent mine on Thursday 3rd of December and it reached Abuja on Friday 4th, and today I got the message that my passport is at Canada visa office (and someone on this platform said it meant my passport is in Nairobi) I used DHL 2 way courier service.
When do you think can be a feasible estimated time of the passport returning?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2020
Akupuncture:
Please how do I submit my passport to VFS Abuja? I was told you cannot submit in person.
Hi,

Go to Page 678, a response has already been given to this same question you just asked

Yes you can't submit in person, You have to make use of a Courier service either DHL or UPS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Muslimity(m): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2020
Dampops:
They can emboss the stamp on a red paper so the image will appear on a pdf document

@Dampops:

Thanks for this info. Please, kindly share the link on how I can contact the lawyer that signed and affixed the seal on this PDF custodianship declaration form.

Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
I will make sure I call tomorrow. Thank you
Kimkalash:
I doubt that they reply mails. Call, call, call and call.
Honestly, i ll never believe anything they say until i get my stamped passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 9:53pm On Dec 10, 2020
Sent my passport on the 3rd of November. I really pray you never get my kind of timeline. Since it's Abuja, expect a quicker pace
adeenzo:

Nice, when did you send your passport? I sent mine on Thursday 3rd of December and it reached Abuja on Friday 4th, and today I got the message that my passport is at Canada visa office (and someone on this platform said it meant my passport is in Nairobi) I used DHL 2 way courier service.
When do you think can be a feasible estimated time of the passport returning?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2020
I was told that if you don't have the slip you will need to pay the 7,000+ and thats what I did. I had no issues getting my passport back.
goingforward:
Thanks a lot @lekkiboboe. i've downloaded the form.

My hubby has gotten a visit visa previously so the biometric slip was collected that time. ( I'm hoping they'd have this information)

How will DHL know when the passport will be ready?

Does he just go to any DHL office and pay for two way return from the passport office, I'm confused, please provide more clarity.

This question is open to anyone who has also gone through this.

Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iffylove: 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2020
Hello everyone...
Please does anyone have idea on GRE exam?...
How long does it take the result to be out when someone writes the exam.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by goingforward: 10:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
@chikaima18, Sorry did you do a (self-addressed envelope) for a return passport package from VFS to you using DHL or whatever courier you used ?
So that DHL picks up from the VFS and delivers to you?

Is that how you did it.?

Please help me clarify this information.

thanks.

Chikaima18:
I was told that if you don't have the slip you will need to pay the 7,000+ and thats what I did. I had no issues getting my passport back.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 10:14pm On Dec 10, 2020
Guys, My IELTS computer based test is out, just got the email, signing in to view my scores but its not displaying. Says results not verified yet. Who else is experiencing this? I wrote my exams on Monday 7th dec
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by canadasool: 10:19pm On Dec 10, 2020
@Lekiboboe,

Please I had to resend the PM since I couldn't access the email ID again. I just changed to a much accessible email ID now.

Looking forward to reading from you.

Thanks for your precious time.

Lekiboboe:

Seen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2020
Longjonjoe:
Guys, My IELTS computer based test is out, just got the email, signing in to view my scores but its not displaying. Says results not verified yet. Who else is experiencing this? I wrote my exams on Monday 7th dec
it takes 3 days only to get the result?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by willbeck: 10:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
silvamania:

Hello please don’t confuse people here now .IRCC accepts both . People have sent post or related messages regarding both of them . I know of someone that used General and was approved . Even Canadian high commission in Nigeria recommends general ( see attached email response from them ) but they still accepts academics too

So they accept both of them . Let people write which one they feel and I will urge people to write general cause it seems easier and will be good for immigration purposes later in the future

Have a great day ahead

Apologies and thank you for the clarification. I've taken down the post. Does the ielts result still have to be valid? I.e. Within the 2 year validity. Also can proof of Proficiency in English from your institution suffice in place of ielts? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chikaima18: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2020
I did a one way and paid the 11,300 for them to return to me. But several people here used two way UPS since thats what vfs uses for returning our passports back.

Please I have some questions regarding sowp if you don't mind. Sent you a PM. Thanks
goingforward:
@chikaima18, Sorry did you do a (self-addressed envelope) for a return passport package from VFS to you using DHL or whatever courier you used ?
So that DHL picks up from the VFS and delivers to you?

Is that how you did it.?

Please help me clarify this information.

thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
Rootiab:
it takes 3 days only to get the result?
Yea 3-5 days for CBT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
Longjonjoe:

Use a laptop. With your phone, click on the drop down menu and select scores or so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by goingforward: 11:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
Okay thanks, i'll use UPS then.

I'll check my email and respond.

Chikaima18:
I did a one way and paid the 11,300 for them to return to me. But several people here used two way UPS since thats what vfs uses for returning our passports back.

Please I have some questions regarding sowp if you don't mind. Sent you a PM. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2020
letskeeptalking:
Hello all,

Please which office do I direct webform/enquiries to? I've been sending to the Lagos office and it doesn't seem like they even receive it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 12:09am On Dec 11, 2020
Iffylove:
Hello everyone...
Please does anyone have idea on GRE exam?...
How long does it take the result to be out when someone writes the exam.

in like 15-20 days from your test date..but you can see your score after the exam it it was CBT.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 1:02am On Dec 11, 2020
I did too...exact same thing .lol
MzMisty:
Guys,

I’ve been having ghost updates (application/profile updated) since Sunday.

Sunday was the longest (3hrs)
Monday to date has been for approximately 18mins (every morning).

But when it eventually opens, there’s no change.

Anyone going through same?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 1:58am On Dec 11, 2020
Hello MzMisty, Please can you confirm which IELTS you submitted GT or AT? Thanks.

It will end in praise...

MzMisty:
Guys,

I’ve been having ghost updates (application/profile updated) since Sunday.

Sunday was the longest (3hrs)
Monday to date has been for approximately 18mins (every morning).

But when it eventually opens, there’s no change.

Anyone going through same?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 4:32am On Dec 11, 2020
Good morning guys.

Gurus please I need your help.

I intend reapplying next week.

Attached is the gcms note from my first application.

I have now changed the course to a PGC and have gotten my inlaw to move the money to my account, my inlaw has written a letter stating that he has moved the money into my account and will also be attaching scanned duplicate of the deposit slips.

Do I still need to ask my inlaw to submit an updated letter of introduction from his company? And/or updated affidavit of support or sponsorship again?

I have rewritten my SOP to capture why I changed the course from diploma to PGC.

Thanks for your detailed anticipated response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 4:33am On Dec 11, 2020
LOI drop naaa.... please naa, why are you hiding from me, don’t be shy grin grin...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 5:26am On Dec 11, 2020
Foski01:
Good morning guys.

I have now changed the course to a PGC and have gotten my inlaw to move the money to my account, my inlaw has written a letter stating that he has moved the money into my account and will also be attaching scanned duplicate of the deposit slips.

Do I still need to ask my inlaw to submit an updated letter of introduction from his company? And/or updated affidavit of support or sponsorship again?

I have rewritten my SOP to capture why I changed the course from diploma to PGC.

Based on my own knowledge others can also give idea.Do a gift deed and notarize, since he transfered the money into your account also do the affidavit of support and notarize it and letter of sponsorship to back it up. Then others can also suggest other documents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 5:47am On Dec 11, 2020
Thank you very much.
awys:

Based on my own knowledge others can also give idea.Do a gift deed and notarize, since he transfered the money into your account also do the affidavit of support and notarize it and letter of sponsorship to back it up. Then others can also suggest other documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 5:50am On Dec 11, 2020
More inputspls
Foski01:
Good morning guys.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Testimonytime: 5:50am On Dec 11, 2020
Fai2:
Hello,

Kudos to everyone here. I have been a silent reader, and this is my first post ever on Nairaland!! cheesy I read comments and I have gotten valuable information from here. Congrats to those who have gotten their passports especially through VFS Lagos embarassed and all the best to those who are still awaiting their decisions, wish you all favourable news.

Please oo, is anyone here going to Selkirk College? It is in Castlegar, British Columbia. I have seen the value of relationship and would be lovely to see someone who is going there too. I feel so alone! Please signify so we know ourselves.

Thanks

I applied for a PGD in culinary management, still hopping for admission and start day is mail. Do you have your admission already?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akupuncture: 6:09am On Dec 11, 2020
Pls how long does it take to receive your passport back after submission with courier service?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 6:16am On Dec 11, 2020
TeeMade:
Hello MzMisty, Please can you confirm which IELTS you submitted GT or AT? Thanks.

It will end in praise...

Hi,

I actually didn’t get NSE request but when I filled my form, I ticked the part that asked if I had ielts results. Didn’t attach the certificate tho.

But when I filled my express entry profile some months back, I gave details of the ielts result and the individual number (I guess identity no- can’t remember what it’s called).

It will end in praise by God’s grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 6:31am On Dec 11, 2020
MzMisty:

Hi,

I actually didn’t get NSE request but when I filled my form, I ticked the part that asked if I had ielts results. Didn’t attach the certificate tho.

But when I filled my express entry profile some months back, I gave details of the ielts result and the individual number (I guess identity no- can’t remember what it’s called).

It will end in praise by God’s grace.
Is your Express entry profile still active or you withdrew it already or you running both study permit and express entry Applications at the same time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 6:33am On Dec 11, 2020
awys:

Is your Express entry profile still active or you withdrew it already or you running both study permit and express entry Applications at the same time

I withdrew it a few weeks before I submitted my SP application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 6:38am On Dec 11, 2020
MzMisty:

I withdrew it a few weeks before I submitted my SP application.
Oh I see since you withdrew it I don't think they would see the details of the IELTS most likely they will still request for the NSE requirements since you ticked it that you have it and didn't submit the results they will still request for it and the bank statement so be ready unless they decide not to request for the NSE requirements

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.