Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161129 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 2:25pm On May 27, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Librangyps,

Webform

Email: nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Thank you.

I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MTFindout(m): 2:30pm On May 27, 2020
Good Afternoon, my dear nairalanders, am new on this thread, never been on this thread before but am interested in continuing school in canada. I graduated last year, Geology HND, but i don't know how to process the stuff. I tried looking for colleges in canada admitting Geology for pgd or pgc but found none. Please help, how do i go about gaining admission in one of the college in canada esp Ontario for my pgd in Geology??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 3:06pm On May 27, 2020
MTFindout:
Good Afternoon, my dear nairalanders, am new on this thread, never been on this thread before but am interested in continuing school in canada. I graduated last year, Geology HND, but i don't know how to process the stuff. I tried looking for colleges in canada admitting Geology for pgd or pgc but found none. Please help, how do i go about gaining admission in one of the college in canada esp Ontario for my pgd in Geology??
U are welcome,

Actuallly, There is no PGD/PGC Geology in ONTARIO...
U best option is to go for PGD or PGC in GIS

or u go for an Environmental related program that has Mining /Geology/Hydrology/Ground water Components..

Check out Cambrian College's PGC in Environmental Monitoring & Impact Assessment
(EMPD) @ Sudbury, Ontario. They have Mining / hydrology and GIS courses in that program
https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/empd/

U can also check out Candore College, Ontario
PGC Environmental management

https://www.canadorecollege.ca/programs/environmental-management

Sheridan College, Ontario
PGC in Environmental Control

https://academics.sheridancollege.ca/programs/environmental-control#

If u are interested in a Post Graduate program in GIS, they av a lot of them in ONTARIO and other provinces ..

Find attached PGD/PGC courses in GIS in all provinces in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HeyHey(f): 4:14pm On May 27, 2020
Congrats!
It includes
CAC registration
Statement of account
A letter (or so) that you are being granted leave to study and will return to work after your study.

Gurus in the house please complete the list...

Which school and course?.

Dovelove543:
I recently discussed with my boss about my admission to study in Canada and if the company (my employer) for the past three years will stand as my sponsor, he agreed because I got a full scholarship and Teaching Assistant-ship job, with plans that I will return to Nigeria. My question is what documents do I request from my employer and what should I ask them to do to ensure my visa application is a success. Thanks

Details:
Tuition fees per yr = $7,900
Scholarship + TA = $ 24,000

My personal account is N200, 000

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Naijaforeigner @mcobex or anyone who has an answer to this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 4:39pm On May 27, 2020
Get as many as the shortlisted documents and include them with your application.

Sponsor 1 Documents (Company)
1. Letter of Sponsorship
2. Article of association and memorandum
3. CAC CERTIFICATE
4. Particulars of directors in the company
5. Tax Clearance Certificate
6. Company bank statements for the past six (6) months.
7. Board Resolution Letter stating that they are fully aware of this sponsorship and approve it.
8. Affidavit of Support
9. Business invoices

Dovelove543:
I recently discussed with my boss about my admission to study in Canada and if the company (my employer) for the past three years will stand as my sponsor, he agreed because I got a full scholarship and Teaching Assistant-ship job, with plans that I will return to Nigeria. My question is what documents do I request from my employer and what should I ask them to do to ensure my visa application is a success. Thanks

Details:

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Naijaforeigner @mcobex or anyone who has an answer to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 4:41pm On May 27, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Lekiboboe,

It is no longer a full tuition fees but that shouldn't be a problem, just state the exact figure of the tuition cost and amount paid.

One love!
Alright @JustMellow,
thanks for the input, any idea on how this scenerio can be stated in an SOP, cos it doesn't make sense to pay the $344 USD left using FORM A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MTFindout(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.. Please is there scholarship for PGD /PGC?? Also i have checked out the websites, is it great to pay the tution fee once??
Lekiboboe:

U are welcome,

Actuallly, There is no PGD/PGC Geology in ONTARIO...
U best option is to go for PGD or PGC in GIS

or u go for an Environmental related program that has Mining /Geology/Hydrology/Ground water Components..

Check out Cambrian College's PGC in Environmental Monitoring & Impact Assessment
(EMPD) @ Sudbury, Ontario. They have Mining / hydrology and GIS courses in that program
https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/empd/

U can also check out Candore College, Ontario
PGC Environmental management

https://www.canadorecollege.ca/programs/environmental-management

Sheridan College, Ontario
PGC in Environmental Control

https://academics.sheridancollege.ca/programs/environmental-control#

If u are interested in a Post Graduate program in GIS, they av a lot of them in ONTARIO and other provinces ..

Find attached PGD/PGC courses in GIS in all provinces in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 4:52pm On May 27, 2020
[quote author=Dovelove543 post=90013938]I recently discussed with my boss about my admission to study in Canada and if the company (my employer) for the past three years will stand as my sponsor, he agreed because I got a full scholarship and Teaching Assistant-ship job, with plans that I will return to Nigeria. My question is what documents do I request from my employer and what should I ask them to do to ensure my visa application is a success. Thanks

Details:

Is the $24k per year(if your intended program is for more than a year)? If yes, then all you need is for your employer to send the cash they intend to sponsor/support you with into your personal account (so as to raise it above #200k that is there already and you explain that will be for your flight).
If the $24k is for a year, then you have more than enough to cover for your tuition fee and living expenses, so the additional fund from your employer will just be then supporting you(which will really help convince the vo that they are investing in you cos you will come back).
Another important thing is, your employer needs to present a letter of support, it should boldly state that they will be expecting you at the end of your program and that your job back in Nigeria is secured(more like them giving you study leave).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 4:54pm On May 27, 2020
[b][/b][quote author=Dovelove543 post=90013938]I recently discussed with my boss about my admission to study in Canada and if the company (my employer) for the past three years will stand as my sponsor, he agreed because I got a full scholarship and Teaching Assistant-ship job, with plans that I will return to Nigeria. My question is what documents do I request from my employer and what should I ask them to do to ensure my visa application is a success. Thanks

Details:

Is the $24k per year(if your intended program is for more than a year)? If yes, then all you need is for your employer to send the cash they intend to sponsor/support you with into your personal account (so as to raise it above #200k that is there already and you explain that will be for your flight).
If the $24k is for a year, then you have more than enough to cover for your tuition fee and living expenses, so the additional fund from your employer will just be then supporting you(which will really help convince the vo that they are investing in you cos you will come back).
Another important thing is, your employer needs to present a letter of support, it should boldly state that they will be expecting you at the end of your program and that your job back in Nigeria is secured(more like them giving you study leave).[b][quote author=Dovelove543 post=90013938]I recently discussed with my boss about my admission to study in Canada and if the company (my employer) for the past three years will stand as my sponsor, he agreed because I got a full scholarship and Teaching Assistant-ship job, with plans that I will return to Nigeria. My question is what documents do I request from my employer and what should I ask them to do to ensure my visa application is a success. Thanks

Details:

Another important thing is, your employer needs to present a letter of support, it should boldly state that they will be expecting you at the end of your program and that your job back in Nigeria is secured(more like them giving you study leave).[/b][quote author=Dovelove543 post=90013938]I recently discussed with my boss about my admission to study in Canada and if the company (my employer) for the past three years will stand as my sponsor, he agreed because I got a full scholarship and Teaching Assistant-ship job, with plans that I will return to Nigeria. My question is what documents do I request from my employer and what should I ask them to do to ensure my visa application is a success. Thanks

Details:

Another important thing is, your employer needs to present a letter of support, it should boldly state that they will be expecting you at the end of your program and that your job back in Nigeria is secured(more like them giving you study leave).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by daalade1(f): 5:20pm On May 27, 2020
Hello my brothers and sisters in the house. A friend's study permit application was denied because the proposed program (Diploma in Database Administration) "is available for less online or in closer geographical location." The program of 2 years costs 16k annually. Please how can he respond to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jubrilx: 5:29pm On May 27, 2020
daalade1:
Hello my brothers and sisters in the house. A friend's study permit application was denied because the proposed program (Diploma in Database Administration) "is available for less online or in closer geographical location." The program of 2 years costs 16k annually. Please how can he respond to this.
List your friends profile and prior education
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 5:30pm On May 27, 2020
Congratulations.. This is huge
Pls how did you achieve this? State the school / province and department and how u went about the whole process.
Gurus will sure answer ur question, just kindly relate ur experience and previous degree if it helped achieve the scholarship and job

Dovelove543:

Details:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 5:38pm On May 27, 2020
Hi Leki, I'm no guru like u already know but i think you should just state on ur SOP that you've paid your fees, advising them to find attached receipts. Leave the 'full' or 'part', let their discretion guide them in knowing that the balance is negigible especially because you're not claiming to have paid in full

Hope it makes sense? Others should add sha

Lekiboboe:

Alright @JustMellow,
thanks for the input, any idea on how this scenerio can be stated in an SOP, cos it doesn't make sense to pay the $344 USD left using FORM A

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:39pm On May 27, 2020
MTFindout:
Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.. Please is there scholarship for PGD /PGC?? Also i have checked out the websites, is it great to pay the tution fee once??
No scholarships for PGC/PGD, only for Masters..

If u want to yes u can, and if u wanna pay it in Batch u can...

Many colleges in ONTARIO do divide their Tuition fee PAYMENT to 3-Batches..

And some colleges in ONTARIO make it compulsory to pay the 1st batch of the tuition fee to secure a seat and get a LETTER of ACCEPTANCE to be used for Canada Study Visa Processing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:45pm On May 27, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Hi Leki, I'm no guru like u already know but i think you should just state on ur SOP that you've paid your fees, advising them to find attached receipts. Leave the 'full' or 'part', let their discretion guide them in knowing that the balance is negigible especially because you're not claiming to have paid in full

Hope it makes sense? Others should add sha

Thnx a bunch for the input, u made sense,
Was jz thinking if I didn't state it like that, & dey check my Letter of ACCEPTANCE, it might be questionable , cos my school stated d Tuition fee there...

If they see tuition fee paid, dem go know say this BROS yaff try grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sara25: 6:44pm On May 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Special thanks to Frank,Lekiboboe& every other channels of help& blessing. Such timely&accurate information.
Kindly advise the best PGC/PGD for this profile(my sis).

Single,Female & 29yrs
Bsc- History& Intl Studies
French language certificate- University d'Abomey Benin

She has been teaching French in Primary school for 3yrs.
Quebec is a chosen province and she's open to all other provinces.

@Propofol12. I will appreciate your help seeing you got admission in Quebec already.

quote author=Propofol12 post=89881824]Good day,
I'm new to the process of applying for the study permit, and would like to ask a few questions.

I got admitted to a school in Quebec for my master's, and got a scholarship of 9500CAD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Crochet: 7:02pm On May 27, 2020
What is the best way to get a visa to Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MsFaith: 7:37pm On May 27, 2020
Though I created a thread for this but was advised to paste it here, I need to get more view on this.

What is the best school to study in Canada for a Master's degree in Renewable energy/Clean Power Engineering?

Also, like how much should I save for tuition and accommodation fee?

I only have 2 - 2.5m for tuition and accommodation fee and probably feeding till I get a job along.

Please I need your advice/idea to guide me. E jo o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gracefulylifted: 7:46pm On May 27, 2020
Good evening everyone.
Please has anyone here applied for the study permit through the Nigerian student express route? Any success stories?
Also when applying for a study permit, one of the requirements is IELTS. Will that be academic or general?
Nb
IELTS was not a requirement when applying to the school but I have a general IELTS result. Will that suffice for the visa application?
Your responses are highly appreciated.
Thank you

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Naijaforeigner @mcobex or anyone with an idea about this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ndoeyopbennet: 7:52pm On May 27, 2020
Dovelove543:

Details:

Why do you need sponsorship when you have enough funding? Don't complicate your application. Simply ask your employer to send whatever they're supporting you with to your personal bank account. Anything between N500,000-N1,000,000 in your personal bank account is okay to account for miscellaneous expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jephehe: 8:00pm On May 27, 2020
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/environmental-engineering-applications

MTFindout:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Heltinking(m): 8:17pm On May 27, 2020
Heltinking:
Please what's the acceptance rate of Vancouver Island University? I'd love to go for a masters in GIS application there.
Guys i need answers please, and what's the job market for GIS analyst, GIS technicians, GIS software developers and the likes in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Memmie: 9:03pm On May 27, 2020
Good day everyone

Please I need advise.

I applied to Simon Fraser university for the MET program (Fall 2020) since January. They were unable to provide feedback by April 2020 but did not because of Covid-19.

No communication whatsoever was received from them until I sent them an email and their response was that applications were still being reviewed.

Now, they dont even respond to reminders anymore, what do I do.

I believe it is so unprofessional not to communicate with their applicants.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 10:33pm On May 27, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Hello, please what documents did you submit?

1. Admission letter
2. Resume
3. SOP.
4. Evidence of my personal business (CAC documents, particulars of directors bank account)
5. Personal Bank account. Sponsor had already paid in 14m into my account. Fees for the entire program was about 6m. I even thought the money was way too much.
6. Sponsors personal bank accounts of about 50m.
Sponsor is a business man. Submitted his own company’s incorporation documents and company account.
7. Sponsors letter of sponsorship explaining his finances and why he set aside that amount of money for my schooling (My business is actually a family run business and he is a partner so we tried to show how my degree will help move the business to a bigger playing field). I even added proposal to show how we plan to recoup the money spent on the degree in about 6 years.
8. Passport showing previous travel history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 10:40pm On May 27, 2020
UBblessed15:
Good evening Nairalanders, this is my first post though I been a guest who visits front page regularly. I stumbled on this thread recently and I saw the amazing advice,info and sincere help given to a lot of members on different issues.
Please I need an advice.
Sorry it's a lengthy one I studied Microbiology and since graduation I have been working in a bank like 9 years experience till I was advised to resign 7 years ago(I have been doing my own thing basically). I want to go back to my field to study Public Health but the little research I did and what I read here yesterday set my brain. I graduated with a 2.2 cgpa..3.31 that means no way for me in the MSc category. Please what should I do?? Which other courses and degrees of choice should I embark on? Is test of English compulsory for all the schools because I would prefer one that doesn't though if possible?I heard it's a long process from start to finish. Thank you
Only a few schools actually ask for test of English. Majority of schools Nigeria is exempted because we are recognized as an English speaking country. I applied to about 6 schools and only one asked for test of English
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 10:50pm On May 27, 2020
daalade1:

It’s always very important to ensure that your program is not available online because VO have been known to reject visas because the program is easily available in Nigeria or online. Can he upgrade to a masters program and explain how a masters program from a first world country gives him an advantage with the job market as against a local degree?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UgwuanyiM: 11:29pm On May 27, 2020
Chalva:
Finally, Bvl/Passport Request. Fourth Application. Glory be to God. My special thanks goes to Frankrobn1, Naijaforeigner and other gurus in the house whose contributions and encouragement helped me to achieve this feat after the unfair decision I received from IRCC on my third application. This forum gave me all that i needed, no third party involvement in my recent applications..CELEBRATION MOOD

Congrats Bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UgwuanyiM: 11:30pm On May 27, 2020
Heltinking:
Please what's the acceptance rate of Vancouver Island University? I'd love to go for a masters in GIS application there.

Wow I'm interested in GIS too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by daalade1(f): 11:58pm On May 27, 2020
Great idea. Thanks!

Luckymama:

It’s always very important to ensure that your program is not available online because VO have been known to reject visas because the program is easily available in Nigeria or online. Can he upgrade to a masters program and explain how a masters program from a first world country gives him an advantage with the job market as against a local degree?

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.