Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,690 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1171533 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:31am On May 26, 2020
murphyjames:

Hello JustMellow,
I trust you are staying safe! I have been following this thread for a while now.
I must commend you and other gurus for your selfless services on this thread.
Please, I would like to speak with you privately, don't know if it's against the rules here.
But what i want to share with you is highly confidential and wish you will grant me your audience.
Thank you in anticipation!

Hello Murphyjames,

I have responded.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kaycevit: 5:33am On May 26, 2020
Congrats Dear
Chalva:
Finally, Bvl/Passport Request. Fourth Application. Glory be to God. My special thanks goes to Frankrobn1, Naijaforeigner and other gurus in the house whose contributions and encouragement helped me to achieve this feat after the unfair decision I received from IRCC on my third application. This forum gave me all that i needed, no third party involvement in my recent applications..CELEBRATION MOOD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:46am On May 26, 2020
librangyps:

Immediately I saw this, It just clicked in my head that i didnt do this. I used my first name and last name. I cant remember typing in my middle name.

So I have gone ahead to withdraw my application by filling a webform as I also read on ircc page of the utmost importance of this.

My question now is should I go ahead and submit another application or I must wait for confirmation that the initial application has been withdrawn?

Thanks Frank

Hello Librangyps,

You shouldn't have hurriedly withdrawn your application. An updated IMM form would have suffice. Besides, online application requires no or/and an appended signature.

A withdrawal denotes an automatic rejection and you have to wait for it to be process before filing for a new application to avoid conflict of interest.

There are two options with no guarantee to the first.

1. If you haven't gotten an acknowledgement response to the effect, raise a CSE and Email to the CPC or VAC for reconsideration with detailed explanation then append the new form.

2. Wait for it to play out before re-applying.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:53am On May 26, 2020
Chalva:
Finally, Bvl/Passport Request. Fourth Application. Glory be to God. My special thanks goes to Frankrobn1, Naijaforeigner and other gurus in the house whose contributions and encouragement helped me to achieve this feat after the unfair decision I received from IRCC on my third application. This forum gave me all that i needed, no third party involvement in my recent applications..CELEBRATION MOOD

Hello Chalva,

Your resilience and doggedness has been rewarded. Kudos and Congrats!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:15am On May 26, 2020
Chalva:
Finally it ended with Praise,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chalva: 6:39am On May 26, 2020
oma22:

Bro Canada does not owe u visa, I pray ur study permit gets granted but they don’t owe u shit! They have every right to stop granting Nigerian citizens visa if they please. My point is, when u get rejected, don’t bring emotions here to talk down on Canadian immigration. Nigerians are to sentimental. I wish everyone well oo abeg make una free me.
Canada owe me visa and have redeemed it. Learn how to encourage people in this forum who are frustrated based on unfair decisions of IRCC towards Nigeria applicants due to the inconsistency and inefficiency of canadian visa process.There are many genuine applicants in Nigeria that has been denied unjustly.I submitted the same documents used in my third application, pointed it out to them boldly that they are WRONG in their decisions and yet got approved Canadian Vo's are human beings and can make mistakes.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 6:46am On May 26, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Librangyps,

You shouldn't have hurriedly withdrawn your application. An updated IMM form would have suffice. Besides, online application requires no or/and an appended signature.

A withdrawal denotes an automatic rejection and you have to wait for it to be process before filing for a new application to avoid conflict of interest.

There are two options with no guarantee to the first.

1. If you haven't gotten an acknowledgement response to the effect, raise a CSE and Email to the CPC or VAC for reconsideration with detailed explanation then append the new form.

2. Wait for it to play out before re-applying.

All the best

How do I raise a cse, another web form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 6:49am On May 26, 2020
Congrats
Finally
Chalva:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ralfudoh(m): 6:52am On May 26, 2020
That was too quick and a decision in a rush. If that was the only reason for you withdrawing, there are several ways you can got about it. Correct the form, and raise a webform to Nairobi and attach it. Secondly send it via mail to Nairobi and copy Lagos, they would update your application with the new form.
You went too far asking for a withdrawal.
librangyps:

Immediately I saw this, It just clicked in my head that i didnt do this. I used my first name and last name. I cant remember typing in my middle name.

So I have gone ahead to withdraw my application by filling a webform as I also read on ircc page of the utmost importance of this.

My question now is should I go ahead and submit another application or I must wait for confirmation that the initial application has been withdrawn?

Thanks Frank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 7:01am On May 26, 2020
Anon123:

If you suggest that, how will he or she relate to the vo I did biochm in my bsc and am going for marketing mngt.... I believe it's paramount the VO sees career progression not career diversion cos the later is harder to explain than the former
I said from the two options he gave. Also, who says one can't switch from one field to another? Also you have to know this person in question though studied industrial chem but has been working in the marketing/business industry for years, so that's also enough reason for him to stick to it.
All he needs now is write a convincing sop and explain his reasons and he should be good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:02am On May 26, 2020
I merged the family forms with other family info and home tie documents and uploaded same in the Family information column.. Can this be a problem IF it is wrong?
Lekiboboe:

Admission Letter (Letter of Acceptance) has its own uploading column ..

This how the Online DashBoard looks like

Application for study permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the study permit form.

Passport (required) - Upload your international passport.

Letter of Acceptance (required) - Upload your letter of acceptance from the school.

Proof of means of financial support - Upload your Sponsorship letter, Affidavit of support, bank statements, payslips, sponsor's source of income (like- employment letters, introduction letters from employer, promotions letter etc.) or bussines documents (CAC certificates, tax clearance certificate, article of association and memorandum etc..) Also, include your already paid tuition receipt in this section (if any).

(All the Documents here merged together must end up to be either Less than 4.00MB or 4.00MB on the DOT)

Digital Photo (required) - Upload your Passport Photograph. The passport size should be between 60KB to 240KB and the dimension should be 420X540.

Family Information (IMM5645) (required) - Complete, save and Upload the family form.

Schedule 1- Application for a temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada (IMM5257) (required) - Complete and Upload the form.

Client Information (required) - Upload your SOP/LOE, degree certificates, transcripts, birth certificates, recommendation letters from past and present employers, NYSC discharge papers, your work ID, your employment letters, resume etc... (every supporting documents should be uploaded in this section).

(All the Documents here merged together must end up to be either Less than 4.00MB or 4.00MB on the DOT)

Credit: Frankrobbn1

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 7:11am On May 26, 2020
librangyps:

Thanks Frank
Why withdraw your application when you can send a webform asking for correction? Withdrawing your app is not the right call

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 7:12am On May 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:
Good morning y'all..

A quick one,

Can someone apply for a study permit even after paying 97% of his/her tuition fee..?
(Though I know its not compulsory to pay Tuition fee bfor apply for a Study Permit)

What warranted this question is that, Paying tuition fee in CANADIAN dollars from Nigeria didn't fall through, so we asked the skool, Can we pay in USD $, and they said YES...

So after doing the conversion of Tuition fee in USD dollars to Canadian dollar , it seemed sufficient enuf... But when the school sent the Payment receipt, there was a remaining balance of $344 CAD left.... I.e Tuition fee - $18,121CAD, got a receipt of $17,777 CAD..

I concluded probably it's the Charges here in Nigeria ( Form A), Senders charges & Charges of the Financial institution in Canada that affected that 18K CAD and ended with 17K CAD payment..

So is it safe to say ONE HAS PAID HIS/HER FULL TUITION FEE ,

Note:I Paid the Tuition fee with a DORM ACCOUNT

Thanks
There's no nothing to worry about
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 7:24am On May 26, 2020
Chalva:

Congratulations Chalva. Delay is never denial and your strong will of persistence has turned your story around. Enjoy your celebration, you deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:27am On May 26, 2020
HeyHey:
Good day house, well done to all the selfless individuals providing answers.

Please Advice.
I am finished with a 4.18 from Law, 2.1 from law school and I which to do my LLM (master's) in Canada by God's grace. I am considering a number of universities based on the following factors:

1. Nature of the course (is it general LLM or LLM in a particular field or is it a MA)

2. Requirement of English language proficiency

3. Cost of housing in that province/area

4. Acceptance rate for international students

5. Cost of Tuition

6. That I have 2kids (4 and 2)

Now, I am still learning about this process and combing through the universities' websites and nairaland trends, which has been a great deal of help. With this, I found comfort in applying to University of Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

However, I still need guidance.
1. Are study permits granted to persons with kids, without the spouse?

2. Lawyers in the house, is an LLM worth it or should I apply for other law related courses?

3. Are there other things that are not within my contemplation, especially with regards to kids?

4. Are there scholarship opportunities available, to supplement the fees.

5. The whole process appears a bit complex, do you advise I do it myself or use an agent (how much will this cost on a average)

Thank you.

@Frankrobbn1,@Naijaforeigner ,@JustMellow,
@mcobex, @Austacus, @Lekiboboe @Justwise

Glad most of ur questions have bin answered..

my addition,

1) U might need to widen ur horizon in terms of schools offering masters in Law Related programs, most esp. if d law program u wanna do is THESIS BASED, it is essential for u to contact lots of POTENTIAL SUPERVISORS
visit the Link below and check out skools offering MASTERS RELATED PROGRAMS

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=law&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

And the following tips will be helpful in ur Masters Admission Process

HINTS ON SECURING ADMISSIONS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES (PARTICULARLY MASTERS' DEGREE)

https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/58#54706122

TIPS ON GETTING A SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH/THESIS BASED M.Sc and Ph.D Part 1
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/28#34729512

TIPS ON GETTING A SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH/THESIS BASED M.Sc and Ph.D Part 2
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/197#56305272

2) Most skools exempt NIGERIA from English Proficiency Requirement, cos Naija is an ENGLISH SPEAK COUNTRY, But u can get a LETTER OF CONFIRMATION OF PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE from the skool u graduated from, stating that ur 3-5yrs in so so skool, all ur courses were all taught in English Language and the Official Language of ur country is ENGLISH LANGUAGE etc.

3)To confirm about cos of living U will need to visit kijiji.ca/, set the province u wanna reside in and search for categories/types of apartment, u gonna see the Price range

5) Cost of Tuition , check the website of the skool u are applying for in the International Student Section, or u mail the international dept. of ur desired skool to know about that

To ur questions

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 7:30am On May 26, 2020
Chalva:
Canada owe me visa and have redeemed it. Learn how to encourage people in this forum who are frustrated based on unfair decisions of IRCC towards Nigeria applicants due to the inconsistency and inefficiency of canadian visa process.There are many genuine applicants in Nigeria that has been denied unjustly.I submitted the same documents used in my third application, pointed it out to them boldly that they are WRONG in their decisions and yet got approved Canadian Vo's are human beings and can make mistakes.

You can celebrate your study permit without being petty or ignorant. The fact you got visa does not mean they owe you visa. Canada is not your country!! This is my first time of seeing people feeling entitled to someone else’s country. Your situation further buttresses what I said, if going to Canada is important to you, try again and again till u get it. Congratulations, but leave me out of this please.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 7:34am On May 26, 2020
Chalva:

Congratulations bro, well deserved!

With your comment and remarks, it is clear that you have learnt and implemented few things since joining this platform, if you don't mind, I would like to ask you what you did differently, from your first app, to this last.

In simple terms, how will you advice a first timer, what will you say can make a difference?

Congratulations, again!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Helengirl: 7:39am On May 26, 2020
Good day everyone, i have really gotten a lot of information here, but i need to know if i can go biometric now cos i got a letter on 18th requesting that i go for biometric which was exactly 5 days after i applied online. Please i need to know if there is a way i can get my biometric done cos i have tried to reach the lagos center via email, phone etc all to no success, pls i need an advice on what to be done to enhance my onlinr study permit approval. Thankd in anticipation of a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 8:03am On May 26, 2020
Hello, u need to be patience with yourself while praying for the VAC centre to open. Many people are in the same situation too
Helengirl:
Good day everyone, i have really gotten a lot of information here, but i need to know if i can go biometric now cos i got a letter on 18th requesting that i go for biometric which was exactly 5 days after i applied online. Please i need to know if there is a way i can get my biometric done cos i have tried to reach the lagos center via email, phone etc all to no success, pls i need an advice on what to be done to enhance my onlinr study permit approval. Thankd in anticipation of a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 8:07am On May 26, 2020
Chalva:

Congratulations,

Are you going for masters or PGC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HeyHey(f): 8:18am On May 26, 2020
Thanks so much. Very helpful information and faith boost!

JustMellow:

Hello HeyHey,

There are numerous programs related to Law offered either as core or elective programs in LLM or Masters. You have to identify which of the aspect you intend to Major. You can use Google to broaden your school and program choice either by provinces or randomly. Some cheap provinces are Manitoba, Saskatoon, Alberta, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and other Atlantic part of Canada.

International student whose official language or previous studies was conducted in English are always exempted for giving language proficiency testing except otherwise. See the highlighted sentence to know more about life in canada. Based on online statistics, Nigeria currently have between 81%-83% possibility of refusal but we are not here to check on that.

To your questions:

1. Yes

2. Assess your situation and have an aim. In spite having health and science related field been prioritized, Law also has its unique and special aspect in terms of future paths in Canada.

3. Your personal situation or circumstances could determine how to shape your contemplation based on the kids.

4. Their are numerous form of funding and scholarship but more popular and flexible for students in science fields. The scrabbles are for Arts. grin

However, when sourcing for funding and scholarship, be guided not to source from a government financial support program. This may make a students ineligible for PGWP. There are several other funding bodies that have a sustainable end operated through the various academic institutions.

5. If you are keen to research enough, its a straightforward process and can be done alone. However, in spite of open information and internet sources, if you still feel the need to use a representative, walk through the process together so you know how to build your confidence and direct your faith.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lawgirlie: 8:49am On May 26, 2020
Hello.pls house help a sister. I'm applying for my canada study permit this week and i need som1 to help me glance through my SOP.Thks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nochyks87: 8:52am On May 26, 2020
Chalva:

Congrats Bro. Persistence and grace pays!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by lawgirlie: 8:58am On May 26, 2020
Pls i need sm1 to help glance through my SOP, I'm applying this week. I'm on my knees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ubmec: 9:02am On May 26, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ubmec,

A "PBD" in Business Management is more ideal because of your alien academic background. The program is coined to be a linking bridge.

All the best

Thank you....I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ubmec: 9:11am On May 26, 2020
Chalva:

Congrats.... It was worth it!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 9:21am On May 26, 2020
Chalva:

Congrats bro...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gracefulylifted: 9:25am On May 26, 2020
Good morning everyone.
Please has anyone here applied for the study permit through the Nigerian student express route? Any success stories?
Also when applying for a study permit, one of the requirements is IELTS. Will that be academic or general?
Nb
IELTS was not a requirement when applying to the school but I have a general IELTS result. Will that suffice for the visa application?
Your responses are highly appreciated.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Zika123: 10:02am On May 26, 2020
Good morning,please do I indicate my travel history in my sop and how do I come about it..I need a simple explanation please
Frankrobbn1:

These courses are not difficult as you think. It's a prerequisite online course that can be completed within a month after proper training and preparations on ground. I believe she will be able to meet up with the grade stated (70%). On another note, if she doesn't meet up with the minimum requirement from the school she might not have a seat reserved for her in the accepted term and the 200k+ which she must have spent for the online courses will be forfeited.

There are good chances of securing a VISA with Royal Roads University BC, Canada. Although only a few number of applicants got their visa with this school, while others are still struggling after couple of refusals. Meanwhile, this is not to discourage you in any way but that's my honest observations about the school.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns as regards this matter, don't hesitate to seek for counsel.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:10am On May 26, 2020
Gracefulylifted:
Good morning everyone.
Please has anyone here applied for the study permit through the Nigerian student express route? Any success stories?
Also when applying for a study permit, one of the requirements is IELTS. Will that be academic or general?
Nb
IELTS was not a requirement when applying to the school but I have a general IELTS result. Will that suffice for the visa application?
Your responses are highly appreciated.
Thank you
The NIGERIAN STUDENT EXPRESS ROUTE is not official yet, its something still in progress..
They jz only notified the public about it

Yes it would suffice, u can upload ur IELTS result for ur Visa Application

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.