Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1156862 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jwon1: 9:03am On Jun 12, 2020
Rollyxxmv:
Not sure abt how this works..but sure others can help

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunleraji(m): 9:06am On Jun 12, 2020
Good morning everyone trust we are all keeping safe And doing well
Please House I am humbly requesting the assistance of any one who can please take out a little time to help me review and scrutinize my SOP as I have made sure to do all that’s meant to be done

Here is my profile :
BSc banking and finance (Second class upper)
Got admission into university of Windsor for fall 2020
For Masters In management- international accounting and finance
Have already paid my tuition.
Please I’ll really appreciate if I can get assistance
God bless us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blema111: 9:18am On Jun 12, 2020
[quote author=Rollyxxmv post=90573895][/quote]
I never said it was not compulsory, I only said it isn’t necessary. But if the applicant wishes to include same, good. There are people who didn’t include the birth cert of every family member and got their approvals. Just concentrate on better things that would improve your chances.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:50am On Jun 12, 2020
Chimzy4real:
How about MUN �

Your chances are good provided you're able to demonstrate that you're a bona fide student who will study and return after studies.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 10:09am On Jun 12, 2020
Remember to add Tax certificates and stamped pages of your passport to prove Travel History and family members identity, birth cert or passport or pictures

Nwannediutor:
I will be submitting my study permit application this weekend. here are the documents I intend to submit.

I want to be sure I am not forgetting anything. Thanks

Academics

Letter of Acceptance from the University of New Brunswick
Bachelors Degree Certificate
Bachelors Degree statement of Result
Transcript
National Youth Service Corp Certificate
Resume
Secondary School Certificate (WAEC)

Financial Qualifications Documents

My Personal Bank Statement for the recent 6 Months - (Inflow N50,000,000 balance N10,000,000).
My Personal Bank Statement for One year (Inflow – $106,642USD, balance $22.89USD)
Explanation of the source of funds
Official school fees schedule

Fees Information

Total cost for my studies (Tuition & Student Fees for entire study duration): $21,448 CAD
Total Cost of Living (for 1 year): $10,000 CAD
Available Funds: 34,714 CAD (converted from NGN at 288.066 CDN/NGN)

Order Supporting Documents

Statement of Purpose
Police Character Certificate
Birth Certificate
My Company Certificate of Incorporation
My Land Documents
Letter of Appointment for previous Employment.

Identity Information

Copies of Passport Data Page
CIC Study Permit Forms

Completed Application for Study Permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294)
Completed Family Information Form (IMM5645)
Completed Document Checklist for Study Permit

Am I good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 10:13am On Jun 12, 2020
No document is unnecessary.. There's nothing wrong with submitting more documents, especially cos he already has them and won't lose anything by attaching all he wants to add

Blema111:

Adding the birth certificate of every member of your family isn’t necessary. They aren’t the ones traveling.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2020
aliadi2:

Thanks for the support sir, i would like to clarify somethings that you said
1. I will use a paid representative(agent) to apply for my student visa
2. And then i will let the representative argue on my behalf for the misgivings of information and i will back that with a swore affidavit of fact.
3. You then said i should not do this if my uncle file the application (are you referring to the sponsorship application or my student visa that i am about to apply for .

Question: is it possible that IRCC will seize his PR and that of his family because he tempered with information and this is fraudulent according to the IRCC website?

Hello Aliadi2,

This is what I meant:

– No, I was saying the only way you can try to convince the VO in regards to the wrong information passed about your parents death is if MAYBE your uncle used an agent. This way, it may be easy for you to explain and provide clarity to the VO that the oversight came from the agent.

– That if its actually true an agent was used and with the reason that you may not have known how the agent had filled your personal information and never asked for more documents. And you never gave him any document regarding the death of your parents.

– That you should then swear an affidavit attesting and reaffirming that your parents are indeed alive and hale.

– That if your uncle filed the application himself, you shouldn't do as suggested but put in your application. This way, at the end, you will surely get to know if the application was refused due to misrepresenting or approved because your application was assessed and processed indepenently.

– Misrepresenting of facts and/information is a serious inadmissibility crime. They ain't likely to seize his legal documents but may face certain penalty especially if he has broken the law before. For more information, you can read more on inadmissibility from IRCC site.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2020
Nwannediutor:
I will be submitting my study permit application this weekend. here are the documents I intend to submit.

I want to be sure I am not forgetting anything. Thanks

Academics

Letter of Acceptance from the University of New Brunswick
Bachelors Degree Certificate
Bachelors Degree statement of Result
Transcript
National Youth Service Corp Certificate
Resume
Secondary School Certificate (WAEC)

Financial Qualifications Documents

My Personal Bank Statement for the recent 6 Months - (Inflow N50,000,000 balance N10,000,000).
My Personal Bank Statement for One year (Inflow – $106,642USD, balance $22.89USD)
Explanation of the source of funds
Official school fees schedule

Fees Information

Total cost for my studies (Tuition & Student Fees for entire study duration): $21,448 CAD
Total Cost of Living (for 1 year): $10,000 CAD
Available Funds: 34,714 CAD (converted from NGN at 288.066 CDN/NGN)

Order Supporting Documents

Statement of Purpose
Police Character Certificate
Birth Certificate
My Company Certificate of Incorporation
My Land Documents
Letter of Appointment for previous Employment.

Identity Information

Copies of Passport Data Page
CIC Study Permit Forms

Completed Application for Study Permit made outside of Canada (IMM1294)
Completed Family Information Form (IMM5645)
Completed Document Checklist for Study Permit

Am I good to go

Hello Nwannediutor,

There is no need for statement of results since the certificate is included. I believe you're self-sponsored and self-employed, where is the proof and how did you demonstrate that the cost of your for the second year will be offset?! This is just a rhetorical question.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:56am On Jun 12, 2020
jwon1:

Hi Rollyxxmv,

Please I am about to submit my application online and the questionnaire that I filled didn't provide "Completed Document Checklist for Study Permit"

Please, is this compulsory? or it is based on the provided documents checklist of each candidate profile?

Thanks for your response in advance.

Hello Jwon1,

Remember, you are doing an online application which comes with a custom checklist which are the upload columns for the required documents unlike paper that enables a manual checklist.

Literally, you can also use the paper checklist to arrange or sort your documents before uploading online or work with the custom made for online.

There is no need to worry.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wendynuel: 11:11am On Jun 12, 2020
Good morning people,

Please i need help!!!

I am writing my SOP for my study permit application and I wish to travel to Canada with my 2 kids below 10 years of age while my spouse stays back in Nigeria.

My question is, Am I required to apply for study permit for them being that they will be with me during the course of my studies? Please can someone with similar experience give me clues on how to go about this....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Heywhy19: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2020
Good Morning house . Please I need your help, I got Masters Admission offer for Fall term September 2020 but I am worried that the time left might not suffice for Visa processing, if the embassy comes with their decision after the resumption date, and let’s assume it’s not a denial, what will likely happen ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jwon1: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Jwon1,

Remember, you are doing an online application which comes with a custom checklist which are the upload columns for the required documents unlike paper that enables a manual checklist.

Literally, you can also use the paper checklist to arrange or sort your documents before uploading online or work with the custom made for online.

There is no need to worry.

All the best

Thank you, I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
You must be new here and is like you want make dem copy your work finish. Somebody that does not know how to write obi is a boy will offer to help you & copy everything. Message gurus here frank & co directly. No go carry sand out for your garri
Kunleraji:
Good morning everyone trust we are all keeping safe l

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
You’re not required to apply for them.
Personally I will say you should apply alone & state in your SOP that they will be in Nigeria with your spouse during your studies.

It helps to strengthen your home ties.
When your visa comes out, you can now apply for them
wendynuel:
Good morning people,

Please i need help!!!

I am writing my SOP for my study permit application and I wish to travel to Canada with my 2 kids below 10 years of age while my spouse stays back in Nigeria.

My question is, Am I required to apply for study permit for them being that they will be with me during the course of my studies? Please can someone with similar experience give me clues on how to go about this....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunleraji(m): 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:
You must be new here and is like you want make dem copy your work finish. Somebody that does not know how to write obi is a boy will offer to help you & copy everything. Message gurus here frank & co directly. No go carry sand out for your garri
Thank you very much sir for the insight
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2020
wendynuel:
Good morning people,

Please i need help!!!

Hi Wendy. I really don’t see a reason why your kids are accompanying you to Canada for your study and I’m sure the VO will feel thesame way. It may negatively affect your application as they will feel your intentions may not really be to study and come back when you’re done. I’d advise you submit just your study permit and travel alone first. Your spouse and kids will act as strong ties to your home country and may convince the VO that you’ll be coming back home because you can’t just abandon your family. When you’re in Canada already, then you can start thinking of how they can come over. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Yes. Just send to someone that you’re 100% sure has gotten the visa from previous threads or the popular gurus here that are already in Canada or abroad. Don’t send your sop to any PROSPECTIVE applicant. They’re also like you & cannot really help you. They just want to compare your own to theirs & copy where they can. Just do your work jeje, package your documents and pray to your Chi. All the best brother
Kunleraji:
Thank you very much sir for the insight

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunleraji(m): 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Yes. Just send to someone that you’re 100% sure has gotten the visa from previous threads or the popular gurus here that are already in Canada or abroad. Don’t send your sop to any PROSPECTIVE applicant. They’re also like you & cannot really help you. They just want to compare your own to theirs & copy where they can. Just do your work jeje, package your documents and pray to your Chi. All the best brother
High regards to you sir
God bless you I’ll do as advised.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by opeey(m): 12:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
Lekiboboe:

They are the same thing....
Though most times the duration is always the difference, which is sometimes caused by the Co-op attached to it

PGC - 1 year (3 semester approx.)
PGD - 2 years ( 4 Semester )

Although, there are PGC courses that are two years, For instance, a PGC in Business Mgt - Human Resources at Lambton college ONTARIO is 2 years while a PGC in International Business Management at Cambrian College, ONTARIO is 1 year

Graduate diplomas offered in Canada are typically taken following a bachelor's degree and a successful award allows progression to a master's degree. Depending on the institution, a graduate diploma in Canada may be at graduate level or bachelor's level.

Similar courses at other Canadian institutions may be termed postgraduate diplomas at graduate level and post-baccalaureate diploma at bachelor's level.

Graduate Certificate is a credential usually offered to students who have completed an average of 15 credits of graduate course work[clarification needed].

Admission requirements vary tremendously among Canadian universities, but in general both graduate students, as well as undergraduate students having completed a Bachelor's degree, can apply to such a program. In some cases, the graduate certificate can represent part of the coursework required for obtaining a Master's degree
thanks..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thank you very much for your reply... I am grateful
Blema111:

Right now, you just have to wait until it is opened or isn’t it something that can be done online? Do you have to be physically present at the office? If you can do it online, then go ahead. Those guys are unpredictable so if you think you might not meet up, you can always defer your program to Winter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Foski01: 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
Did you at least like attach a land document?
Chukwuemeka101:

Sorry guys, I have been on the field

Second Application = May 13th
Denied = June 3rd

All the reasons here are also part of the previous reason, only

Purpose of visit was added

Please Advice needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nwannediutor: 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Nwannediutor,

There is no need for statement of results since the certificate is included. I believe you're self-sponsored and self-employed, where is the proof and how did you demonstrate that the cost of your for the second year will be offset?! This is just a rhetorical question.

All the best

Thanks JustMellow. The program is for one year only. However, I provided source of funds in my LOE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hello All,

Please I have a qstn, if you wish for your kids to travel with you and they are both Americans meaning they do not require a visa to enter into Canada, is it better to file for them as dependents from here, or to take them with you and when you get there, regularize their stay? Cos I spoke with an Agent who told me it is better and easier for them to regularize their stay when they get into Canada. I also wont have to worry about securing more proof of funds for dependents visa.

Also with regards to POF for a 2yrs programme, if one only has proof for 1 year and does not show how to raise the funds for the 2nd year, will it be a problem securing the visa?

Finally, if one has a business with all registration documents but no tax certificate, what does one do? Cos I noticed it is a requirement stated on the CIC site
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
So guys, I submitted my application today. Biometrics is next. Hoping for the best!

Best wishes my sister. Please did you pay your tuition and if so how did you go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
Luckymama:

Best wishes my sister. Please did you pay your tuition and if so how did you go about it?

Hello, Yes i paid via wire transfer and payoneer debit card.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2020
jamesy212:
Hi family, special thanks to all the wonderful contributors of this forum.

Please I will like to know if it's possible to open a GIC account in Canada from Nigeria and use it as proof of funds for living expenses.

Secondly, I run a registered business (not company) here in Nigeria and I have a corporate account with the business name. I'm also the sole signatory to the corporate account. Is it advisable to use the statement of account of the corporate account or should I move the funds to my personal account and use the statement instead?

Your contributions will be immensely appreciated. Thanks in anticipation

I will suggest you move the funds to your personal account based on my experience. My application was refused because of my sponsor’s use of his business account and he didn’t show evidence that he was the signatory to the business account. To avoid any stories that touch just put the money in your personal account but make sure you highlight this in your statement of purpose that the money came from your business account of which you are the sole signatory.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
hotboss:

Amen.. I always applied to to MEng option. But I haven't tried U of Windsor bcz I saw that one shouldn't have more than 3 backlogs. And i have 5 Fs on my transcript. Although 2 where absent cases . I don't know of ibshoukd still go ahead to apply. Thank you very much for always responding .

University of Windsor requires that no student should have more than 3 backlogs and in your case you have 5 F's. My advice is that you should try the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Your chances of getting admitted into a Master of Applied Science (MASc) is considerably high.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Hello, Yes i paid via wire transfer and payoneer debit card.

Was the wire transfer at official bank rate? Or did you have to buy forex and put in a domicilliary account? I am trying to pay via form A but just keep getting conflicting information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by hotboss: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

University of Windsor requires that no student should have more than 3 backlogs and in your case you have 5 F's. My advice is that you should try the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Your chances of getting admitted into a Master of Applied Science (MASc) is considerably high.

It will end in praise

This post got me smiling.. gave me an inner conviction that it will sure end in praise .. thanks very much .. I will keep into your advise right away by contacting supervisors. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
Eilenora:
Hello All,

Please I have a qstn, if you wish for your kids to travel with you and they are both Americans meaning they do not require a visa to enter into Canada, is it better to file for them as dependents from here, or to take them with you and when you get there, regularize their stay? Cos I spoke with an Agent who told me it is better and easier for them to regularize their stay when they get into Canada. I also wont have to worry about securing more proof of funds for dependents visa.

Also with regards to POF for a 2yrs programme, if one only has proof for 1 year and does not show how to raise the funds for the 2nd year, will it be a problem securing the visa?

Finally, if one has a business with all registration documents but no tax certificate, what does one do? Cos I noticed it is a requirement stated on the CIC site

As per your first question I personally know a lot of people that regularise their children’s status after arriving at Canada and it is very straight forward.

I even have a family friend that the entire family went with visiting visa. They all had previous visiting visa. The mother applied for her student permit. Everyone including her husband accompanied her on their own visiting visa. When they landed the husband was given his work permit and the children are all attending school now. She has completed her program and is working on her PGWP. Bottom line apply alone. The children will be regularised once you are in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FieryJoe: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hello, what if the child is still a baby less than a year? I'm applying with my baby while my hubby stays back in Nigeria. Would that pose any hurdle?

Yads97:

Hi Wendy. I really don’t see a reason why your kids are accompanying you to Canada for your study and I’m sure the VO will feel thesame way. It may negatively affect your application as they will feel your intentions may not really be to study and come back when you’re done. I’d advise you submit just your study permit and travel alone first. Your spouse and kids will act as strong ties to your home country and may convince the VO that you’ll be coming back home because you can’t just abandon your family. When you’re in Canada already, then you can start thinking of how they can come over. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jamesy212(m): 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
Luckymama:

I will suggest you move the funds to your personal account based on my experience. My application was refused because of my sponsor’s use of his business account and he didn’t show evidence that he was the signatory to the business account. To avoid any stories that touch just put the money in your personal account but make sure you highlight this in your statement of purpose that the money came from your business account of which you are the sole signatory.

Thanks a lot Luckymama. Do you've any idea about opening a GIC account from Nigeria and if it's possible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.