Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail (47620 Views)

155 Persons Die In Yobe Within 6 Days Over Suspected COVID-19 / Nurses In Ogun Wear Polythene Bags To Treat Suspected COVID-19 Patient (Photo) / Area Boys Demand Settlement Before Evacuation Of Suspected COVID-19 Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Humility017(m): 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
alizma:
Nice move by the woman and kudos to the D.P.O and his team.
I know staying home is not easy but this is small camp are with what will happen should the health sector become overstretched.
We just tested about 10,000 out of over 2m and the health officers are already complaining of lack of test kits and someone say the lockdown should be lifted.
Well if you ask me, I will say lift the lockdown for 3days and announce that those who cannot afford to continue staying in their present location can move to where they will be able to afford their cost of leaving, e.g to the village or farm and after the 3days, enforce a strict lockdown like that of China or North Korea.

You don't seems to get it.

The government is not serious
Do a lockdown for 6 months and still government won't still able to do up to 60k tests for 200m people....

Reasoning because they're not sincere...the government prime motive is to steal

Why lockdown when you didn't provide p allatives nor do mass tests?

I am so sure what have been used all thsi while is the test kits provided by Jack Ma and they have not bought any from all the Billions donated .

Even if we can't import test kits why didn't we boast technology drive like Senegal that made their own test kits or invest in our medical sciences to ease the possibility of a vaccine ?

Keeping people at home is not the issue, but is the Government willing to use the donated funds and others sincerely to fight this pandemic?
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by judility(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
NCDC should do a massive training and employment of ad-hoc staff, just like what INEC does during election preparation, there are many unemployed graduate that study health related courses, all should be fully employed to help sensitize and fight this virus, there is fire on the mountain,
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Forumobserver12(m): 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2020
May the almighty God heal her for acting responsibly.....
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by chubinwa(m): 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
Her sense of reasoning is a top notch. she was even very careful not to infect other people. may God heal her. Amen!!
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Pavillon: 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
lets cry for international help, we need more international health care workers for more assistance
Can we for once drop this *Giant of africa* title and face our lives squarely..
Nothing, absolutely nothing is working in Nigeria. This pandemic is just opening to the world our deficiencies, be it health sector, educational sector and every other aspect of this country. Nothing is working, lets not deceive ourselves. We are not living the best of our lives as a nation, we are not getting the dividend of our democracy, except what we demanded for was Demo- Crazy, that means we've not even experienced the real Crazy, more is yet to come.

With a population of over 200,000,000, we have only been able to carry our just 10000+ test while S/Africa with 60-70 million population has done over 150,000 test. Pls whats wrong, whats wrong with all the funds allocated for fighting this virus, what of the international fund, from EU, china and so, Funds from Philantropist.
I sat down yesterday, studied worldometer and latest on the spread of this diseases, specifically Africa, I looked at how we've been able to manage this virus and sincerely, we are lagging behind. Check the death rate for other countries with close number of cases( Ghana and so) to Nigeria.
Lagos State gov is trying but i think its high time dy start crying out for help, lets begin to seek for international help, calling for more supports, not funds now but in manpower just as S/Africa did. Lets not wait before it gets to hundreds of thousand, we cant manage cases of that magnitude in Nigeria, its still manageable now.... this is becoming overwhelming but it seems we are not seeing it.

Nigerians are great but Nigeria is not great.S/africa just received 221 Cuban doctors and dy have just 4000+ cases... We cant wait till we get to that level before we call for help
MarianaTrench:
The time has come for Nigeria to push the panic button!
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Candoit: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
Courageous woman.
She may eventually not have it.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by checkoutEnugu: 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2020
dre11:
Suspected COVID-19 patient runs to police for help

https://thenationonlineng.net/suspected-covid-19-patient-runs-to-police-for-help/
cock and bull story.. Super story. Journalists are dumb in Nigeria.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by ubcandid(m): 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2020
Shibaraba:
Boys make una see idea ooo. Instead make una dey wait for giveaway make una use this method. At least for isolation center chow go dey. Shebi na to cough and sneeze. That one easy. Sniff Cameroon pepper, or ata ijosin.

Wish the woman good health o

Gov't food no dey make sense. You neva do NYSC? It wont be different.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by santori: 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
alizma:
I know staying home is not easy but this is small camp are with what will happen should the health sector become overstretched.
We just tested about 10,000 out of over 2m and the health officers are already complaining of lack of test kits and someone say the lockdown should be lifted.
Well if you ask me, I will say lift the lockdown for 3days and announce that those who cannot afford to continue staying in their present location can move to where they will be able to afford their cost of leaving, e.g to the village or farm and after the 3days, enforce a strict lockdown like that of China or North Korea.

it's obvious you have never been to Nigeria or out of touch with the reality in Nigeria, I'm putting this question to you who will enforce the strict lockdown as you said

don't tell me the Nigerian police force and other security agencies that are brutally corrupt or we will bring in European police to come to the rescue
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Pat081: 3:00pm On Apr 27, 2020
Read again
meum:
"She said she came to the station because she was frustrated from calling the NCDC and isolation centre without success."

They provided numbers to call and they were called. None of them responded. What a shame!
What if she had infected a lot of people within that area?
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by truthstands01: 3:00pm On Apr 27, 2020
This story doesn't jive. She called NCDC number and it failed. Which one did the police call? Nigerian story......I feel the story is trying to give police a kind of good name. Somebody might be looking for promotion here.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Vivuch: 3:05pm On Apr 27, 2020
dre11:
Suspected COVID-19 patient runs to police for help

https://thenationonlineng.net/suspected-covid-19-patient-runs-to-police-for-help/
I pray she test negative. She's a hero!!
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by putin2: 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
May God heal the woman amen
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by alizma: 3:25pm On Apr 27, 2020
Humility017:

You don't seems to get it.

The government is not serious
Do a lockdown for 6 months and still government won't still able to do up to 60k tests for 200m people....

Reasoning because they're not sincere...the government prime motive is to steal

Why lockdown when you didn't provide p allatives nor do mass tests?

I am so sure what have been used all thsi while is the test kits provided by Jack Ma and they have not bought any from all the Billions donated .

Even if we can't import test kits why didn't we boast technology drive like Senegal that made their own test kits or invest in our medical sciences to ease the possibility of a vaccine ?

Keeping people at home is not the issue, but is the Government willing to use the donated funds and others sincerely to fight this pandemic?
OK, tell us the way forward.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
Olayemie1010:
Lol. Drama indeed.

Funny thing is she can get tested now and she will be negative. Lol

1 Like

Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Sheggun1: 3:53pm On Apr 27, 2020
alizma:
so that people with the virus staying in city will affect the people in village......and some village r without hospital
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by chigoizie7(m): 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
Just as this woman, many people have this virus , many are willing to turn themselves in in other to save others. But the Nigerian government is playing politics with it.

As for the Nigerian citizens. That refuse to maintain social distancing. For as long as the cases keep increasing. The lockdown will still be in effect. And will continue to be extended.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by SirMichael1: 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2020
ignis:
As far as NCDC remains a government controlled organization it will be a mess just like public schools and public offices.
Government establishment in Nigeria have been hijacked by nepotism and bureaucracy from the point of employment to retirement hence the lackadaisical attitude displayed by government workers.

So police station is now the place to visit if one shows COVID-19 symptoms as a result of incompetency of NCDC

I pray trigger hungry blood drunk policeman won't fire an innocent patients that run to the station for help.
I know you don't know the gravity of your assertions but police stations are government owned too. Perhaps have you considered that they are usually overwhelmed by huge number of calls?? Much more like the customer care of network providers?
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Adimie: 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2020
alizma:
q

The dangers of this comment is the curses people will reign on you.

Just saying..............................
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by alizma: 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
Adimie:
q

The dangers of this comment is the curses people will reign on you.

Just saying..............................
Sorry to disappoint you, I have received praise for the comment and not the other way round.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by nannyo(f): 8:56pm On Apr 27, 2020
God bless that woman! unlike some wicked people purposely spreading the virus. I look forward to hearing the good news after 2 weeks that she has recovered.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by DriggityDre: 4:27am On Apr 28, 2020
IronPant:

I'm good. Are you still down?
Yes brah. Just after this lockdown stuff.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by solonubinho(m): 7:52am On Apr 28, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:
Omoh person steal my Tv oh, make I go report am for hospital.
LMAO!!!
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Kfed4ril(m): 8:42am On Apr 28, 2020
alizma:

The citizens cannot continue to suffer the ineffectiveness of the government.
The aim of the lockdown has been defeated, because the were meant to contain the spread of the virus by carrying massive tests, but alas a country of over 200m people was able to carry only 10,000 tests whereas small Ghana of 30m people has carried over 100k test.
So why should the citizens continue to suffer the ineffectiveness of the useless government? The other day when Natasha Akpoti complain of this same thing, supporters of the useless government insulted her and lambasted her for playing politics (their new language when someone tell them the truth, and they can’t counter it).

Bros the honest shit, Nigeria government was never prepared for This shit, after making mouth fa. Lol, there only hoping that before shi gets real the western world must have found a cure/vaccine.

If you want, extend this lockdown till the end of the year I promise you that this government wouldn’t have done up to 100k tests by then, so why suffering the masses when the only thing you can give them as palliative is expired rice.

Call off the fucking lockdown, and enforce the use of face mask, then also uphold the ban on public gatherings. Thank you.
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2020
Re: Suspected COVID-19 Patient Runs To Police As Attempts To Reach NCDC Fail by DriggityDre: 11:05am On Apr 28, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / COVID-19: A 240-Bed Isolation Center In Anambra At NYSC Camp Umuawulu/Mgbakwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.