Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition (663 Views)

Why Don't Southerners Like Dating Northern Ladies? / Why Cant Southerners Imitate Hausa Girls / Why Hausa Girls Dont Date Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by Rhymer2020(m): 7:07am On Apr 27, 2020
igbos what is wrong with us?
...............................................................................................................
THESE THINGS ARE NOT OUR TRADITION:

1. PUTTING CORPSE IN THE MORTUARIES
2. WEARING OF ASOEBI/UNIFORMS
3 HIRING OF FUNERAL UNDERTAKERS/NDI OZU JOJONJOLOKO
4. GOING TO CHURCHES TO DO THANKSGIVING FOR THE DEATH OF OUR RELATIVE AS IF CHUKWUOKIKE (GOd) HELPED US BY KILLING HIM/HER!!
5. PRINTING OF POSTERS AND BANNERS
6. ETC, ETC

Let us do away with expensive BURIALS in Igbo land because "A person who sold land to bury a dead relative has buried and lost two persons"!!!
Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 27, 2020
UnaToto
Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by Kriss216: 7:14am On Apr 27, 2020
Are we suppose to put the corpses in your house

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by Trueigbo: 7:21am On Apr 27, 2020
I agree with you but we can't remain in the olden days.
Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by athaboi(f): 7:38am On Apr 27, 2020
Another post showing symptoms of joblessness bcoz of the lockdown. Please stop calling igbos in your joblessness biko..
Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:40am On Apr 27, 2020
If Southerners didn't embrace civilization. We would have been like the Brutish Herdsmen lost and stuck in 13th Century normadic way of life.
Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by zionmde: 9:18am On Apr 27, 2020
Rhymer2020:
igbos what is wrong with us?
...............................................................................................................
THESE THINGS ARE NOT OUR TRADITION:

1. PUTTING CORPSE IN THE MORTUARIES
2. WEARING OF ASOEBI/UNIFORMS
3 HIRING OF FUNERAL UNDERTAKERS/NDI OZU JOJONJOLOKO
4. GOING TO CHURCHES TO DO THANKSGIVING FOR THE DEATH OF OUR RELATIVE AS IF CHUKWUOKIKE (GOd) HELPED US BY KILLING HIM/HER!!
5. PRINTING OF POSTERS AND BANNERS
6. ETC, ETC

Let us do away with expensive BURIALS in Igbo land because "A person who sold land to bury a dead relative has buried and lost two persons"!!!
Sharrap
u think someone who raised u up, suffered for u, made sacrifices for u to be successful will die and u wrap him around a mat and dump him in a shallow grave just like dat, u must be crazy den

We pay our dead a befitting final respect, because dats all we can do for him at d moment.
u can keep dumping urselves into d ground using a mat
Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by cooooooks(m): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2020
Expensive burials is not civilization.

fulaniHERDSman:
If Southerners didn't embrace civilization. We would have been like the Brutish Herdsmen lost and stuck in 13th Century normadic way of life.
Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by cooooooks(m): 11:22am On Apr 27, 2020
My grandma always says: "Don't spend money on my burial. Call me now before I die".

zionmde:

Sharrap
u think someone who raised u up, suffered for u, made sacrifices for u to be successful will die and u wrap him around a mat and dump him in a shallow grave just like dat, u must be crazy den

We pay our dead a befitting final respect, because dats all we can do for him at d moment.
Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by zionmde: 11:47am On Apr 27, 2020
cooooooks:
My grandma always says: "Don't spend money on my burial. Call me now before I die".

Dats her choice. For me i choose to give them my best wen they are alive and give them a befitting burial wen they are gone. the only thing am against is forcing someone who cant even feed to borrow just for burial
Re: Igbos And Some Southerners Has This Been Our Tradition by Rhymer2020(m): 8:11am On Apr 28, 2020
zionmde:

Sharrap

a dead man doesn't praise jah

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons Many Women Will Not Will Not Make Heaven / Drop Your Ego, See Her As Wife And Not A Slave / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.