Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos (685 Views)

SAG: We'll Stage Protest In Umuahia If Ikpeazu Recalls Ex-cos / SSS Arrests Obaseki’s Ex-cos PA, Invades Residence For Search / My Life In Danger, Says Senator Ademola Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by yankeenowo(m): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2020
HOME NEWS SPORTS METRO PLUS POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTHWISE EDITORIAL COLUMNS OPINION SUBSCRIBE

SECTIONS

Search for:

NEWS

My life in danger, says Obaseki’s ex-CoS

Published April 27, 2020

KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY

Sola Shittu, Benin

A former Chief of Staff to Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, Taiwo Akerele, on Sunday cried out that his life is in danger following the invasion of his residence at 1st Ugbor Road in Benin GRA by men of the Department of State Services.

The DSS men invaded the residence of Akerele around 5pm and arrested his Personal Assistant, Jaspa Olowojoba, the security man and other domestic staff in the residence.

Akerele, who confirmed the incident to our correspondent on the telephone, said his street was cordoned off by the DSS men who came in one 18-seater bus and three vehicles of   Operation Wabaizigan.

“They cordoned off my street, arrested all my personal staff, my security man and took away all my children’s birth certificates. They sealed my house, my life is under threat. I said I have resigned and that I shared his vision and I am still with him politically, so what else do they want from me?” he said.

But reacting, the Edo State Commissioner for Information, Mr Paul Ohonbamu, accused Akerele of attempting to blackmail the governor, saying having accepted his resignation and appointed a new CoS, Obaseki had moved on and had nothing to benefit from attacking Akerele.

Ohonbamu said, “He is the least of our worry; no one is bothered about him; the governor has moved on. To say that the governor is after him is sheer falsehood and blackmail and it shows the kind of character we are dealing with.”

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by princeade86(m): 7:24am On Apr 27, 2020
OK. But should we come and guide u ni.
Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by bolaayenimo: 7:26am On Apr 27, 2020
H
Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by Praxtech: 7:29am On Apr 27, 2020
If dem kill you... it's ok. Since you don't understand the concept of loyalty... You resigned two months to re-election.... After chopping in the government for 4 years. You suddenly remembered you had principles.... You know nothing about power
Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by athaboi(f): 7:29am On Apr 27, 2020
Yes na...what do you expect before
Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:33am On Apr 27, 2020
Praxtech:
If dem kill you... it's ok. Since you don't understand the concept of loyalty... You resigned two months to re-election.... After chopping in the government for 4 years. You suddenly remembered you had principles.... You know nothing about power

He has a right to resign anytime he likes even if it's on election day. Obaseki has really dropped the ball on this one. He is supposed to be an educated and civilized man and should not use state apparatus to intimidate the citizenry.

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by realstars: 7:33am On Apr 27, 2020
How Do We Help You? Well We Will Fight It Here, And You Will Conquer,

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by Praxtech: 7:34am On Apr 27, 2020
GeorgeTheCoder:

He has a right to resign anytime he likes even if it's on election day. Obaseki has really dropped the ball on this one. He is supposed to be an educated and civilized man and should not use state apparatus to intimidate the citizenry.
I won't be surprised if he dies in a motor accident or gets infected with COVID-19
Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by Faponmile(m): 7:54am On Apr 27, 2020
When you were chopping who did you tell? Snitches get this kind of treatment all the time. Your case is not different. Na you and Obaseki and Oshiomole get problem. If you sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind.

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by Praxtech: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2020
GeorgeTheCoder:

You'll see his end. Try not to be a snitch
Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by Gordieshegz(m): 11:13am On Apr 27, 2020
Obaseki my man
Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by Godons1: 11:27am On Apr 27, 2020
Obaşeki and his Deputy are failures. For the last 4 years, there is no project Obaşeki can boast of in Edo.

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
Praxtech:

You'll see his end. Try not to be a snitch

Snitches are people who tell.on criminals. If Obaseki is a criminal he deserves anything he gets.

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by Praxtech: 2:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
GeorgeTheCoder:

Snitches are people who tell.on criminals. If Obaseki is a criminal he deserves anything he gets.
Snitches should get what is due to them
Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by Pruwa: 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2020
ehnnn..
pele

na Coro be our problem now
we are tired of staying at home
Re: My Life In Danger, Says Obaseki’s Ex-cos by byinks(f): 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
Did Edo state government really spend 1 billion on COVID or not ?

There's a connection to all this.

(1) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Nekede Launches Automated And Semi Automated Hand Sanitizer / Nnamdi Kanu Swear You Didn’t Collect Billions From Atiku- Man Dares MNK / Time to tear down Madam Tinubu's statue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.