Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight (43239 Views)

New Year Day: President Tinubu To Address The Nation At 7am / June 12: President Buhari Will Broadcast To The Nation At 7am On Democracy Day / Atiku Abubakar And Peter Obi On "The Candidates" Live At 8pm Tonight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by RaptorX: 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2020
kikero:

1.Ideally, till we have had no new cases for several days (New Zealand just achieved that milestone today, so they would be lifting their lockdown....gradually. )

2.We could lift the lockdown now, but the problem is, a lot of people will die....and knowing Nigerians, they won't tolerate the deaths of lots of people.
Plus, covid19 overrunning our hospitals means that beds would be filled with patients, meaning that people who have preventable diseases could die because no access to care (During the last ebola outbreak, Liberia lost a lot of people to diseases like Malaria and diarrhea because all beds were taken up by ebola patients)

If they extend the lockdown it would be harsh on the economy and hunger would increase, and people would die. Lift the lockdown, and hundreds of thousands of people will die. Either way, it doesn't look good.
Sweden was able to achieve the same goal without a lockdown.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Pascal9: 6:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Buhari, buhari buhari hunger dey powder! Do the needful,
I sell good quality hand sanitizer at reasonable prices, 25liters for 20k, free delivery in Lagos, call me on 08134633103
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Cuz it a government TV station..moreover. other stations will pay NTA to connect. So in turn.. NTA makes money
Jochabed:
Why is NTA the only Tv station given the right to broadcast his speech now?
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Pascal9: 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Buhari, buhari buhari hunger dey ! Do the needful,
I sell good quality hand sanitizer at reasonable prices, 25liters for 20k, free delivery in Lagos, call me on 08134633103
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by BastardSage: 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:

Chai!

I don die.

See the thing that has been insulting me.

I give-up!

[/s]
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by ATMCARD2(m): 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
LOCKDOWN ALREADY EXTENDED...... 30DAYS......an intel
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2020
RaptorX:
Sweden was able to achieve the same goal without a lockdown.

1.Well, Sweden has 18,926 cases with 1005 recovered, and 2, 274 deaths , compared to our own of 1273, with 239 recoveries and 40 deaths.

2.Based on the above, one could argue that the lockdowns are working in Nigeria compared to the Swedes.

3Sweden has 10 times the death rate of its neighbors, all of whom are on lockdown.

4.Sweden is not free yet. Yesterday, they recorded 264 new cases. Coming down from 754 on the 24th of this month, but not free like New Zealand yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Wettoid123: 6:31pm On Apr 27, 2020
thank you Mr president anything you say is for the betterment of this nation.
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2020
There is nothing wrong with reading papers. It the information that is important.. Moreover. Other world leaders including trump,UK Prime Minister all give many of their speeches written on paper..
tomzyELNINO:
So how is that my business

Let him address Nigerians without reading paper.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by melviniyke2002(m): 6:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
ignis:
The robot president has been handed a 3 paged written speech that he knows nothing about. He is currently going through the written speech to get familiar with the words. The recorded speech will be taken to the studio for editing. Which will then be played to Nigerians by 8 pm.

Stay tuned.
lol.....hate speech.....watch out for Dss n co....
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by ignis: 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
melviniyke2002:
lol.....hate speech.....watch out for Dss n co....

Let them come
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by murmee: 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
kinibigdeal:

It is pre-recorded. They will just play what has been practiced for several days
Is it not the Message you need!
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Warmaterial(m): 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
sarrki:
Let the lockdown continue

That’s the best decision
heartless being , because u have doesn't mean another person have ... Stupid fool

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by murmee: 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
sencekompis:
Rechargeable president, is nearing 60% By 8pm 61%
I'm laughing!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 27, 2020
I hope they have written the speech well?

Anyone who believes this pre-recorded speech played by NTA is a live Broadcast is a fool.

With exemption to buhari supporters who are already lost.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Chicastle: 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
Hope he is not going to read speech? Let him speak to Nigerians from his heart
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by zedegit: 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
Pascal9:
Buhari, buhari buhari hunger dey powder! Do the needful,

Very soon nah drink you go drink this sanitizer.
So #20k is reasonable to you?

Even the one I prepared for myself stored in 75ml didn't cost up to #1000 and the glycerine, hydrogen peroxide is remaining much.

Continue exploiting the masses And you will be one side blaming Buhari.

For those that want to prepare personal sanitizer

Buy Moko spirit sold at market
Glycerine
Hydrogen Peroxide

Pour 1 bottle of Moko spirit inside empty can
1 teaspoon of glycerine
1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide
2 cups of water
Shake well

That's your sanitizer!

This formula was given by a young dynamic lady entrepreneur on Facebook.

I tried it and it worked but I've forgotten her name though.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by E2000: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2020
Nigerian leaders/politicians are tired of Covid-19
They didn’t run for office to be doing crisis management and thinking so much.
They just want to steal money and travel.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by shiwex: 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2020
Now Nigerians see Buhari for who he is, an unintelligent fool who was forced on Nigerians by greedy Tinubu. Trump was right when he said the man was brain dead, as a business man, he could tell Buhari had nothing to offer Nigeria. Without a doubt, this is the worst government ever to rule Nigeria and people need to wise up now and vote intelligent people in.
I have to be honest at this stage, a corrupt Atiku will do better than this lamp post we call president, an inexperience Sowore will perform much better than this stooge. We should have suspected when he refused to turn up for a simple debate, these were signs that the guy is not articulate, lacks foresight has no plan.
How can Nigeria at this stage have a president who never gives press conferences, Really Nigerians should never let this happen to them again, enough is enough.......

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by kay10: 6:59pm On Apr 27, 2020
From reliable source, the locked down ends tonight as FG as no choice than to lift the ban, however many souls may not survive this

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
ignis:
The robot president has been handed a 3 paged written speech that he knows nothing about. He is currently going through the written speech to get familiar with the words. The recorded speech will be taken to the studio for editing. Which will then be played to Nigerians by 8 pm.

Stay tuned.
I swear you get it 100% programmed president

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by prophetfire: 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:
Any Decision, My President Takes, Is For The Good OF The Nation...

May God Bless Buhari!
. AUDIO,PROGRAMMED PRESIDENT ���� ANY DECISION HIS MINDERS TAKE FOR HIM RATHER.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Wasky101: 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2020
ignis:

Stay tuned.
As opposed to just coming on live TV to telling Nigerians to drink disinfectant?
Grow up son this is becoming boring.
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by pretyval: 7:32pm On Apr 27, 2020
Another recorded speech in the making

1 Like

Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Acidosis(m): 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
The poor will always be at the receiving end of whatever the president chooses to do tonight.

Extend the lockdown? More people will complain of hunger.

End the lockdown? The poor would be denied access to healthcare and NCDC isolation centres (if the pandemic escalates).
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Perocom(m): 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
ignis:

Stay tuned.

Positive outcome is what we eagerly await. If them make them carry the speech go edit am for Mars, we want hear lockdown has been relaxed, magana yakari
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by emeijeh(m): 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2020
LINTUNE:
lol..is this real
Yes Na... Last week.
It shows you don't use Twitter.
Twitter is more fun than Nairaland
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by ernestabanum: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2020
We are waiting ........:::
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Perocom(m): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2020
sarrki:
Let the lockdown continue

That’s the best decision

There's national lockdown, statewide lockdown and personal (individual) lockdown. Any of these categories can decide to relax it or continue without interfering with the other. So if Buhari relaxes national lockdown and you as an individual doesn't like it, you can still continue with your own personal lockdown in house and stay save. If you can survive under lockdown, there are people who will encounter the very death that you are preaching right in the house, all die na die
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by ignis: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
Perocom:

Positive outcome is what we eagerly await. If them make them carry the speech go edit am for Mars, we want hear lockdown has been relaxed, magana yakari

Do you think anything positive can come out of them?
Re: President Buhari To Address The Nation At 8pm Tonight by Perocom(m): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2020
Straightpath:
Announcement of another two weeks loading...............

God forbid, it is over

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Youths Flee As Soldiers Invade Enugu Community For Sacking Herdsmen / Kaduna Curfew: El-Rufai Conducts Aerial Surveillance Of The State (Photos) / IPOB Members Blast Nnamdi KANU Over Atiku Comment -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.