Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead (6009 Views)

– Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. / Russian Judge Fired For Falling Asleep In Court / Tsunami Alert Issued For 5 More Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by thameamead(f): 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2011
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by redsun(m): 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
D nazis started just like d tea party.They are gaining ground,soon the killing of their opponents will become legit
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by omofat: 5:18pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^ Touche. Now even republicans are running scared of the tea party extremists.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by omofat: 5:23pm On Jan 13, 2011
oh and by the way, does any one here want to defend "blood libel" as just another metaphor ?

Give me a break.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by omofat: 5:30pm On Jan 13, 2011
@isale - sorry jare,  I've been trying to do some work ni jo. back now for a bit of more Palin rant smiley

The same Palin quotes Regan in saying that society shouldn't be blamed for the actions of a crazy person would happily castigate an entire religion and its adherents (all several billion of them) over the actions of a handful of crazies.

Yes Yes, I read HuffPo.

When Obama says lets "listen to our enemies" and then soon after some junkie ragtag bunch of somali pirates capture an american ship off the coasts of east africa, these retards somehow see "cause and effect". It's because the president is weak, the extremists can tell we're weak, etc etc.

But now they're looking for evidence.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by omofat: 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVDla_Ax40k

"instead of posting videos in the dead of night" - David Brock kiss

For those of us who have direct access to SP, please send the video above her way.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Jan 13, 2011
Its sad that happened to a Conresswoman.

But in politics you have to tone down the rhetoric and hate words.

Not everyone in the country has the ability to discern properly. An argument between two Politicians who end up hugging themselves after the debate might have caused serious war somewhere by their supporters who are not so discerning.

Personally i think the Tea party is going over and even the Republicans try to dissociate from them.

savanaha:

I think as dumb as Mama Grizzly portrays herself, she is aware of everything she does. Her and many others send out violent messages under the cover of politics to Tea Partyers and then everyone pretends the messages are misconstrued. Mrs. Gifford commented on the crosshairs Palin put on her district and that of others. [b]"[size=18pt]We're on Sarah Palin's targeted list. But the thing is the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun site over our district. People do that they've got to realize there's consequences to that action."[/[/size]b] (http://www.examiner.com/political-buzz-in-national/interview-of-rep-giffords-on-palin-s-crosshairs-on-her-district-video)
Personally I think many Tea party supporters are possibly racist and probably hate Jews. While this 22-yr old acted on his own, there are many other scare tactics used by supporters of the Tea Party. A few months ago a lady was stomped on the head at a Tea Party rally for Rand Paul;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbnEy_U9pYk
After watching "Right America Feeling Wronged." I saw how Beck and people like him knowingly incite violence and then come later to start playing the "its political talk" nonsense.

Look at what she said about being on the crosshairs and compare it to what has happened.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by savanaha: 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2011
dayokanu:

Its sad that happened to a Conresswoman.

But in politics you have to tone down the rhetoric and hate words.

Not everyone in the country has the ability to discern properly. An argument between two Politicians who end up hugging themselves after the debate might have caused serious war somewhere by their supporters who are not so discerning.

Personally i think the Tea party is going over and even the Republicans try to dissociate from them.

Look at what she said about being on the crosshairs and compare it to what has happened.

In my opinion Sarah Palin and many of the Tea Party republicans have all lost sight of the debate in fairness idea. They put on this big show where, they don't even shake hands with their opponents. They practice their message of hate is. What has happened to Giffords will not affect Palin and other hate mongers like her because they will all still tune in to Faux circus news where reporting the truth is an option that is often opted out of.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by isalegan2: 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2011
omo~fat:

@isale - sorry jare, I've been trying to do some work ni jo. back now for a bit of more Palin rant smiley

What up, Skinny? cheesy
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by TayoD1(m): 12:51am On Jan 14, 2011
@topic,

BREAKING NEWS - LEFTIST ACTIVISTS CALL FOR BOYCOTT OF TARGET STORES.

In what has become another twist to the Tuscon tragedy, a group of DNC Activists who call themselves Liberals for the Restoration of Toning Down the Rhetoric (LRTDR), have now called for a National Boycott of the popular chain store "TARGET".  Speaking through their secretary of media affairs, Mr Baby~Fart, LRTDR said it is unconscionable that any civilized people, group or entity be allowed to use that word in a free society.  According to Mr Baby~Fart, the word "Target" reminds people of the tragedy in Tuscon and could inspire people who may or may not have been inside a Target Store to commit unprecedented attrocities.

Furthermore, the Group insisted that TARGET must be held responsible for any act of cruelty on animals, especially dogs.  According to Mr Baby~Fart, Target Stores' mascot is a dog with a bullseye clearly drawn on the the left eye.   This is no doubt a ploy and a secretly coded message to trigger-happy Tea Partiers to turn these beloved animals into moving targets.  Asked if there is any proof or evidence to support these assertions, Mr Baby~Fart retorted that proofs are only a means of filibuster by the right-wing conspirators.  "Who needs proof in the face of such a serious charge?  What matters is not proof but the seriousness of the accusation!"

Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by tpia6: 3:44am On Jan 14, 2011
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by fstranger1: 5:44am On Jan 14, 2011
WHite people die who gives a hoot

I dont

They dont give a shyyt about you, why do you care about them?
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by savanaha: 7:22am On Jan 14, 2011
fstranger1:

WHite people die who gives a hoot

I dont

They dont give a shyyt about you, why do you care about them?

This statement reminds me of Pastor Niemoller's poem with a twist:

First they shot the Jew and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they shot a little white girl and I did not speak out because I was not a little white girl.

Then they shot the white liberal judge and I did not speak out because I was not a white liberal judge.

Then they shot the black person in the wrong place at the right time and there was no one left to speak out for the black person in the wrong person at the right time.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by omofat: 10:36am On Jan 14, 2011
Tayo-D:

@topic,

In what has become another twist to the Tuscon tragedy, a group of DNC Activists who call themselves Liberals for the Restoration of Toning Down the Rhetoric (LRTDR), have now called for a National Boycott of the popular chain store "TARGET".  Speaking through their secretary of media affairs, Mr Baby~Fart, LRTDR said it is unconscionable that any civilized people, group or entity be allowed to use that word in a free society.  According to Mr Baby~Fart, the word "Target" reminds people of the tragedy in Tuscon and could inspire people who may or may not have been inside a Target Store to commit unprecedented attrocities.

Furthermore, the Group insisted that TARGET must be held responsible for any act of cruelty on animals, especially dogs.  According to Mr Baby~Fart, Target Stores' mascot is a dog with a bullseye clearly drawn on the the left eye.   This is no doubt a ploy and a secretly coded message to trigger-happy Tea Partiers to turn these beloved animals into moving targets.  Asked if there is any proof or evidence to support these assertions, Mr Baby~Fart retorted that proofs are only a means of filibuster by the right-wing conspirators.  "Who needs proof in the face of such a serious charge?  What matters is not proof but the seriousness of the accusation!"

Hahaha - This actually got me laughing real hard,  It's me that is Baby~Fart abi?  Nice one, Nice one smiley smiley
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by isalegan2: 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2011

Hahaha - This actually got me laughing real hard,  It's me that is Baby~Fart abi?  Nice one, Nice one smiley smiley

Hehehehe. 

So you are a "Mr"?  Mr. Baby Fart.  Well, I don't know if I can hang with you now, since you are one of the NL boys and not a "Miss" like me.  No Homo.  cheesy

There just is a level of craziness amongst the NL boys not seen in the general population.  (I'm not singling out anyone.  So don't get defensive.  You know you all fight like it's the middle ages.)  Not that there aren't the girl nuts too, but they inhabit a section I rarely frequent.  Watch them curse out their mothers in the more "family-friendly" sections.  The Irony.  You see, I choose to stay mainly in the Politics section.  Blame my background for that.  Why couldn't I have learned something useful like making cute earrings or doing hair - you know - something really worthwhile that actually benefits society.  Not reading about Trotsky Tolstoy Machiavelli and all them dead European philosophers, damn it!

I kid I jest.  Well not about the wasting my time studying (mostly American)Politics part.  I could have been a teacher or a businesswoman.  Never too late to change careers. sad

As far as I can see, the violence at the moment is unidirectional. But then again I'm a leftist troll schooled by Trotsky himself.

hehehe

You see no correlation, that's fine. Me I see it as though the last call the guy made on his cell phone was a collect call to wasilla. Only my point of view ni o.

All right.  I see where you stand.  I could never be a Republican supporter at all.  But I've watched their politics long enough to be weary of the Democrats as well.  I tend to support individuals who demonstrate a backbone.  Sorry, your Obama is full of it!  No kill me ooo!  Hey!  I'll give you one on the other side.  Palin is an easy one, but she's one on my mind right now.  The fake intellectual serious look with the glasses, and that shrill shrieking voice.  Oh, gag her!  grin

P.S. I'm going back to calling you "Fatty."  Unless you're secretly a girl, what do you care.  tongue
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by fstranger1: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2011
isale_gan2:

Hehehehe. 

So you are a "Mr"?  Mr. Baby Fart.  Well, I don't know if I can hang with you now, since you are one of the NL boys and not a "Miss" like me.  No Homo.  cheesy

There just is a level of craziness amongst the NL boys not seen in the general population.  (I'm not singling out anyone.  So don't get defensive.  You know you all fight like it's the middle ages.)  Not that there aren't the girl nuts too, but they inhabit a section I rarely frequent.  Watch them curse out their mothers in the more "family-friendly" sections.  The Irony.  You see, I choose to stay mainly in the Politics section.  Blame my background for that.  Why couldn't I have learned something useful like making cute earrings or doing hair - you know - something really worthwhile that actually benefits society.  Not reading about Trotsky Tolstoy Machiavelli and all them dead European philosophers, damn it!

I kid I jest.  Well not about the wasting my time studying (mostly American)Politics part.  I could have been a teacher or a businesswoman.  Never too late to change careers. sad

hehehe

All right.  I see where you stand.  I could never be a Republican supporter at all.  But I've watched their politics long enough to be weary of the Democrats as well.  I tend to support individuals who demonstrate a backbone.  Sorry, your Obama is full of it!  No kill me ooo!  Hey!  I'll give you one on the other side.  Palin is an easy one, but she's one on my mind right now.  The fake intellectual serious look with the glasses, and that shrill shrieking voice.  Oh, gag her!  grin

P.S. I'm going back to calling you "Fatty."  Unless you're secretly a girl, what do you care.  tongue 

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hLUF0Gshbo?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by isalegan2: 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
Not sure what this means. Yes, I love the song. You better handle the other matter. You know what I'm talking about. Enough said. You've got it all wrong, as usual! sad
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by fstranger1: 2:36pm On Jan 14, 2011
isale_gan2:

Not sure what this means. Yes, I love the song. You better handle the other matter. You know what I'm talking about. Enough said. You've got it all wrong, as usual! sad

What?
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by isalegan2: 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2011
You're going too far, if not already there. Edit and apologize.  And, maa lati mo nkan to n ro lo ri e.  Wo profile mi to ba fe s'alaye. Seriously.  Bye for now.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by fstranger1: 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2011
isale_gan2:

You're going too far, if not already there. Edit and apologize.  And, maa lati mo nkan to n ro lo ri e.  Seriously.  Bye for now.

What?

Edit and apologize? What for

I mean what I say, i say what I mean. i dont mince words.

Kaa soro, Kaa b'abe ni iyi omoluabi.

I am firm in my undertakings, I dont edit and so far I am not convinced that an apology is warranted.

Anyway, have a wonderful and enjoyable Ju'muah

PS: Being of the female gender, going by culture and religion, it is you who should be apologizing to me.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by isalegan2: 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2011
fstranger1:

What?

Edit and apologize?  What for

I mean what I say, i say what I mean. i dont mince words.

Kaa soro, Kaa b'abe ni iyi omoluabi.

I am firm in my undertakings, I dont edit and so far I am not convinced that an apology is warranted.

Anyway, have a wonderful and enjoyable Ju'muah

PS: Being of the female gender, going by culture and religion, it is you who should be apologizing to me.

I am not apologizing to you or any one.

I'm not going to Jumah.  You just jump to conclusions all the time.  Anyway, I'm removing my info. 

And you are going too far.  You do whatever you want.  By the time you change your mind, I mignt not be so forgiving.

What do I have to apologize for?  If I offended you, I removed it  You attack me relentlessly.  Read the last exchange in this very thread.  Unwarranted attacks.  All the time.  Half a dozen times at least you've done that.  Find one time I lost my temper.  Do whatever you want. 

But don't bother to reply if you're going to throw more insults my way.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2011
Fstranger, Seems you have snatched Isalegangan from me.

OK you carry go, Nothing do you.

Akoraye a gbe wa o cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by fstranger1: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Fstranger, Seems you have snatched Isalegangan from me.

She seems like a nice person. i didnt know she was on your rader. Anyway, I think she is now mine, YAY!

I can tell from her posts that she is a nice, caring, gorgeous lady, only fit for handsome, intelligent and extremely virile men like me ( no offeinse).

OK you carry go, Nothing do you.

Thank you very much. I will try not to trespass again.

You can have others!

Akoraye a gbe wa o cheesy  grin grin grin

You ve been doing well, until you mentioned that. I wanna assume that was a slip of tongue and I hope it doesnt happen again.
I am sure you dont want me to pull a mutallab on you, do you?
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by JeSoul(f): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
Tayo-D:

@topic,

In what has become another twist to the Tuscon tragedy, a group of DNC Activists who call themselves Liberals for the Restoration of Toning Down the Rhetoric (LRTDR), have now called for a National Boycott of the popular chain store "TARGET".  Speaking through their secretary of media affairs, Mr Baby~Fart, LRTDR said it is unconscionable that any civilized people, group or entity be allowed to use that word in a free society.  According to Mr Baby~Fart, the word "Target" reminds people of the tragedy in Tuscon and could inspire people who may or may not have been inside a Target Store to commit unprecedented attrocities.

Furthermore, the Group insisted that TARGET must be held responsible for any act of cruelty on animals, especially dogs.  According to Mr Baby~Fart, Target Stores' mascot is a dog with a bullseye clearly drawn on the the left eye.   This is no doubt a ploy and a secretly coded message to trigger-happy Tea Partiers to turn these beloved animals into moving targets.  Asked if there is any proof or evidence to support these assertions, Mr Baby~Fart retorted that proofs are only a means of filibuster by the right-wing conspirators.  "Who needs proof in the face of such a serious charge?  What matters is not proof but the seriousness of the accusation!"

ROTFLOL  grin  grin  grin  This is just too hilarious. It is so well written and delivered that thought it was a genuine article at first until I saw "mr baby~fart" lol. Tayo thanks for the good laugh this morning. I hope the humor & sarcasm is not entirely lost on those who need it most.

Isalegan, you're a very interesting character. lol.  
isale_gan2:

Why couldn't I have learned something useful like making cute earrings or doing hair - you know - something really worthwhile that actually benefits society.  Not reading about Trotsky Tolstoy Machiavelli and all them dead European philosophers, damn it!

hehehe
Lol. I for one could've certainly patronized your hair-making skills.

All right.  I see where you stand.  I could never be a Republican supporter at all.  But I've watched their politics long enough to be weary of the Democrats as well.  I tend to support individuals who demonstrate a backbone.
On that I am with you. I'm not down with the Hillary Clinton's political views . . . but what she has shown me in her tenure as secretary of state has really earned my respect.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by omofat: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2011
JeSoul:

ROTFLOL  grin  grin  grin  This is just too hilarious. It is so well written and delivered that thought it was a genuine article at first until I saw "mr baby~fart" lol. Tayo thanks for the good laugh this morning. I hope the humor & sarcasm is not entirely lost on those who need it most.

JS - Good morning, trust you are doing very well today . . . . 

Imagine o,  Emi ni Baby~Fart,  I'm still laughing from reading the thing. Nice article smiley
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by JeSoul(f): 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2011
Guru morin oh my brother. I am well jare. I hope sunshin is your portion today smiley

Tayo is gifted with words . . . that was truly a hilarious gem of a piece, - sorry it came at your expense cheesy
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by isalegan2: 1:15am On Jan 15, 2011
fstranger1:

See kettle calling the pot black. 

#$%^&*(#@!
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by tpia6: 4:09am On Jan 15, 2011
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by tpia6: 4:10am On Jan 15, 2011
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by thameamead(f): 2:03pm On Jan 15, 2011
omo~fat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVDla_Ax40k

"instead of posting videos in the dead of night" - David Brock kiss

For those of us who have direct access to SP, please send the video above her way.
[/quote

Wow, he was spot on and i wonder why the UK media are not reporting it. apparently the republicans are trying to distance themselves from Ms Palin, her statement was nothing to write home about, she focused the speech on herself and not the victims, she's still got the backing of Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh but am sick to death of the woman, she's so many things she's part-reality Tv Star, a republican disaster/darling, part-pundit for the Murdoch Mafia, part-politician and a member of the Tea Party. am waiting impatiently for the wikileaks files relating to Rupert Murdoch which according to Julian Assange will be hurtful to Fox News, Fox News is out of control.
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by isalegan2: 12:51am On Jan 16, 2011
News for the past few days is that the congresswoman is responding and improving as well as as can be expected in a head/brain injury case.  Below are excerpts of two 5-page articles.  Good read.  Sheds light on police and medical personnel that responded to incident.  It's a good place to end my news updates.  Anyone else can can keep it going.  Hey, Tpia!  smiley

From Bloody Scene to E.R., Life-Saving Choices in Tucson
By DENISE GRADY and JENNIFER MEDINA
Published: January 14, 2011
New York Times

“Lots of people were laying on the ground,” said Mr. Compagno, from Fire Station 30 the in Northwest Fire/Rescue District of Tucson.

“The congresswoman, I could tell that she was still alive. People were giving a little girl CPR. My mind went away. I started counting, and then I thought, ‘What am I counting, injured or dead?’ ”

There were 19 victims. Mr. Compagno’s job was triage: to assess the severity of injuries and label victims so that ambulance crews would know whom to tend to first.

He realized instantly that there was no time to write labels. Ambulances and fire engines were roaring up.

The victims dropped where they stood, forming a row 20 or 30 feet long.

Mr. Compagno could see quickly that five were dead, seven were “immediates,” needing help right away, and the rest could wait.

The child receiving CPR was not responding, but Mr. Compagno was not about to write her off.

“The little girl, I counted her as an immediate,” he said.

Instead of using labels, he simply directed each rescue team to a victim.

The goal was to stabilize them and get them to the hospital as quickly as possible, because people with severe gunshot wounds need trauma surgeons.

The first two patients were ready to go even before the helicopters landed: Nine-year-old Christina-Taylor Green, who had been receiving CPR, and Ms. Giffords were loaded into ambulances.

Ten patients were sent to the trauma center at the University of Arizona medical center. The first to arrive was Christina — still getting CPR, still not responding.

By normal standards, a gunshot victim who is unresponsive after 15 minutes of CPR has almost no hope of surviving and can be declared dead. Christina had already received 20 or 25 minutes, according to a report radioed in.

“This was a 9-year-old girl,” said Dr. Randall S. Friese, 46, a trauma surgeon. “Even though she had CPR beyond our guidelines, I decided to be aggressive.”

Dr. Friese said he could not be certain the radio report was correct. But he could not afford the minutes it would take to verify it.

“You decide, and you do,” he said. “It’s a personal decision, and I decided to be aggressive, just because she was 9.”

He tried a desperate last-ditch maneuver. Within about two minutes, he had cut open her chest, inserted a tube to fill her heart with blood and massaged the heart with his hand to try to start it beating again.

“I had her heart in my hand,” Dr. Friese said. “We filled it with blood. It still didn’t want to beat. So, it was over. We’re finished.”

At that moment, a resident stepped in to tell him a second patient had arrived, assigned to Trauma Room 5: Ms. Giffords. It was the first time Dr. Friese had heard that she was among the victims.

He told the resident assisting him to fill Christina’s heart and try once more to make it start beating again.

By the time he reached Room 5, the resident had tried, and failed. Christina was gone.

The team in Room 5 had already begun assessing Ms. Giffords when Dr. Friese arrived.

“I walked in and held her left hand, held it in both of my hands, and I thought to myself, ‘I need to communicate with her,’ ” he said. “I was uncertain if she would hear me, that she would process my words. It turned out later that she probably did. That was my reward. I leaned in close to her, and I said, ‘Ms. Giffords, you are in a hospital. We are going to take care of you.’ ”

He expected no response. Next, he asked her to squeeze his hand. She did. A few moments later he asked her again, and again she complied. It was cause for hope. But when he tried the same thing with her right hand, there was no response.

More here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/15/us/15medical.html?

-------------------------------------
A Jigsaw Picture of an Accused Killer
By THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: January 15, 2011

Deputy Sheriff Thomas Audetat, a chiseled former Marine with three tours in Iraq to his credit, dug his knee into the gangly young man’s back and cuffed him. With the aid of another deputy, he relieved the heroic civilians of their charge and began searching for weapons other than the Glock semiautomatic pistol, secured nearby under a civilian’s foot, that had just fired 31 rounds.

In the left front pocket, two 15-round magazines. In the right front pocket, a black, four-inch folding knife. “Are there any other weapons on you?” Deputy Audetat recalled demanding.

“Back right pocket.”

But the back right pocket contained no weapons. Instead, in a Ziploc bag, the deputy found about $20 in cash, some change, a credit card and, peeking through the plastic as if proffering a calling card, an Arizona driver’s license for one Jared Lee Loughner, 22.

Deputy Audetat lifted the passive, even relaxed suspect to his feet and led him to the patrol car, where the man twisted himself awkwardly across the back seat, face planted on the floor board. Then he invoked an oddly timed constitutional right. “I plead the Fifth,” Mr. Loughner said, though the deputy had no intention of questioning him. “I plead the Fifth.”

At a Pima County Sheriff’s Department substation, Deputy Audetat guided Mr. Loughner to a tiny interview room with a two-way mirror, directed him to a plastic blue chair and offered him a glass of water. The deputy detected no remorse; nothing.

Now to another building for the mug shot. Look into the camera, the suspect was told. He smiled.

Click.

More here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/us/16loughner.html?_r=1&hp
Re: Usa Congresswoman Shot; Federal Judge Killed; 5 More Dead by isalegan2: 12:52am On Jan 16, 2011
tpia*:

Federal judges in Arizona recused in mass shooting

tpia*:

California federal judge appointed in Arizona shooting case

Typically, you give the state first crack at trying a criminal case like this.  If conflicts arise, then the feds come in and take a shot.  First sending it to U.S. District Court just complicates things needlessly.  The crime happened in Arizona.  They have as competent a judicial system as any in the country - their politically motivated legislators notwithstanding.  And, the last time I checked, Arizona had the death penalty, in case they just want to ensure that.  undecided

JeSoul:

Isalegan, you're a very interesting character. lol.   Lol. I for one could've certainly patronized your hair-making skills.
Oh, you poor misguided thing.  Take a seat and let me do your hair.  We'll hang and chill and gab. . . and then you'll get home and scare everyone including your pet poodle.  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Nurse Says The Bible Forbids Women From Wearing Trousers / Donald Trump Beg Americans To Turn Back To God As He Takes The Lead [pohotos] / See Tim Osman, A CIA Agent Before Transforming To Osama Bin Laden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.