Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

COVID-19: Can A Marriage Be Conducted Online? Legal provision. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / COVID-19: Can A Marriage Be Conducted Online? Legal provision. (287 Views)

All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court / What Will You Do In A Marriage Like Mine? / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Can A Marriage Be Conducted Online? Legal provision. by Treash(m): 8:11am On Apr 28, 2020
Treash:
The law recognizes 3 main venues for marriage in Nigeria.
�Marriage registry.
�A licensed place of worship.
�Any place approved by the Minister of Interior.
See Sect. 13 & 29 of the Matrimonial Causes Act, and Sect. 21 of the Marriage Act.

Therefore, online marriage is not within the cycle of marriage venue as provided for, by the law.

Barr Ayo Adeolu Aderinto.
Re: COVID-19: Can A Marriage Be Conducted Online? Legal provision. by Victorycollins(f): 8:14am On Apr 28, 2020
You'll Be shocked to find out that WhatsApp isn't as boring as it seems.
Click here to find out why

https://regulartvshow./blog/
Thank me later!!
Please, ignore if you're not interested...
Thank you...
Re: COVID-19: Can A Marriage Be Conducted Online? Legal provision. by Spechialone(f): 9:59am On Apr 28, 2020
It can, soon. Everyone just has to have the zoom app and attend from the comfort of their homes.
Don't ask me when...

(1) (Reply)

Make A Face Mask In Less Than 30 Seconds Without A Sewing Machine! / Steps To Breaking Bad Habits And Creating Good Ones / How To Make Your Man Afraid Of Losing You | Powerful Tips That Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.