Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos (47369 Views)

Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Broadcast Contempt Of Court / Miyetti Allah: Ranching Can’t Work FG Should Revive Grazing Reserves For Herders / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa: Buhari Lacks Power To Restrict Movement In Lagos, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Jales93(m): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2020
HermesParis:
Ena don start... Why do we have these kind of set of people in this country/World. Those who sing Hossana are same who shout Crucify Him. What exactly do you want??

They have been movement from 10am to 2pm, you people shout, wail, its not enough. Now he says move from 8 to 6pm, u still cry and whine like babies, am so certain of he said, let there be free movement, some wud still say why do we have to move freely when there is deadly virus out there.

This is to tell you that no matter what you do, people out there will always talk. They will always look for way to bring you down.

I keep saying, you all who are shouting hunger, endlockdown, will be the same people blaming buhari for lifting lockdown when God forbid, the virus spreads and high death rate is being recorded.

Remember this, uneasy is the head that wears the crown. Not all the time you must oppose, and if you want to do, do it objectively.
Exactly. No matter what the President say, people will still fault him. Some people when listening to the speech was paying close attention to his intonation and looking for grammatical errors which they will later use to fault him. All the conditions/ guidelines given by the President is commendable. We all should collectively adhere to the guidelines as its for the good of all the citizens.

3 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by bizzibodi(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2020
Adegboruwa GO & WRITE yur OWN!
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 28, 2020
Abboki:
All this online beggers with multiple bank account number will never acknowledge when someone sends money to them...

They can afford data but can't afford garri.

Lala is my boi
You are funny grin
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 28, 2020
Nigerians adhere to guidelines.
Meanwhile, Start doing your own business from the comfort of your home. No investment capital needed. Check my signature.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by bcbones: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2020
Curfew by 8pm abi... grin nah 3MLB them go start the arrest. If I live on the mainland egbeda to be precise and work at lekki, how do I make it home from 5 or 6pm of closing time.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by 2loadedguy: 10:49am On Apr 28, 2020
deavicky:
it does!!! the virus go to bed by 8:30pm wakes up by 6:30am. Or u think bubu those not know small thing about the virus.
Reading this comment, I have once again confirmed majority of Nigerian graduates are unwise and have zero thinking faculty. The reason for the curfew is to reduce social gatherings that will ultimately reduce the spread of the virus. Are you saying u are not aware bars, pubs and clubs function more at night? Hence a curfew won't allow people go there. I'm just wondering why any reasonable graduate cannot figure this out without being told and will resort to display his foolishness openly by descending on the government with his low IQ.

1 Like

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Bluntemperor: 11:01am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiWailer:
He don start.

The curfew might be necessary to clean and disinfect general places before the next day.

Everything is not about human right, common sense can prevail at times.

Not all businesses would be allowed to open yet.

I am sure Government workers and schools are still closed. The time is also 9 - 6 meaning that no office will expect u to get to the office before 9.

In the speech, Buhari also made it clear that each state will handle their peculiar issues accordingly.

Cut him some slack. At least he did not advise citizens to drink disinfectants like the most powerful man in the world did. (Yes, plenty morons drank it in USA)

What useless economy is the lawyer talking about ? An economy that is practically 100% dependent on oil price will not listen to English or Law terminologies. Even better prepared countries are technically in recession. There is no miracle anybody can perform on Nigeria economy right now.

Things are not yet normal and should be seen that way for now.

Tell us how the assumption you made above could cushions the lack of direction the Lawyer talked about and so uplift the people out of current dungeon.
Tell Nigerians the palliatives released so far is sufficiently enough to cub the greater hunger in the land and at home-since you are now the Humanitarian Minister.Besides,you know how much you have disbursed to your area,local govt and the State.please help to state the amount sent through account Alert.
Tell us that we don't even need it,since the Americans,Europeans,British etc stayed at home just to sleep and watch videos. Yeye they smell!!.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Toks2008(m): 11:03am On Apr 28, 2020
Abboki:
All this online beggers with multiple bank account number will never acknowledge when someone sends money to them...

Lala is my boi

Unfortunately, the bad ones are destroying the credibility of the good ones. So sad
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Toks2008(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2020
2loadedguy:

Reading this comment, I have once again confirmed majority of Nigerian graduates are unwise and have zero thinking faculty. The reason for the curfew is to reduce social gatherings that will ultimately reduce the spread of the virus. Are you saying u are not aware bars, pubs and clubs function more at night? Hence a curfew won't allow people go there. I'm just wondering why any reasonable graduate cannot figure this out without being told and will resort to display his foolishness openly by descending on the government with his low IQ.

We know these already. The question is..is 8 p.m a realistic time in Lagos?
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Bria234: 11:07am On Apr 28, 2020
Confusion indeed. This buhari adminstration is filled with all sort of policies that does not affect the people positively.. look at them .. they want to lift the lock down because of there inability to provide palliative.. shame on this govmt
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by chinochizzy: 11:08am On Apr 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Same question I asked.

What is the point of curfew in Lagos between 8pm-6am?

If that is not daft, then I don’t know what is.

Will the virus hibernate during that time window? How will workers get home? Will the police now start harassing people going home at 9pm?

Questions, questions, questions, without answers from a recorded speech.
The curfew I believe will limit the night life activities in Lagos State, like clubbing, beer parlors etc
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by AntiWailer: 11:09am On Apr 28, 2020
Bluntemperor:

Tell us how the assumption you made above could cushions the lack of direction the Lawyer talked about and so uplift the people out of current dungeon.
Tell Nigerians the palliatives released so far is sufficiently enough to cub the greater hunger in the land and at home-since you are now the Humanitarian Minister.Besides,you know how much you have disbursed to your area,local govt and the State.please help to state the amount sent through account Alert.
Tell us that we don't even need it,since the Americans,Europeans,British etc stayed at home just to sleep and watch videos. Yeye they smell!!.

This is just a rant not relevant to my post.

Nobody owe u anything.

They av allowed u move to go make the money u claim dem no transfer to Ur account.

What else are u ranting about ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by lacade(m): 11:29am On Apr 28, 2020
AntiWailer:
He don start.

The curfew might be necessary to clean and disinfect general places before the next day.

I am sure Government workers and schools are still closed. The time is also 6 - 8 meaning that no office will expect u to get to the office before 8/9.

In the speech, Buhari also made it clear that each state will handle their peculiar issues accordingly.

Cut him some slack. At least he did not advise citizens to drink disinfectants like the most powerful man in the world did. (Yes, plenty morons drank it in USA)

What useless economy is the lawyer talking about ? An economy that is practically 100% dependent on oil price will not listen to English or Law terminologies. Even better prepared countries are technically in recession. There is no miracle anybody can perform on Nigeria economy right now.

Good response, thanks
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Amalekki: 11:33am On Apr 28, 2020
Again, with Nigeria, we the people are the problem.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by Lekan239(m): 11:34am On Apr 28, 2020
Abboki:

Lala is my boi
I'm one of the beggars sir, I'm not doing this with pride but sometimes pride and ego need to be sold in exchange for survival, though I have not received any help from anyone yet on nairaland,but i always have the thought that if I had not do away with pride and ego, will I have survived up till this moment. There are so many people who are facing more severe situation than I am facing but most won't come out to say and they die in silent because of ego and pride. And I'm still open to anybody who is willing to help with the little they have. We will all survive any situation we found our self just by giving the situation what it want from for you to overcome the situation. 0034262156 stanbic bank Hassan olalekan
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by photon3106: 11:37am On Apr 28, 2020
chinochizzy:
The curfew I believe will limit the night life activities in Lagos State, like clubbing, beer parlors etc

You're on point! Though the curfew schedule is not realistic especially considering Lagos residents.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by iswallker(m): 11:41am On Apr 28, 2020
[s]
AntiWailer:
He don start.

I am sure Government workers and schools are still closed. The time is also 6 - 8 meaning that no office will expect u to get to the office before 8/9.

[/s]

Gibberish - what's the road map out of post covid 19 recession - and he gave example of Ghana intends to do in their health sector...

People don't expect miracles but cafesul planning - except Nigerians though - we sit on our asses and sing and pray about prosperity.. undecided undecided
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by aimmoney9: 11:53am On Apr 28, 2020
Read the full address....note no 42..exempt

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by aimmoney9: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Same question I asked.

Will the virus hibernate during that time window? How will workers get home? Will the police now start harassing people going home at 9pm?

The essence is to curb crime, social vices and social gatherings coz datz d tym beer parlour, clubs, brothels, et all....operates
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by olawale1516(m): 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2020
I have been thinking this curfew cant work, imagine the kind of traffic congestion at Lagos me that I do reach house all the time 10:30pm... Even if u closed by 5pm... You enter road by 5pm for that third mainland bridge it a sorry case.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by guy222: 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
Why do we love to condem things in this country without bringing solution. The president made it clear that what he said is just a guildeline, he said every state governor can add to it has they dim fit. He pointly started that selected shops and businesses should be allow to open. What this simply means is that every governor should decide how they want the lock down to be in their respective state. He did not give an order, he only advice state governors to ease the lock down. is either this man can not read and comprehend or he is a pain ass
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by guy222: 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
VaselineCrew:
Same question I asked.

why do you people find it heard to understand. What is the meaning of the world EASE?
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by bamkad(m): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
Pple wake up as early as 4am yo go to where n close from where. Working hours can be reviewed to suit d present directive. Be conscious of the time and stay safe.
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by excessmon(m): 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
Did you listen at all yesterday or u need a recap?
VaselineCrew:
Same question I asked.

Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by guy222: 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2020
bamkad:
Pple wake up as early as 4am yo go to where n close from where. Working hours can be reviewed to suit d present directive. Be conscious of the time and stay safe.
very simple. The president use the world ease, meaning to reduce the lockdown,
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by guy222: 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
Bluntemperor:

if the president decide to lockdown the whole country you people will complain now he has ease the lockdown, you people are still complaining. What do you people want self? The president made it clear that what he said can be taken as a guildeline to state governors, meaning governors can decide hw they wnt the lockdown to be in their state But they should ease it
Re: Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos by ademasta(m): 12:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
bestabigaelever:

I am telling u
I pray nobody should die
Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Has Already Campaigned For Obaseki – Idahosa / Nigerians Visit President Tinubu’s Ikoyi Residence For Xmas Goodies (video) / Ikwerre - Igbo - 22 MISINFORMATION ON IGBOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.