Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

6 Practical Ways To Stop Unwanted Thought While Studying - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Practical Ways To Stop Unwanted Thought While Studying (278 Views)

LASU Lists 15 Unwanted Dressing Styles Among Students On Campus / 6 Practical Ways To Avoid/stop Unwanted Thought While Studying (part 3) / 6 Practical Ways To Avoid/stop Unwanted Thought While Studying (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Practical Ways To Stop Unwanted Thought While Studying by starryadmin: 9:22am On Apr 28, 2020
Sometimes when I sit down to read,
my mind just wanders all the time.
I just think about different things, like food, what I want to tell my friends, my plan after WAEC etc
I'll have to read the same sentences and paragraphs over and over and over again.
‘’What do you think I can do to keep my mind from wandering when I’m studying’’?
This was what Tolani one of our students ask me few days ago.

I know she is not the only one who has experienced this.

According to research 47% of time people are thinking about something other
than what they are currently doing.
This is to show that it’s absolutely normal.

To stop your mind from wandering, wasting of time, and staring at your note
without getting anything out of it, you have to read aloud like you are talking to someone,
or better still talk like you are trying to teach what you are reading to someone in front of you.
This will help you to gradually come back to the consciousness of what you were reading,
and bring back your mind to what you were trying to read .

Another thing you can do to avoid your mind from thinking about different things,
Is to write down your thought both past and future.
You will discover that what usually come to your head while studying
are things you want to do after studying or before studying,
or something you want to tell your sister, brother, friend or even social media.
Why you keep remembering these things is because your mind is trying to prevent you from forgetting something important.

So what you can do is to write down all this thought before you start reading.
Writing down your thought will get your mind off what you are thinking,
and will free up the space in your mind to be able to concentrate on what you are reading.

Let me stop here today so as not too overwhelm you.
I will continue the other practical steps in my next article
I’m sure you will find this tips helpful.

P.S: To know if something really works you have to put it into practice, so put it into practice today.

Get FREE WAEC exam resources (Video Tutorial, Telegram Classes and 30 Days Success Blueprint)
Click here to chat on Whatsapp NOW https:///WAECclass

Need the Complete WAEC video tutorial now?

Call Starry Gold Academy on 08123189141, 09076786154, 08085378906, 07038174484,
08023428420, 07086810335, 08074460975
Or click here to chat with admin on Telegram https:///starrygoldacademy

ExamsNaija

From Starry Gold Academy

Number 1 tuition center with highest exam pass rate at ONE SITTING in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 6 Practical Ways To Stop Unwanted Thought While Studying by Geosystem(m): 9:50am On Apr 28, 2020
Nice thread.
Re: 6 Practical Ways To Stop Unwanted Thought While Studying by suzzyboss(m): 9:59am On Apr 28, 2020
okay ...I hope it works for me
Re: 6 Practical Ways To Stop Unwanted Thought While Studying by mdan(m): 11:59am On Apr 28, 2020
Nice one op but, reading aloud is a big NO for me....you possibly can't read with other people then or even in libraries

(1) (Reply)

Facebook New Reaction: How To Activate It In Just Two Minutes / Nekede Polytechnic Develops Automatic Hand Washer With Dryer / Are You Unemployed? And Broke, Can You Sell At The Motorpark/markets Come In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.