Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? (746 Views)

An Average Home Monthly Expenses: / How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Monogamy: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
Why are average Nigerians an opportunist?.. They only remember you when they need something from you and the moment they got it they won't even bother to reply you again.

Same people that you have been helping in the past, the moment you declined their request, you are automatically an enemy..

How can someone be requesting for an help and be putting the words ' Just ' , if it's just, why don't you have it?

This out self of entitlement is drawing us backward

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by kalufelix(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
Everybody be criminal..If you be chairman na you dey on top ..
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by FivePeas: 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
kalufelix:
Everybody be criminal..If you be chairman na you dey on top ..

Smh
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
the Nigerian man is very smart but equally very LAZY, CUNNING and very SELFISH... always looking to cut corners and find ways to outsmart others., which is a direct result of the country's harsh environment.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by ibkayee(f): 9:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
I think the average person has these qualities, it's just amplified with Nigerians given the country's average living circumstances and the fact that you're probably around them more
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Belafonte(m): 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
ibkayee:
I think the average person has these qualities, it's just amplified with Nigerians given the country's average living circumstances and the fact that you're probably around them more

Hello Ibk, what happened to that scary friend of yours whose picture you used? grin
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by ibkayee(f): 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
Belafonte:

Hello Ibk, what happened to that scary friend of yours whose picture you used? grin
Lol she's on a break I guess
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Belafonte(m): 9:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
ibkayee:

Lol she's on a break I guess

If she’s single, I gotta friend for her grin
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by ibkayee(f): 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2020
Belafonte:

If she’s single, I gotta friend for her grin
Lol joker
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Belafonte(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
ibkayee:

Lol joker

I’m being serious here angry
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by ibkayee(f): 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
Belafonte:

I’m being serious here angry
Haha she's not single
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Belafonte(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
ibkayee:

Haha she's not single

Lol. Okay. What about you? Are you single? Remember all liars will go to hell. angry grin
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by ibkayee(f): 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2020
Belafonte:

Lol. Okay. What about you? Are you single? Remember all liars will go to hell. angry grin
No I'm not cheesy
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Belafonte(m): 9:48pm On Apr 28, 2020
ibkayee:

No I'm not cheesy

I don’t believe you, Ibk. Prove it angry
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by ibkayee(f): 9:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Belafonte:

I don’t believe you, Ibk. Prove it angry
Lol bye this guy cheesy
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Belafonte(m): 9:51pm On Apr 28, 2020
ibkayee:

Lol bye this guy cheesy

Lai lai o. You must prove it before I free you kiss
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by karli4nia(m): 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
Belafonte:

Bros leave her alone na..She aint single, She is my betrothed.
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by ibkayee(f): 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
Belafonte:

Lol ok, I 'promise' I'm not
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by karli4nia(m): 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
Belafonte:

Belafonte.. Free this maiden and don't let me send you on a compulsory vaccation.. cheesy
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Belafonte(m): 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
karli4nia:

Bros leave her alone na..She aint single, She is my betrothed.

Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Belafonte(m): 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2020
ibkayee:

Lol ok, I 'promise' I'm not

We’ll revisit this.
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by Belafonte(m): 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
karli4nia:

Belafonte.. Free this maiden and don't let me send you on a compulsory vaccation.. cheesy

Smh
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by ibkayee(f): 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2020
Belafonte:

We’ll revisit this.
Lol smh
Re: Why Are Average Nigerians An Opportunist? by mrblessed(m): 8:01am On Apr 29, 2020
I completely agree that an average Nigerian is a congenital opportunist. The way we rationalise issues that secure our interests without recourse to religious or ethical principles is dreadfully astounding. The average Nigerian is bound to become soulless, cold, indifference, preposterous, and highly calculating if he is to make profit from a situation, without giving a hoot to the wider implications of his actions.

However, you seemed to have a little misunderstanding of the meaning of the word "opportunist." It doesn't mean someone who easily forgets his/her helper/benefactor in difficult moments, it simply means the untrammeled disposition to make gains, or gaining advantage, power, etc from any and every situation. The word that is nearest to "opportunist," in my limited knowledge and understanding of the English language, is "Ingrate." It means someone who doesn't appreciate assistance received from people -- an ungrateful person. Such a person is likely to suffer memory loss or amnesia. Perhaps that is why an English proverb says an "Ingrate is a robber in disguise."

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wife Gets To Inherit The Estate Of The Husband She Killed!!!!!! / Roadmap To Achieving A Permanent Residence In Germany / Have You Seen A Mother That Wishes Her Son Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.