Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? (38428 Views)

Six Ways To Escape Poverty. / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? / Six Ways Men Can Escape Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Supreme145(m): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
Good day folks, I have been a visitor on nairaland for a while now so far I have really learnt a lot from here, I had to register so as to share my worries here because I know that I can get useful contributions. Please ignore my grammatical blunders,I'm not really good at writing.

I graduated from secondary school in 2010 at the age of 18 and 10 years later I seem to be moving around in circles. After secondary school I was given two options of going to the university or doing business, I chose business without thinking twice I needed money so school can wait.

Two of my uncles raised the sum of 150,000 for me after I was done learning a trade with the condition that I will pay back at the end of the year without interest. Then the ports were closed so I would travel to cotonu to buy male jeans and sold in Nigeria in wholesale. Business was moving well, I tripled my capital that same year by the age of 20 I had already counted my first million, I felt on top of the world, I spent on my family helped in paying house rent and my siblings school fees (I'm the first child), then tragedy struck.

After the second year my uncle whom I was staying with and contributed majority of my capital asked for an account of how I had been running the business which I gave him, I had already returned the other uncle's money by then. After the audit my uncle said he's going to add another money to my capital then after four years he would settle me, I refused citing that apprenticeship wasn't our agreement initially, the mother caused a big issue to the extent it had to be settled in the village. I had to leave my uncle's house to my parents since we couldn't reach a compromise, as for his capital over the years I had borrowed him money on several occasions which was already more than what he gave me as my capital, I forgot the balance and left.

Three months after I left my uncle, my goods was intercepted by customs in Benin, my agent which coincidentally happened to be that my uncle put my goods ( and that of others) in a vehicle carrying second hand tyres from Lagos to the east and everything in the vehicle was confiscated. We spent 5months trying to get the goods back spending the remaining savings I had, it was released after six months but most of the goods was either stolen or sold by customs, I got only around 10% of my seized goods back. I was back to square one.

After all my attempts to raise another capital proved abortive I gave up and started doing menial jobs to survive,my mom would always encourage me that I'm still young and would rise again. Two years after nothing tangible was fort coming, I was dead broke and depressed, I started feeling pressure at home when I couldn't bear it I relocated to port Harcourt in search of greener pastures. I slept in parks and slums till I managed to get a security job with a 15k salary then,I worked for some years and discovered that I wasn't making any progress in life,I wasn't saving anything and was still stagnant. I decided to venture into education, even though it wasn't my first choice at least I would have a certificate to be proud of after some years.

I got admission in the federal university in Benue in 2017 at the age of 25 to study statistics/computer science (bsc ed) it wasn't my choice but time was not on my side , most of my mates then had graduated and even working. My year one was hell, I resumed school with just my bag of cloths, no accommodation nor food stuffs, I slept in lecture halls and sometimes went for lectures without bathing,one time I called my dad and he said if I can't bear it I should abandon the school and come back,I later managed to get someone to squat me in the hostel, I got home during nuga break to meet the news that my dad just bought a land,so this man had money to buy land and allowed me to suffer in school ( he mind sha ).

Fast forward 3 years later and I'm stuck in 300 level not knowing what to do with my life,just being in school is not enough for me, I need to earn money because I became independent at a young age and depending on my parents now is serious giving me a cause for concern. I stayed back in school during the lockdown so I could think about my life, after reading some threads on nairaland I decided to go into programming since I had a semi abacus laptop on it's last legs,I got links to free courses on udemy and also enrolled for free courses on Alison and pirple.

Learning programming brought my joy back,I loved the critical thinking involved and realized I hated it before because of the way it was taught by our lecturers,I started with web development (HTML and CSS) and I observed I was grabbing it quit fast. Data was a problem but I managed the mid night subscription each time I manage to get airtime. I was happy once more cause I could code for hours on an empty stomach and I wouldn't care then tragedy struck again.

My system developed a fault, vertical lines appeared on the screen and it started having difficulty in booting,it finally gave up the ghost a few days later. I tried to improvise by using my phone to code but it was a horrible experience and I gave up. back to square one again,I had to go home and I haven't gotten myself ever since.

How do I break free from this poverty since I came back I have looked for job without luck, I haven't earned a dime since this year since I parted ways with my boss whom I learnt interlocking and concrete stamping under,the man was using me like a slave. Motivational speakers would say there's light at the end of the tunnel but mine looks like a maze/roundabout tunnel. I got home and yahoo is the trending stuff in the area even my younger ones has joined, my younger brother nearly picked 7million before the aza was killed in the dying minute (whatever he means by that), I seem to be the only one among my set that's still broke, I can't even remember the last time I got anything for my self, now I wear my younger brothers cloths and they recharge my phone for me,how long will I continue like this?? ..... I don't want to follow the yahoo band wagon, I'm beginning to lose hope.

Pls I need your comments and advice

175 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Imiete(m): 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
Guy my own worst pass your own
Is like them curse me sef, after sec school I never get anything good apart from second hand tecno k7, na only 2 clothes,two short Nika and one trouser I dey manage.

Me don give up, na village I dey now dey cultivate cassava dey fry garri dey sell.
But my story no mean say mke you give up.
Me I don tire na why I choose dis village life

324 Likes 26 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Nairalandmonika: 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2020
You are not alone though, I will advise to still return to school after lockdown, u are in 300level, just two yrs and u r done. At least u know u have a certificate.

As for the yahoo ehn, that one is not easy especially when everywhere u go u see them. U that refuse to do they look u like a fool. I have a friend that got into it some yrs back, he told me to join him, I thought about it but decided not to be too desperate. My friend is now a big boy now own a house n car n I still dey here thinking of my life.

For Yahoo, honestly, the choice is urs. But if u really don't want to do Yahoo, u can borrow money from ur Younger bro since they seem to have money. Use the money to start a business while waiting for school to resume. U should also continue the business while in school.
Leaning a skill is also Paramount.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Nairalandmonika: 4:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
Imiete:
Is like them curse me sef, after sec school I never get anything good apart from second hand tecno k7, na only 2 clothes,two short Nika and one trouser I dey manage.

Me don give up, na village I dey now dey cultivate cassava dey fry garri dey sell.
Is cassava not lucrative?

Maybe u should try increasing the scale of ur cassava business, also learn a skill join ur business.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by rasheedatt(f): 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
Seriously things are getting out of hand we are starving here

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by fykes(m): 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
Brothers... The question is when u look at urself and visualise ur future, what do u see?
What are dreams u want most,
What visions for ur family, ur community, ur parents, for urself do u see?
U see there's something stronger than your reality, infact it creates ur reality. That is the force of faith.
Do u still have hope for something? Do u still believe in something? These things are the important issues of life... Remember, one phone call, one chance meeting, one being at a right place can turn u into a millionaire.
Wealth is not often worked for... It's a gift to them that believe.life Is not about what can see with ur eyes, it's about what u can see with ur mind.

283 Likes 35 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Oldoinyolengai(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
But what is it with firstborns?

Since the beginning of the time to the present na predicaments everywhere.....OP continue to hold on.

Pray with faith and always focus on your goals.... one day obstacles will surrender to your strength.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Acidosis(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
I think the problems started when you choose business over tertiary education at the age of 18 because of money.

Again, at 25, you still feel you have failed and somehow you feel that everyone is better because of money.

Truth is, you will ALWAYS feel this way for as long as MONEY remains your alpha and omega. You obviously don't believe in growth and the saying that there's time for everything.

N1m in the hands of a 25 year old man with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science is more valuable than N1m in the hands of an 18 year old boy.

Going back to school after you have lost over a million naira and waiting to graduate and earn N18k NYSC alawee will always demotivate you. Right now, it will take a special grace and endurance for you to finish your education especially now that you're surrounded by money conscious friends and your yahoo yahoo younger brother.

262 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Imiete(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Is cassava not lucrative?

Maybe u should try increasing the scale of ur cassava business, also learn a skill join ur business.
Guy, e sweet as you talk am o
But I wish u where in my shoes
Life nor easy

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Nairalandmonika: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Imiete:
Guy, e sweet as you talk am o
But I wish u where in my shoes
Life nor easy
Of course sha, e nor easy.

Am planning on going into cassava business myself that why am asking.

10 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by jesmond3945: 4:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
Imiete:

I understand your pains brother. If orji uzor kalu was to come to your market, will you leave your shop to go and hail him?

12 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by mariahAngel(f): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
How about going back to that your uncle who wanted to help you and apologize to him.
You were young and in a hurry to start living the life, you made the wrong decision.

When you make a mistake(s) in your life, you retrace your steps to know where you got it wrong and correct it/them.

Did you act ungrateful?
Go back to him and make amends. Even if it means I gba oso ahia .
There's still time for you.

36 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Supreme145(m): 4:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
Acidosis:
I think the problems started when you choose business over tertiary education at the age of 18 because of money.

Again, at 25, you still feel you have failed and somehow you feel that everyone is better because of money.

Truth is, you will ALWAYS feel this way for as long as MONEY remains your alpha and omega. You obviously don't believe in growth and the saying that there's time for everything.

N1m in the hands of a 25 year old man with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science is more valuable than N1m in the hands of an 18 year old boy.

Going back to school after you have lost over a million naira and waiting to graduate and earn N18k NYSC alawee will always demotivate you. Right now, it will take a special grace and endurance for you to finish your education especially now that you're surrounded by money conscious friends and your yahoo yahoo younger brother.

I think you gat me there bro,but dropping out of school is never an option....I have decided to let things happen naturally, my do and die warfare towards prosperity haven't gotten me anywhere

33 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by SirWhiteFish: 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2020
We all have a story. A story far deeper than yours.

In Nigeria, to survive that chain of poverty, you need God and luck. After that, I don't even know what else

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Supreme145(m): 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
But what is it with firstborns? cry

Since the beginning of the time to the present na fruitless struggles.....OP continue to hold on.

Pray with faith and always focus on your goals.... one day obstacles will surrender to your strength.

Thanks a lot bro

3 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by fykes(m): 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
mariahAngel:
How about going back to that your uncle who wanted to help you and apologize to him.
You were young and in a hurry to start living the life, you made the wrong decision.
When you make a mistake(s) in your life, you retrace your steps to know where you got it wrong and correct it/them.
Did you act ungrateful?
Go back to him and make amends. Even if it means I gba oso ahia .
There's still time for you.
This is a good advice... I once had issues with my wealthy relative while working for him.. I left bcoz I wanted to pursue a masters & d work na everyday til Saturday. He was seeing me as ungrateful... Yeah I didn't get more money after I left, I did become better as a person, more matured and focused after I left the job, but sometime I went back to apologize for resigning even though I won't take back the job for anything.
He was happy that I realised that I hurt him, we still chat on whatsapp, hes more interested in my life and progress than when I worked for him, I am happier and relieved that I apologised

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Acidosis(m): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2020
Supreme145:

I think you gat me there bro,but dropping out of school is never an option....I have decided to let things happen naturally, my do and die warfare towards prosperity haven't gotten me anywhere

Good one. I like the fact that you're determined to prosper however focus on growth and development as much as you need the money. At 25, you still have a lot of learning to do.

12 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by mariahAngel(f): 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
fykes:

This is a good advice... I once had issues with my wealthy relative while working for him.. I left bcoz I wanted to pursue a masters & d work na everyday til Saturday. He was seeing me as ungrateful... Yeah I didn't get more money after I left, I did become better as a person, more matured and focused after I left the job, but sometime I went back to apologize for resigning even though I won't take back the job for anything.
He was happy that I realised that I hurt him, we still chat on whatsapp, hes more interested in my life and progress than when I worked for him, I am happier and relieved that I apologised

Yeah. I believe things may begin to work out for him again when he does.

By the way, I'm sorry for insulting you on that other thread, but next time, please try not to generalize to avoid offending a lot of people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Imiete(m): 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
jesmond3945:
I understand your pains brother. If orji uzor kalu was to come to your market, will you leave your shop to go and hail him?
I nor even know who bi oji uzor kalu
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by fykes(m): 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
mariahAngel:

Yeah. I believe things may begin to work out for him again when he does.

By the way, I'm sorry for insulting you on that other thread, but next time, please try not to generalize to avoid offending a lot of people.
Wow.. I didn't notice... I hardly take comments here serious...
Every mallam with his kettle o

7 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Supreme145(m): 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2020
Acidosis:

Good one. I like the fact that you're determined to prosper however focus on growth and development as much as you need the money. At 25, you still have a lot of learning to do.

Its actually 27 not 25
Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by mariahAngel(f): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
fykes:

Wow.. I didn't notice... I hardly take comments here serious...
Every mallam with his kettle o

Well, I noticed because I hardly insult people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by fykes(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
Op lemme give u a little advice that works for me. I have come to see life as a circle.... Whatever u are going through now, someone else has gone through it and won... Another has gone through it and gave up. U are making a known journey, d destination however is ur choice.
My advice.... I am a God fearing man, and I see u trust in making an Honest living so my secret is use ur night seasons.
It always works for me... Whenever u need doors to open, opportunity and destiny helpers, task ur nights. U see that time between 12midnight and 4am... Sacrifice it to God in prayer, cry if u get tired of praying wholeheartedly.
It won't be long, u will sleep well.

196 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by emmaodet: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
Imiete:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by frozen70(f): 11:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
Supreme145:
Good day folks,I have been a visitor on nairaland for a while now so far I have really learnt a lot from here,I had to register so as to share my worries here because I know that I can get useful contributions. Please ignore my grammatical blunders,I'm not really good at writing.

I graduated from secondary school in 2010 at the age of 18 and 10 years later I seem to be moving around in circles. After secondary school I was given two options of going to the university or doing business, I chose business without thinking twice I needed money so school can wait.
Two of my uncles raised the sum of 150,000 for me after I was done learning a trade with the condition that I will pay back at the end of the year without interest. Then the ports were closed so I would travel to cotonu to buy male jeans and sold in Nigeria in wholesale. Business was moving well,I tripled my capital that same year by the age of 20 I had already counted my first million,I felt on top of the world,I spent on my family helped in paying house rent and my siblings school fees(I'm the first child),then tragedy struck.

After the second year my uncle whom I was staying with and contributed majority of my capital asked for an account of how I had been running the business which I gave him,I had already returned the other uncle's money by then. After the audit my uncle said he's going to add another money to my capital then after four years he would settle me,I refused citing that apprenticeship wasn't our agreement initially, the mother caused a big issue to the extent it had to be settled in the village. I had to leave my uncle's house to my parents since we couldn't reach a compromise, as for his capital over the years I had borrowed him money on several occasions which was already more than what he gave me as my capital, I forgot the balance and left.

Three months after I left my uncle, my goods was intercepted by customs in Benin, my agent which coincidentally happened to be that my uncle put my goods ( and that of others) in a vehicle carrying second hand tyres from Lagos to the east and everything in the vehicle was confiscated. We spent 5months trying to get the goods back spending the remaining savings I had,it was released after six months but most of the goods was either stolen or sold by customs, I got only around 10% of my seized goods back. I was back to square one.

After all my attempts to raise another capital proved abortive I gave up and started doing menial jobs to survive,my mom would always encourage me that I'm still young and would rise again. Two years after nothing tangible was fort coming, I was dead broke and depressed, I started feeling pressure at home when I couldn't bear it I relocated to port Harcourt in search of greener pastures. I slept in parks and slums till I managed to get a security job with a 15k salary then,I worked for some years and discovered that I wasn't making any progress in life,I wasn't saving anything and was still stagnant. I decided to venture into education, even though it wasn't my first choice at least I would have a certificate to be proud of after some years.

I got admission in the federal university in Benue in 2017 at the age of 25 to study statistics/computer science (bsc ed) it wasn't my choice but time was not on my side , most of my mates then had graduated and even working. My year one was hell, I resumed school with just my bag of cloths, no accommodation nor food stuffs, I slept in lecture halls and sometimes went for lectures without bathing,one time I called my dad and he said if I can't bear it I should abandon the school and come back,I later managed to get someone to squat me in the hostel, I got home during nuga break to meet the news that my dad just bought a land,so this man had money to buy land and allowed me to suffer in school ( he mind sha ).

Fast forward 3 years later and I'm stuck in 300 level not knowing what to do with my life,just being in school is not enough for me, I need to earn money because I became independent at a young age and depending on my parents now is serious giving me a cause for concern. I stayed back in school during the lockdown so I could think about my life, after reading some threads on nairaland I decided to go into programming since I had a semi abacus laptop on it's last legs,I got links to free courses on udemy and also enrolled for free courses on Alison and pirple.

Learning programming brought my joy back,I loved the critical thinking involved and realized I hated it before because of the way it was taught by our lecturers,I started with web development (HTML and CSS) and I observed I was grabbing it quit fast. Data was a problem but I managed the mid night subscription each time I manage to get airtime. I was happy once more cause I could code for hours on an empty stomach and I wouldn't care then tragedy struck again.

My system developed a fault, vertical lines appeared on the screen and it started having difficulty in booting,it finally gave up the ghost a few days later. I tried to improvise by using my phone to code but it was a horrible experience and I gave up. back to square one again,I had to go home and I haven't gotten myself ever since.

How do I break free from this poverty since I came back I have looked for job without luck, I haven't earned a dime since this year since I parted ways with my boss whom I learnt interlocking and concrete stamping under,the man was using me like a slave. Motivational speakers would say there's light at the end of the tunnel but mine looks like a maze/roundabout tunnel. I got home and yahoo is the trending stuff in the area even my younger ones has joined, my younger brother nearly picked 7million before the aza was killed in the dying minute (whatever he means by that), I seem to be the only one among my set that's still broke, I can't even remember the last time I got anything for my self, now I wear my younger brothers cloths and they recharge my phone for me,how long will I continue like this?? ..... I don't want to follow the yahoo band wagon, I'm beginning to lose hope.

Pls I need your comments and advice

This is too lengthy, but the key to stay away from poverty is to get some thing doing and stay away from laziness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by DontBullshitMe: 5:04am On Aug 11, 2020
Try to get a teaching job or that security job you did at some point, then save aggressively to raise capital to restart your business if it is not saturated already.

Or

Stay dedicated to your programming skills and get certified in some ICT schools alongside your Csc/Stats degree. You will be unstoppable.

Supreme145.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2020
Keep on trying don't give up. Rome wasn't built in a day. Your case isn't the worst. Pray and trust God for an open door.

8 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by ThothHermes: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2020
fykes:
Op lemme give u a little advice that works for me. I have come to see life as a circle.... Whatever u are going through now, someone else has gone through it and won... Another has gone through it and gave up. U are making a known journey, d destination however is ur choice.
My advice.... I am a God fearing man, and I see u trust in making an Honest living so my secret is use ur night seasons.
It always works for me... Whenever u need doors to open, opportunity and destiny helpers, task ur nights. U see that time between 12midnight and 4am... Sacrifice it to God in prayer, cry if u get tired of praying wholeheartedly.
It won't be long, u will sleep well.
Hmmmm...
This will be underrated but it's very heavy.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by TransAtlanticEx(m): 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2020
Smuggling business and its tribulations.
The thing don frustrate many men sha!
If you go Aba meet people weh tell you wetin this thing don do them ehn,you go cry cry
But where you failed is;
1)Giving your goods to agents to load for you.Really nigga? undecided
Upon say you never get money,you dey give agent goods.Feeling like a boss already untop nothing undecided
Imagine if you load your goods yourself,would you have put it in a truck carrying full contraband or put under big luxury bus carriage?
2)Any goods that waka sotey and enter custom yard,forget about it.You will be a very big fool to spend any money to retrieve it because they must have stolen almost everything before it is released to you.Every negotiation with customs should end on the road and settled immediately and not allowed to enter dock yard,else e don be for you undecided
But how would you have settled it,when you(his royal highness) is at home with his legs crossed on the table smoking cigar and drinking champagne,waiting for his agent to bring his imaginary goods home undecided
3)Smugglers never quit!
You lose big today,you lose even bigger tomorrow and next and you cash out on the subsequent!
That is the mindset of a great trafficker,not to start crying foul and wasting money at hand for a lost cause such as retrieving seized goods from customs.
That money you spent should have been used to start over again on a smaller scale.
When you do all these and beat all odds and grow,that time you will be the one to control customs.
Go back to your business if you can and forget school,it is the biggest nonsense I have ever seen in my life,especially for poor children like us.
Even the yahoo weh you dey talk sef is not guaranteed,I get guys weh never pick since them start.
If you get sense better find your way back to smuggling,afterall it is what you already know.
Goodluck!

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by mariahAngel(f): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Smuggling business and its tribulations.
The thing don frustrate many men sha!
If you go Aba meet people weh tell you wetin this thing don do them ehn,you go cry cry
But where you failed is;
1)Giving your goods to agents to load for you.Really nigga? undecided
Upon say you never get money,you dey give agent goods.Feeling like a boss already untop nothing undecided
Imagine if you load your goods yourself,would you have put it in a truck carrying full contraband or put under big luxury bus carriage?
2)Any goods that waka sotey and enter custom yard,forget about it.You will be a very big fool to spend any money to retrieve it because they must have stolen almost everything before it is released to you.Every negotiation with customs should end on the road and settled immediately and not allowed to enter dock yard,else e don be for you undecided
But how would you have settled it,when you(his royal highness) is at home with his legs crossed on the table smoking cigar and drinking champagne,waiting for his agent to bring his imaginary goods home undecided
3)Smugglers never quit!
You lose big today,you lose even bigger tomorrow and next and you cash out on the subsequent!
That is the mindset of a great trafficker,not to start crying foul and wasting money at hand for a lost cause such as retrieving seized goods from customs.
That money you spent should have been used to start over again on a smaller scale.
When you do all these and beat all odds and grow,that time you will be the one to control customs.
Go back to your business if you can and forget school,it is the biggest nonsense I have ever seen in my life,especially for poor children like us.
Even the yahoo weh you dey talk sef is not guaranteed,I get guys weh never pick since them start.
If you get sense better find your way back to smuggling,afterall it is what you already know.
Goodluck!

Hook the guy up na?

2 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by TransAtlanticEx(m): 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2020
mariahAngel:

Hook the guy up na?
Na so them dey just hook person up? undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Does An Average Nigerian Youth Escape Poverty? by mariahAngel(f): 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
Na so them dey just hook person up? undecided

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

So e go hard you abi? Wetin dey there self?
No be you been talk for that other thread say una dey help una self?
Dis guy na Anambra guy na?

Logo, hookuo nwanna up, onweghi ihe nu naya

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Help My Tribal Brother Has 8 Kids And The Wife Is Heavily Pregnant. / Man Died Of Heart Attack After His Wife Confessed To Him That She Cheated / I Had Put An End To My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.