Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week (7951 Views)

Poll: If you were in her shoes would you rather terminate your career for marriage or vice-versa

Yes: 33% (23 votes)
No: 40% (28 votes)
Probably: 26% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Dakore Akande Looks Fab In Ankara Prints Embellished Dress / Dakore Egbuson Akande Shows Off Her Family For The First Time(photos) / Pictures From Olumide Akande And Dakore Egbuson's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by MissyB3(f): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2011
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L2Rha29yZS1lZ2J1c29uLWFuZC1vbHVtaWRlLWFrYW5kZS5qcGd8NjAw[/img]

BARING a last minute change of heart by Dakore, the wife-to-be may have waved the movie industry bye-bye as her father-in-law, Harry Akande, has got the actress to promise the family not to act again. “As long as she’s married to my son,” R source quoted the billionaire businessman and politician.

For long, the businessman never approved of the four year relationship between his only son, Olumide Akande and the actress, afraid that a scandal could break if she continues acting, thereby tarnishing the image of the family.

“He never had anything against the lady, he was just worried she might be scandalised in the future’’, added the man who was privy to information from the Atlanta meeting in November.

The man, however, needs not fear again as the actress promised not to do anything to tarnish the image of the Akandes, just as she agreed to stop acting.

Dakore said this much in United States during the couples introduction. It was a full house and right before the many eyes, the groom-to-be asked the actress’ hands in marriage on his knees.
The fairy tale wedding will take place in Lagos next weekend.

For a while now, the actress has not appeared in any movie.

Question of the day:

If you were in her shoes would you rather stop your career for marriage or vice-versa? Please, vote.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by MissyB3(f): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2011
There's something I don't like about this . . . .I can't figure it out yet.  undecided
I'll be back to comment, lemme hear your opinion first.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by iha8whackm: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2011
Darey's The Way You Are and Bani Kidi actually playing it on repeat! God i love this jamz go here, You can watch and subscribe to his videopage on youtube too on http://youtube.com/dareyonline Follow him on twitter @darey and join his facebook fanpage http://facebook.com/darey

Cheers====±
dareyonline.com/blog

Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2011
she cant loose billionaire son for thousands she gets in movies
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Outstrip(f): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2011
toba:

Is she marrying for the money. I personally think that she should not have let the family decide for her. She is a good actress and she is made for TV. I can only wish her well. I really like her.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by bleedinluv: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2011
[color=#770077][/color][b][/b] things we do for love, quest is wat is the guy sacrificing? or is it just a one-way relationship
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by MissyB3(f): 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2011
Outstrip:

I personally think that she should not have let the family decide for her.
!!!
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Kunbee: 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2011
If that is the reason for not acting again, then am disappointed
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by ifyalways(f): 9:29am On Jan 10, 2011
I so love Daky . . . wish her the best.  kiss
As an outsider,Im a lil'bit uncomfy with the FIL's statement but Im not Daky . . .I believe she has weighed her options and made the best choice for herself.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by violent(m): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2011
Those of you disappointed that she's leaving acting for marriage should get a real life, i wonder if it will make any of you feel better if she had chosen otherwise!
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by LA2(m): 11:57am On Jan 10, 2011
Sad. She's actually not that bad as an actress. But hey, she loves her man so she's decided to choose him over her career. Let's just hope neither of them end up with regrets.
A toast to the soon to be happy couple.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2011
what bullsheet

basically they are saying we don't want no independent women in our family, you must live on our handouts

where do they get off on all this 'tarnishing the image of the family' sheet

most of these so called society families kids do enough tarnishing on their own what with their drug use, sexual dalliances , alcoholism etc.

nonsense

the son must not be his own man if he is standing for this nonsense.

she better leave the glitter imho.

plenty of fish in the ocean
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Teminio: 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2011
No other opinion counts here as much as Dakore's. It is her life and I believe she must have weigh the options and decided what is best for her.

All the best girl! You've made your mark!
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by VALIDATOR: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2011
Missy ★ B:

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L2Rha29yZS1lZ2J1c29uLWFuZC1vbHVtaWRlLWFrYW5kZS5qcGd8NjAw[/img]

BARING a last minute change of heart by Dakore, the wife-to-be may have waved the movie industry bye-bye as her father-in-law, Harry Akande, has got the actress to promise the family not to act again. “As long as she’s married to my son,” R source quoted the billionaire businessman and politician.

For long, the businessman never approved of the four year relationship between his only son, Olumide Akande and the actress, afraid that a scandal could break if she continues acting, thereby tarnishing the image of the family.

“He never had anything against the lady, he was just worried she might be scandalised in the future’’, added the man who was privy to information from the Atlanta meeting in November.

The man, however, needs not fear again as the actress promised not to do anything to tarnish the image of the Akandes, just as she agreed to stop acting.

Dakore said this much in United States during the couples introduction. It was a full house and right before the many eyes, the groom-to-be asked the actress’ hands in marriage on his knees.
The fairy tale wedding will take place in Lagos next weekend.

For a while now, the actress has not appeared in any movie.

Question of the day:

If you were in her shoes would you rather stop your career for marriage or vice-versa? Please, vote.

The bond people feel for their religion is much stronger than what they feel for their career. Yet people have said bye bye to their religion for the sake of a happy,tension free marriage. It's no big deal. It has long been the way to a happy marriage. You've got to let go of something you value so much.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by oludashmi(f): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2011
Outstrip:

Is she marrying for the money. I personally think that she should not have let the family decide for her. She is a good actress and she is made for TV. I can only wish her well. I really like her.

ans to the boldened is below
toba:

Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Jenifa1: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2011
like ppl already said, i'm sure she thought hard about it before making her decision. and she did what she deemed best for herself.
who knows, she might have other plans. ie going into the fashion world etc.

to answer the question about if I were in her shoes: that's a tough call. I don't think I can put myself in her shoes until i've heard her story.

but yea, ppl sacrifice their careers for marriage life all the time. especially women. kinda sad but it's life.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by donkennyakademy(m): 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2011
my prophesy. The estract aggreement wil not last morethan 3years and she will comeback to acting. Thus says the Lord Spiritual.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Intrepid1(m): 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2011
Do we give a piss?
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by richidinho(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2011
mind ur business
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by sley4life(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2011
this thread is meant for ladies. No poll 4 me
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by faramola: 1:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
Well apparently some people do not know what happiness and fullfillment means, most hard choices are taken cos we seek some inner peace and happiness >> am sure thats what Dakore has found>> she,s a smart babe and i'll believe in her judgement. I wish her all the best in her marriage.
But by the side >>> its better to find a man dat supports ur passion or career>> and if u dont find support in ur career by ur man u can choose love over career and find something else to do.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by hackney(m): 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2011
That's simply the way rich ppl behave in nigeria; period.
It doesnt matter how good dakore is in what she absolutely loves doing; they will just say to her: "no more acting" but they will
rent movies to ogle meegan fox. retards.
They try to dictate the lives of everyone around and its either you live with it or you say: f.uc.k off! and scram.

Its a very african thing.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by lizzybabe1(f): 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2011
Women do it all the time and it's not necessarily because the guy is a billionaire or whatever. Did Regina Askia not give up acting too? Is her husband a billionaire? And Victoria Inyama. And many others like that.

Although to answer your question, it's a No for me. It's not something I would do. I don't like my Mother's experience with regards to giving up her career for her man.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by MissyB3(f): 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2011
lizzybabe1:

Women do it all the time and it's not necessarily because the guy is a billionaire or whatever. Did Regina Askia not give up acting too? Is her husband a billionaire? And Victoria Inyama. And many others like that.
It's one thing to come to a mutual agreement with your husband . . . . It's another thing for your FIL to-be to say ''Stop it, I don't want you to bring shame upon the Family name''. No?
What next? Dictate to me how many kids to have, what I should wear and eat?
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2011

LOL at that 'rhetorical' question!

@Topic,

Unless anyone wants to deceive him(and especially her)self, you can't get married to a billionaire in Africa and yet continue to take up 'base' professions like acting, modelling, etc. Ask Caroline Ekanem (who married an oil sheikh, Musa Danjuma), or the absolutely adorable Ego Boyo (who married the 2ic of Oando). Just can't work. . .you can't have your cake and eat it. And if you say you don't wanna comply with the bo$$man's order (which I know NO Nigerian babe would even dare) then there are a million more beautiful damsels waiting to replace you at the snap of the bo$$man's diamond-crusted finger. I'm sure even Genevieve Nnaji and Mercy Johnson would both quit acting if, say, Paddy Adenuga were to propose to marry them both at once. . .but would he even deign? Lol. . .(ohhh, the allures of fabulous wealth).

And yet they keep mouthing NO to submissiveness. In case anyone is getting it twisted, she DID NOT agree to quit acting for the sake of her 'love' for Deji Akande (oh, puleez, as if she would have done the same if her would-be hubby had been an ordinary N250k/per month banker). Interesting how easily they all submit to bo$$men, but if its a regular dude, they bare their fangs and scream  'Independent woman'! Bullocks.

What a wonderful world. Goodluck to her.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Xfactoria: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2011
I am sure if Dakore was asked 5years ago if she would ever quit acting for marriage, she would answer HELL NO. Her justification would probably be that a man who will marry her would like her for who she is. A lot of these actresses boast about this to emphasize the fact that they love acting.

Now, we are seeing what money can do.

BTW, what image is Chief Harry Akande talking about? Well, with people like me, he doesn't have any good image. Yes, no image if you can owe your staff their salary for up to six months and not pay them.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Angelfish1(f): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2011
If it really is true that she was asked by her In law to give up acting if she must marry her beau then it's unfortunate because she really is a good actress. On the other hand, someone who said she probably wouldn't have done that if the guy was some random not so wealthy dude was right!, babe needed to weigh her priorities o!How much will nollywood give her. oko won lode o!:-)
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by LordReed(m): 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2011
The fact tha she'll no longer act doesn't mean she can no longer work.

As far as am concerned she could always find something to do that doesn't need her to be on screen. Even if she still wants to be on screen she do talkshows or be a news anchor or another of dem talking heads. Lotsa possibilities out there.

Her choice to stop acting doesn't end her ability to work.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by double4: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2011
l agree with Lol is she marrying for money or luv? hope it works

to yr question my ans is capital No.
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Jenifa1: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2011
pro01:

And yet they keep mouthing NO to submissiveness. In case anyone is getting it twisted, she DID NOT agree to quit acting for the sake of her 'love' for Deji Akande (oh, puleez, as if she would have done the same if her would-be hubby had been an ordinary N250k/per month banker). Interesting how easily they all submit to bo$$men, but if its a regular dude, they bare their fangs and scream  'Independent woman'! Bullocks.

What a wonderful world. Goodluck to her.

could dakore afford to quit her job if her husband were poor or 'regular'?
in this case, his wealth makes it easy for her to be submissive because she has nothing much to lose. But from what I know from dakore, she seem to be the ambitious type so I don't think she is going to be a slave for her husband.

but you have a point though. I myself am a bit pissed at her because she made an excellent actress. I wish she didn't quit her career. I hope she takes up something else. poster above me suggested talkshows or news anchor.
maybe even fashion since she's so stylish. I love her

[img]http://www.sunnewsonline.com/images/Dakore&Olumide.jpg[/img]
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by Jenifa1: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2011
wow. this is reassuring!! her fiance is the co-creator it seems.

The Dakore Show, taking talk to another level!
The Dakore Show heralds the latest player in the Nigerian celebrity talk show circuit.
Hosted by Nigeria's very own Dakore Egbuson, the Dakore Show brings one-on-one celebrity interviews, live musical performances, and relevant pop culture issues, together in one easy, fun, and informative program.

The shows creators, O. Lou Akande and Dakore Egbuson have established a new format in prime-time viewing with this (inspire)tainment infused talk show.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION,

http://www.dakoreshow.com/
Re: Akande Extracts ‘No More Acting’ Promise From Dakore - Weds Next Week by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2011
Any relationship that is not based on Trust will ultimately fall from too mush distrust and hatred.

If you cannot trust the girl you are marrying to act-right in her chosen career, then you might as well buy her new friends and a new career that beats the heck out of the old one.  and hope she acts right in that new career, you insecure excuse for a husband-to-be  angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Justus Esiri's Burial Arrangements / Why Is Sexy Dancer Kaffy Showing Her Boo.bs? / "I Can Raise Kobe Bryant If 10% Of His Net Worth Is Given To Me" –prophet Nigel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.